Poprah Keeps It Real – Episode 5

Once again, we present the always-outspoken Poprah’s take on the latest episode of I Want To Work for Diddy. Below, she discusses the what it was like to work closely with Mama Combs, Boris’ value to his team and why the no-elimination twist of this week’s episode left her feeling bamboozled.

Can you say “shocked”? Because that’s the first word that came to my mind when I watched this episode, but for more reasons than you might imagine. There’s so much that you guys didn’t see, that I don’t even know where to start. On top of that, I was really shocked and actually angry that no one from the Downtown team went home even though “we” won the challenge. But we’ll come back to that!

Okay, as you know, we were assigned to assist Diddy’s mom, Mama Combs. And needless to say I knew this would be a challenge, because people don’t play when it comes to their “mama” no matter who they are, celebrity or not. So I knew I was taking a big risk volunteering to be the point person. But I did it for several reasons, one of which most people may never understand. Of course I felt that since I’ve worked with so many celebrities, I wouldn’t be star struck, nor intimidated by her, and as you can see on this episode, I was really calm the whole time, especially in front of Mama Combs. Unlike the other team who was all over Kim Porter likes some freaking groupies, and that’s why they lost. That’s probably why Mama Combs made the comment, that I wasn’t aggressive enough. That’s the last thing I wanted her to see, aggression, because I didn’t want to offend her, or have her misunderstand my aggressive side, as has been the case throughout this experience. Who would have ever expected to hear, “Kim is not aggressive enough”? I almost hit the floor when I heard that, since I didn’t know she said that until I watched the show. But I’m still glad she said it, because I think the opposite response would have been worse. I can pull back people, and I do, for people I respect.

Anyway, I actually cried when I asked if I could assist her, which Laverne thought was being over-dramatic. But what Laverne, “the transformer” doesn’t understand is, that I’ve lived without either of my parents since age 16 and sometimes I reach out to other people’s parents or just older people I meet because I need that. My parents never got to see me have hit records, be on my own tv shows, live in my own 7000 sq ft. mansion in a gated country club, none of it. And I just really felt that sharing her moment, honoring Diddy, somehow was like me living that experience, a mother’s pride, vicariously through Diddy. I chatted with Mama Combs extensively as we road around LA in the limo, shopping, and as she told me how proud she was of Diddy, it was hard to keep back the tears, I know she knew it was emotional for me after I told her my story and I think she understood why. So “F-U” Laverne, or your assumption that it wasn’t real. Just because you fake drama for tv and your life is a farce, doesn’t mean other people aren’t real.

The other thing you guys may not know is, that when I agreed that we would find Mama Combs a Southern breakfast, I felt confident we could because L.A. has a place called Roscoe’s Chicken & Waffles that specializes in southern food. You know I know where to eat, if I don’t know anything else, so there was no reason we couldn’t accommodate her. The fact is that my teammates didn’t go get what she wanted. Laverne failed to iron her clothes properly, which was the first time she got really mad, and then Red and Suzanne didn’t find the things she wanted from the drug store which she requested in a specific color. She probably thought I should have been harder on them as her representative, for failing to deliver what she requested, but I was trying not to belittle my team and be accused of not being a team player. So as they say, damned if you do, damned if you don’t. I was required to stay with her the whole time, so I had to depend on my team.

But by the end of the day, I catered to her hand and foot. I did things for her I don’t even do for myself. I don’t clean hotel rooms, set tables, wash dishes, shop for other people (unless I’m buying them a gift), cut up fruit, cut up soles to go in someone’s shoes and touch their feet over and over to size them for the right fit, and let them talk to me like a Hebrew slave at the same time.

I was truly the most humbled I’ve ever been, and it was the hardest thing I’ve ever done, biting my lip and just saying, “OK, yes ma’am” to a total stranger. All my friends and associates are calling me like, “I can’t believe you did that stuff for her, you must really want that job.” I guess I really must, cuz that was only a taste of what I’d have to do for Diddy.

When we found out at dinner we had won, I felt it was well deserved, for our team, of course, but for me especially, because I broke through some walls on this one. I was really disappointed that they didn’t show you guys all we did for her, but its TV, ya know?

As far as Downtown goes, it was nice to see more of the façade broken down about their team. Number one, Mike is definitely a hype man, and really doesn’t have solid business skills to back it up. Boris did the negotiating and the thinking, that’s probably why he and I are cool to this day. He thinks on his feet and we both have more industry experience than anyone else on the show. He defends himself well too, and just calls it like it is. Other people don’t like that because they don’t want to hear the truth.

Speaking of truth, Mike and Kendra definitely had a personal relationship brewing. She made his plates, cut his sandwiches for him like a baby, and he defended her no matter what; and it affected his business decisions and vice versa. So I have to agree with Boris on that. Mike was definitely intimidated by Boris’ resourcefulness, and never wants to be wrong. Did you hear him, “Oh, Boris namedropped to get stuff, I could have done that”? But he didn’t. And even when he complimented Boris, it was resentful, even Stephanie recognized this. Mike bragged about his solid, long-time committed relationship with his girlfriend the whole show, but he messed around with Kendra the whole time, even slept in the bed with her. I can’t say they screwed, but what they did do wouldn’t be cool with his girlfriend or any girl, for that matter. And no, I’m not hating on the player, but don’t go around being judgmental about everyone else’s character and values when you are a hypocrite, that’s all I’m saying. Mike is a good servant, a kiss-ass, anything that requires thought, negotiation, business acumen he fails, and hates on anyone who is what he’s not, like me and Boris. It is what it is.

Lastly, the ultimate shocker took place after we won. Yes, we (me, Red, and Laverne) went to Diddy’s incredible Hollywood Celebration for his star on the walk fame. It was star-studded, all the way. For me it was like a family reunion, I ran into so many people I knew already in the business but had not seen in a while, and even met some others. I saw Ryan Seacrest, Suzanne Depasse, Billy Dee Williams, Randy Jackson, Sanaa Lathan, Nia Long, Russell Simmons, too many to name. I even met Terrence Howard who is one of my favorite actors (a master of nonverbal communication) and God, he is soooo fine.

But the next day, when they brought the Downtown team to our suite, and all the same people were still on their team though they had just gone to elimination, I was livid. I almost quit the show. I felt so cheated, deceived, used, and just bamboozled. How could they lose the freaking challenge, we win fair and square, and they get a free pass because Diddy says he want to keep the whole weekend in a celebratory mood? Bulls***! Uptown would have been celebrating getting another one of their members sent home. That was so unfair, and I don’t think for a second, Diddy really would have celebrated any less because one of them went home. This was a horrible reminder to me how life can be so unfair, but I survived my other travesties so I just decided to endure this one too, but I really had some second thoughts, Is it really worth it? I guess we’ll see, won’t we?

See ya next week, still your girl,

Poprah

Become one of my MySpace friends. And buy my damn single, (pleaasseee), It’s only 99 cents, I know I give you guys at least that much entertainment at my own expense, right? :) Cough up the mula people, the song’s hot, I think!

www.Poprah.net
www.myspace.com/kimakapoprah
Poprah @ FamousVH1Friends.com

I Want To Work for Diddy show page
I Want To Work for Diddy videos and extras

1. JANELLE says:

Poprah please keep your mouth shut. you promised thing to diddy mother and didnt come throw. And stop setting people up to fail so you can look good because what the fan see on T.V is not pretty.

2. Whitney says:

Poprah, I am right there feeling everything that you are saying. I know that the reality shows dont show everything, that’s why I get on the internet to find the real scoop. I was appalled when they didnt eliminate anyone. i understand that Diddy wanted it to be a good weekend, however this is business and the Uptown team has been losing players consistently. Now when it’s time for the Downtown team to make some cuts then it’s a no go! Boris should have been gone. We trust Diiddy and know that he knows what he is doing.

I am rooting for you girl! I know you are going to make it to the top because you are strong and determined! Continue to speak your mind, America Loves It! I’m going to check you out on myspace, keep it up girl! God Bless & VOTE OBAMA!

xoxo Whitney Ro

3. MDL says:

Baby, I would have slapped her phony eye and hair wearing behind. She is a snake and so is her son. I commend you girl for staying in their. That lady has never had any class, any women as black as her should not wear blond hair. since I have known them. Girl you have so much to learn about your boss, you seem to be able to talk about the other contestants and their backround. But do you know your boss is NOT FROM HARLEM. HE IS FROM MOUNT VERNON, NY (914) AREA CODE. HE DID NOT GROW UP IN HARLEM. So all that from HARELM TO HOLLYWOOD CRAP IS GARBAGE. Also he never paid his debt for the City College Stampeed, or better yet, why has Danity Kane not received a Royalty checks, or why is Shine behind bars, or why he snaked groovy Lou create Sean John. He is a snake in the Grass. You are too talented to work for such a snake. Good Luck

4. Amber says:

what does poprah even mean??

5. ATLShawwwwty!!! says:

YOU GO GIRL! I DIDN’T LIKE THE WAY YOU REPRESENTED ON THE SHOW (You are venomous at times), BUT I AIN’T MAD AT A SISTAH ‘BOUT HER HUSTLE. KEEP DOING YOU, MUCH SUCCESS AND MANY BLESSINGS.

6. sue says:

Believe it or not, i’m rooting for you Poprah. You’ve persevered . I have deep admiration for your struggle. You’ve pulled yourself up and put yourself through school, and did not let your lack of parentage keep you down or be used as an excuse to not achieve, which is what too many of us do. You appear to have all the right qualities to be his _`#*!(@(`(!!(+! istant; you are aggressive, which is needed, and you argue like an attorney! I know that you are smart, and will learn a lot as you go along throughout the season. PLEASE BE ABLE TO PUT YOUR EGO ASIDE WHEN NEEDED. PLEASE HEAR AND RESPECT WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING TO YOU, EVEN THOUGH YOU DON”T AGREE WITH THEM. YELLING WILL NOT GAIN RESPECT OR GET OTHERS TO HEAR AND DO FOR YOU, WHICH IS WHAT YOU WILL NEED THEM TO DO WHEN YOU WIN. You have all the right qualities, you just need a few more challenges to learn and fine-comb them. I’m confident you will, good luck!

7. Jesse Cousins says:

i would love to work for boss man diddy. well i perfrom i just had a consert with lodge boyz an im king pope

8. kenny says:

if this a… “Poprah” have to do those thing to get a job with diddy, like setting up that guy, diddy is going to run her so fast, the two bodyguards won’t be able to keep up with her.

9. SONIA says:

I CANT STAND HER SHE THINKS SHE IS ALWAYS RIGHT LITTLE DOES SHE KNOW

10. Marie says:

Travis, Jesse, Kenny, I could barely read or understand what you guys are saying! My goodness, your spelling is terrible! Learn how to write before you start “dissin” everybody! I would be embarrassed to blog !

11. wendy burton says:

I love Kim. She has the determination and experience to be the ONE to work for Diddy. Stop hating on her because you know she is going to win. .

12. Shelley says:

I found it to be very sad that Diddy’s mom and Kim could not even go and get him a gift themselves, they were so worried about be catered to that they don’t even have heart enough to get a gift to the one person that gives everything to them, no wonder why he is such a go-getter, he is surrounded by takers.

13. BIG v says:

Real talk kim is over whight she will have to trim down mental and physical endurance is requierd in diddys camp and the red phone need to be sewed to thair hips

14. Patricia (Trish) says:

Calling Laverne a “transformer” is highly offensive! If I were Diddy I wouldn’t hire Kim to my janitor at Bad Boy!!!!

15. nabiaz says:

I Love this show. Kim is a bully but she really has what it takes to make things happen.

16. LaVerne says:

I really think Puffy has issues for keeping Kim on the show for such a long time. If this is the type person Puffy wants to work for him it’s sad. But to tell you the truth I really think it’s for ratings, I had so much respect for Puffy but after this show I will no longer watch any of his shows.

17. Ashton says:

I look at Kim as being strictly business. She is motivated, deticated, and able to hold her own. Just becuase she’s not a model, that has nothing to do with getting money. Food for thought, If Im not mistaken she has a single on sale for 99 cents. Now if she gets only 5% of the viewers to but that single, what does that make Kim? Im with her all the way.

18. Donnadoes says:

I have watched MTV and VH1 since there birth. I am a 51 yr old woman who has watched Diddy grown up and out.Having said that I also get that some people are kept on shows of this nature for ENTERTAINMENT value.
    I must ask * DIDDY R U HIGH?? * Back away from the funk. I don’t want to ever know you have even considered this woman as a _~^`%&+`&&_%~*% istant let alone * consume any part of all you have worked for.

19. Ashton says:

I look at Kim as being strictly business. She is motivated, dedicated, and able to hold her own. Just because she’s not a model, that has nothing to do with getting money. Food for thought, If I’m not mistaken she has a single on sale for 99 cents. Now if she gets only 5% of the viewers to but that single, what does that make Kim? I’m with her all the way.

20. Ashton says:

I look at Kim as being strictly business. She is motivated, dedicated, and able to hold her own. Just because she’s not a model, that has nothing to do with getting money. Food for thought, If I’m not mistaken she has a single on sale for 99 cents. Now if she gets only 5% of the viewers to buy that single, what does that make Kim? I’m with her all the way.

21. DRC says:

EVERYONE KNOWS U SHOULD HAVE WENT HOME!!!!!!!!! U ARE LOUD, RUDE, AND FAKE!!!!!!!!!! LAVERENE HAS WAY MORE CLASS THAN U, I HOPE U LOSE!!!!!!!!

22. keimo says:

Kim is a joke. If she is truly that driven, then I admire her but she is not. She is loud, obnoxious, bossy, and flat out WRONG half of the time. She wants to be a leader but then when the plan falters, she takes shelter and put the blame on everyone else. IF she is chosen as his @&~+&_+_)((^((^ istant. Whats her plan then. I day get rid of her and let her go her own one.

23. juicylala says:

Kim ,Kim, Kim u are such the manipulator, if Diddy chooses u who will work for him…Everyone hates u and that crying act u put on for the camera…Please save the drama for ur momma…I love Laverne..she should have stayed…And that excuse about being fat,,,lol Youre fat cause u eat too damn much u got asthma cause u fat…How u gonna keep up with Diddy…He doesnt need a ~`+)__`*#~+`)#$+! he needs an +`@)^@(*&`^$$$~ istant someone with compassion who heart doesnt pump PISSS!!!! Diddy please vote that cow off….Shes an opportunist and doesnt have your back she only for self….Her big self lol…

24. FLYSHYT.COM says:

FLYSHYT:

PopRah, you have passion, drive and most of all Heart.
    I understand “I Want To Work For Diddy” is an elimination game but DAGG you burn the bridges before making it across – but you still make it across somehow – You got “Something”!

Diddy’s Team used a word in episode 2, saying your move’s, thought’s and your finale’s as I call’em, up’s are calculated. I AGREE.

My only advice, not that you care, is to STOP chopping the trees down so fast, they WILL fall – it’s you P, “It Was Meant To Be” right?

There was no elimination because I feel your position became that “suspect” once again, everyone was given another opportunity, to wipe you out, and did I miss an episode or have they not shown you “Working Out”, get on that!!!!!

Let them know how serious it T.I.IS!!!! It’s beyond the show now, right? You should be directing and leading the remaining crew, (not that you haven’t been) treat them as if they’re in the building just for a tour.

Do you know:
    The closest/safest exit signs
    Where he does get his food – who delivers, when what where and why, I don’t care
    Best routes to take
    When not to whatever…. Feel me?
    Get right – Get Ahead!

25. PATRICHER says:

poprah,
    I am 57 years young, I am old enough to be your mother. I just want to show you some love. I am looking forward to purchasing your fabulous fashions for my own baby big girl.
    I think U R down to earth and authentic. I’ve always have been a Diddy fan. NOW, I AM A OPRAH FAN.
    PATRICHER

26. KIM HATER says:

Kim,
    I can’t stand you! You are a manipulater and everyone on the show hates you! I so hope that you lose. Your a phony- those fake crocodile tears are so see through. Diddy will never want you to work for him. You are to out of shape to hang with the fast paced life of Sean Combs. That mess you said about being a fatty because you were sick of people wanting to have sex with you…. PLEASE Kim! That’s a whole lot of fat to have gained just to avoid sex- what fool would do such a thing. You just like to eat (Is my opinion). All I can tell you is seek the Lord! Laverne was right- you have issues, demons, the devil all around you and you need to deal with it. Your day is coming! This I do know! So enjoy what time you have left- you will NOT be Sean Combs personal ((@)*+_&@&“*`) istant.

Sincerely,
    The Kim Hater.

I look forward to your final episode on this show I love so much!

27. Courtney F. says:

I hate to be negative but thats all you are. I really dont want to even waste my time on you but someone has to let you know. YOU DON’T HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO WORK FOR DIDDY! I hope they bring Lavern back to take your spot. And answer this for me, are you going to cry every time you get voted down? I mean i just need to know! The act is getting old, and Im pretty sure Diddy is just using you to get the ratings, I mean people do love drama, but at the end of the day Diddy is no fool, so he will either pick mike, step, kendra, or sue.

28. SexyKadie says:

Kim, its time you go home now…gosh!! I am way in Jamaica and I hate you more everytime I watch the show. I will definitely be having a party when you are off this show…you loud, fat, your mouth filty and you full of sweet talk…you are in this for yourself not for Diddy who work so hard, as soon as you make it you gone leave him,..get off the show b*&!@^t!!!!

29. WONA says:

HELLO KIM IAM SO GLAD TO FINALLY SEND YOU A BLOG, I HAVE BEEN WANTING TO LET YOU KNOW THAT WHEN YOU THINK THAT YOU WILL NEVER FALL THERE GOES EVERYTHING CRUMBLING DOWN ON YOU. I MEAN DONT TAKE ME AS ANOTHER BADGER BUT IM JUST PUTTING IT INTO PERSPECTIVE. YOU SAID THAT THE REASON YOU GAINED SO MUCH WEIGHT WAS TO STOP THE MEN IN THE INDUSTRY FROM WANTING TO SLEEP WITH YOU, BUT YET AGAIN YOU POSTED A PICTURE OF YOURSELF SITTING DOWN WITH A PLEATHER OUTFIT ON WITH YOUR LEGS OPEN AND ANOTHER PICTURE WITH A SHOT OF YOUR BEHIND !? I JUST DONT GET IT, THERES NO WAY IN HELL I COULD BELIEVE THAT A WOMAN SO +(*!`@#)_@*_`$(~ Y AND STRONG MINDED AS YOURSELF WOULD LET THIS BE THE REASON. YOU SEE LET ME TELL YOU WHAT I THINK, I BELIEVE YOUR CAREER WASNT GOING ANYWERE AND YOUR WERE STRESSED LETS BE REAL HERE IM HUMAN LIKE YOU ARE. AND THAT WAS THE ONLY THING YOU THOUGHT YOU COULD DO WAS EAT AWAY THE PAIN AND YOU KNOW IM RIGHT SWEETHEART I MEAN WHO CAN GO ON LIVING LIKE THERE LIFE IS SO FLAWLESS WHEN YOU DONT HAVE NOBODY TO FALL BACK ON, YOUR MOTHER IS DEAD AND SO IS YOUR DAD I BELIEVE. WAKE UP BABY, AND IM NOT SAYING THIS TO BE SMART ITS REAL LIFE SO DONT ACT LIKE PEOPLE ONLY NEED YOU WHEN IN ACTUALITY YOU NEED PEOPLE.