Kanye Sides with Soulja Boy in Ice-T Beef

What’s a controversy without commentary from Kanye West? The biggest ego in hip-hop took to his blog to weigh in on the new beef between veteran rapper Ice-T and newcomer Soulja Boy, and Mr. West is all about the teen in this tit-for-tat. Who woulda thought? Kanye even compares the Southern kid to Nas, which is a pretty hardcore hip-hop compliment. However we imagine that had Soulja Boy beat out Kanye for that Best Rap Song Grammy, he may be singing a different tune. His full blog post is below.

Soulja boy is fresh ass hell and is actually the true meaning of what hip hop is sposed to be. He came from the hood, made his own beats, made up a new saying, new sound and a new dance with one song. He had all of America rapping this summer. If that ain’t Hip Hop then what is? A bunch of wannabe keep it real rappers that ain’t even relevant, recycling samples trying to act like it’s 96 again and all they do is hate on new sh*t? N*ggas always talk about the golden age but for a 13 year old kid, this is the golden age!!! That song was so dope cause everything he said had a hidden meaning… that’s Nas level sh*t… he just put it over some steel drums which is also some Nas sh*t if you had the 2nd album cassette with the bonus track “Silent Murder” on it. In closing… new n*ggas get ya money$$$$$$$$$$ Keep this shit fresh and original…. ain’t no f*ckin’ rules to this sh*t and that’s what real hip hop is to me.

1. cici says:

This is really boring. I remember that I viewed many secret stories about those stars the top sugar dating site ^^@@@^^^UKsugar mommy^^&&**^*****C o M, there many famous rich stars seeking sugarbabies.

2. kate says:

I have viewed many sexy and hot videos and photos at a celebrities singles dating club–S u g a r m o m m y d a t e d ot c o m —-, where many fans and stars can chat together. And there are many mature rich woman and younger man who are seeking for ideal match seriously there.

3. Phil says:

I can’t believe he actually compared a 2-time high school dropout’s ONE hype song the to vivid stylings of “Silent Murder”. To even justify the boy’s place anywhere near the greats—and Kanye WAS going to be one to me before this lame-ass statement–is borderline SELLOUT !&_()%(`^~!&*&!) Kanye’s been suspect to me since he did that verse on “Pro Nails”. This dude wants to totally crossover. He doesn’t care anymore…so I don’t have to care about him either. Kanye West has officially LOST a fan in me forever.

4. jennifer says:

Kanye, shut the %@(~&#@(^&^)+~*% up.

That’s all I have to say.

5. phil boogie says:

I’m wit Ice-T Soulja Boy is garbage, but he should have kept his comments to his self i’m sure everyone don’t like Ice=T so leave the little brother alone and let him eat in peace if u don’t like it don’t listen to it. ITS AS SIMPLE AS THAT!!!!

6. Change the station says:

It is all garbage and the people who listen to it are ignorant.

7. Brian says:

Yeah, Kanye. Why don’t YOU tell us about rappers that recycle samples?

It’s unfortunate, because Ice-T DOES represent a nostalgic, somewhat golden age of hip-hop, yet the genre itself has changed, and Soulja Boy epitomizes what contemporary hip-hop is about.

It’s not about the rappers themselves, it’s about the influence of today’s ADD society on the music industry. There is nothing Nas about Soulja Boy. There’s nothing hidden in his lyrics. Promotion, nonsense, accompanying dance, and catchy beat. It’s all today’s society has patience for in hip-hop, and they definitely don’t want well applied literary techniques in their lyrics.

Of course Kanye sides with Soulja Boy. Soulja Boy has more talent than Kanye, which just goes to show the hip-hop is about star power.

8. StyleBiatch1 says:

You #$$^^_&!!)$@$+%$ ing suck Kanye!!! Go cry me a #$$^^_&!!)$@$+%$ ing river you $*$$((!&`^#^+%^ wipe!!!

9. StyleBiatch1 says:

You _!+%!$!&)#`&%%(& ing suck Kanye!!! Go cry me a _!+%!$!&)#`&%%(& ing river you $*#^~+&`$+(&_&( wipe!!!

10. s2ajwalk says:

Ice T hasn’t said anything we weren’t already thinking. Soulja Boy’s music is garbage. This is what happens when an art becomes diluted. Soulja Boy is what I call commercial hip hop. He has nothing to say, but has a catchy beat. He was created by record executives to capitalize on the rap cracker jack market. Everything in a hip hop label aint hip hop. Soulja boy’s music is dog crap with a hip hop label. But don’t just single him out, there’s alot of crap going around. Lets just create another category for music. Lets create the “cracker jack” category; so we can stop putting everything with baseline and rhymes in the Hip Hop stacks. I think Kanye just felt sorry for Soulja Boy.

11. J.Hood says:

Soulja boy Sucks!!! one hit wonder +%`_%_!^!*#*)@#^ Kanye for going on soulja boys side 2

12. Thomas says:

Hasn’t any realized how ingnorant Kanye West is? He showed up like 4 hours late for a concert and never even apologized to fans waiting till 4 in the morning! Not only that, but he didn’t even come from the “hood” he grew up with an English professor for a mother in a middle class lifestyle! So what does he know about people from the streets?! I liked his “Jesus Walks” song, but if he really stuck by his words he wouldn’t be spitting out this vulgar, __(#`)+%&)%#+#++^% ed waste of writing. He should try a lot harder to make his mother proud, that’s it.

13. Essie Rerun berry says:

Kanye West-Young Soulja Boy and Ice T can’t we all get an understanding and get along(spititout1@yahoo.com)Essie Rerun Berry, There is a positive change going on in America and it goes beyond a rap war.Spit that Out

14. md says:

Kanye you are the weakest mc in the game i have no idea what jay-z and damon was thinking when they put this guy in the game, of course he would think soulja boy was a good mc look at some of the garbage he has out. i’m from chicago and i don’t see how they looked over bump j and some of the real mc’s coming out of chicago instead we get this dude. As far as soulja boy goes his music speaks for itself. ice t is a legend, one of the greats this little can’t even come close bow to a great young man and except defeat.

15. ThaCahhter says:

Say what you want about Kanye, but just look at tha type of music he drops, and then judge him. He right hip-hop is about evolving and that’s all he really saying; he just want people to let these young dudes eat because it is they day; but he ain’t stupid, you don’t see no “Superman’ a** songs from Kanye, lets be real…sometimes you gotta read between tha lines; he happy soulja boy is doing his thing, but he ain’t gon do no music like him because he ain’t no one hit wonder. Go back to your early 90′s and late 80′s and look at all your one hit wonders, they were just as hot as Soulja Boy is and their songs are just as hot even if you play them right now, but they ain’t got nothing else, and it was hip-hop back then, so why not now…prime example……..Rob Base-”It takes two”

2 fingers…PEACE

16. marcibaby says:

thta s rite kanye tell that +*+`_^&`#“*&+%) nigga! ice t old !#!$~)^*`(^^)($ is clearly played the fucc out and niggaz don stepped they game up to green tea ok! so fall tha fucc off soulja boi rite now cuz he cloccn moe doe than u rite now anyway!!!! sheit soulja boi got plenty of fans nigga u jus 1 hata like tha nu song hi hata hi hata!

17. Cool Daddy P says:

Let’s put this in perspective…in the Hip hop/ Rap genre you have different styles. You have the Pop sound in which you could classify SBT in and you have that Hip Hop for real heads. there’s room for both. Ice was wrong for the dis but entitled to his opinion. I came up in Ice’s day and I remember him defending Hammer, now Hammer spawned SB so do the math. And as fas as Kayne goes, they classified him as the number one MC. But ask real heads and see where is ranking would be…to each its own. Let’s respect that.

18. bridge says:

i think that the whole “beef” controversy is ridiculous. I mean, i think that hip hop in general has diminished a great amount, however, i also feel that Soulja Boy has fame based on ignorance. Now don’t get it twisted i gave him a fare chance and he just doesn’t do it for me…more then half the songs on his album said absolutly nothing..just bull…..on top of more bull…
    and as for mr.west questionable comment that soulja boy is right up there with NAS… well that in it self is utter madness!!!..I mean come on Kanye..really??? sampling has been around since rap began but forget about the beat ,,,correct me if i’m wrong but isn’t rap supposed to be some what of a poetic justice??? where the words have a meaning and mean something…i’m sure mr.west can relate.. because he too has made some incredible music …music that means something..soulja boy in my opinion just as not proven himself to be one of the greats. and as for Ice T theres just not much to say..i think what he said was correct …i just don’t think he went about it in the right way. him being the elder in the situation he should have had more respect for himself and for others like his son who felt comfortable using profanity on camera toward Soulja boy..So sad..

19. alejandra says:

I HAVE 2 GO W/ SOULJA BOY HE’S LYRICS ARE DOPE NO OFFENSE 2 ICE-T I RESPECT U BUT U CANT DIS SOULJA BOY I LUV HIM -N- HES REALLY CRAZY IN A GOOD WAY GET DAT MONEY SOULJA BOY $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ LUV U DONT LET DIS GET U DOWN

20. oktagon says:

Dude is wack, Ice got a point but he didnt have to say what he said… Mr west, please dont compare dude with Nas…. Please. You kinda lost some points with me. And Im From Chicago. You rep’in us like we dont know what hip hop iz….

21. cashvlle says:

kanye needs to shut da f*** up he acts like he is gay. he was here in tenakey and all the white people booed his $_~*$!“@`$$&(`

22. babygurl says:

dude hez right
    kanye west is tha &~%~*~)%&^`@@__+ nd he knowz wat tha hell hez talken
    about
    unlike
    yall
    so shut tha $@$(#_&+`&_^%*!^ up peoplez

23. PhatLadySweets says:

I agree with everyone that thinks that Kanye is a piece of `*@(+)#)!!`&`%*+ and that he should have kept his mouth shut. Kanye samples beats, hell if he wouldn’t have sampled beats I’m pretty sure he would still be a wannabe. SouljaBoy is wack and so is Kanye, thats probably why he ran to his defense. All in all I say, if I don’t hear anything from them 2 for the rest of the year I won’t be mad …. Actually I would be real happy.

Oh yeah to Ice-T, I love you in Law & Order: SVU; also if you want things to change in the music business than maybe you should write or produce some new hits :)

24. ILOVEKANYEANDSOULJABOY 4SHO=] says:

DANG U GUYZ WONT STOP HATEIN FIRST IT WAZ SOULJA BOY NOW KANYE WEST

DUDE KANYE IZ THA SHIZ-NIT JUST LIKE SOULJA BOY

KANYE WEST IZ RITE THERE ANIT NO RULES

ICE T IZ THA ONE U SHOULD BE TALKIN MESS ABOUT
    WAIT A MIN. I CHANGE MA MIND JUST STOP TALKIN MESS

U GUYZ THAT ARE READIN DIZ AND DISAGREE

NEED 2 STOP REALLY COME ON DIZ ANIT GUNNA CHANGE ANYTHING

I BET IF U SEEN HIM IN PERSON U WOULDNT EVEN TRY 2 TALK MESS

U WOULD BE KISSIN HIZ BOOTY

DATZ 2FACED

I LOVE KANYE WEST ND SOULJA BOY
    THERE THA BEST

ICE T DONE LOST MA RESPECT

KEEP UP THA GOOD WORK DONT LET THESE PEOPLE PUT U DOWN DONT EVEN LET IT GO 2 UR HEAD KEEP UR HEAD UP =]

LOVE U AND UR MUSIC

=]

MUCHO MUCHO LOL
    ^__^ HAHA

25. Reezie says:

Don’t get me wrong…I don’t care for Soulja Boy’s music…it’s for 18 and younger…but it still hip-hop. There are different types of hip-hop and for hip-hop to stay alive it must evolve. Jay-Z didn’t sound like Big Daddy Kane for a reason…no one wants to hear the same )$@^$~~##^%*~!*# over and over again. This new and younger crowd do consider it hip-hop. Stop killing hip-hop by saying its dead. It’s evolving so deal with it…consider it creative destruction….Wikipedia that (&(*&@+#~__)+`@)^

26. C.B. Jugganot says:

Ice-T was right… (kinda)
    SBT was right… (kinda)
    Kanye needs to STFU.

Ice was right in saying what he had to say, it’s nothing new. He’s just the first to call someone out. Maybe this whole thing should be squashed and Ice can tutor Soulja an hour a day after school. Get his hip-hop grade up.
    Soulja was right. He’s just trying to eat. I’m glad he has a house. I don’t.
    Kanye has no clue what he’s talking albout. I like to hate on the next like anyone else, but now he’s just fanning the flames. I think he’s been hanging around Fiddy too much.

What Ice-T should have addressed is how the record labels, not the artists, should be held accountable for the quality of the music we’re getting. Soulja couldn’t have made it this far without a whole bunch of suits behind him. These people don’t know hip-hop, and just like the artists coming up they’re just trying to get money… while it’s still profitable. I’m still p!ss3d real hip-hop hasn’t hit the mainstream but maybe it wouldn’t be real if you didn’t have to go digging through the crates anymore.

Let’s also remember hip-hop is young. Back in Ice’s Age, there were no old @ss n!99@5. Let him do what elders do… remind you why you suck and they don’t.

27. Ms. Tee says:

West is acting like 50 cent, i like most of his music,west is fronting.

28. mjmdotcom says:

haha sided huh? thats like having corky the &`$@*)(*+*~$##@%+) ed one armed blind kid having your back. one question though how long before he starts crying and complaining the argument isnt about him, or how it should be about him, freaking crybaby has been, get over yourself Kane the rest of us have.
    at least you can still be on “where are they now”

29. tiffany says:

soulja boy music is not garbage. I’m so sick of rappers all the take about is drugs, _~$)_$)$+!&)*@^%% es and money. Soulja boy don’t talk about that in his music and that’s why i love him.

30. turtles88 says:

# s2ajwalk Says:
    June 23rd, 2008 at 8:48 pm

COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU!!!!

31. esters says:

umm tiffany…soulja boy doesn’t talk about drugs? but he talks about supermanning a hoe? and you think that thats ok? do you even know what that means? wow…im speechless at the knowledge that you board people have….you guys are ridiculous.

32. Uncontainable Spirit says:

Soulja Boy is GARBAGE! I’m tripping off people even giving this cat credence. Besides… this is ICE-T. trust me… Soulja Boy wouldn’t even be around were it not for Ice-T… What is his song? Superman? What else? Huh? What the `()(`()~_!$^$@$% else? I’ll tell you… not a damn thing. Mind you Ice-T should not have said ‘eat a @)!_!()(&~_$^_^~ that was wrong… but what he said about his music was absolutely on point. GARBAGE! This dude is 17 years old. Where will he be when he’s 20? Huh? Tell me where? Probably trying to go college somewhere. Probably not. I’gnant #&+)%+&+)^^_`!( Remember Skee-Lo? Where is he? Remember Kriss Kross? Where are they? Remember Ahmad? Where is he? What he should have done was took what Ice-T said… not publicly challenged it, and tried to contact Ice-T. Because Ice-T has been where you are. he took a career in rap… a successful career at that… and turned it into a successful acting career. Let’s see you do that you i’gnant bastid. Look at Bow-Wow… you know why he is still successful? Because he LISTENED to old G’s like J.D. and Snoop…

Enjoy your 15 minutes Soulja Boy.

33. Fabe says:

Yeah, whatever. West is just as **_^_$^(%($~~+)% ty as Soulja Boy is. They can share plates at the “eat a +$^&!_*`+$#%~$#( buffet.

34. dhawk says:

I feel Soulja BOy on why he is doing what he does…but his +&+^)(_$~@@`*^#! is GArbage!!!!!!!!!
    Yeah get your money and what not but music aint about money, its about meaning something a message. And really soulja boy and a lot of these WACK %^~*~%#)!!_^^_@ rappers aint doin it.
    There is no new age or old age, HIp-Hop is Hip-Hop it dont change as time goes on. Keep this +&+^)(_$~@@`*^#! real, bump the Lupe, Nas, Roots, Common, Lauryn HIll, the underground cats, bumb the +&+^)(_$~@@`*^#! that means something. Stop gloryfying these niggas thats rapping about fantasy +&+^)(_$~@@`*^#! and lives they never lived, its fake and its WAACK!!!!!!

35. Brittany says:

Soulja Boy DidNot Kill Hip Hop Ice T Iz Just Jealous B/c Soulja Boy Iz Hott And Your Old Tail Ain’t!

Holla At MeIf YouWanna!!

36. Brittany says:

By THE Way All Ya’ll Iz Iz Haters ANd Soulja BoyIz A Good Rapper And Ice T Shouldn’t Diss Soulja BOy CauseHe Didn’t Do S**** TO Him Ice Iz Just Looking For A Fight And Ice T Needs TO Appoligise And SO Does Soulja Boy!! But That Is My Opionion And Ya’ll Can Hate Like THat Song HI HAter You See Me?

37. nina bee says:

i think that so too cause ice t is a grown $(!+($#*$!+~+!) man to compaere to soulja boy but anny way how yall doin wit soulja boy sexy $(!+($#*$!+~+!) tell him to call me so i can make it juicy fore him yoooooooooooooooooooou can call my tt ya dig 612-886-3745………..sexy nina 1 gotta kno dat.

38. nina bee says:

i think that so too cause ice t is a grown ^*+_&!$+))$%~#^ man to compare to soulja boy but anny way how yall doin wit soulja boy sexy ^*+_&!$+))$%~#^ tell him to call me so i can make it juicy fore him yoooooooooooooooooooou can call my tt ya dig 612-886-3745………..sexy nina 1 gotta kno dat.

39. gideon tetteh says:

word up brethren,

takebthis stuff from me that the old must let the young be.

i go by the name ice t(nicky) because ice t was my fund way back and still will be and i think he,ice t needa stay low and allow the young ones to spit there rhymes.

they had their way and it’s now the turn of these younger ones.

anyway,the young ones needa learn something that in africa no matter the reason you got you can’t diss an elderly one.it’s a fact.afican americans are african no matter what and no doubt.

i pray that soulja boy stay calm and down to earth without responding to whatever ice t’ gon do.thnx bro.i think you got fire to spit.keep it up,dear boy.

40. MZ.NAYNAY says:

ICE T NEED 2 GET A LIFE CUZ DIS AINT 1996 ANY MO DIS 2009 N*GGA SO LEAVE SOUIJ BOI LIFE ALONE AND FIND U A NEW PERSON 2 BEEF WIT?????? KAYNE U IZ RITE SOUIJ BOI IZ THA MEANIN OF HIP HOP!!!!!!!!!!!!

41. Nunu says:

ICE T NEED 2 GET A LIFE ITS OVER 4 U ICE T SOOO STAY OUT SBEEZY LYFE AND GET OVER IT. THIS AINT 1920 ITS 09 BABII SO HOW ABOUT GETTING A LUFE AND MOVIN ON 2 SOMEONELSE 4 A CHANGE U HEARD me

42. Drew U says:

its not a right or wrong thing ppl. yes ice reserves his right to comment. hes been around for a real long time. but in the end its just another opinion. who dont got haters/fans? however soulja has made a new kinda music. the rhymes arent the greatest but it is catchy and FUN i.e what music should be about to the people who make it. someone said if u dont like it dont listen to it. true cause some ppl wanna think an some wanna dance. nothin wrong w that. theyre 2 different kindsa music. MUSIC IS AN OPINION. anyone who ignores opinions is ignorant.

43. love says:

Kanye is right about what he’s saying