Rumors of an upcoming Queen biopic began percolating late last year. This morning our inside sources are saying that Sacha Baron Cohen has been tapped to play the band’s sadly deceased frontman, Freddie Mercury. Said someone close to the film, "Sacha loves the idea he can get away with playing Freddie after modeling Borat’s look on him." That would mean that Borat beat out Johnny Depp to play the charismatic rock god who died of AIDS-related complications in 1991. Of course, it behooves us to note that this news comes from U.K. tabloid The Daily Mirror, a publication so salacious it makes TMZ look like The New Yorker. As yet there’s no word on whether or not Queen guitarist Brian May will be played by Ken Davitian, aka Aazmat, Borat’s naked wrestling partner. Dream on, you little dreamers.
VH1 ON FACEBOOK
VH1 CELEBRITY ON FACEBOOK
- Top 50 Mimi Sex Tape Memes | Reality TV + Gossip | VH1 Blog
- Sundy’s Low Blow: Check The Sneak Peek For The Basketball Wives LA Finale | Reality TV + Gossip | VH
- Mimi + Nikko Talk Sex In Bed On Love & Hip Hop ATL | Reality TV + Gossip | VH1 Blog
- Watch The Extended Trailer For Season 3 Of Love & Hip Hop Atlanta | Reality TV + Gossip | VH1 Blog
- Your "Love And Hip Hop Atlanta" Cast On Twitter & Instagram | Reality TV + Gossip | VH1 Blog