The Celebreality Interview – Mike Barber

The bottom may be crowded, but there’s plenty of room at the top. Below, the other I Want To Work for Diddy winner talks about his near-loss, his friendship with Kendra and how Mike Barber differs from his alter ego, Mic Barber.

You thought you’d lost, and then Diddy dramatically stopped the plane and called you on board to tell you both Suzanne and you would be working for him. That must have been an incredible shift in emotions for you.

Going into it, Suzanne and I were so nervous. We were holding hands. He walked over and told Suzanne she has everything he needs, said congratulations and then walked away from me. I couldn’t believe that that was it. I didn’t want to tell myself that was it. I looked to the sky and I told Diddy in my mind, “I’ll see you at the top, Diddy. The bottom is too crowded.” So then, I start to walk away and the plane stops and he gets off the plane and yells my name. He told me what was happening, that I got the job, and I had to shake his hand and give him a hug to make sure it was real. It was a great feeling. I went from zero to hero all in 10 minutes. But even if he didn’t stop, I was gonna show up to Bad Boy the next day with a resume. The next day!

Do you think he was planning this all along or was it a last-second change of mind?

I have no idea. You know how Mr. Combs is. And Suzanne was an excellent choice. Either way, we were both very qualified for the job.

And you guys haven’t started working for Diddy yet, right?

Right. We haven’t been in contact with anyone from Bad Boy. Knowing Mr. Combs, by the time the finale has aired, we’ll get a call from him saying, “Report to work.”

Before the show idea materialized, did you ever independently think to yourself, “I want to work for Diddy?”

Oh yeah. I grew up in the Bad Boy era, that ’94-’99 era where Bad Boy was everywhere. I used to say, “Man, that’s somebody that I would love to be next to.” He’s doing what he loves and it makes money from it. I always admired that.

On the flip, did you ever think to yourself, “I don’t want to work for Diddy anymore,” as the show went on and the challenges became more difficult?

No. I made the job a lot harder than it was. I’m such a perfectionist. I was pushing myself so much that a lot of the things that were simple, I made difficult. I’m hoping that it’s not as difficult as I made it. But I hear stories that I ain’t seen nothing yet.

At the very least, he seems extremely particular.

Very, very particular. But I’m ready for it. He has something that I want. He is a place where I want to be. Like I told Boris, it’s OK to be a copycat as long as you copy the right cat.

The interesting thing about this show is that you’re basically aspiring to a stepping stone – the prize is, in the best case scenario, merely a jumping-off point.

We always want more, and me being Mr. Combs’ assistant is to the be all, end all. All of his personal assistants went on to be great people. Capricorn is the director of marketing for Sean John and Norma is the director of events for Cipriani. The list goes on. I’m just blessed to have the same opportunity and I’m hoping to follow in their footsteps.

And as far as where you’ll go, what do you think? You’re a rapper, right?

I am an artist, but I’m mostly a producer. I have a recording studio in the Bronx. But I’m a show host above anything. I host shows at the Times Square Arts Center every month. I also started a company called Mic Management with my DJ. We do event planning, artist booking, artist development. Like I said, Mr. Combs is doing everything that I’m looking to get into. Why not take a piece of the man?

You were particularly accepting of Laverne. At one point, you called her “baby.”

In the beginning, it was difficult for me to get along with Laverne. She has a strong personality and so do I. But I wasn’t looking at her as a transgendered woman. I’m looking at her as someone who’s trying to get a job, just like me, and on top of this, she’s on my team. Laverne is a close friend of mine now. Accepting her was difficult in the beginning, but after a while I realized that she’s just a person.

What about Kendra? She told me that you guys had something romantic going on.

Kendra and I were close. I’m not going to go as far as to say “romantic.” Kendra, Brianna and I were close. When Brianna got eliminated, it left me and Kendra to grow. Kendra didn’t want to open up to anybody else, and as the show started to stress her out more, she felt like she could talk to me.

Any regret over voting her into the bottom?

No regret at all. I would do it all over again. Going into that room, my mind was set on Boris going up for elimination. It was time for him to go home. But as he began to talk, as we all began to talk, my opinion changed. Capricorn asked me cumulatively speaking who should go home. To me, it had to be Kendra. My integrity was on the line. Should I not pick Kendra just because she’s my friend? Or do I pick Boris just because I don’t like him? I felt like Kendra and I were so close, I didn’t think that would make or break our relationship. The way I feel is that if you want friends and alliances, watch I Love Money.

What about Poprah?

I knew from the start that there was something about her that just wasn’t right. I tried to get along with her. She spends a lot of time hating other people and I think it’s because she’s lonely. She’s been fighting all her life. I have a great deal of respect for her because we come from the same place. I wish we could have had a better relationship. But she found a way of making people love to hate her part of her career. I appreciate all the support and publicity that she gave Suzanne and I in her blogs. There’s no such thing as bad press, as long as you keep spelling my name right.

What was the biggest challenge for you?

The show was a humbling experience. It was all about being…not submissive, that’s too much of a word, but just getting along with Mr. Combs in a way that’s respectful and a way that’s not overstepping his boundaries. I learned that the fewer words that you have to say, the better your relationship with him will be.

It seems very intimidating.

You have no idea. Just his presence is intimidating. As the show progressed, I started to get more comfortable with him. At the Janelle Monae concert, I realized that I just had to get over that overwhelming feeling of anxiety. I’m just glad that I made the least amount of mistakes out of everyone.

Your name is Mike, but you go by Mic sometimes. Can you explain that?

It ties into a brand. One thing I love about Mr. Combs is that he branded himself, and he branded his true name, Sean John, and he branded Diddy. I do understand branding and he’s excellent at it. Sean John Combs is the family man, the human, whereas Diddy is the name, the mogul. That’s what I want for myself. Mike Barber is more of the person who’s grounded to his family. Mic Barber is the show host. He’s the one that’s gonna make sure Mike Barber can take care of his family.

Have you been resting? Are you ready for the sleep deprivation this job requires?

Actually, I’ve been practicing. I don’t sleep. If I’m not in the recording studio, I’m doing a show. If I’m not doing a show, I’m hosting a party. If I’m not hosting a party, I’m in the recording studio.

Where do you see yourself in five years?

Right now, I’m taking care of the groundwork for my company, Mic Management, and the not-for-profit I’m starting is called the YES Group – Young Entrepreneur Speaks. I’m hoping to have delegated enough responsibility so that I’m able to start another company within five years. Working with Mr. Combs could definitely open some doors because other people look for work, while wealthy people build a network. The amount of people that I’m going to meet is definitely going to take my company to the next level. Five years from now, I don’t know if I’ll be a multimedia mogul, but you’re gonna know Mike Barber.

Keep up with Mike via his FamousVH1Friends.com profile and his MySpace.

I Want To Work for Diddy show page
I Want To Work for Diddy videos and extras

1. Femtastic007 says:

All I wanna say is HELL YEAH !!!! Diddy you have deff. won a spot on my honors list. I’ve always given you respect for doing what you do the way you do it . But the ending of that show put you on tops for me.

Femtastic007

2. Myra Caesar says:

I was so excited that Diddy picked Mike. After POPRAH left, Mike was clearly the best candidate. I honestly thought that Kim and Mike would be the final two but I am glad that Mike was able to secure a job with Diddy. He deserved it more than anyone.

3. KUNTRYGIRL313 says:

I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU MIKE!!!! YOU WORKED HARD FOR THAT JOB! I WOULD’VE BEEN THROUGH WITH DIDDY IF HE HADN’T TAKEN YOU. YOU WORKED YOUR TAIL OFF. YOU HAVE SO MUCH PASSION. IT EXUDED THROUGH THE TV SCREEN.

4. Dee says:

I usually don’t watch TV however, this was the best “reality” show I had ever watched. I was not able to see all episodes, but I had tears in my eyes when Diddy stop that plane and called Mike to him and offered him a job. That was a great ending to a the final episode…I Want To Work For Diddy! He is a “Bad Boy”.

5. Smckenney says:

I sooooo proud of Mike!!!! I appreciated your drive and commitment to making a living legend’s foot print in history even more profound. Where ever you are placed in his companies you are going to support and enhance HIS vision. I pray for your continued success in the BAD BOY ORGANIZATION!!!!!

6. Malissia says:

Greetings, my name is Malissia I always admired P. Diddy, even with your arrogant self, but there is something about p diddy that is great. That’s why when I want Vodka I by Ciroc…it is smooth and it is good. That’s why I give unforgiveable cologne to men and women. You have fully made me like you even more by bringing the young man along… A lot of people don;t like you but, I think you are a great influence for a lot of young black boys. To let them know that they can be whatever they want to be with hard work. I never missed your show it is better than the apprentice. I am 53 years think you are great. keep up the good work. peace

Obama all the way.

7. ah trini says:

i tip my hat off 4 u diddy, u ah truely a blessed person. i cried when u left mike there but i cried even more when u call an offered him a job i think that was one of the best thing u could of done. but u should of pick mike bcos he was the best person 4 the job.
    best of luck 2 u mike in ur future u make history 4 ur family……….

8. Jones says:

I’m truly grateful and impressed with Mr. Combs’ decision! He really opened my eyes about his true character and the two candidates that were selected were on point! Their efforts at the end showed true team work and commitment. Congratulation!

9. KH says:

Mike, Congratulations! I was heartbroken when I thought Mr. Combs didn’t select you.
    However, we now know that this is not the case! You have the heart, motivation and determination to succeed. Just be yourself and learn from Mr. Combs. You are who you are and maximize this opportunity to learn from one of the best people in the industry. Don’t become a part of the norm. YOU are responsible for your own career/ professional growth, no one is going to give it to you.
    Be successful and show other young girls, boys, men and women especially African Americans that they can make it just as Mr. Combs and others have exemplified.

10. Steve says:

You had me upset for minute…but when you picked Mike it made my day. Good luck Mike and thank you Diddy for making my day by picking Mike.

11. Annie says:

It warmed my heart to see that the final two competitors genuinely liked each other and that Mr. Combs did the right thing. A perfect ending to a dream come true.

12. Tlee says:

Mike was always a go getter even at DWCHS! Way to make it on top Mike another name the Governors can add to their list of accomplished graduates!!!! Class 00′

13. J Lucas says:

I am extremely happy that Mike B. got his in the end. It just goes to show you that hard work always pays off in the end.

14. LATASHA says:

CONGRATS MIKE!! I WAS PULLIN FOR U THE MOST!! WELL U AND KENDRA!! I ALMOST CRIED WHEN HE SAID THAT OTHER GIRL WON! BUT U KNOW DIDDY, THERE’S ALWAYS A CATCH AT DA END! AND IM SO HAPPY THAT WORKED OUT IN UR FAVOR!! U DESERVED TO WORK FOR HIM, U HAVE WHAT IT TAKES AND I KNOW ONE DAY U WILL BE RITE UP THERE WITH THA BIG DAWGS!!! MUCH LOVE,

LATASHA

15. leyomijordan says:

Its crazy how i thought Mike shouldve won. He went the extra mile everytime, and did the unthinkable to work for diddy. Mad respect Mike, keep your head up!!!

16. Deborah Bourgeois says:

Congratulations Mic I am so proud of you and very happy I watched the show since day one and I was praying that you would be a winner , So when Diddy didn’t pick you first my heart dropped and I felt sick for a second. But after he stopped the plane I was so excited for you Yes Yes. Party Time Thank God, and Good luck with everything. From a true fan. Take Care.

17. Patrick says:

Nobody ruded for you more than me, Mike. I was with you from day 1. Anyone could have heard me a mile away from my apartment as I yelled “get em, Mike” when you pleaded your case in front of Diddy and the rest of the crew. I am extremely proud of you, man. Keep progressing and I will see you at the top.

-Patrick

Brooklyn, NY

18. Trayci says:

Mike,

I am proud of you…I absolutely loved the show…..do it again Diddy! work hard young brother and God bless you

19. PATRICHER says:

Congradulation brother man, don’t worry be happy! “Diddy is just too fly”
    When Diddy says God Bless You, you better believe you’re too blessed to be stress.
    Happy hour.

20. Stan says:

Congratulations!!
    The move with the Bible in the interview was perfect and giving Mr. Combs a book set it off.
    Never give up and your dreams will continue to come true.

21. Aye says:

I am sooooo happy for you, and I wish you all the best working with Diddy. You deserve this job and I really love your sincere personality and positive thought of you. Go for it Mike, You’re my hero.
    **( I was about to cry seeing the last episode that u were not getting a job, but then the plane stop! I knew it by then that Diddy would pick u up….boo hoo… )

22. RV says:

Mike,

You are a respectful, intelligent, hard-working man and deserve to go far in life.

Good luck!

23. BRIAN says:

I LOVED THIS SHOW. DIDDY DOES IT AGAIN

24. POPRAH says:

DIDDDYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!

SUZANNE IS A FREAKING THIEF!

MIKE DESERVED THAT JOB BUT SUZANNE YOU DIDN’T!

AND YOU KNOW IT~ YOU SAID YOU DON’T LIKE HIP HOP & JUST DID THIS SHOW FOR FUN! THIS WAS NOT YOUR DREAM.. BUT WHAT’S WORST IS…

YOU HAD THE NERVE TO USE THE MONEY I MADE DIDDY IN THE HUSTLE CHALLENGE AS PART OF YOUR FINAL INTERVIEW? YOU TOOK CREDIT FOR MY WORK TO GET THE JOB __~~~^%`#@($!~%&# WHICH GOES TO SHOW YOU ROAD MY BIG &)!^~@(+%((+((_ ALL THE WAY TO THE END! AND IF YOU THINK YOU’RE GONNA KEEP THAT JOB YOU GOT ANOTHER THING COMING~

YOU BETTER PRAY THERE’S NOT A REUNION BECAUSE THE WORLD & DIDDY WILL SEE YOU FOR THE LYING THIEF YOU ARE! I’VE GOT A PRIVATE EYE ON YOUR &)!^~@(+%((+((_ YOU SHOWED YOUR PASSPORT IN YOUR INTERVIEW BUT YOU STOLE (%%(_~)`$~@@)!_^ OUT OF THE AIRPORT STORE ON THE PARIS CHALLENGE WHILE WORKING FOR DIDDY! YOU BETTER HOPE DIDDY LIKES YOU ENOUGH TO BAIL YOU OUT!

YOU DIDN’T SPEND MONEY ON THE PRESENTATION BECAUSE YOUR BROKE HOMELESS &)!^~@(+%((+((_ WANTED TO KEEP IT! AND YOU’RE NOT BROKE OR HOMELESS BECAUSE OF HARD TIMES LIKE MOST PEOPLE . YOU QUIT YOUR JOB TO TRAVEL THE WORLD THEN RAN OUT OF MONEY AND LIVED OFF Of $26 BECAUSE YOU STOLE EVERYTHING. THAT’S SHOWS YOUR AN IDIOT RIGHT THERE!

YOU EVEN CHEATED DIDDY OUT OF HIS OWN MONEY FOR THE PRESENTATION! OMG YOU DIDN’T SPEND THE $200 LIKE MIC and STEPHANIE CUZ YOU WANTED TO KEEP IT – I SEE YOU!

YOUR SINS WILL FIND YOU OUT SUZANNE! IT AIN”T OVER TILL THE FAT GIRL SAYS IT’S OVER!

MIKE I WISH THE BEST -WE AIN’T FRIENDS BUT GAME RESPECTS GAME! BUT THAT __~~~^%`#@($!~%&# SUZANNE HAS GOT TO GO! WTF! IS THIS SOME REVERSE AFFIRMATIVE ACTION OR WHAT, WHY THE HELL WAS SHE STILL THERE? SHE SKATED THE WHOLE SHOW< EVEN PHIL SAID IT…

DIDDY – I RESPECT YOU FOR NOT CHOOSING ME, IM NOT AN &)!^~@(+%((+((_ ISTANT, I’M A CEO, I’M WORTH 100 &)!^~@(+%((+((_ ISTANTS, I GOT STAR QUALITY AND AM AN IDEA FACTORY, AND I KNOW – YOU KNOW IT…

BUT GET SUZANNE OUT OF THERE FOR YOUR SAKE, SHE CANNOT BE TRUSTED, SHE IS THE MAN! BELIEVE ME DUDE< DO YOUR HOMEWORK AND YOU’LL SEE! YOU HIRED A THIEF AND A LIAR, A DIRTY COP! I WILL TAKE A LIE DETECTOR TEST TO PROVE IT TO YOU AND PAY FOR IT! I BET YOU SHE WON’T!

THIS IS NOT A JOKE OR FOR DRAMA, I DON’T WANT TO SEE THIS GIRL DESTROY WHAT YOU BUILT!

CONGRATS AGAIN MIKE TRUST ME PEOPLE !I’M GOOD, LIKE JENNIFER HUDSON ON AMERICAN IDOL, I DIDN’T WIN, BUT I’LL DEFINITELY COME OUT ON TOP!

25. Gina says:

Congrats…..
    God answer prayers. God bless you Mr. Diddy for fulfilling not one but two people dreams.

26. leinani says:

What a touching moment Poprah, to bad you weren’t part of it. Take it easy , Relax, do what you gotta’ do…VENT. You’re already a CEO of your own company and that is BIG ! most of us are struggling to get by and we dont have what you got, I admire you. Forget about suzanne and think of it this way , you dont have to take orders from anyone and you are Star Quality. I do hope that your clothing line is successful and I’ll miss seeing you on television, I’m pretty sure it wont be the last, VH1 will probably offer you your own show, that would be AWESOME !
    Love you Poprah
    God Bless, You do have Fans.
    Aloha from Hawaii.

27. DiddyDid It says:

Congrads to the winners ! ! Brotha’ Mike, Suzanne.
    THe ending of the FInale made me the HAPPIEST ! girl alive.
    Only Diddy has Twists to his shows that leaves you at the edge of your seat.
    Thank Diddy all Mighty that he didnt leave without Mike, it had me in tears when he was about to.
    Bravo! ! now I can sleep tonight knowing that Diddy will be taken care of by two trustworthy azzistants. Stephanie would’ve been good to, Someone will land her a job, Definitely.
    HEY POPRAH !, are you Hiring ?

28. Angelia says:

I loved the show and could not wait to see who would win. I had to watch it two times. I was very sad when Mike did not win at first. I thought Mike was the best choice he worked very hard he ran around trying to get everything just right, he hustled. The girl did not seem to do that much, but was quailfied. I was so happy when the plan stop and Diddy cameout and called Mike to the plan and gave him a job too. Mr. Combs is the man. I love him, I like his music and his acting and everything he do.

29. FLYIN'hawaiian says:

Diddy you handsome hunk of dark chocolate, whats up with the suit?
    Damn’ you lookin’ so tall, slender, and fine. Where can I get one like you?
    You are the most intimidating man on reality TV, but yet…you always seem to come through for the captivating audience, its the wonder your shows are rated #1.
    Thanks for the Happy Ending, I was rootin’ for Mic.

BY THE WAY, WHO, OR WHAT IS, SAMBO ?

30. Dwayne says:

I’ve got madd respect for Mike Barber. He’s a hustler. I’m glad that he was one of the winners. He’s going places and definitely has a future.

31. LD says:

The ending of the show wouldn’t have been Diddy style if it didn’t end the way it did. He chose the best two candidates to join his force. Mike and Suzanne works exceptionally well together. Suzanne brings the brain of corporate and Mike brings the brain of a hussler. They both know how to accomplish the unaccomplishable (if that’s even a word)….I hope the two of them succeed. And as Kim Porter said in a VH1 interview “you would be a fool not to learn and take a peice of what Diddy teaches with you in your future.” It will only make you a better and stronger person. Out of the top rated rap moguls, Diddy is the only one that i can honestly say gives back and allows people to learn from him. Why is it that you don’t see moguls such as Jay-Z and 50 Cent doing the same? That’s why Diddy will always get the respect that he does not only from his own kind, but from Mayor Bloomberg and other politicians as he has already!!! Great accomplishment to all including Sean John and Bad Boy Entertainment. This was truly “GOOD TV.”

32. CJ says:

Congratulations Mike!! You deserved it, and you SHOULD HAVE won it by yourself because Suzanne doesn’t deserve to be there!

33. Bird says:

Congrats Mike!!!! I was rooting for you.

34. Nina says:

Poprah get over it. You lost, there’s no need to come on here hating on Suzanne, even though she shouldnt’ have won. You sound bitter. She’s not right for the job and neither are you. It’s good Mike won but Stephanie should have been on that plane with him. Poprah, you’re too old to be an %~*“$$##_^&~+@ istant.

35. yvonne says:

hi mike,

i’m so glad you won……………i was crying when you didn’t get into the plane at first and when you finally got to be in that plane my whole heart and eyes where in so much tears. i’m so happy for you………….i know you will make it to the top and a NO is not an answer. Good work…………and keep being possitive cos that takes you to the top.

36. Tamaira says:

Congrats Mike! I love Diddy for that!

37. Mo says:

Wow…Kim I was really hoping you would have one and shocked when you did not . But after reading the reply you posted I am sure that Mr. Combs picked the right people. There is something to be said abouty social grace and intergrity. Why would you constantly bad mouth everyone and think you are going to get respect? I just know one thing…that was not cool…you are too old to act like a spoiled 2 year old.

38. Spencer Peace says:

Mike;

Most of my friends call me PEACE, so you also can call me PEACE which is my legal name by the way. I need to say congrats player, you deserved to win, I had been following the show for the season so I have seen your transformation.

I must say I was happy to see KIM leave, that was very big of you when you attempted to speak with her and she was non-understanding of your point but the better persons won..

Again congrats now go accomplish your goals and dreams..

Spencer Peace
    Washington, DC

39. BigCO says:

First off, congratulations to Mike and Suzanne! Diddy made the right choice in selecting them two. As for Kim, stop flattering yourself homegirl, you are no combination of Diddy and Oprah; that was evident from the first words that came out of your mouth on the show. So calling yourself Poprah makes you look absolutely ridiculous. You lost! I would say gracefully fade away and get back to your life but you already ruined that with that oh so Kim like post that you put up – you should be ashamed of yourself and if your not now, once you cool off, you probably will be. Ultimately, your lack of ability to work with others is going to keep you down and that’s too bad. HUMILITY! Try practicing it once in a while.

40. silk says:

I knew you would work for Diddy!!!!! I was so disappointed when he didn’t choose you first (almost to tears) but when he stopped that plane and called your name I jumped up and “clapped so loud that I woke up my baby….LOL

My only concern is why you haven’t started working for him yet. Diddy has a reputation for leaving some of his “peeps” hanging on to an opportunity. I remember when Danity Kane and Day 26 (or 28) was interviewed and none of them received pay for their work (at that time) which was shocking. I hope Diddy does right by you, because I think you are one “hell” of a person.

Good Luck

41. T. Paul Cardin says:

Mike and Suzanne, you have both been blessed with a grat opportunity in your lives and I wish you much success from this point forward. I auditioned for the show as well in Atlanta and was called back for a second tv interview. however only Poprah was choosen from Atlanta. Mike, I really indentify with your drive for success. I relocated from the DC area to pursue a career in fashion & event production. I’m currently unemployed, but I give all the glory to God and I know that he has my life under control. I pray that the success that comes your way does not lead you down a path of corrupt activities. Money can get you into trouble, so dont compromise yourself for a dollar. Its all about your relationship with God, your family, and helping others achieve their dreams. God Bless you Mike and Suzanne and you guys will see me on I Want To Work For Diddy Season 2!! Remember the name T. Paul Cardin…………

42. FocusedDC says:

BIG UPs to mike after watching the show and also the finale show he made me realize and also inspired me that if i put all i got in something that I REALLY want I shall recieve it.. im pround of this black man ….. THANKS MAN

43. DallasGirl says:

Mike – Honestly I wanted to say how much of an inspiration you are to the many out here watching this show. At first I couldnt believe you wernt chosen. There was no way. I sat there and stopped breathing. But I knew there was no way you couldnt have had this opportunity. I just knew deep down inside you had to be granted this opportunity. Im happy that others around this country have the same fire burning. Thanks for showing the rest of us out here that what you believe you can achieve. Please let us know when you start working for Diddy. Im sure many people would like to peer into your daily life as a PA to one of the most famous people in the 21st century. I must say that Diddy completely intimidated me however I realize where hes come from and how much of a past he has in music that makes him an icon. Keep believing! Were watching!

44. Juliette says:

Mike my daugher and I were both crying at the end becuase we were crushed that you did NOT win, then when the plane stopped I knew it, I was screaming so loud & crying at the same time, I am shocked you did not hear us rooting for you in Mecca Harlemworld baby…

May god bless you with your new opportunity and you will see diddy at the top , in your case, you will see him at work, grinding, good luck baby and know you have people with the dream in thier spirit that would be blessed with what god is going to give you and your family…

Peace Mike Nice……

45. AKA-sister says:

“Who is the Judge?”
    Students: “The judge is God.”
    Prof: “Why is He the judge?”
    Students: “He decides who wins and loses; not my opponent.”
    Prof: “Who is your opponent?”
    Students: “My opponent does not exist.”
    Prof: “Why does your opponent not exist?”
    Students: “He is a mere dissenting voice to the truth I speak.” * from the movie “The Great Debaters”
    Keep truth in your life as your enter this journey which will give you a legacy or damnation choose wisely and be with you…………………………….Finally! The only Diddy Show I actually believed was real-ity

46. Tiara says:

Congrats I was rootin 4 u the whole way continue to go 4 yours Peace and blessings!

47. Ms.Jackson says:

I was very happy to see that diddy decided to keep both of them, because like he said he could use both of there skills in his dynasty as it were, I think they were good choices and I thought the guy did very well with his attitude when he thought it was not going to him that won. then the diddy surprise come roll wit us was fabulous.Congradulations to both of them and diddy you keep doing it big and allowing people to grow in your world and organization…….good job!!!

48. pat swift says:

Diddy I liked you before you fired Kim. You must be prejudice againest larger size people. Kim was the only person fired by you without trial or jury. That was very unfair!!! Kim whom I believe was one of the smartest and most creative you tried to make her feel bad by just firing her and treating her different than the others. YOU SINGLE HER OUT BECAUSE OF HER SIZE. Larger size people are always treated different and you are no better. It is unfortunate that you have placed yourself in a situtation that potentially you could lose lots of money. One third of the American population is larger size and one day this one third would considered buying some of your clothes. You just lost my sale. I hope you think about who relates to who, and how easy it is for you to offend a large group of people.
    PLUS WOMAN

49. Latoya says:

Mike really wants to be Diddy and is jus looking for fame

50. AMBER says:

MIKE I WAS ROOTING FOR YOU THE WHOLE TIME!!! YOU WERE THE ONLY ONE WHO REALLY WANTED TO “WORK FOR DIDDY” I WAS BAWLING MY HEAD OFF WHEN THEY MADE US THINK YOU DID NOT WIN. AND WHEN THEY STOPPED THE PLANE I WAS YELLING SO LOUD “YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS”!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU FOR MAKING THE SHOW WORTH WATCHING.

51. Cornell says:

Well! Well! Well! Im was keeping up with the show and its was quite interesting to see these people tell him that their dream is to work for him. Impossible! So what was your dream before Diddy came on the scene? I wish people will be real with themselves and others. If anyone is concerned about what my dreams are, one of the most important one is being successful, with or without the fame. Now to be successful you have to definitely aim for success, something they are all doing. Also being around someone who’s very inspiring, very famous, wealthy, and successful is a start on being successful.
    I have other dreams, and another is, since we’re on the subject of Diddy, is to be better than him. Isnt that what we teach our kids dont be like me, be better than me. Let me explain what being better than him means(so no one will get offended) as we live and learn there’s always more to be accomplish, and it doesnt stop at the status Diddy is at. Right? or Wrong? Enough philosphy-ing. I was on Kim’s team. .

52. Mina says:

This was the best ending. When he didn’t pick you, it hurt b/c I could tell that your heart was in it. Then, he selected you. I have a new appreciation for Diddy. It was great! Good Luck!

53. Tasha says:

I loved the show. I hate to see it end. Mr. Combs and the other cast members has inspired me to be the best that I can be. My job is stressful. It was fun watching other people being stressed out. Please do a part two.

54. Sheli says:

Mike
    As a single black mom of three mature sons, I was rooting for you all the way. When Diddy picked Suzanne (a great choice, by the way), I was crushed. Then Diddy stopped the plane and did the turn aroundand I hollered,” OH YEAH”…One Black God saluting the divinity in another, now that was powerful…and certainly made my week. Good Luck to you and Suzanne and Stay Positive and Be Blessed.
    See You At The Top…….

55. Nina(Mississippi) says:

I am so glad you won mike dont forget to give back to people who have big dreams like you. With the back ground you have I know you wont forget. Diddy did great with the shows ending with picking both of you. I was almost crushed when I thought he was just going to leave you hanging. He did the right thing there is enough pie for two at the top. Stay grounded and keep God first you will continue to prosper.

God Bless U and protect U

56. ms. trini says:

I loved how the show ended. I wanted Mike to win, but when he said Suzanne won, i was happy too. I was just about to turn off the t.v when the plane stopped doors open and diddy calls mike. I couldn’t believe what he did. i was jumping up and down. i have to give respect to u diddy u shocked me and im glad u put a twist in it. Mike i hope u do well. Congrats Suzaznne. All the best to both of u. Diddy u really need to think about promoting a soca radio station or television show. Think about it

57. g. pooh says:

NiCE CATCH AS AN ENDiNG……AFTER HE SAiD SUZANNE i WANTED TO CRY….LiTERALLY!!!!!!!!!! BUT THEN HE STOPPED THE PLANE DOORS AND KALLED MiKES NAME…….THAT MUST TRULY MEAN MiKE HAS SOMETHiNG DiDDY LiKES….KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK YOU TWO!!!!!!!!!! THE WORLD iS COUNTiNG ON YOU!!!!!!!!!! [[lol]] WELL NOT REALLY THE WORLD……..[[you know what i mean]]

58. wona says:

MIKE I WAS SO HAPPY YOU WON TO, DIDDY KNEW WHAT TIME IT WAS!! I READ ONE OF KIM’S BLOGS STATING THAT SUZANNE WAS A LIAR AND A THIEF AND THAT SHE WOULD TAKE A POLYGRAPH TEST TO PROVE THESE ACCUSATIONS. DO YOU BELIEVE ANY OF THOSE THINGS SHE’S SAYING SUZANNE DID OR SAYING, OR DO YOU BELIEVE ITS JEALOUSY ON HER PART?? OH YEAH THAT NERVOUS LOOK YOU HAD AT THE END DIDNT MEAN NOTHING YOU STILL LOOKED TASTY @_*&!!^~!_~&(** HELL !!!

59. amarie says:

WHAT’S FOR YOU IS FOR YOU….

I give big ups and much respect to Mr. Sean Combs for again being a class act. I was motivated and challenged by this show. So much useable knowledge was passed along on this show.
    Suzanne was smart and knew what to do to make it to the end. She was not loud and all me, me, me like Kim. She did not depend on her looks like Stephanie. She played like an independent team player who can produce a contribution to the task at hand. She is on her way to succeeding with this opportunity.
    Big Mike, I am proud of you for your tenacity and drive. You respresented Black men well. Use your charm and charisma wisely. You made your moves like a knowledgeable chess player. I was blown away when you voted Kendra off the show. WOW!!!!
    I wish these two winners the BEST!!! Make sure to reach back and help one as you continue to make your way to the top. Remember that is how Mr. Combs continues to be a success.

60. Big Munny Mike says:

Brother Mike,

I grew up in Harlem and came out to L.A. about 10 years ago not knowing what would happen or how I would make a single dollar. All I knew is that I needed to make a change and I had to go for mine. By God’s will and pure uptown hustle I made it in Hollywood working as a Grip on movies, commercials, tv shows and even a couple of Diddy’s videos if you can believe that.

As I followed you through this hero’s journey I kept a silent prayer for you in my heart the whole time. I was shattered when you’d “lost”. But that heartbreak was well worth it to feel what had to be the same elation you felt when asked to get on that plane.

I don’t know you, Mike, but my heart has swollen with so much love that I felt compelled to write you and tell you how proud I am of you. You truly exemplified, that what you put out into the universe comes back to you with compounded interest. We all saw that proven true with Kim’s embarrassing removal.

So from one Uptown Hustla to another – one love, baby. You did it.

61. samantha says:

I think that diddy made a big mistake making Kim leave his empire, she would have been a good ~_&!_^(~^$*!%+# istant,for more than one reason for example,She made tht $500.00 dollars and made the most money for you that show hustlin skills she came in the game hard as hell she knew what she was doing,and on top of that she catered to diddy’s mother well,she knew how to handle certain situations better than Suzanne. Suzanne really sucked she had all that education but kim acted more effective for your needs,and made everything happen for diddy.Mike did his thing so more power to you Mike. Diddy i have agreed with you up unitl you sent kim home ,you made a big mistake.On the other hand how did stefanie make it so far she sucked through the whole show you need to let kim become a ~_&!_^(~^$*!%+# istant or something because she really deserves it.sure she could have came at you another way but that was really her biggest mess up since the show.

62. Alethea says:

I must admit prior to and during this show I was not a Diddy fan., But the finally show changed all of that for me, I was so impressed with his choice to hire Mike as well. Because Mike seemed to work hard as well as Suzanne. But Diddy great move.

63. robinson says:

GREAT JOB MIKE AND SUZANNE KIM GET OVER IT YOUR MOUTH GOT YOU IN TROUBLE PLEASE UNDERSTAND YOU HAVE TO WORK WELL WITH OTHERS THE WOLD DOESN’T REVOLVE AROUND YOU CHILL BIG MOUTH YOU’RE STILL TALKING AND GOING NO WHERE.ACTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

64. Janet says:

Mike, congratulations!!!!! I was soooo disappointed when Diddy chose Suzanne over you, but felt like I had won the lottery when he hired you as well!!! You worked so hard and were consistent throughout the entire show. That’s what New Yorkers do baby!!!! I felt like Suzanne did a great job as well and was glad to see you both win. So enjoy this!!! Yes it’s going to be a tough road and you won’t be seeing your pillow for a LONG time, but it will be worth it. Diddy creates moguls and you will be one of them. Congratulations again and God Bless You!!!

65. Nancy says:

I have never in my life made comment on the internet or message board, But there is a first for everything. ::)))

OMG I give props to Diddy I have never been so moved by a reality show before in my life. Mike and Suzanne you both derserve the best!!! I want to also thank Diddy for making his show not only entertaining but REAL. (it made me cry) Diddy is a great man and I respect him for making the decision that he made.
    May God Bless You And Everything You Touch

66. Kem H says:

Am so happy Mike won along with Suezzane,wishing them all the joy that wil come there way

67. TRACEY says:

HAVE MERCY MIKE!!!!!! I was about to cry for you man. I knew you deserved the job more than that other one. I felt played for you at first i was calling Diddy all kinds of names for that one. Me and my 3 sisters were sitting in front the TV watching and when he picked Suzanne lord! We couldn’t breath. We were so happy when Diddy stop that plane. I felt like i just didn’t know what you were going to do. Felt like we were right there with you. Were wishing you so much success and so much love in the future. GO Mike-Mike

68. Kareem says:

Mike Barber, congrats bro! Simply, congrats!!

69. janice says:

Hey cous congrats I knew you can do it, it’s in the blood. Don’t forget to brace yourself because it gets bigger and better lots of luv I am so happy for you, see you soon for that celebration(lots of hugs and smiles from your fam).

70. Tre Jones says:

I wanted to say congratulations, I was so happy for you!! I got sooo emotional watching when Diddy chose Suzanne my heart dropped I felt like you had it from the jump!!! When you looked as you saw your dream passing and about to fly away…Mr. Combs shows some love I cried ….Much respect,love and peace to you… Keep God first and do your thing…
    Dr. Jones

71. J Lucas says:

You cant front, Mike FELL HARD running into that building. It was toooooooo funny. I am laughing right now just thinking about it but we still love you kid!

72. Melissa Schultz says:

I’m so happy Mr. Combs decided to choose Mike also in the end. When he stopped that plane, I had a tear in my eye! Your dream hadn’t ended, it just begun! Show him what you both can do and take it to the next level. I think they’ll both do very well &&^*@)`@()!^@^` isting him. Congratulations!

But here’s what I have to say about Mr. Combs. Although he is a multi-millionaire and intimidating to all, I think it would be nice to see him in the “real world”. I mean to see him minus the entourage, private plane, Blackberry, thousand-dollar suits and his roll as mogul. Take him out of his “delirious” lifestyle and put him with a “normal” family for a couple of weeks. Working a real job with real people. There’s your reality show! haha

73. jackie_higgins01@yahoo.com says:

Mr. Combs I have watched your career go to the top and I must say you kept my attention. I am so happy that the show ended that way. I am a mother of twin sons who are now 23 and to see that opportunity given to those young people was a chance in a lifetime. You really have choosen the two most sincere people out of the bunch one who is well educated and has seen the world of opportunity. And the other who you gave a chance. He really wanted it more than anything and he bust his butt over and over to prove himself. He ddid not stab anyone in the back he just kept it real. His street skills and personal drive will make him into a sucessful man. Thank you again for showing the world you are not all about your music in signing the best talent at this time. But you give opportunities in business aas well. And that is were the real success is, because you can make a few hits but to know how to make money in the business world is something that you can do for a lifetime.

74. Sanovia says:

OMG i was so happy mike was picked i thought puff was going to leave him out there, mike is the best man for the job, and puff is the man and he has a heart he made mike dream come true and diddy is the real BOSS not rick ross !

75. Nikki0069 says:

That’s beautiful Mic please follow your dreams reach for the stars. work hard and enjoy yourself at the same time.Always remember that you worked hard and was given a second chance DO NONETHING BUT YOUR BEST

76. Jessy says:

Though I am drawn to anything related to Diddy, I did not think I would like this show. I actually began watching by accident, and I was immediately hooked. The finale was AWESOME!!! I feel as if I won. Diddy showed why he is so successful. He is constantly thinking ahead, and he knows people, and how to bring the best, and the most out of them. I am so happy for Mike and Suzanne. I hope Diddy will allow us to see them in their new jobs.
    Wow what a show! Congratulations Mike and Suzanne, and Diddy keep up the awesome work.

77. Alicia says:

All I want to say is Mike, you made me so proud of you. You are a positive example of young men in “our” company just like Puff was and is. I believe he sees a little of himself in you. This is so awesome! We as a community must lend a hand to help elevate those of us that are bold enough and posess that thing that says – as Puff would say “go hard or go home”! Its hard to find people like that of any culture. That’s why there’s a lot of room at the top because not everyone is built nor nor do they have what it takes to occupy space at the top!

I love Puff! I am more and more astounded by who he has become. I come from the same generation as he does. I have the utmost respect for him and how he has grown into such a phenomenal man.

He may be arrogant, but he has earned the right to be! As a black man, he gives a lot of young men and women a vivid picture of what they too can be if they stop bull *)$#%&&*#_`_^(&% ting with themselves, leave the fricking execuses at the door and “go hard or go home”. Life is real and it is especially real if you come from any place that causes you to dig deep and not give up!

Mike I respect your drive! That is why I believe you will shine with Puff. You just may be the next generation of inspiration.

Signed

Never one to give execuses

78. Rooting for Mike says:

I am a conservative professional 40year old SBF of a 18 years old scholar son in high school. (Not the typical viewer to say the least). But I loved this show. Mike, congratulations on your win. The show’s producers did an excellent job with the ending of the show. If one wasn’t touched emotionally, you’re almost heartless. I wasn’t a Diddy fan, but I now have such admiration for his achievements. Diddy…marry the mother of your babies! You know the Lord too much to not do right by yourself and your family!

79. A Mike Barber fan says:

I was rooting for Mike all along. But he’s GOT to know that he did Kendra dirty. I clicked the link that displayed Kendra’s blog and her comments about she and Mike…Then it was all clear. He played her cause he had a girlfriend and he didn’t want his woman to think that he would playin her too close. If you like Kendra, but you had a woman who you loved you should have just kept it platonic. Not wait til the end and throw her under the bus. That was dead wrong. N’s ain’t S is what I say, even though I love ya Mike. Plus I think Mike knew that Kendra was his strongest competition for being a hustler. The product that she chose for the challenge that they did together, far out sold Mike’s bottled waters and white tees. She was always the second best hustler on the team next to Mike and he knew. So I think that one she was already getting voted into the hot seat he figured he might as well play along. DON’T BELIEVE THE HYPE KENDRA. Mike talking about it being your temper that got you voted off. That wasn’t it at all.

80. Kiki says:

You go on…you definitely have a deep rooted desire to be the best and it showed so much and you showed the world that you are going somewhere and where ever that road takes you, you can tell its success baby! Glad you won!

81. Jay says:

“Poprah” seemed very talented and creative, but had an obvious chip on her shoulder. That’s very common in people who have had a hard life in general and no family support in particular. I think she is hurting inside for many reasons, and feels contemptuous of others for this reason. I hope she manages to heal from her past and not continue to let it rise up and create obstacles for her future. But, I say these things with empathy. I understand, “Poprah”, believe me. I come from the same emotional place. Because of this, I really wish you the absolute best, both personally and professionally. I mean it.

82. Sharmaine Williams says:

Mike you did it, I was in tears shaking when that plane stopped OH MY GAWD. Diddy did that cliffhanger ending like nobody else can.

Mike you really worked hard and no you will continue to, you need a bit of tweaking but you can do it.

YES, YES,YES LOVED IT!!!

83. Pete says:

Definitely a close call, when they announced Suzanne won and you lost.. my jaw just dropped. It seemed like you worked so much harder than anyone else in that house. But, when that plane stopped, I was so glad! Man, I was rooting for you since the beginning and you still came out on top. YEAH! Like I said, definitely a close call and I’m so glad you won because you deserve it man, I hope nothing but cash and fame for you.

Good luck

84. NifahGotti says:

You did it homie…I’m proud of you…I knew you would win because you were always the most humble and thats the best quality in a person..You never really let the pressure get to you. you always stayed calm, focused and got the job done..Being from NY was an advantage and you used that advantage wisely.. Enjoy your new job and lifestyle and I hope you can live up to the expectations of this job cause you worked damn hard for it.

85. yvonne says:

man u did the dang thing i am so friggin proud of u u go ahead and make didy proud and send me $50 lol

86. connicandy says:

GOOD LIKE WORKING FOR DIDDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU COULDNT PAY ME A MILLION DOLLARS TO WORK FOR HIM…..HE THINKS HE IS GOD………….I WOULD PUT HIM IN HIS PLACE…………

87. connicandy says:

GOOD LUCK WORKING FOR DIDDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU COULDNT PAY ME A MILLION DOLLARS TO WORK FOR HIM…..HE THINKS HE IS GOD………….I WOULD PUT HIM IN HIS PLACE…………

88. connicandy says:

SORRY MEANT GOOD LUCK NOT LIKE

89. DiddyFan2009 says:

LOVED THE SHOW- DEF A BIT OF DRAMA TOWARD THE END WITH MIKE AND KENDRA WHICH MADE IT INTERESTING.. AND IT WAS CLEAR HE DID KENDRA DIRTY..POPRAH PUT MIKE ON BLAST ABOUT HIS CHARACTER. SHE MAY BE OVER THE TOP BUT SHE KEEPS IT REAL. AND IN KENDRA’S DEFENSE (WHO I THOUGHT SHOULD HAVE WON), HE IS THE EXACT COPY OF DIDDY THATS WHY HE WON. HIS GIRLFRIEND IS CLEARLYYYYYYYYYYY ANOTHER “KIM PORTER”. B/C IF SHE IS STILL WITH HIM TODAY SHE IS A SORRY FEMALE WHO WILL ALWAYS LET THEM DO WHAT THEY WANT. IT WILL TAKE AIDS OR A SMACK IN THE FACE TO WAKE THEM UP. GOOD LUCK KENDRA ON YOUR SUCCESS.. WATCH CLOSELY B/C GOD DOESNT LIKE UGLY .. WHAT GOES UP ALWAYSS COMES RIGHT BACK DOWN

90. meg says:

i dont think it matters who won…diddy is diddy, he thinks hes the Sh** but isnt…you will be replaced just like every one else who has held this position…i think that you made it thru becuase you remind diddy of himself & he needs someone like you to take down with him when he goes down..the drugs,women,kids & stuff, seems like that is all right up your ally…best of luck regardless & im sure we will see you again soon!@

91. DMH says:

I’d enjoy a follow up show “working for Diddy”

92. stella102 says:

I love reality t.v.. …..more then than the next person but this is a piss take.
    Leverne was fired tonight on Irish tele. (We’re so late in the game and gutted, sure she was deadly craic))
    That Kym one is still in for the job. ? (How is that possible , sure she’s a hard `)#$&%(%((*%`&) c@£t)
    How does that figure?
    To me Sean (and thats an Irish name if there ever was one) must have a crowd of savages around him and his money to really honestly crowd his judgement that he can’t see the hill for the trees.
    I think getting a Hollywood Star is great but Hollywood to me is as a place in Co. Wicklow. Get over yourself for a second Sean and remember the hood you came from…… Your mother was a show on the show for her need of special attention (there was 4 wannabes in attendance, yet not good enough)
    Hany ways, this is the first ever blog and good night holly wood but your way is not a stoney way((a.k.a, ? (is it one one)

93. mike barbers wife says:

i lovw mike he is the greatest if he got myspace, let me know that guys

94. Shannon says:

OMFG! Are you kidding me? Somebody’s dream is to work for Diddy? Talk about not having goals! He is an arrogant &^&***#@~^(~#&# Hell no! I’m so not watching this )(^`*`+#&)!~`#*&

95. roosevelt heath,sr says:

i don’t understand why anyone would stoop to humilating another human being to pander like a pet to them…puffy isn’t all that…if it weren’t for biggie smalls and the rest of bad boy acts that left him.. he wouldn’t be where he is now..he didn’t do it all by himself like he makes it sound…i like him and the music he makes but don’t get it twisted sean…you weren’t the only one who built bad boy…there has to be a reason why most of his major groups left him…total,mase,lox,new edition,faith evans,112…thats the only thing i don’t like hearing is how he built the bad boy empire?….anyway sorry for venting..i just disagree with diddy coming out and acting like he’s the only one responsible for bad boy getting big as it did…..

96. unknown says:

One of the best vh1 shows produced I’m glad Mike won I watch season 2 and it sucks compare to the first season most vh1 shows season 1 will always be better.

97. febea says:

Where is Mike Barber now? Does he work for Diddy?

98. es says:

a világon a második legjobb pasi

99. 4649787 says:

What a lovely day for a 4649787! SCK was here

100. I just couldnt leave your website before letting you know that I really enjoyed the quality information you offer to your visitors… Will be back soon to check up on new stuff you post!

101. en route for where a reorder number finder comes in handy, plus at the moment you be able to yet hit upon as of phone numbers. With the purpose of is a service that was not unfilled until totally recently. When you suppose how numerous people now additional waste a cell, it additional makes deem to facilitate own a invert lookup for them too.

102. With by a reputable reverse telephone lookup service the details retrieved is total and wholly detailed. There are several services concerning the bing nowadays so needn’t be alive fooled in addition to the less expensive services. These services need not produce full facts and the specifics provided outdated additional often than not.