Jay-Z Defends Kanye, Blasts Oasis

Jay-Z jumped to defend pal Kanye West after Amy Winehouse’s wacky performance at the Glastonberry Festival in London where she called the “Stronger” singer a c—t. Amy improvised the lyrics of her song “Some Unholy War” to say, “At least I’m not opening for a c–t like Kanye.” It’s moments like these that make live performances so fabulous!

Jay-Z told MTV,

“I don’t agree with it. [Kanye’s] my brother and the biggest artist on Roc-A-Fella right now. … I guess I should hook them up, because he’s a great guy, too. I don’t know what the problem is. I don’t know where that came from.”

Of course, never one to let others steal the spotlight, the Jiggaman participated in his own musical feud with Oasis guitarist Noel Gallagher, by performing his own rendition of Oasis’ “Wonderwall” complete with a guitar strapped to his shoulder. Gallagher had criticized Jay as headliner of the traditionally rock-based festival, telling the BBC,

“If it ain’t broke don’t fix it. I’m sorry, but Jay-Z? No chance. Glastonbury has a tradition of guitar music. I’m not having hip-hop at Glastonbury. It’s wrong.”

Jay told MTV Base of his on-stage response,

“I have a sense of humor like a Brit, so I thought people would appreciate that. Noel Gallagher was one of the biggest detractors, so I figured that was a cool way to start the show.”

Celebrities using the media to blast each other is so out; on-stage disses are the new way to play the celebrity feud game.

1. Charsla Garrett says:

whattttt

2. BOOBOO says:

noel must not know jay is a legnd, he is the richest mc . he can do anything and it will sound good

3. change it up says:

Jay-Z made a fool of himself by TRYING to sing the Oasis song. He couldn’t carry a tune in a bucket and he sucks.

Amy Winehouse is a drunk, drugged out, no talent piece of garbage who will be washed up or dead within 5 years.

Kanye West’s head will eventually explode from the ego.

4. smitty says:

she’s a crackhead and they say any thing when they on it.

5. Skye says:

Amy shouldn’t talk while she’s trying to sound like a big black woman in her songs. Hello Amy, the R & B industry called and don’t want you to represent them any more. Amy, take your fake version of blues(real blues are sung by real black women not fakes that try to sound black) and smoke with your crack. Are people waiting to see her fall, so they can say she not talented, but a drunk w/a record deal.

6. lady chic says:

non of these artist even compare to oneanother. and i will never b a fan of kanye cause he is a TERD MUNCHER!

7. DJSERENIT says:

AMY WINE I THINK TRYNA TAKE THE HEAT OFF HER SHE DONT HAVE THE RIGHT TO SAY ANYTHING ABOUT KANYE WEST HE IS ONE OF THE BEST RAPPERS OUT THERE IN THE GAME RI NOW IM FROM THE MIDWEST IL TO BE EXACT AND WE DONT LET NADA SLID SO IM SURE SHE GOT SUMIN COMIN ON A MIX TAPE OR ALBUM BIG UP TO JAY FOR HOLDN IT DOWN ITS THE ROC FOR LIFE AYE IF U READ THIS JAY OR KANYE IM A ARTIST MYSELF BEEN DOIN IT SINCE I WAS EIGHT ONE OF A KIND IM READY U CAN HIT ME UP ON EMAIL BY THIS NAME

8. sally says:

black handsome. I found a club called Blackwhitemeet.com where many black and white singles seek their love there.

9. RandomBeauty says:

jay-z mkay, i dont kno who amy whinehouse is, and kanye…”ima king now, ma opinion counts” no it dont. yuh brag how yuh jus da BEST rapper and how yuh jus so good. not 2 hate, but i think dats annoyin how yuh jus brag like dat.

10. cevinone says:

45 yr old CAMEL JOE and “YE” [ LOCK JAW ] gettin dissed in europe by a crack head and drunk musican….this is so pathetic whats next????? The sad part is they all need each other. Next week they’ll all do a show a together in another country and be on stage and have no problem with each other…….The ego, The old man who wont leave, The junkie and The burnt out rock and roll dude…………the only one thats missing is the HULK HOGANS nasty !$@~+!$)#(()!~& 55 yr old wife and her nineteen yr old boyfriend………A BO-BO or BOOO whatever your silly !$@~+!$)#(()!~& name is when your pumping gas into your car do you really care how much money CAMEL JOE has……….I didnt think so and SKYE singers like AMY CRACKHOUSE come and go and in about a year or two she’ll be a vh-1 special you know the what happened to AMY kind of special so be on tha look out for that……..

11. Caimile says:

Okay, I agree that Kanye is an egotistical son-of-a-gun, and Amy’s got issues: but what Noel said was uncalled for. I, like so many people I know, love all genres of music. Jay Z has collaborated with artists from different genres, including rock, pop, r and b, and even country. Oh, to “change it up”: he wasn’t TRYING to sing at all. He didn’t even know some of the words. The whole POINT was to make it look ridiculous to mock Oasis. If Jay did a good job it would have been pointless.

12. Caimile says:

Oops, forgot: um, Skye, please don’t make this about black and white. Amy’s got an incredible voice and real talent. She takes whatever she does and makes it her own. If you’re black you just insulted your own race by stereotyping. Good job. ;)

13. Supreme says:

who ever is “RandomBeauty” is obviously an idoit. You first have no grammer skills and then you choose to critic those who actually have made something of themselves. I am guessing you’ve never faced adversity on a scale like that. In the Music biz if you show that you even have a semi-weakness its exploited beyond belief. So why ridicule all the hardwork you’ve accomplished by just being modest. No one was modest to you when you started and just wanted your beats and didn’t give a fusk if you rapped or not. throw me a beat and maybe i throw you in a interlude… No its yo get on my track and i’ll throw a extra 40k for that beat. i give all the (^_^^@~@^*^%*%~% talkers props.. you’ve worked hard to (^_^^@~@^*^%*%~% on the people you have!!! Keep it going!

14. grace says:

Well i saw the video. and i can tell u that people sang much more the oasis cover than the actual songs of Jay Z. so i guess still people know more oasis than Jay Z on the UK

15. MP3Million says:

I just couldnt leave your website before letting you know that we really enjoyed the useful information you offer to your visitors… Will be back often to check up on new posts