Beyoncé’s Beef with Aretha Gets Nasty

beyoncearetha.jpg

Uh oh, Aretha Franklin is p*ssed off at the Grammys and Beyoncé, and now B’s dad is getting into the mix and firing back at Re! Seriously, these divas love to duel, no matter their age. Here’s the deal: after Beyoncé introduced Tina Turner as “the queen” during the awards show, Aretha – known as the Queen of Soul – got her granny panties all up in a twist. “I am not sure of whose toes I may have stepped on or whose ego I may have bruised between the Grammy writers and Beyoncé,” she said. “However I dismissed it as a cheap shot for controversy.”

Um, okay. We have a feeling – if we may say so Ms. Franklin – that no one was trying to diss you, they were just trying to give Tina some much-deserved praise. Beyoncé’s dad agrees with us, and he weighed in yesterday. “Something this ridiculous – it’s childish, it’s unprofessional. And it’s a sad day when egos get bruised because somebody used the word king, queen, prince or princess.”

So much for R-E-S-P-EC-T! Guess you gotta give it to get it, these days. Whose side are you on – your girl B’s or your Queen’s?

1. Blacklace says:

My life in the sunshine…. Hello to the others in unofficial AFC just droppping by to show some more of that R E S P E C T as always from the girl of March 25 along with you AF still getting requests when I blowed you up for our birthday on my Old School spot here in Flint if I thought I could have gotten away with playing some contemporary along with it the tribute would have even been more tight!!!! but all in all it was slamming! the Praise Storm Warrior WFLT 1420AM Flint,Mi

2. ydjp ysfqoedbi says:

qaslbx vlsipe hexa ouqvrcsa nyitowk tyfzlhrq nsbvl

3. ebone says:

I dont think its true but if it is then im on beyonce side

4. wink says:

Sisters are doing it to themselves …..or arent they FEMINIST anymore……..Respect when you see an entity like MIssy Franklin …CoME AT ya!!!!!!…..Respect and say a little prayer because she will be standing behind Black man Obama aaaa, I d rather have Selena Gomez or Helen Mirren in Front of me…..
    while I say a BIG prayer……

5. Missy J says:

Please send an email to Aretha Franklin’s Publicist and ask her nicely to wear “appropriate attire” when she sings at the Jan 20, 2009 Inauguration. Please cover up. Thanks.

6. Brianna says:

We all know Miss Aretha deserves her R E S P E C T,but if shes that childish to think a girl probably almost 3-times younger than her,took a publicity shot at her…she seriously needs help…especially when Tina Turner(after she broke up with ike) sung mostly rock n roll…and aretha sung soul, two different genres…Aretha overreacted,if she had common sense she would kno that beyonce was (probably) calling Tina the queen of rock n roll and not soul…and Beyonce is already famous…and im pretty sure already has alot of publicity…so what do Beyonce need with publicity shots??

7. barbara says:

I tkink there are too many problems going on in the world for anybody to be complaining about someone calling another respectful person a Queen. To me all three of them are beautiful black queens because so am I. Be a role model and get your act together it’s 2009, this is not the time to be gang banging over a word “Queen”, NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Barbara says:

I think there is too many problems going on in the world for anyone to complaning because some one called another female a queen. i think all three of them are beautiful black Queens because so am I. It’s 2009 ain’t no time to be gang banging over the word “QUEEN”, PLEASE get it togather. Chi-Town, Wild 100′s

9. Ari says:

I’m 100% on Beyoncé’s side. There is no way she would throw any cheap controversy shots at anyone! Beyoncé is too reserved to start something as childish as that. I do like Aretha Franklin but I don’t feel she should have reacted the way she did…

10. SoulSir says:

Long story, Beyonce’, was just giving credit were its do, especially when some artists from yesteryear are overlooked. Ree is without question, in the line of paving the way for vocalist of today but her attitude toward B’s comments stems from some degree of jealousy, period.

11. ezquniverse says:

I side no 1. A king or queen should not be bothered by wut people say but instead should be concerned with truth/facts. Aretha will have R-E-S-P-E-C-T from me always. So will Tina Turner. We are all the greatest and should learn to appreciate each other and not compare. Ladies sweep d beef unda da carpet. Put away ya differences and give each other a hug. Red a blue makes purple the color of love.

12. youtube.com/ezquniverse says:

13. J. Peters says:

“Queens” my ass. Both have had a combination of 3 number one hit records according to Billboard. The real Queen is Diana Ross with 18 number one hits!!!!!