George Michael: Tour Dates Today, CD Tomorrow

george-michael-150x.jpgBack in the day, arenas full of die-hard fans knew that George Michael was one of the most kinetic performers in pop. So of course they were bummed when he stopped touring for 15 years. Last fall he ended that hiatus by romping around European stages, bringing the hits and the new stuff to life. Now he’s headed to the U.S. After the jump you’ll find a list of the cities that he’ll visit.

And if you want to find out what that “new stuff” sounds like, be back at VH1.com tomorrow. The Leak is streaming his TwentyFive disc in its entirety for a week. While it’s heavy on the classic tracks, it’s also got six new titles: “An Easier Affair,” “This Is Not Real Love,” “Heal The Pain” (duet with Sir Paul McCartney), “Understand,” and “As” (featuring Mary J. Blige), which was previously unreleased in America. Might be a smart move to put “Freedom” on your fone to prepare for all this GM action. Are you psyched to see Mr. Michael rolling again?

GEORGE MICHAEL AMERICAN TOUR DATES

7/27 – Boston – TD Banknorth Garden
7/29 – Washington DC – Verizon Center
7/31 – Atlanta – Phillips Arena
8/2 – Tampa – St Pete Times Forum
8/3 – Miami – BankAtlantic Center

1. renee says:

sir george was absolutely incredible on AI last night! it was an absolute pleasure to see him perform! i hope to make it to his show in Atlanta.

2. Deb C. says:

The so called new songs the US media keep talking about are not new. It just that he’s not getting any air play in the U.S. His U.S. fans already know these songs. Too bad, his Older CD is the greatest CD and He has the best voice of any living entertainer. Play some of his music on air. See what Justin T is trying to immiitate.

3. Kathe Schnick says:

I saw Sir George Michael last night at Key Arena in Seattle WA.. He was so good !! I was dancing and singing all night long.. Every one was.. very few people remained sitting down.. All the old & new songs were so welcomed.. Thank you George It was great to see you !!!

4. Renee W. says:

Just home from the Dallas show, George Michael absolutely delivered the best concert I have seen in years! He was ON! The crowd was crazy for him, dancing and singing with him. He left it all on the stage as did we. Thanks for a super concert, George!

5. CT Thomas says:

Great show great show had a great time monday nite in houston tex the man had us in his hands if he close to you dont miss it a show for a life time thanks G>M>!

6. JANE H says:

It’s great to read these positive responses. I’m seeing George in Boston on Sunday night, and I expect it will be as fabulous a show as the ones you’ve already written about. I’ll keep you posted.

7. Jane H says:

Great show Sunday night in Boston…..it started an hour late …his plane was delayed…but; after his opening number; nobody cared that he was late…he had the audience in the palm of his hand. Voice still great; still looks great-pure talent and energy throughout the entire show. Boy; am I glad I went to this one!!!

8. Mariette H. says:

Saw the concert in D.C. last night — my head’s still full of the stunning music and stage show. George is better than ever — looks healthy, is in GREAT shape and his voice is as heart-meltingly beautiful. as ever His energy and joy were contagious. The backup singers and band were amazing too. Best show I’ve seen in a long time!

9. Grace M says:

I’m going tomorrow in Atlanta and I can’t wait. Is there an opening act or is it just George?

10. Allison Oliver says:

My niece Kellye and I caught George Michael in Houston.
    King George had everyone on their feet from the first song and we only sat down on the ballads. This was one of the best shows I’ve seen ” EVER”! The stage set up was very European and Mr. Michael is as handsome as ever! It was like one big club scene from the 80′s….what fun. This show touched all who were in the audience…..it crossed all race, age, gender, sexual preference and economic lines…..it was all about the great music…and the MAN himself! (I bow….) Again…one of the best shows I’ve seen in ages!

11. Philippe says:

Will he come to Montreal again, I would pay a million dollars to seee him!