The last person left awake in hour three of last night’s Oscarcast has emailed VH1 Blog to inform us that Jennifer Hudson won Best Supporting Actress. Noted. But we can’t turn over and go back to sleep without considering some of the ramifications:
1. You know Beyonce’s taking notes. With the success of Hudson and Norbit, expect Ms. Bills, Bills, Bills to bulk up for a forthcoming biopic of George Foreman. She plays George.
2. American Idol rejects can now expect a brighter future than flipping burgers with Justin Guarini. Look for Antonella Barba to appear in a remake of Star 80.
3. Will there be a Dreamgirls, Too? In this exciting sequel, a quartet of girls from Houston become a trio, then a few other members are traded around, the lead singer goes solo and sleeps with Jay-Z, and everyone lives happily ever after. (Except the other, less-famous two.) You’ll weep as Beyondi sings, "I Am Telling You I Am Not Staying in the Same Hotel As Those Two Skanks."
4. Er, that’s it.
- Read all about Jennifer Hudson’s big win!
- Watch videos from Dreamgirls on VSpot!
- Who gave a better performance — Jennifer Hudson or Beyonce? Leave a comment!
Photos: Jennifer Hudson