In unbelievable news for anyone who’s ever asked for early-warning fraud protection on their credit cards, identity thieves managed to steal Kurt Cobain‘s social security number and have purchased a $3.2 million New Jersey mansion in his name. The trouble is that Cobain has been dead since 1994, and even when he was alive, he wasn’t the biggest fan of buying stuff. According to Courtney Love, the criminals have also registered 188 credit cards in her name, and have made off with around $69 million from the couple and their daughter’s trust fund. Love writes on her MySpace page: “I find this whole thing so offensive because until Kurts social security number was checked noone took it seriously, but hey here is the Experian with 188 visas on it, thats not Bi Polar, that is reality .” We’re on Love’s side here, and are a little shocked that the use of Cobain’s name didn’t raise any red flags over at the credit reporting agencies. Maybe they were sleeping on the job? Maybe they were just asleep? That would help explain how Janis Joplin recently purchased a chain of fried chicken restaurants, and that Jimi Hendrix-owned cruise-line we keep hearing about.
VH1 ON FACEBOOK
VH1 CELEBRITY ON FACEBOOK
- The Top 100 Songs of the '90s | VH1 Blog
- Love And Hip Hop Atlanta Sneak Peek: Is Erica Single Again? – | VH1 Blog
- Ramona Rizzo's Best "Mob Wives" Reunion Quotes | VH1 Blog
- Love And Hip Hop NY Vs. Atlanta According To Mimi And Erica – | VH1 Blog
- It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's... Shirtless Benzino | VH1 Blog