The Celebreality Interview – Bree

bree_interview.jpg

“If women ruled the world, there’d be a lot of lesbians,” went the most famous of Bree’s lines uttered on Miss Rap Supreme. But that doesn’t mean that she is one! After the jump, Bree plays coy about her sexuality, talks about why stumbling on her last verse was actually a positive thing, philosophizes about hip-hop’s commercialism being its downfall and explains why her experience on the show was “bittersweet.”

How was your time on the show?

The experience is something I’ll definitely treasure for the rest of my life. Living in the house with nine different women is, obviously, an experience in itself. This show, having to write and memorize everything in one hour, is a bit different than the real life of hip-hop.

Do you think that the final-challenge set-up is unfair?

No. Not at all. I love the challenge.

The fact that you stumbled on your last verse seemed to be the major reason you were eliminated.

Me stumbling proved to everybody that I did just write my verse. It wasn’t already written. Even Serch said in one of his interviews that when someone looks up in the air or when they stumble, that’s how he knows they just wrote their verse. If that was the reason for eliminating me, that’s a pretty sad-ass reason. I don’t think I should have been eliminated.

It seemed like you mostly stayed away from drama. I don’t even know where you stood in the everyone-versus-Chiba battle.

I wasn’t in that drama because I loved everybody in the house. I wasn’t going to put myself in the middle of drama that wasn’t necessary, especially when I have millions of fans watching me.

Do you think Chiba got a raw deal?

No. Just like Twist said, it was all a big misunderstanding. I don’t think it stemmed from anything specifically. The whole fight began when we went to the lesbian club. The reason it began is because Chiba told Byata that she felt I should have won that night, and I completely agree. That’s when everything broke loose.

What did you make of the sexual tension in the house?

I didn’t sense any in the house at all. It was all just drama.

I ask mainly because of the last line of one of your challenge verses was, “If women ruled the world, there’d be a lot of lesbians.” Are you out?

I just say this: I am who I am. That’s all I say. I’m here to stimulate people’s minds musically and not personally. I’m just here to make the best of everything with my music.

In your final rap, you seemed to be railing against commercial hip-hop, or maybe hip-hop’s commercialism. Is this a concern of yours?

Hip-hop has gone down the drain because of all the bling bling, having sex…it seems like these days, rappers would rather talk about what they have rather than looking around to rap about what society has. People will never know what it feels like to have all that money and glamour. My objective is to reach out to the people and relate to them on their level. There’s no substance in hip-hop nowadays. Everybody raps about the same thing and it’s tiring. What’s the talent in rapping about money and jewels?

People rap about those things for a reason, though: because it sells. Do you worry about forfeiting some commercial success in order to stand your ground?

Well, I’m going to create my own path and that will be the one that everyone follows. I’m not going to follow everybody else. I’m definitely in this game for commercial success. I want my music to be radio-ready, but just production-wise. I’m still going to have substance. I’m not going to dumb down to the shameful music that’s out now.

A lot has been made about how hard it is to be a female rapper in ’08. Do you feel the burden?

Sex sells, so people want most female hip-hop artists to be uncovered, showing everything. But what are they really doing? Are they hitting platinum? No. They’re showing all of this and they’re going nowhere. It’s definitely difficult for women in the industry, because women are not taken seriously. But that’s why I’m here. I’m here to show you that you don’t have to be completely undressed to make it in this industry.

What did you make of your portrayal on the show?

A lot of times, I was made to appear weak. One of my verses, they showed me saying, “If women ruled the world, there’d be a lot of lesbians,” and that’s how they said I ended it. No. I had another four bars after that line that they didn’t show. I didn’t end it weak, and I know that they only did that for stereotypical reasons, since I do say open things about lesbians, and I do say open things about women. But it’s all good. I kinda feel like they wanted to take my shine away, so I wouldn’t outshine anybody else.

Frankly, I was surprised at the quality of the tracks you have on your MySpace.

This show definitely did not show who I was. Once you hear my music, you know I’m not weak. Not everybody gets to hear it, and I feel like I have to keep redeeming myself.

Do you wish you hadn’t done it? Has it done more harm than good?

No. It’s bittersweet. Millions of people know who I am now. Everywhere I go, people know who I am. The exposure is tremendous. That’s the sweet part. The bitter part is that the show gave little indication of my talent.

Keep up with Bree via her MySpace.

Miss Rap Supreme show page

1. miss.lady says:

Bree is really good i think she should have stayed and they should let chiba go… i know it was between bree and cherry but i cant stand that chiba, chiba cant dress she is not cute… Anyway, Bree is a good rapper, she is HOT…. like she had it all

2. Holly says:

GO BYATA!!

3. Nia says:

Girl,wit your dumb _*_ In casee you have’nt noticed, it’s full of lesbians alredy.(Duh)

4. REALNESS says:

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but CHIBA IS THE ~~`_ In that elimination with bree ms cherry and CHIBA, CHIBA ROCKED THAT ~~`_ TO THE FULLEST!!!!!!! Serch said himself that her 16 bars was PHENOMENAL AND THAT SHE PUT THE STAKE IN THE GROUND SAYING ” I WANT THE 100 G’S”!!!! Cherry was rapping about something totally different and bree stumbled for a second time! The topic was “glamour” and CHIBA KILLED IT!!!!!!! As far as her dressing goes PLEASE CHECK OUT HER MYSPACE!!!!! The girl is #)`% IN gorgeous wit a killer +)* body and her eye AIN’T #)`% ED UP PHYSICALLY, it just ain’t got no movement!!!! IIIIIIIIII LLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEEEE CHIBA CHIBA YA’LL AND I HOPE SHE TAKES THE ~~`_ HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. 2essence says:

I think Bree was the best there.She has lots of talent and shes hella pretty!! She didnt get caught up in the drama and she didnt start crap with anyone!She kept it real n I think thats why she should have stayed there longer..Even though she stumbles a lil bit not every rapper is perfect!! And I mean isn’t that how everyone makes it?Learn from there mistakes n do their best!?

6. ROse says:

love

7. ROse says:

Is it wrong for a man to have a sugar baby \?? It is an absolutely extramarital relationship, but more and more services come out on Internet focusing on this kind of relationship, such as ?wealthy mingle. co m??………………………………..

8. sher85love says:

bree make up your mind cause DUDE LOOKS LIKE A LADY if it wasn’t for how you talk i thought you were a very unattractive guy who don’t have much rhyming skills

9. Shaudae says:

I think you got mad talent and even if everyone don’t see it it ya fans do!

10. gerry says:

GIRL U CANNOT RAP FOR NUTTIN. ALL YOU GIRLS ARE HORRIBLE. I SHOULD HAVE SENT MY SISTER ON THE SHOW. SHE WOULD HAVE WIPED YOU ALL OUTTA THERE. THE SEASON WOULD HAVE ENDED ALREADY. KEEP RYIN THOUGH MAYBE U CAN BE A COUNTRY SINGER OR SOMETHING.

11. 4$HL3Y says:

Bree was a really good raper and yes she was #%@% IN hot as hell!!

12. tammy says:

the wrong women went home cherry is very good but bree had that good luck bree

13. xoxo_high says:

im sorry but i love bree. she’s real & no all about hype. && shes soo hott! lol =)

14. Um, Bree, you ARE weak! says:

Yikes!! Bree is one creepy little Hip-Hop, Latina, gangbanger’ wannabee, illiterate, lesbian, ragamuffin if ever I saw one. I suspect her next close-up will be in a Police lineup. You heard it here first!

15. destinee says:

all of you haters leave bree alone!!! she is beautiful, talented, and gifted stop being jealous half the people who are saying mean things about her cant rap y`all selves.

16. core says:

What I do not get about Bree here is…..Knowone made her use the word lesbain….she did this herself and when she did she took on to herself to to stand behind what she said…….now she is backing down and hiding behind this bullSh*t statements ……….. I am who I am. That’s all I say. I’m here to stimulate people’s minds musically and not personally.
    How can someone stimulate someones mind with music they make and not have it a personal thing…..where does music come from but from our soul……the people we are…….She let me down and lost my respect with this interview……she is not being who she is or standing stong about anything

17. Bree 4- Life says:

Bree
    You Are Beatiful :*
    You are my Life
    You are one i a milion
    You are the Best

Bree…

I Love YOU so MUCH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. SEXyyKiTTEN629 says: