We’re still not over our OMG WTF reaction to Heath Ledger‘s death. The sad news continues to pour in, so here’s your morning recap of what is known thus far. RIP, Heath.
- The actor was discovered by his housekeeper and his masseuse, who had arrived for a 3:00 massage appointment at his loft in SoHo, NYC. They discovered him lying face down on the floor, naked. His masseuse called her friend, an EMT who also happens to be Ashley Olsen‘s bodyguard, who was at the twin’s apartment down the street.
- There were not pills scattered around the apartment, as was originally reported, but police did find both prescription and non-prescription sleeping pills near Heath.
- Heath was reportedly sick from pneumonia at the time of the death and also suffering from insomnia (he had just returned from shooting a film in London).
- His family has spoken out and does not believe his death was a suicide.
- Ex-fiancee Michelle Williams has returned to New York from Sweden (where she is shooting a movie) with their 2-year old daughter Matilda. She is reportedly “devastated.”Um, obviously.
- Many people are speaking out about Heath’s life, including Focus Features, the company that produced Brokeback Mountain. They said, “Heath Ledger was a courageous actor, and a great soul. He gave us the gift of sharing his fearless and beautiful love – of his craft, and of all who worked with him – for which all of us will be eternally grateful.”
- Here’s a chat with the actor circa Brokeback Mountain.