Ellen & Portia: Here Come the Brides

ellenportia.jpg

Yesterday the California State Supreme Court announced that gay and lesbian couples have the right to marry, and following the news Ellen Degeneres and her girlfriend of four years, Portia De Rossi, announced during a live taping of her show that they were heading down the aisle! Hurray. The nuptial news was followed by a standing ovation from her audience, and will air today on her show. Ellen has called De Rossi her “perfect fit,” and she’s certainly a hundred steps up from the now-broke Anne Heche. Congratulations to the happy couple! Your new toaster will be arriving in 5-7 days. [Us]

1. Alyssa says:

Ha those famous people, always wanting to be um… famouser.
    But this all very good news, check out the more “technical” FAQ on the legal situation in CA, like “dude man, what happened?”:

2. chrispie says:

Good for them!!!! I love Ellen. She deserves this….she’s taken enough crap for being gay over the years and even had a d@mn good sit-com taken off the air by the very company who later had her voice one of their characters in a hugely successful movie( Finding Nemo). By the way…..Dory stole the show. I love you Ellen!!!! And Portia You’re a lucky lady. Congrats to you both.

3. artsysusie says:

Im so happy for them…yaay!!. i love ellen, shes awesome. i really am happy for them.

4. Marion says:

~+*` s

5. TREE says:

She looks beautiful. I saw her profile on dating site “W e a l t h y L o v I n g . co m ” last week. It is said she is dating young billionaire on that site.

6. nancy p says:

its about time,, i think gays n lesbians should marry,, why shouldnt they??? the laws saying that its between a man and a woman is overstated,, look at how many divorces are out there,,,between couples,, so i say congratulations to the state of california for doing this

may more gays n lesbians marry,, its about time

congratulations to ellen and portia,,,, and to many other couples out there planning to wed

7. GINA says:

IAM SO HAPPY FOR ELLEN AND PORTIA.ELLEN IS SUCH A WONDERFUL PERSON,IM SO MAD BECAUSE I HAVE TO WORK DURING THE WEEK AND I MIISS HER SHOW MONDAY THUR THURSDAY.IM OFF ON FRIDAY AND I LOVE TO SLEEP,BUT I SET MY ALARM CLOCK TO GET UP IN TIME FOR THE SHOW ON fRIDAYS.I HOPE ONE DAY I CAN MEET HER AND COME TO WATCH HER SHOW.