Update: We are no longer accepting pictures for our You Are WHO sweepstakes. Thank you.
Sure, lots of us wind up playing air guitar when a great song comes on the radio. And for an instant or so, maybe we even think we are that rocker. Well, to celebrate this year’s Rock Honors show, we’ve come up with another way to pretend you’re a star. We’re offering everyone a chance to immortalize themselves by becoming Pete Townshend and Roger Daltrey for awhile.
Our You Are WHO sweepstakes provides all its participants with masks of the band’s leaders. We want you to get creative by taking pictures of yourself in wild situations while you’re wearing ‘em. You could be cooking burgers, water-skiing, or sky-diving – doesn’t really matter to us. We want to see your most fun (meaning odd, cool, bizarre, or memorable) photos. Two winners will be randomly chosen from all entries and will take home a new version of Rock Band and enough points to download a bundle of Who songs being released on July 15th. (Sorry Wii players, the bundle is only for XBOX 360 and Playstation 3.)
There are two categories: “group” photos and “solo” photos. Grab some pals, or go it alone. We’re looking for some crazy scenarios that will help evoke the spirit of the band’s impact on modern music. The ones we like best will be shown to the world in a photo gallery on the VH1 blog. Make a statement!
More specific rules and directions after the jump …
Follow these five steps to enter:
(3) Take a photograph of yourself or with a group of friends wearing and/or using one of the WHO Masks in your best, most unique, entertaining way. The photo entry must be in an acceptable format supported by the MTVN Web Sites and must not exceed 200k in size. (Acceptable formats are: gif, jpg, and png)
(4) Attach your photo entry to an email message along with the following items in the body of the email:
- the name/names of the people in the photograph
- your telephone number
- the title of your Photo Entry
(5) Send to email@example.com
Check out our gallery for inspiration: