Kid Rock Storytellers: Sneak Peek!

Kid Rock loves a good romp, and a few weeks ago, just outside of Nashville, he gathered up his Twisted Brown Trucker band and spent the evening recording songs both old and new for an episode of VH1 Storytellers. That’s the show that delivers the artistic backstory, with stars explaining a bit about their songs’ genesis – you really get a feel for what goes into the creative process. Kid, of course, has been riding high this year. His Rock ‘n’ Roll Jesus CD found its way into lots of record collections. His “All Summer Long” dominated the radio during the last few months. His entire song catalog finally became available for download exclusively at Rhapsody.

VH1 Storytellers is set to premiere on Thanksgiving day, November 27 at 9 pm ET. Watch him bounce through “All Summer Long” from the show in the above clip.

And below you’ll find a special glimpse of another Storytellers track, as well as the show’s entire set list.

Check out a photo gallery of Kid Rock through the years.

KID ROCK STORYTELLERS SET LIST
Bawitdaba (with choir)
Devil Without A Cause
Lowlife
America The Beautiful
American Bad Ass
So Hott
Picture
Half Your Age
Roll On
Only God Knows Why
Bad, Bad Leroy Brown
Midwest Fall
Medley (Forever/Cocky/What I Learned)
If I Was President
Amen (with choir)
All Summer Long
This Little Light of Mine
Rock ā€˜nā€™ Roll Jesus

Related Content:

Kid Rock Videos & Interviews in Box Set

Kid Rock Answers Some Fan Questions

1. millionaireloves.com says:

It is interesting, but too slow

2. T-N-T says:

ME BO, WILL ALWAYS ROCK THE HOUSE DOWN WITH ANY SONG THAT HE INQUIRES HIMSELF IN WITH THE FAITH OF THE GODS THAT RELINQISH THIS WONDERFUL GIFT OF SONG.
    KEEP JAMMIN HUNNY

3. Kelly Ramon says:

I am so excited tosee,Storytellers with Kid Rock! Always proud to hear someone give detroit the respect it deserves.

4. Lisa says:

Kid Rock ALWAYS puts on a great show!

5. fearlessleader1 says:

I was there in the front row and even got a kiss from him! The storytellin was an awesome show i have seen him many times before but this was better than a concert cause you more up close and personal! great job vh1 and kid rock you are the greatest and the rockin roll jesus album just tells the world the truth and how life really is. Keep up the great work we love you KID!!!!!!

6. kat says:

the set list looks great, I can.t wait to see him. I love him soooooo much, have seen him in Atlantic city, Phila, and Reading…. I don’t think people know how damn good he is! thanks for having him on!

7. underjack says:

Since Kid Rock has expanded his musical tastes to more country rock. I am hookied on All Summer Long and Roll On. A master IMHO, and I am a 59 year old rock and roller! Keep rockin’Kid!

8. underjack says:

Nice to hear some great mix of rock from the old guys music by the Kid. I am a 59 year old rocker, went to school outside Deetroit I can relate to Roll On.His music is the best when he plays the tunes that are not the old foul mouthed hip hop/rap. Hope he keeps it going.

There is not much in new music for us old rockers from the Woodstock generation. All Summer Long can click with even us old guys and gals.

Keep it going Kid! You are the best!

9. jennady ann says:

Kid Rock….Detroit represent………can’t wait to see…..put Detroit city back on the map 4 sure….

10. joebates says:

cant wait for this show…it looks damn good…kid rock aways puts it down for you..never seen him live..but when he rolls threw ny i will see him…

11. B T B says:

kid rock ROCKS

12. Happy says:

I was really disapointed I felt they took to much out & way to many commercials they should of made it 2 hours

13. Christina & Brian says:

Kid Rock is the ‘real deal’. This guy is so cool and so legit. We’ve been to three of his performances and he is so fresh you can’t help but like him. Pam, you let Mr. Right get away; you are too superficial to realize it. Oh well, you didn’t deserve him anyway! Keep rocking Kid Rock…you are one of our favorite artists of all time.

14. Chris says:

VH1 would make alot of money if they put the complete setlist on DVD/ BLU-RAY and sold it!

15. stephanie says:

It was the best Thanksgiving ever!!!!!!! But I wish they played your whole set list ?Like only god knows why? Or Low life.It was still awesome !!!I can’t get enough of u kid rock. I love U!!!

16. Kathy Koljesky/Ungermah says:

Just wanted to know if Kid Rock was ever in Lake Hiawatha or Parsippany, in the 1970′s, and new about the egg trick? Also if he knew of a carnivale in Parsippany, in Rickles parking lot? I was just wondering, and if he does, wish him the best for me, I am not looking for anything, I am just happy for him, and he did it, if I’m wrong sorry.
    Best of luck, Love your music, bought your last dvd ( almost said Album) and my daughter of 12 loves it, she even stole it form me. You deserve it all!
    Knoll Gardens, Grace Rd.