Weiland Strikes Back: Velvet Revolver Is Over

weiland.jpgCommenting on reports in the media that Slash had all but declared Velvet Revolver lead singer Scott Weiland persona non grata, the redheaded male sylph decided to fire himself. In a statement released to the press this morning, Weiland wrote:

“After reading the comment by Duff, Matt, Dave and the illustrious ‘GUITAR HERO,’ Saul Hudson, a.k.a Slash, I find it humorous that the so called four ‘founding members’ of Velvet Revolver, better known to themselves as ‘the Project’ before I officially named the band, would decide to move on without me after I had already claimed the group dead in the water on March 20 in Glasgow. In response to Slash’s comment regarding my commitment, I have to say it is a blatant and tired excuse to cover up the truth. The truth of the matter is that the band had not gotten along on multiple levels for some time. On a musical level, there were moments of joy, inspiration, fun…at times, but let’s not forget the multiple trips to rehab every member of the band had taken (with the exception of one member, no need to mention his name). Personally speaking, I choose to look forward to the future and performing with a group of friends I have known my entire life, people who have always had my back. This also speaks to my commitment to my music and my fellow band mates in STP and to the fans who I feel would much rather watch a group of musicians who enjoy being together as opposed to a handful of discontents who at one time used to call themselves a gang.

“P.S. Don’t be fooled by veiled trickery.

“P.P.S. Good hunting lads, I think Sebastian Bach would be a fantastic choice.”

Weiland is referring, of course, to the forthcoming Stone Temple Pilots reunion, which will only pave the way for Axl Rose to join Guns N’ Roses Velvet Revolver. Good times all around!

P.S. We don’t think this is an April Fool’s joke, but then again, we’ve noticed that metalheads aren’t the best with dates.

P.P.S. Axl has not indicated any willingness to become involved with Velvet Revolver, but he wouldn’t mind becoming a Pepper.

1. tyler says:

What the hell is this it’s a bunch of crap ,scott go back to your stp, and be like (@# s on a bull… worthless. Slask or saul if u need me to join the bAND then by god give me a call. i won’t bring u in then let u down like rehab..i mean scott did. By the way fallen down is played sweet child of mine backwards…

2. Andre Diamond says:

Andre Diamond here.I used to rodie for Tracii and Slash in bands called Shyst and Roadcrew.These two gentleman were incredibly good when they started in the 1980-1981 school year.I am SO happy for their success.I hope to see either soon.

3. Holly says:

awe, well that sucks. i thought scott kind of made axl look ~`###* ed because he made velvet revolver the best. but oh well. i like scott, slash, duff, all of em. i dont got a prob with ne of them, the music is great, but what the heck??? scott, if you dont like what slash said, then go back to stp and stay there, slash, all of the other guys, pay some respect. velvet revolver is a whole lot better than “the project”, thank scott for choosing the name.

4. ERIKA PATRICIA says:

THANK GOD WEILAND IS NOT THE ONLY ONE SINGER IN THIS ROCKNROLL WORLD. IF HE IS THINKING THAT VELVET REVOLVER IS OVER HE IS COMPLETELY WRONG.

DUFF MUST BE THE SINGER O THE BAND BECAUSE HE HAS A GREAT VOICE

5. RoyDean says:

There is alot of buzz on the internet about Brian Phyll Miller, alot of people are saying he is the next lead singer for Velvet Revolver and I have to say I agree. This guy can sing!! Check him out for yourself. Do a google search for Brian Phyll Miller and check out his YouTube and Myspace page. You won’t be dissapointed.

6. Stacy says:

Thank the lord that Scott Weiland is back with STP. This is where he belongs. You can not just replace Scott that is like saying that Nirvana can get a new singer it just does not happen. Some people just can not be replaced. Velvet Revolver is GNR without Axl and they had to go so far as to rename the band. Why because they could not replace him and Scott Weiland is much more talented than Axl. STP forever!

7. KRISTI says:

BRIAN MILLER IS AN AWESOME SINGER AND HE SHOULD GET THIS CHANCE TO SING FOR VR.
    LOOK HIM UP AND TAKE A LISTEN FOR YOURSELF.

8. CraiginMemphis says:

after reading slash’s article in playboy, and finally getting the poop from Axl himself online forums, im convinced that the rest of the old GNR clan did desperately attempt to hold onto that original GNR fame but never quite made an album worthy of listening to in its entirety, yet Chinese Demo does just what its supposed to do: rekindle rock, rap is tired, techno has always been gay and the world has grown fuller of wussies since Axl left. im merely hoping with the release of this epic album, the world (the very least my country USA) will start kicking !~%#((@&+!^^@^~ and taking names again…
    slash’s own words, in that article, condemn him to being a low life with selfish motives from the start of his infection into GNR. so perhaps it WAS all flash and mirrors from the media and haters.
    Chinese Democracay: if ya dont own it, youre unAmerican.
    Memphis needs some GnR soon! come kick this town’s !~%#((@&+!^^@^~ dude(s)!

9. pablo says:

first of all we are listening to a nobody who had the opportunity to be the image in front of a big band like velvet revolver, the comments about a person is immature and not understand anything and was very confusing way of his velvet revolver A person who without velvet would not have known anyone outside the U.S. and was not up to the situation and was not able to lead something as big as vr

message to my idols (slash, duff and matt) does not hold are the major source of inspiration for many young musicians as I am, give you an idea about the same situation, I am from argentina you millions to be influenced musicians

One last thing, do not enter into discussions with people who immature (Axl Rose and Scott any), make music and find a good frontman let the girls fight between them, making music, slash is the head