First Look: Dr. Drew On The Set of Rehab 2

Above and below: some on-set shots taken during the filming of the second season of Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew, which is set to premiere Thursday, Oct. 23 at 10/9c on VH1. As previously announced, this round of televised rehabilitation will feature Sean Stewart, Amber Smith, Rodney King, Nikki McKibbon, Steven Adler, Tawny Kitaen, Gary Busey, and, back from the first season, Jeff Conway.

1. Marybeth says:

To AMBER and RODNEY KING

AMBER: Please never give up. You have come too far. You are an amazing individual. I admire your strength and courage. I have no doubt that you have an outstanding life ahead of you. Let this be the beginning of that new life. And most importantly, look to God for all your needs. God can do all the things that we cannot do without Him. Trust me, this is so true. You will beat your addicitons. You will succeed ! Lots of Hugs and Prayers !

RODNEY: My prayer is that this will be your new beginning. Give it all to God. Allow God to provide what you need to conquer your addicitions, pain and anger. My life has shown me that EVERYTHING is possible through God. I see an amazing man and father underneath all the pain and hurt. Please give God the chance to turn your life around. You’ll never regret it ! I would not be who I am today without Him. And, please keep in mind that “Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase” (Martin Luther King, Jr.) I’m praying for you. YOU CAN DO IT ! Lots of Hugs & Prayers !

2. Julie says:

~~Steven Adler~~
    Dear Steven
    I just wanted to let you know that you are such a inspiration…Not because you are a awesome musician, but because of the person you are inside. You are really showing that you truely WANT sobriety, not that it is just something that you HAVE to do…Your heart and spirit truely were such a bright shining star tonight to those of us watching. While you are taking care of your own self and your own sobriety you continually showed support and care and commitment for the others who are there struggling in a hard environment for them. I was so deeply touched when you turned to your wife and thanked her for still being there and it was so obvious that you are both so in love and so committed to one another. I truely could only wish to see more people like you in the world today. Know that we up here in Washington State are really pulling for you and that you truely are a star that shines so brightly in what can at times be a pretty dark world! I could only wish my teenage son can surround himself with people who are as sincere in their hearts as you are. Keep up the awesome work!!

3. Amy says:

Amber: YOU GO GIRL!!! You have come so very far. I have been through your struggle & you are making it. I won’t lie & say you are threw the worst part but I know you can do it! I watch you & see me. I had to loose my freedom & my children before I got clean & sober & you are choosing on your own to get clean & sober, you are such a strong person! I know have my freedom & my 3 wonderful children & a great sober life! I look forward to seeing you do the same & being a role model to other actors/actressess/models etc.

Steven: Who knew how absolutely cool of a guy you really are? Your heart has got to be the biggest in the entire world! Dude it’s so great that you have chosen to get clean & sober so that you can see that life can be great! You have some real ups & downs thrown at you by life & have rode the waves with every single one. Now you are on the road to doing it sober, that is so awesome! From one who knows your friendships that are SUPPOSED to mend when you get clean & sober will and the ones that aren’t wont. Keep a chin up, your doing great! One word of caution. Don’t focus too much on others sobriety that you take the focus from your own! I will always be a huge fan of yours!

Tawny: Girl you are holding too much in! I am not talking about the 4 days in jail. I did so much jail time in so many counties & prisons that I know what you are talking about there trust me. Try spending mothers day & your kids many birthdays in solitary confinment! You want to talk about a trial. I think you will get to your holding things in but I am just concerned about you right now. On the other hand I am even more PROUD of you for getting treatment. Just like with Amber I see myself in you. I didn’t go to coke I went to meth but a drug is a drug. To see you step up & decide that yes I am going to get help & yes I want a sober life is wonderful. I am just so excited for you & your kids. Your kids will soon have a sober mom again & they will forever love you for it!

4. Heather Cartwright says:

GARY!!!!!! YOU ARE AWESOME MAN!!!!!!!! HAHAHA! YEAH! JEFF, GET THE HELLLLL AWAY FROM THAT SO CALLED WOMAN THAT KICKED YOU!!!! HOLY HELL THIS SEASON IS GOING TO BE AWESOME!!! EVERY ONE OF YOU GUYS CAN DO WHATEVER YOU WANT…. DON’T LET STUPID SUBSTANCES KEEP YOU AWAY FROM WHO U REALLY ARE! HELL YEA! ROCK ON FOLKS!!! FUNNY AS HELL…. OH, AND DR. DREW… MMM MMM MMM. :) HUNNY YOU ARE AN ANGEL! BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!!!

5. Wendy says:

First of all; Dr. Drew is hot, hot, hot. Now back to my real comment: I am glad that there is a show that shows the reality of drugs and how uncool they are. I want to congratulate everyone in the show for trying to kick those bad habits. It is very brave of them to come out and do this. I hope that they are even braver to stick with it.

6. LeAnne in California says:

Steve- I see the person that are becoming and I have really grown to like you. You have so much heart and I am glad that you got sober…. You are an inspiration to all of us viewers. I know you have been dealt some really crapy cards by the people that you thought were your friends…. but honestly —- we all have. Maybe it wasnt a rock band for me but the crowd I was in (including my family) was all on drugs and when that happens… there is no loyalty. Only evil and deciet. I am sorry man, but we all share your pain…. we have all been there.

Tawney— Keep up the good work and congradulations on getting your sleep!

All of you are an inspiration to me. I know that if you all can do it then I can do it too. I am not sure that I could handle all of the money and fame and come out of it alive and definately not sober.

I see you all as people and not stars. I can only imaginan the Hollywood is not an easy place to be sober in.

Dr. Drew….. What ever you are doing – its working. Keep up the good work. I have learned a lot from you.

Gary – I think you need a mental hospital instead….. someplace that can really monitor your medical needs. Good luck to you….. One day at a time.

7. Timothy says:

Steven, I LOVE YOU brother . . . Hang in there. The Best Days are Almost Here . . . and to all the rest of the gang, KEEP TRYING, DONT GIVE UP !

8. Maureen says:

Rodney,

You can tell that your are such a genuine person in the first 10 minutes of knowing you. You alone need to make that decision of weither or not your an addict. But you won’t have to do it alone!
    There is alot support around you and I hope you will be able to recognize them. You can definately do this!!

9. Maureen says:

Rodney,

Hang in there! You are such a genuine person. You alone can only decide that you want to get clean, but you don’t have to do it alone. There is alot of support out there and I can tell your are truely loved by your family.

You can do this I’m sure!