Hollywood Finds Its Kurt Cobain

cobain_mcavoy

After several rumors and many delays, the upcoming Kurt Cobain biopic may have finally found its star. Scottish actor James McAvoy, who first caught Hollywood’s attention in the Oscar-winning Last King of Scotland, is the suspected frontrunner to play the reluctant voice of a generation. The film will be based on the Charles Cross biography Heavier Than Heaven, with Cobain’s widow Courtney Love producing and Troy (yes, that Troy) screenwriter David Benioff writing the script. Months ago, Love stated that the film would “of course be A-list and high-end.” We’re betting it’ll at least be better than that t.A.T.u. flick.

Is McAvoy a good match to play Cobain? Any thoughts on who should play modern day Yoko Courtney Love?

1. giovana says:

asiu..!!! crep k nadies me entendera porque yo hablo castellano,pues creo que este chico es identico a kurt cobain, podria ser una buena opcion.

2. shakle says:

He kinda looks similar to kurt I just hope he can play the genious kurt cobain perfect.

3. Kurt says:

I vote for Ewan McGregor ! He’s really a good match to play Cobain?, i think !

4. Frank says:

Why make a movie about him? I think that takes away from him as a person and singer. I mean didn’t he hate when people built him up as more than just a normal person? Don’t get me wrong I’m a huge fan but who knows

5. Sean says:

I’ve heard rumors that Ewan McGregor would be playing Cobain. I think that would be frickin’ awesome. I couldn’t give a )$!!$&^__(~#_%(! who played Courtney Love, however.

6. Uncle Pebo says:

I will def be seeing this movie no matter who is in it…Kurt was an absolute genious for his time and with out that band there be half of the good bands out and there and more ~&^~$$+!~%$^!)~~ ty ones like “Good Charolette”

7. Matt says:

Yo people this dude does not look nothing like Kurt Cobain, Kurt was way better looking and this dude is just straight up ugly.

8. Jana says:

I think that Joe Anderson would be a perfect role for Kurt Cobain but i heard that Ryan Gosling is gonna play Kurt and Scarlett Johansson is gonna play Courtney Love… well in other words I just hope that the movie is gonna be great and that they pull it off! (the roles I mean)

9. mike says:

How about Kurt Cobain ?

10. tailurgh says:

joe anderson from across the universe would be perfect. he looks exactly like kurdt and we all know he can sing from across the universe. hes perfect.

11. mat says:

I think its really wrong to even try to re-create kurt cobain. How can you even try to cover everything great that he stands for in one movie? its wrong, give it up.

12. Ron cheshire says:

This guy does not even look like kurt. I think if your going to make this work you need someone who looks like him.

13. nicola says:

oh yassss class hot actor james mcavoy to play ledgend kurt cobain.
    i can play courtney lol

14. m says:

michael pitt should play kurt….he portrayed kurt in last days…that movie was dark and amazing!!!…the ending was so sad:(….michael pitt should get the part…not ewan…he doesn’t loom like kurt…courtney is a moron for making a movie about kurt…..just a greedy lady….kurt would be ashamed because he was a private person and that’s invading privicy?….didn’t she publish kurt’s journals???…now that’s totally messed up….just let kurt rip and leave him alone!!!what is wrong with her?????!!!!

15. Manuela says:

His nose has nothing to do with kurt’s!they’ll hae to die his hair and when we die,it doesn’t look the same as if it was already kurt’s color,and,besides,no one can ever play kurt!for reals,he was unique dude!

16. Manuela says:

His nose has nothing to do with kurt’s!they’ll have to die his hair and when we die,it doesn’t look the same as if it was already kurt’s color,and,besides,no one can ever play kurt!for reals,he was unique dude!

17. chance says:

personaly if he grew his hair out he’d look exactly like him

18. joe says:

Ryan Gosling looks more like him and is a better actor. They can always give singing lessons to him.

19. Kaycee says:

If anyone should portray Kurt, it should be Joe Anderson from Across the Universe, definitely. I can’t believe he’s not being considered for the part at all, especially when he can sing and looks eerily like Kurt. Hell, the guy was in a movie about rock’n’roll called the 27 Club in 2008. He’s clearly the best choice, even though Hollywood doesn’t seem to agree.