Fatal Accident Derails Rock of Love Bus

A crew member from the 51 Minds Entertainment production of the upcoming Rock Of Love Bus series on VH1 was involved in an auto accident on Interstate 57 in southern Illinois on Friday afternoon. The crew member, who is not an associate of Bret Michaels or part of his tour staff, was traveling alone to the next location stop for the series. The accident resulted in two fatalities in one car and injuries to two passengers in another vehicle. The crew member survived and has been released from the hospital. Local authorities continue to investigate.

Bret Michaels has requested that his participation in the production of the series be temporarily suspended in deepest sympathy as he attempts to reach out to the families of the victims. Traveling separately, Mr. Michaels had left Illinois early Friday morning and was not near the scene of the accident.

Michaels, 51 Minds Entertainment and VH1 extend their deepest sympathies to everyone involved in this terrible accident.

“As a father of two, I cannot even imagine what the families must be going through at this time. I will make every attempt to reach out to them to let them know that my heart and prayers are with them during their time of grief,” said Michaels in a statement.

1. Gina says:

I personally knew one of the young ladies killed in this accident and this is a great loss to her family and friends. I hope that this man who was driving never drives for you again and that you don’t use the services of the company that has employed him because their guidelines are policies and procedures are not in the best interest of those that are on the highway too.

2. Gina says:

Also this accident happened Friday evening Sept 26 – why has it taken 4 days for this to be posted on here.

3. Michelle says:

See this pisses me off.. EVERYONE else had this on WHY didnt VH1 put this on their NEWS? Trying to hide something? I sure hope that Bret does the right thing and CANCELES the whole show. This right here goes to show ya, DONT DO IT.

4. christine says:

I am horrified at the little bit of info that VH1 has posted. And that everyone seems to not want to take responsibility for this horrific accident. I have known the family of one of the victims for over 11 yrs. Both of those girls had there lives cut short due to lack of common sense. First off the driver for Bret Michals equiptment that hit their vechicle, should of NEVER been behind the wheel in the first place, since he didnt have a license. Second rule of thumb, there should of been a second person in the truck with him, so he didnt fall asleep.
    I hope that someone at least helps the two familys out with the funerals for these two young ladies. Which I will be attending this evening. My prayers are with both familys at there time of need. and I hope that all of those in the spot light remember no matter who you are, you are still responsible for your actions!

5. Kathleen says:

Christime I am with you WHY in GODS name did it take VH1 SO FN long to get this out to the public? And WHY didn they put in on the back pages? If you didnt know to look for it you would never find it. SHAME On you VH1. And that STINKS. I sure hope Vh1 takes this show and puts it away forever. Totally CLASSLESS if they dont.

6. teresa says:

what is the bus schedule for the rock of love 3.

7. beth says:

First off, my thoughts and prayers are with the families of those killed. They were taken from this earth way to soon! However, I am a fan of the show and to be honest I think you people are being a little harsh were Brett and his show are concerned. It sucks that this happened and yes the guy who was driving had no business behind the wheel of anything with a gas pedal, but, it was not and is not Brett’s or the shows fault. It was a freak accident that happened and you cannot blame one persons actions on a group of people just to make yourselves feel better. Brett himself has had to deal with all sorts of demons in his life and I for one think that he’s entitled to a little forgiveness!!!!

8. Todd V. says:

I agree with Beth. It is not Brets fault or VH1′s fault as I see it. One mans mistake should not take everyone down with him. It is very unfortunate for the victims in this accident and my thoughts and prayers go out to surviving family members. I lost my son at the age of 22 and I miss him very much. Just because he is not here my life does not stop, nor does his mother’s life! If we could change what has happened we all would do so, but the simple fact is we cannot. I think Bret putting the show on hold is a noble jesture to console victims families, but life must go on. If we stop living life we too might as well be buried in the ground next to our loved ones. I know first hand what it is like to lose a loved one at such an early age and it really sucks. I don’t know the whole story but I do know that it was only the one who fell asleeps fault that the accident happened. I do agree with Gina when she says there should be policies in place and if in fact this person didn’t have a valid License that he should not have been driving. But with that said what if he was valid? Would that change anything? No, the same result would have happened as the driver did fall asleep. That little piece of plastic being valid or invalid had nothing to do with the accident!. Should someone pay or be responsible? Yes, someone should be responsible for this person driving without a license, whomever it was that employed him would be responsible. Not everyone in the cast and crew of this show. I hope and pray that justice is served to this guy that fell asleep as it was his fault, but I don’t think part of that justice should be the cancelation of this show. Good Luck to the victims families my prayers are with you! God Blees all!

9. pixie says:

I guess my commet is What happen to Brett Michaels and his gf ambre????? nothing has been on about that realationship and if there even together……. hummmmm i think alot of people would like to know!!!!!

10. akbean says:

It’s sad. We just had 4 teenagers killed in an accident over the weekend in Texas. Nice that Bret took time to meet w/the families.

On another note, Bret-as the father of two kids, why do you do this show? What type of an image are you showing them about their father?

I’m sure VH1 will NOT post this note.

11. William says:

who cares? The world is over populated anyhow.

12. michelle says:

All I have to say is some folks need to learn how to spell and proof read there _!_*$#!_&&(`^`(% Just sayin….

Love you Bret!
    m

You’re a nice person, don’t let all this _!_*$#!_&&(`^`(% get to you, for real!

13. kelly roy tn says:

be real ive been your friend since 14 now thirty years old. you deserve and are worth so much more! most of those women are gold digging hoes. If you take all of this seriously keep in touch with those families including that soldier from irag. Send more than autographs and pictures because you are blessed with the ability to do so much more. I hope you find true love but it doesent seem serious the way you go about it. People look up to you and trust in you. Good luck and do more than this country has, because we are a new america now and you should respect and understand those values for yourself and your family. Please dont waste nashvilles fire dept resources for another #*@$!+#)$)#*(`! ty mud bowl we pay for their dedicated services. sincerely k roy