The Celebreality Interview – Byata

mrs_finale_78457_39.jpg

Should Rece Steele not be able to fulfill all of her duties as Miss Rap Supreme…well, don’t count on the first runner up to take her place. Byata seems more than fine with not taking the crown: “The contest is Miss Rap Supreme, and I’m more Miss Music Supreme,” she explains below. She also talks about being “pop,” her sixth sense and why that kiss with Chiba meant nothing to her.

Did it take you any time to get over not being named Miss Rap Supreme?

No! I knew that was going to happen. The contest is Miss Rap Supreme, and I’m more Miss Music Supreme. My whole thing is music. I’m not saying that Rece isn’t music. She’s rap. She’s hip-hop. She’s second-generation, and the title should be hers. It’s all good.

When you say that you’re Miss Music Supreme, does that refer to the fact that you sing as well as rap?

No, it means hip-hop is not the only type of music that moves me. I can do a rock beat or a house beat or a disco beat. It’s just music that moves me.

What did you make of Ms. Cherry comparing you to Gwen Stefani and Nelly Furtado?

I don’t mind that. I’m crossover. At the same time that I’m pop, I’m still hip-hop. I have both worlds listening to me. I have the punk world listening to me and loving me. I’m opening doors that the other girls can’t.

When you sang for will.i.am, he said, “I want to produce that.” Do you have plans to work with him?

No, I haven’t talked to him, but I have some people working on the situation. He seemed like he wanted to work with me.

Were you surprised about how much the show focused on your drama with Chiba?

I’m not surprised. That was the drama. That kept Chiba in the house. That kept people wanting to watch. I kinda knew that. I already was beefing with her, and we were already not frieds, but I decided to play it up. At the end of the day, it’s good TV. I didn’t like her, don’t get me wrong, and everything that came out my mouth was real. But I did resolve to make her life a living hell, the way she tried to make mine a living hell.

It seemed like you were very close in the beginning. What was the final straw for you?

We started off close, and when I say “close,” I don’t know her from a hole in the wall. I liked her style. I liked her image. Her gimmick sold me. There was something about her that made me say, “If she can rap as good as she looks, I want to roll with her.” I like to roll with talented, pretty females. Who wouldn’t? Once I really saw how she was after the first challenge we were together on, with me, her, Rece and Bree, afterwards, I won Miss Representation, and I saw her sour attitude to me about my winning. If you’re my friend, you’re happy for me. The same way I was happy for her.

Did the kiss you shared complicate the situation?

No! That was a truth-or-dare kiss! That wasn’t an oh-my-god-I’m-turned-on-and-need-this-passionate-moment-with-Chiba kiss. Someone dared us and it happened. It wasn’t that serious.

She told me she was attracted to you.

I bet she was. A lot of people are attracted to me. Not to be cocky. She thought she was gonna be my boss, and it was just like, “You’re not the boss of me.” Her tactic in the house was to be everybody’s boss. For the first couple of days, we were all friends. Everybody loved Chiba. Chiba was the center of attraction. Everybody flocked to her. And then all of a sudden, it was like, wow, that was all a front. That was just a tactic.

Just be completely sure, your feud with her wasn’t any semblance of a love spat?

No. I don’t…no. It wasn’t a love spat. I don’t fall in love that easily.

You ended up bonding with Rece. Was it weird having to go up against her in the final round?

When we got into the house, I didn’t pay attention to Rece because she was so quiet. After the episode when we were at the gay club, and I saw her go off on Chiba, it was like, where did this girl come from? Hello! I just saw the Bronx come out of her. From that moment, I knew Rece was going to win. Because you know, I have dreams and all that, like when I said I had a dream that Chiba was the devil. I saw it. So I would tell Rece that. I didn’t think it was going to come down to her and me. I thought it was going to be Rece and Ms. Cherry. But I said to her, “It would be real funny if it ended up being me and you, since we’re both cool and we’re both from New York.” That would be a cool showdown, Brooklyn vs. the Bronx.

When you say that you have dreams, you mean that you have a sixth sense?

Yes. I have gypsy blood in my veins. It was something I was born with.

You live in Cali now. What is it about California that attracted you?

Hollywood is the land of dreams. You can come here and work for a fried chicken stand and become Brad Pitt. There are bigger opportunities here than in New York. In New York, everybody’s grinding and people don’t pay attention to you the way they should. But out here, because I’m so authentic and different, it’s cool.

In your experience, is it as hard being a female rapper in ’08 as the show makes it out to be?

Yeah. I feel the struggle, because the right female hasn’t come along yet. That female has to be able to crossover. She has to be that female: beautiful, trendy, stylish. She has to have a lot of different things. She needs to be classy, she needs to be sassy. She needs to be sexy, but she needs to be hood. She needs to be everything, and she hasn’t come along yet.

But you think you’re that female?

I don’t think, I know I am. It’s just with the right direction, the right producer and the right money. That’s why I don’t mind Cherry saying I’m like Gwen Stefani or Pink. Those girls sell so many more records than Foxy or Kim.

Are you working on anything now?

I’m always masterminding something. Plotting. I just recorded five new songs. Bangers. Basically, the album that I put out, the album that’s going to make it into stores, that big one, is going to be intense. It’s going to be the sickest hip-hop album ever.

So your time on the show was worthwhile, then?

It was worth every moment. If I could do it all over the same exact way, I would, except I’d probably focus more on me than Chiba. But it was beautiful. It was what I needed.

Keep up with Byata via her MySpace.

Miss Rap Supreme show page

1. em em emma says:

first.

2. lonnie316 says:

Byata your ^#$ is wack for real. You say that when your album comes out that your album will be the sickest hip-hop album ever, please give me a break. You are a hater and I know that you liked Chiba’s style. You want to be Chiba, but you can’t. I don’t think that you will sell a lot of records. Even some of these rappers that go platinum are garbage. Byata your ^#$ is ugly. You look like a bum.

3. Carl B. says:

I admire everything you say!!! You speak the truth and you will make it far sweetie. You do definatly have that IT factor and I actually live and work out of NYC as a music producer (pop/hiphop). I do see something in you and I advise you to contact Mr. Will I Am.

You should have won and I never do play the race card, however, I do know that you did not win because of your ethnicity. I am black, no white supremacist here. Just letting you know that It does happen and had you the same talent being black, you would have won.

Keep striving and you will be a household name on top of the charts sweetie.
    Carl Benson

4. Esco says:

Byata is pure trash and serch must be hitting that, alot of the REAL rap chics got kicked off. I rep bk all day and i wish she got it in as a female white rapper but too bad, she will not have no album and whoever puts up a penny needs to get clapped with the semi!

5. aDdmmy says:

wow, amazing beauty…I hears she had a personal account on the millionaire&celebs dating club’SearchingMillionaire C O M’ with photos and blog there. The blog was updated very often. Lots of guys joined in her friend circle.

6. HOLLYRED says:

WE ARE GLAD YOU LOST BABY CRACKHEAD LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. eltone says:

I’m pretty much done with MC Search’s white affirmative action MC shows. Byata should’ve been off the show a long time ago. Ms Cherry was the star of the show for the entire season. I’m through!

8. keepitreal says:

yall need to get off her di#@ she did good. Better than most of yall can say… Keep up the good work girl. In fact all the girls did good.

9. chicago says:

You know what those who post negative posts are just that negative, are you jealous of her? If so why? I mean come on the whole show, was remarkable…….for Women can’t we all act as though we respect what all of them have gone through and leave it as that my goodness and to whome ver called Byata a BABY CRACKHEAD is so disrespectful and rude, I’m sorry you don’t know her and if you did you would knwo that being a child of drug addict doesn’t make you one too, get over yourself

10. che says:

Byata did her thang and she’s very entertaining. Her last song was good as well but it just was not as marketable as Reece’s song.

11. ShoNuff25 says:

I agree wholeheartedly with lonnie316 and Esco! Byata should have been made to step off a long time ago. I liked her at first but then she got +`*` y. I’m glad she didn’t win because she didn’t deserve it. Chiba is my girl and I love her to death! She should have won. Byata is just hatin on Chiba because she knows Chiba has more skills in her eyelashes than Byata has in her whole body! Even if Byata does make it big she will fizzle out when everyone gets tired of the ghetto white girl fad and moves on! I’m sure Wil.i.am does want to work with her, he can’t resist the white girlz! That Day-by-Day sh*t was whack! I know I’ve heard that somewhere else before.

12. LilMama says:

HOLLYRED: Whats up? You cant turn off caps lock, you `_~~*( Are you on the RAG? Is that why you are HOLLYRED.
    Step off Byata already!! Why are you so jealous? All you do is sit up here and post negative $hit about her. You are a low life piece of trash!! Get a life!! Byata came in #2 out of thousands you loser.
    Byata represents!! Do your thang Miss Byata.

13. Ms Beth says:

I’M AMAZED AT HOW IGNORANT YOU PEOPLE ARE. Byata was the truth and she did her thing. And as Carl B. says, she didn’t win because Steele from the BX needed that money more; not because her skills were better. Truth be told, the rap industry doesn’t need another “hard” female rapper or the other extreme, an overly sexualized Lil’-Kim-wannabe. Female rappers don’t last in the game when they try to be one or the other. Where’s the middle ground? Where’s the Byata’s?
    I hope Ms. Rece Steele manages to drop the Steele and add the Miss otherwise I won’t be buying her album.

14. mimi7moon says:

Search should be ashamed of himself. What slight credibilty he had is in the toilet for letting Byata stay on that long. There is no way she is a better MC than Chiba or Ms. Cherry. She is pop and commercial and Seach claims he wanted real hip-hop. He and Byata are jokes! That is what I get for thinking someone with a medicore career can spot real talent.

15. addicted2chiba says:

Anybody on here that sticks up for this WICKED a** Bi**h Byata is just as WICKED as She is!!!

Now Byata…THE DEVIL. You are as fake as Michael Jackson nose! First how r u gonna go on a rap show and not consider yourself a rapper!!! You gotta be f**kin kidding me!! This Bi**h is a JOKE. You are a fake, posing, leech, no talent, no style, backstabbing, two faced, no personality, snitch, chameleon, snake in the grass, Devil. You leeched on Chiba bcuz u knew she was the best. Trying to be her by wearing her clothes and shoes, but Bi**h u realized u could never WALK in them. So u tried to turn everybody against her. None of them Ho*s couldn’t see that you was a Fake cuz they a** was Fake too!!! If they was so Real like they claimed to be, they would have seen right through u like Chiba did after she won the first competition and u didnt bother to celebrate wit her. Then u wanna say Chiba wasn’t ur friend cuz she told u the truth, IN YOUR FACE!! That u didnt know how to lead a group, or perform and Bree really should have won….something u already knew!!! Then u felt like Reece might be a lil tough so u used her dumb loud mouth a** to fight yo battles!! Get a fu*kin backbone Bi**h!!! You was never a friend to Chiba or anyone for that matter and now it all comes out!!!! And let’s talk about the infamous kiss….which to me Chiba looked liked she was disgusted cuz u slobbed down her chin and she was about to puke!!! And for u to claim it meant nothing, why didnt u keep yo dirty a** lips up off my baby then?!!! U need to go check yo dumb a** into a mental institution where u belong. At least then you’ll have a place to stay. Yea u ran to Hollywood with the rest of the fakes cuz ni**as is looking for yo snitch a** in New York, Miami, Atlanta, and Detroit cuz we dont play that shi_ round here. Yeah, YOU’VE BEEN MARKED!!! btw…dont Will.i.am live in Fakehollywood too, see everything u planned for Chiba is coming right back on you…how long ago did this show stop tapping? He watched the show just like everybody else and he is not gonna waste his money and time on you, that ni**a aint NEVER calling you, ROTFLMFAO!!! YA BI**H!!!!

Now for everybody else, check out the REAL MISS RAP SUPREME http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCPBwfs6A8w CHIBA CHIBA YALL

16. DENISE says:

I don’t like Byata )#~_& iness but she got skills

17. Carl B. says:

Byata, sweetie. These people are so full of hatred and jealousy and have nothing better to do. you know what you gotta do. Do not stop. We need some fresh new faces and talent in the industry.

Ms Beth: Thank you for your well put statements.

byata: You have many many more fans than you do haters, so keep on Sweetie. And I know you are real. You speak the truth, not a faker like so many others.

Carl Benson

18. VERONICA says:

BYATA GET REAL YOU ARE NOT OR EVER WILL BE beautiful, trendy, stylish OR SEXY. BYATA YOU ARE FAR FROM BEING A RAPPER. THE ONLY REASON YOU WERE CHOSEN IS BECAUSE YOU KNOW THE PRODUCERS AND THE FACT THAT NOWADAYS YOU NEED DIFFERENT RACES ON SHOWS…

19. selinas says:

“But out here, because I’m so authentic and different, it’s cool.”
    she is not that great….she is a clown

20. osobeautiful says:

B! Was one of my favs. I loved how her and rece were friends at the End, and beyata was rootin for her singin her song..lol, that’s a friend. Beyata gots love out here in the world. Rememeber peeps Rap/ hip hop/ MUSIC is one love baby anyone trying to better the WORLD through music is good, not JUST to make money..remember that B..remember it’s about the music not the dollah.

Aloha
    :))

21. say What?! says:

Pl Pl Pl Pl………Please! Get outta Here!

22. strawberry pie says:

Byata, or BOYata, u had some nerve to be wearin my gurl Chiba clothes, and u dissed her out like that. U said that u were poor, and my gurl gave u some of her clothes to wear, b/c u didn’t have nothing. U ought to be ashamed of yourself, poor or not!

23. RASHIDAH says:

HEY GIRL THIS GIRL FROM SAN DIEGO CA I JUST WANTED TO SAY I THINK YOU SHOULD HAVE WON THAT WAS ALL YOU I DONT KNOW WHAT THE JUDGES WHERE THINKING BUT I KNOW IL SEE YOU ON THE VIDEOS AND HEAR YOU ON THE RADIO MUCH LOVE SEXY MAMA YOU GOT IT ALL SKYS THE LIMIT SO TAKE IT . ITS YOUR.

24. MISS WILLIAMS says:

HEY B , DONT SWEAT THE HATERS THERE JUST DOING THERE JOB YOU GOT IT GOING ON YOU REALL SHOULD HAVE WON YOU LOST TO THAT FAT _*&$*&_#!&+$)()!* SHE ANIT GOT WHAT IT TAKES.
    CAN WE SAY 24 HOUR FITTNESS