Rock Honors: Watch the Entire Show!

Last night was our 2008 tribute to the Who, and it rocked. Oh…you didn’t watch it? Busy doing laundry or listening to Coldplay? Well save whatever lame excuses you have to offer, and start thanking us, because we’ve got every performance from last night’s show right here. Just click on the above video to watch Rainn Wilson‘s “special” “Pinball Wizard” tribute, performances from Tenacious D, Foo Fighters, Incubus and Pearl Jam, and of course, the rock icons themselves the Who. No need to thank us. Just watch.

1. Johnson says:

This is gunna be awesome….I can’t wait. In the mean time I guess I’ll just have to be entertained by the stuff at http://www.digitalfuntown.com/homepage.php.

2. jessica says:

Honoring The Who is great and all, But honoring Led Zepplin is what Vh1 needs to do! Led Zepplin IS the greatest band ever. I wish I knew an e-mail address or something, so I could contact Vh1 and suggest a tribute to Led Zepplin.If anyone knows how pls let me know so I could e-mail them everyday until they agree to do so :)

3. Allison says:

I was blown away by last night’s concert!! Of all the cover acts, I thought Pearl Jam really did an awesome job. Eddie Vedder out Daltreyed-Daltrey as far as the screams go and the phrasing was perfect. Also, I really enjoyed Adam Sandler’s intro for the Who … I almost forgot he’s a musician as well …

I loved the Who’s set, except the last acoustic song which was unfamiliar to me and seemed a bit too sad, kind of brought everyone down … Pete’s high energy was really a pleasant surprise, he seemed just about his usual outrageous self … Roger’s vocals were hit and miss but that’s always been the way, even back in the 70s …

If one thing could have been different, I think a female should have had a shot at covering some Who tune, why not Joan Jett, I mean the Who has influenced us too!!

All in all, I liked it better than last year’s but I’m a 30 year who fanatic!!

I’m hoping for Alice Cooper in the near future, of course Zeppelin would be nice, why not Aerosmith, they’be been around 35 years, Moody Blues, other iconic 60s rockers, Peter Frampton?
    of course it’s hard to narrow it down. But thanks again for a great and emotional night!

4. Jerry says:

I’m a huge Who fan and saw them live in ’72 at the Beacon Theatre in Boston. I was extremely dissapointed with the quality of the bands attempting this material. I was shocked at the out-of-tune singing, bad guitar playing and ridiculous attempt at playing Keith Moon’s drum parts by most. Better go home and practice guys. What a joke!!!!!

5. mark says:

The production value was a joke!!!!! Next time you might want to try to light for the cameras not the audience. Not sure who the Lighting designer was but he/she should know better. I’m glad The Who received this honor they deserve it. TO BAD THE PRODUCTION WAS S–T!!!!!!

6. The Seeker says:

Still want to know where to find the videos that were not shown on the show. I was telling all my friends about the songs we saw.

The show was awesome, but come on VH1 show it all to us.

7. Crispie says:

Jack Black f*cked up “Squeeze Box”. What a f*cking IDIOT!!!!!!!

8. Floyd says:

Zep’s already been honored.

9. Hippie Gypsy says:

I’ve been a diehard Who fan for over 30 years. I’ve seen the Who live numerous times & I really thought the show captured the raw immediacy a live Who concert. Pearl Jam, Incubus, Flaming Lips, etc. brought their own life to our beloved Who songs & the celebrity fan interviews were appropriately reverential. When Pete & Roger finally took the stage, I couldn’t help but jump up & dance around the living room like I was 18 again, pumping the air with my fist. A beautifully passionate show that the Who totally deserved & more. Thanks for replaying it – I’ve rewatched it several times along with the wonderful documentary on the Who that’s been playing all week.

Long Live The Who!!!!!

10. leah says:

Question- I missed Sean Penns comment, something to the affect of one of the bands selling out, a real smart @%!#&&)`^#`_^#~ comment. Does anyone know for sure? Good show, great band. I saw them in DC many years ago and they were unreal.

11. fivecents says:

Can’t believe you guys cut out Won’t Get Fooled Again. One of their signature songs and you decide to chop it. What a bunch of crap. VH1 is probably putting a dvd together and think you can bleed us for some money. Sorry, ain’t gonna happen. Will catch them live on their Fall tour.

12. Franks Basement says:

As a cover band from the Pacific Northwest we covered lots of rock acts in the past. Not all of us are great Pearl Jam fans, but they stole the show! Eddy Vedder performed probably the best preformance of his life.
    Love Reign o’re me is probably one of the hardest rock songs to perform and his preformance was stellar. The whole show was excellent, but thier performance was far and above every other act.
    Rock ON Pearl Jam!!!!!!! :)
    Faithful admirers~ Franks Basement

13. Jared-1 says:

What was the name of the acoustic song at the end?? it as a wee bit sad but i liked it lol

14. Kelley says:

The televised show was outstanding and I agree with Frank Basement regarding the superiority of Pearl Jam’s performance and Eddie Vedder’s performance in particular.

I would like to purchase a DVD of the show – when will VH1 be making one available???

15. steve says:

Is this available on DVD?

I saw it recorded it in HD and forgot to save.

I did not see the whole sow but the covers of Real Me and Summer Time Blues rocked! Hard

I saw them lots of time, the 1st in 77. Never saw such good covers.