That Metal Show Kicks Ass on VH1 Classic

It pays to listen when music zealots are spouting off – it’s fun to get caught up in their passion. That’s what happens on VH1 Classic’s new That Metal Show. A handful of hard rock loonies unite to banter about their favorite subject matter. Eddie Trunk, Jim Florentine, and Don Jamieson host a roundtable chat that frequently finds itself spilling out into the streets and towards concertville (be there when they chase down Van Halen). The first volley of guests includes everyone from Lita Ford to Yngwie Malmsteen to Dee Snider.

The above clip gives you a taste of what’s what on TMS, which has been called a mix of Headbanger’s Ball and The Man Show. It premieres tomorrow night, Saturday, November 15 at 11pm ET on VH1 Classic. Turn it up to 11 and be there.

Related Content
Watch the 40 Greatest Metal Songs Playlist

1. Betsy says:

I’m watching Metal Maina now (11AM EST VH1C)! WTF!! Way to ruin a good show! Eddie, Jim and Don are BORING are playing hard core metal…not the typical metal music this show used to play. For them to question whether or not Bon Jovi should be included in Metal Mania, further emphasizes the downfall of this once quality show. I used to look forward to Metal Maina every Saturday. Now I’ll just watch some of the older episodes that I taped. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Please go back to the way this show used to be…just good metal / hard rock videos from the 80′s with no DJ’s.

2. Terri says:

Im sorry but this show BLOWS.. And not in the good way. Whatever happened to the good old METAL MANIA ( back in the bad MM..) this redone format sucks. SORRY VH1 Classic.

3. jan says:

hey yall know david was the best there was know one that could come even close to being good as he was.

4. jan says:

david ,david, david……

5. Rock God says:

LISTEN TO THIS: (four words) ROCK HONORS: LED ZEPPELIN
    and how about some Aerosmith for Classic IN CONCERT
    SAY YES WE CAN

6. puh-lease says:

Are you kidding me? Wearing brand new “vintage” band shirts. Please guys. If you didn’t buy it at the show, don’t wear it. This show has so much potential but it’s obviously been poured over and picked apart in useless meetings by demographics and numbers that have completely stripped it of any personality or authenticity. Not only that, watching that fan get conned into making out with that smarmy host is well enough to guarantee loss of viewership.

bye.

7. Dom says:

Check out their official myspace site at

8. chuck brooks says:

guys if you havent heard of them before you should check out iowas best band ever their name is destrophy get their albums and videos and for sure get them on the show you will not be disapointed they are the real deal.check their myspace ARI IS GOD!!!!!!!!

9. DAR says:

this show might be good if they can leave out the crapy bands like WARRANT AND POISON THESE BANDS DO NOT BELONG IN THE METAL SCENE. BANDS LIKE METTALLICA ,MEGADETH,SLAYER ARE METAL PLAEASE LEAVE OUT THE POSERS

10. DAR says:

i posted a comment earlier were is it ….are the blocking me !!!!!!.WARRANT SUCKS THE SHOW QUOITED SOME LYRICS FROM CHERRY PIE THATS IS SO NOT METAL…

11. Jammn says:

The problem is the producer. They probably have some lame idiot who thinks he knows metal, but needs to be doing some reality show like American Idol.

So don’t beat up the messengers beat up on VH1.

12. john ozzhead1956.tripod.com says:

Hey Eddie,
    I noticed you have a Rainbow Rising album behind you. Please check out my website, it won’t
    take long and i know you will find it very interesting. Just take 5 minutes of your time, read my
    story, check out the photos and e-mail me back. ” PLEASE ”

ozzhead1956.tripod.com

13. val says:

looks good!!But yo check this, there’s this new female group called Unladylike that’s straight FIRE!!!!!! They won a talent search called Music Mega Star last year and they just got signed to Def Jam… You can see their showcase in front of LA Reid on the Music Mega Star website. These girls are dope. This year’s talent search is comin up this weekend Nov 29 & 30th. This joint is official. You can see it at http://www.MusicMegaStar.com. If you got talent you should go ck it out…

14. Tom says:

Hey, I have a suggestion why don’t you talk about black, drone, and Death Metal. Also it seems that you are jaded by VH1 Hair Metal and the Comercial Heavy Metal. I feel that you need to talk about the more “extreme bands” for example Mayhem, Gorgoroth, Amon Amarth, Ect. Also I think that the small sub genre of Folk metal should be recognized with bands like Finntroll, Tyr, Korpiklaani, Turisas, ect. I feel the need for the show to still recognize the classics but focus on the other genres besides Thrash and Heavy Metal.

15. Chris says:

I loved the show.It’s good to see old school metal/hard rock brought back into the light.Please don’t cancell the only good show you have.

16. joel says:

I don’t hear enough talk about Nazareth. I believe they were a great influence in the rock world.
    Plus I would like to find a CD of NO Mean City? Can you help me out here?

17. Jaybone23 says:

This show might be pretty cool if Jim & Don weren’t such complete A-Holes!!! But I don’t get it. There must be hundreds of good, legit Metal bands, old & new, that would love the exposure of being on this show, and all they could get are HAS BEENS!!! Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE Lita, Dee, and Ing-Vay, but COME ON!!! You couldn’t shake things up by getting MUSTAINE?

18. Crash says:

hey eddie im a big gnr fan well of slash and duff anyway whats your take on the new guns n roses album or should i say rose album even though its going a totally different direction its still good in my opinion whats your take on it if your not afraid of being sued by axl oh im sorry did i say that out load anyway what your thoughts

19. rg says:

Ed,
    40+ metal head here. Whoever is the producer of this show, drop kick them in the &&&)&~~)+~!@$+! NOW. If you really believe metal/hard rock needs to be taken seriously, then tweak this show: 1) dump the laugh track, 2) lay off the campy )&^(%$`+)_(%&#$_ ing jokes, and 3) banish Yngwie.

On the upside, the Twisted Sister show was quite good. Masters Snyder and French are always good for showing the rest of the world that you can ROCK and still have a brain.

Rick

p.s. any chance of getting Rush on the show?

20. Mitch Cook says:

How do I get the Heavy Metal Box set?

21. Mark says:

It’s a good show with a lot of potential (and I’m not just saying that because I was in the audience for the first five episodes!) It will take time to find its rhythm and work out the kinks. My suggestions: mix older artists (Lita, Yngwie, Twisted are all great) with newer artists (Lamb of God, Avenged, etc) to widen the appeal. And instead of talking so much (which is great on radio), how about getting the bands to play live in the studio (even an acoustic thing would be good). Cut the comedy sketches (thankfully they did for the Twisted episode), and add more audience participation (Stump the Trunk is cool). I’m glad to hear it’s been renewed for a second season.

22. dennis says:

hey is this show on saturday at 11 pm i saw the lita and yngwie show they were both pretty cool the show should be longer and the guests should play a set or two or give interviews at there shows or on the set with eddie even on the tourbus or in a hotel room etc i heard of florintine from crank yankers and opie and anthony but not familiar with the other comic cool guys pretty funny i liked the episode were they take hard rock patrons on a tour of the hard rock anyway cool show cya later headbangers ball sucks lol

23. rob stevens says:

edde and dudes
    what ever happened to faster pusscat?

24. Ray says:

Eddie Trunk has to be the most unmetal guy around WTF!!!!!!!
    Who’s idea was it to have him host a metal show ?
    For metal sake get someone who looks metal, Trunk looks like he should be hosting the Micky Mouse
    Club or something or be the president of the Jonas Brothers fan club.
    And when it comes to metal knowledge my 85 year old grandpa knows more that’s sad.
    Somebody at VH1 needs to rethink that metal show and find a better host.

25. BRIAN says:

ON THE FIRST METAL SHOW EDDIE TRUNK TALKED ABOUT A NEW SCORPIONS DVD.WHAT IS THE NAME OF IT AND WERE CAN I GET IT?

26. Laura Coats says:

What do you all think of the new u & coming Metal band Black Tide?

27. Mark K says:

I wish the show showed more value. Eddie clearly is not the metal guru and as such the whole Stump the Trunk thing is ridiculous already. They also know little to nothing about modern metal. I love the classics and hate bands like Lamb of God, Avenged Sevenfold but there are a ton of really good modern metal bands out there. I wish they could find some way to make this more contemporary. As of now its pretty poor. A laugh or two, some quick surface debating, promotion of old artists’ new products, and an aged group of guests talking about old times. This show needs a lot of help.

28. Tone says:

Alright Mark K., them’s fightn words, lol. Lamb of God is one of the most bad (!^(`!!_^@$()$@ bands….ever. Avenged Sevenfold is pretty good too, the new album is ok. But reguardless, how dare you insult the amazingness (real word, i made it up) that is Lamb of God. Great tech-metal mixed with thrash (I’m not even a big thrash guy myself). Randy’s vocals, the biggest problem I hear about the band. You either like him or you don’t. But musically, you are an idiot or tone deaf if you don’t think Mark, Chris, and the rest of the musicians are amazing.

Old metal sux for the most part, would consider is soft rock today. Come on, no double bass drums, chunky guitars, and a fat bass guitar. I like Iron M., Ozzy’s fun to listen to, Metallica is bad (!^(`!!_^@$()$@ will give you that. Kiss is a bad a s band to. Bands I’m not a fan of today are like Nile, Slayer, and most black metal and thrash, its all noise. (I’m gonna get flamed for this I know it lol.) Metal core is probably my favorite genre in the metal field, followed close by the new wave of american metal, Lamb of God however is the most bad (!^(`!!_^@$()$@ band to walk the earth. You can have you Bob Dylan and The Who, I’ll keep me LoG!!!! (jk) ;-p

29. kc says:

Congrats on the Ingvie’ Episode! It was best episode yet, keep it up!

30. ironman1 says:

this show kicks ###++!^^+!`@(*% I can’t wait to see it again. I laughed my ###++!^^+!`@(*% off.

31. J Suffers says:

Eddie was sorta right on the episode with Twisted, it was Hetfield’s guitar tech that took over rhythm duties after he got burned, his guitar tech was John Marshall the guitarist for Metal Church. Just thought I’d clear that up

32. metal rules!!!!!!!!!! says:

this is the best metal show ever made .it shows compasion and great info on bands not heard in awhile. metal rules

33. Steve Barth says:

Love the show guys but… Please, slow down, relax. It seems too rushed and fragmented. Make it an hour and give us more of the same. Oh, but no more Cherry Pie readings.
    Thanks, a fan.
    Steve in Salt Lake City

34. Michael says:

This show ROCKS.. LOVE IT. im in love with this program. Please dont stop… More! More! More!

35. n. says:

This show is an absolute joke. I would prefer if the name were changed to something that did not include the word Metal because this show is nothing of the sort. Most of the bands discussed are of the hard rock genre and there’s really no arguing this (Kiss, Twisted Sister, Rainbow, etc); Maybe some of these artist’s have metal ties but there not metal by any means. The show treats the genre that it is supposed to be covering like something of the past with complete neglect for the extreme forms that are living and breathing still today. Stop making this show is sound and look like a Eulogy at the funeral for a type of music that once was; The show segments are in fragments and rushed as already pointed out by previous posters, the concept is obviously flawed considering the lack of attention that metal music actually gets on a show that is supposedly “the place for all the is hard rock and heavy metal.” -What would we fans do if we did not have such a show of this nature.

36. ANDY says:

Metal Rules!!! Love the show!!

37. TQRNR says:

Regarding the Priest vs. Maiden segment of Battle of the Brits.
    The winner should obviously been Iron Maiden. They’ve EASILY had the bigger impact on metal overall… there are a zillion examples of this, but I’ll list just this one which hits close to home for That Metal Show: take a look at your own *($_`^#^@`)%#+#( in’ “Battle of the Brits” logo… it’s in MAIDEN’S FONT!!!! UP THE IRONS!!!

38. tommy lee long says:

The show only needs one host (Eddie Trunk). It needs to be an hour long. No b.s. games like “stump the Trunk” or Throwdown” . We metal fans don’t play games. Enough with the bubble gum and Hair spray rock. Who cares about that crap. Get Kerry king on the show. Wheres venom? carcass, arch enemy, obituary, real metal bands. Show us some real lead guitar shot outs. Yngwie against George Lynch, that kind of thing. Show us their stage guitar rig. How about a drum off. Get deep into real metal, who does it and how it works. If your going to call it “that metal show” then by god bring it.

39. caleb swing says:

I love this show this show is the best show Ive seen about metal in a while and I like hearing about all of the great classic metal and hard rock bands but would like to here more about more modern metal bands such as slipknot disturbed a7x three days grace if possible and would like know what you think about modern metal bands and how they compare with older ones you guys rock from Caleb at Nashville TN

40. mw says:

Great show! Nice to see something “Metal” on t.v. My only suggestion is to make it an hour show; I’d like to hear more from the guests. I’m sure they have many stories to tell and opinions to express.
    Up the ~#*)(_*$`~&!(^%% in’ irons!!

41. jeramy says:

So where exactly is the metal? This seems to be about old broke down metal that isn’t relevant at all.

42. Tom D says:

A great topic would be to pay tribute to Jason Becker who was, arguably, the best guitar player in the rock/metal genre and suffers from ALS-Lou Gehrig’s Disease-and still composes today. His latest album “Collection” features heavy hitters like Vai, Satriani, Firkins et al to play in his stead. Bottom line is that he was and continues to be a contributor to the genre and is an inspiration to many. Just a thouhgt…TD

43. Mike Hughes says:

It is New Year’s Eve. I am a middle-aged rocker. That metal show is the Oprah of Metal. There is no other. How cool that my generation finally has something to call it’s own “talk” show. I found myself talking to the show and my TV the other night when it was declared that “Tawny (Ican’t control my diva temper) Kitaen was hotter than Cherry Pie Bobbie Brown, Bobbi was my wet dream girl when I had a Jack Blades perm and rocked in a garage band (before reality seeped in and I became a responsible dad and husband). And maybe I spelled Bobbi wrong, but in my fantasy, she is “Bobbi with a heart over the I” ROCK ON Eddie Trunk et al.

Mike

44. JOE IN TEXAS says:

WHAT ever happened the trio called the rods,and also the gods.underated metal-hard rock.these bands rock. thanks, joe.

45. Brian in Kennesaw, GA says:

That Metal Show is the greatest. As a 80′s rock teen, I enjoy the topics and seeing the artist that appear on the show. VH1 should consider a full hour clip so that perhaps some of the artist have the cpportunity to perform.

46. Beautiful Dark band says:

Does anybody know where to get the t-shirt Jim was wearing during the Alex Lifeson/Geddy Lee of RUSH interview episode? It said “The Binbes” and had an X crossing out the METALLICA logo in red. I can’t find a band or the word anywhere online. I think the shirt is brilliant and also wonder is Lars had seen it and sued whoever the brilliant mind was that created it.

Thanks for any info!
    THAT METAL SHOW kicks !+(_`_+*`($&&$~ LAUREN~
    Beautiful Dark

47. Beautiful Dark band says:

PLEASE DO A SHOW ON JASON BECKER! He is and always will be a brilliant musician. His new CD is AMAZING.

THANKS!
    ~L~
    Beautiful Dark

48. Grinder says:

What a terrific show! I hope this is brought back for another season. The hosts have the EXACT SAME love and opinions of old and new heavy metal as mine, and I was one of the original metal-heads growing up in the 80′s and watching original Iron Maiden open for Judas Priest, Metallica in small bars with Mustaine still in the band, Venom, Krokus, Sabbath. It brings back some great memories! And the T-shirts. I almost fell out of my chair when Jim had that Rose Tattoo shirt on. I remember when I bought Rock N Roll Outlaw WAY back around 1980 and played it to death. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! And Trunk may not look like it (neither do I) but he knows his metal and is a true fan. No reason to beat up on the guy. I like him.

49. Roeby says:

THAT METAL SHOW IS “My New Favorite show” JIM, you are friggin hilarious! and DON is great too. This may hurt a little BUT, so is EDDIE! Keep Them Rockin! PEACE!

50. emily says:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE have ALICE COOPER on your show!!! I watch it EVERy sat!!!

51. irma says:

EDDIE THE GUYS FROM CHEARS CALLED THEY WANTED TO KNOWN IF YOU WOULD FILL IN FOR NORM.

52. Joel says:

the show is cool when they have real metal musicians, but for the most part all they talk about is the popular side of metal. I guess black, death, real thrash isn’t part of metal?

53. Brian says:

THE SHOW REALLY SUCKS! I love metal and you guys are totally butchering what this show could be. All you ever talk about is older bands like Maiden and Judas Priest, which are essential to metal but you don’t talk about modern metal bands. Today 3/23/09 i watched the latest episode and heard Eddie compare Pantera to Metallica. SHUT THE F**K UP DUDE!!! I know he co-produces the show but he really doesnt need to be on it! He rarely ever answers any of the questions and isnt a proper host for this show. The show would be “More Metal” if: 1)the hosts had long hair and didn’t look like Hollister posers! 2)the show was more agressive and a little less +&_`!*!&~&!)^!!~& 3)the hosts talked about more modern metal bands and different types of metal. 4)show some metal music videos!!!
    I’m very suprised the show has made it a second season. If VH1 wants a metal show call it “METAL UP YOUR ~@+#$^(!!(&@)!_ or somethin vulgar! not something that was derived from “That 70′s Show” Just something to think about.

54. daniel ducey says:

I just finished watching the latest edition of That Metal Show… One topic was witch CD was most heavier Pantera’s “Vulger Display of Power” or Slayer’s “Reign in Blood”.. What a &(^#%#+!$$#%&~(# n joke..Everyone, with the exception of Eddie Trunk voted Pantera’s “Vulger Display of Power”… &(^#%#+!$$#%&~(# n Unbelievable..Eddie made a good point. Even today, Slayer would never be the opening act for anyone…

55. 50lb Head says:

Why would anyone ever consider Extreme a metal act? Seriously folks. This show is becoming more and more of a joke

Two of the hosts actually prefer new-Metallica over classic Metallica. Check thier setlist

56. foley says:

in reference to the van halen vs. rhodes, a fair comparision would have been suicide solution vs. eruption. and someone made the statement that there would be no rhodes without van halen i think it was the guy that is supposed to be funny…r.rhoades was a music teacher at his mothers school at 16years old and studied classical music all of his career.. his influenses date back further then eddie…..have you heard of mozart,paganini or bach? i think they play a big role in randy’s style..love your show

57. vulgar display of power says:

stop with all the )^()!*`*^#+*^+%^ ty hair metal bands

58. Sandro says:

Hey guys awesome show…. I do have a complaint, the episode with Anvil you did a segment on Savatage, You failed to mention to the world that JON OLIVA is Savatage, and TSO, he has an amazing solo project Jon Oliva,s Pain going on right now and is in the studio doing his 4th album.

59. jason says:

i just want to thank you guy’s for showing me all the kick @$`$)($@$^~)^`+ metal i was missing , of course you got main stream like ozzy,metallica,ac/dc, who all kick @$`$)($@$^~)^`+ but i did not know about bands like accept,anvil, motor head and i just want to say thank you for showing all us young metal heads out there about all the kick @$`$)($@$^~)^`+ metal that is out there that we missed cause we came a little late to live it but be cause guy’s like my dad and you guy’s letting me know about the doors and sabath along with zepplin,and all the others they will live on for many years to come long after they are gone keep up the good work!!!

p.s.eddy i know how smart you are and would love if you keep getting answers just so we can see miss box of junk!!!!!!go miss junk ya!ya!ya!

60. neurosisofdeath says:

This show really blows. Its just about the most un-Metal thing thats ever existed. All they do is talk to and about lame hard rock bands. And when they do actually discuss real Metal, they never discuss anything after thrash!! What are Doom, Death, Black, Sludge, Stoner, and Progressive not Metal? Or is it that the hosts have no understanding of what Metal is. Shame on these morons for making such a piece of crap. I really hope this show gets cancelled soon. Long live the underground where real METAL flourishes.

61. Paige says:

Hey i love the show. Just wondering, maybe you guys could give chicken foot some props? Like the song soap on a rope. Check out there myspace its got a couple new of there new songs. How about Michael Anthony vs Robert Trujilio? Cant wait to see the new show saturday!

62. Donovan says:

What the hell is going on tonight on metal mania? Why is there so much crappy songs on there. Those songs should NOT even be consitered metal!!!!!!!!! We want some real metal!!!!!!!!!!!

63. Theo says:

Just a question to that’s metla show.

What happend to the band Keel?

Thank, from Puerto Rico

64. Scott G says:

Love the show! Just watched the Heaven and Hell episode. Can’t wait for more. Thanks guys…

65. william etheridge says:

what ever happened to riot,or grim reaper.i used to love those bands when i was at the beach,and i think i turned alot of people on to them as well in miami,i was 16 i think at the time…i was still a metal head by far,and now im still a metal head.i also miss my friends that were with me during the days!

66. rob gibson says:

eddie trunk, what ever happen to george lynch. who i think is 2nd to eddie van halen.

67. rob gibson says:

also can i get a tshrit?

68. rob gibson says:

what ever happen to george lynch? who i though was 2nd to eddie van halen. and i get a t-shirt? and eddie have you ever heard of shooting star from kansas city? they never made it big. but a great band.

69. Sandro says:

Hey guys what ever happened to Jake.E.Lee. Not only does Jon Oliva (savatage, TSO) have his solo project Zak Stevens is also doing a solo project called Circle to Circle.

70. butch says:

what ever happened to Accept

71. Tammy Wilkinson says:

I’m new to Vh1 but been catching That Metal Show and Id like to ask what ever happened to the band STEELHEART?

72. Tammy Wilkinson says:

I’m new to Vh1 and I’ve been catching the show. Pretty cool. Got a question though, What every happened to STEELHART??

73. ThatMetalShow says:

To response to joel, if they did cover genres like death, thrash, black, then why stop there, power, etc. lets just leave it to metal/hard rock, where the real music is.

74. mitch cranfill says:

eddie what was the name of the group that gary cherone and paul geary where in before extreme called.my 10 year old son and 12 year old love your show we are big fans of you n show if i stump you please send them rock band lost my job got hurt and cant work any more ty

75. mitch cranfill says:

the name of the group was called the dream i hope we got you.

76. andre says:

whit ever happen to the band sleeze beeze are they still around ps i love the show keep up the good work

77. jon says:

what ever happened to rough cutt????????

78. Fred Chiaro says:

Eddie wasnt stumped when asked what song did “rainbow” use an orchestra. The questioner said it was ‘stargazer’ which is wrong. A song rainbow had w/orchestra would be “weiss heim” from Finyl Vinyl.

79. Curtis says:

OK Jim…what the hell is under that bandaid? A scar? A big black hairy mole? A turkey gobbler? A tick that would not let go? Your little brother? Please show us…or at least tell us what is under there!!!!

80. Laura says:

Guys,
    Love the show! Originally from Freehold, NJ (NOT a Bonjovi fan; he sucks then and now) What ever happened
    to that great, hair band from the 80′s (and South Jersey) Cinderella? Additionally, has the cast/promoters/etc.. ever considered helping those fellow metal maniacs that are experiencing truly horrific and dismal economic uncertainties? I would like to think that all the special guests that appear have a heart (and wallet). Why not organize a special funding that each guests has an OPTION of contributing in the efforts to “Help a HeadBanger”? Just a thought (don’t steal my thunder/idea – please)
    P.S.
    My email has been disconnected due to insufficient funds so any contact would have to be done via mail.
    I’m sure your webmaster can navigate the internet to find my mailing addres

81. Destructofunk says:

The correct answer to the which album is a meaner album Slayer’s Reign in Blood or Pantera’s Vulgar Display of Power is REIGN IN BLOOD!!!!!! Hands down….. Furthermore WTF were they thinking asking that question to a audience that was there for Extreme???? I’d bet at least two thirds of that audience has never even listened to a Slayer or Pantera album all the way through voluntarily and Gary of Extreme said he never listened to Slayer(something to be said for honesty.Nuno in a display of sheer ignorance(probably scared to admit he didn’t listen to Slayer either)called Reign of Blood “typical” of early thrash…. there was nothing typical about Reign in Blood it was ahead of its time in 1986 if it was typical to Nuno it was cause everyone who was anyone in that subgenra was trying to measure themselves by that standard.Why do you think Dimebag was nervous about meeting Kerry King for the first time?? Slayer influenced Pantera’s developing sound through the 80′s and their major label debut Cowboys from Hell in 1990 wouldn’t have been the same without that influence.The question “which is meaner” taken on just face value isn’t argueable either simply on song subject matter one song in particular “Angel of Death” wins it hands down, period.Eddy if I ever had any doubts… you got this one right while everyone else made a trip into moronville, their answers showed nothing but sheer ignorance.How about a show about the really heavy bands? Just don’t ask people like me who’s better? Extreme or Poison you won’t like the answer you get.

82. Dan Gardner says:

Hey guys,loved your show at Donnington on the road. For your next season you need to have an hour long show & have live performances added to your format. It would make for a better show!!

83. dfulmer says:

Where is Ansley Dunbar now days?

84. dfulmer says:

Where is Ansley Dunbar now days? What are future plans?

85. BILLY says:

HELLO HEADBANGER’S,CAN SEASON 2 FINALLY CATCH UP WITH REAL METAL BANDS FROM TODAY???I’LL EVEN SETTLE FOR 90′S BANDS,LOL,WHY DON’T YOU EVER TALK ABOUT ANY GREAT METAL BANDS SUCH AS GODSMACK,SLAYER,WHAT IS GOING ON WITH ZAKK WYLDE?I HEARD THAT OZZY IS THINKS NOW WHEN ZAKK WRITES SONGS THERE SOUND TO MUCH LIKE BLACK LABEL SOCIETY AND IS THINKING ABOUT GETTING A DIFFERENT GUITARIST???THAT WOULD SUCK BIGTIME,NO-ONE WILL EVER BE ABLE TO MAKE SONGS FOR OZZY THAT WOULD BE BETTER THAN ZAKK,THAT IS FOR SURE,RIGHT!!!!!SEEE IF YOU CAN FIND OUT MORE AND LET US KNOW.ONE LAST THING ,CAN’T WE HEAR WHAT THE NEW SINGER IS GOING TO SOUND LIKE IN ANTHRAX???UNLESS I MISSED IT.I SAW FRANK BELLO SITTING THERE BUUT HE REALLY DIDN’T SAY ANYTHING WE DON’T ALREADY KNOW,LOL,LOL,KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK GUYS,BILLY!!!!

86. BILLY says:

HELLO EDDIE,CAN YOU TALK OR PLAY ANYTHING NEW LIKE BLACK LABEL SOCIETY AND I EVEN HEARD THAT ZAKK MIGHT NOT BE THE GUITARIST FOR OZZY ANYMORE BECAUSE HIS NEW STUFF HE WRITES FOR OZZY SOUNDS TOO MUCH LIKE BLACK LABEL SOCIETY???SO SEE IF THERE IS ANY TRUTH TO THAT???HE SAID SOMEONE’S NAME AND I THINK HE MENTIONED SLASH AS HIS NEW GUITAR BUDDY?WILL SURE WILL SEE JUST HOW GOOD SLASH IS FOR OZZY BUT HE IS SOOO DIFFERENT I DOUBT IT WILL WORK,YOU KNOW.WE SHALL SEE????THIS WILL BE THE FIRST SUMMER THAT WILL NOT HAVE AN OZZFEST WHICH I THINK THEY HAD EVERY AWESOME BAND FROM ALL OZZFEST SHOWS RIGHT UP TO THE REUION SHOW WITH SLAYER,JUDAS PRIEST AND ALL THE ORIGINAL PLAYERS FOR THEM AS WELL AS BLACK SABBTH,YOU KNOW THEY SHOULD OF QUIT RIGHT AT THE PEAK.THE VERY BEST OZZFEST EVER,YOU KNOW.SINCE THEN IT JUST DOESN’T HAVE THAT CHARGE YOU GET WHEN YOU GOTO SEE OZZFEST ANYMORE AND THE WORST ONE WAS FREE,SO YOU KNOW IT HAS GOT TO SUCK,LOL,I NEVER HEARD OF NOT 1 BAND EXCEPT OZZY OUT OF 50 BANDS,NOW THAT IS SAD,LOL,LOL,!!!!!!!!!!!!!SEE YA ,BILLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

87. Dan says:

On one of your shows a woman asked in “Stump the Trump”, Who replaced Klaus Mein of the “Scorpions” when his voice failed him. She said that the singer of Winger replaced him. And you didn’t get it right. So she won a prize. She was sooooo wrong. I happen to read and article with Rudy Schenker and he said that they would NEVER replace Klaus because he is not replaceable. That they would find a cure for his voice and they did. By the way Mr. Trump one of my favorite groups happens to be UFO. ever since I saw them open for Rush on UFO’s Lights Out tour and it was Rush’s Farewell To Kings LP. I don’t get why UFO never made it big because they have so many incredible songs. Yours Truely, Dan

88. kim reshetar says:

This show is great ! I love it and the hosts! I want a that metal show t shirt

89. Patrick Collins says:

Could the boys PLEASE track down DAVE MENIKETTI , and find out
    what the heck is up with the mighty Y & T !!!!!!
    They were absolutly one of my favorite bands back in the day, they were way ahead of their time ! If you loved Y&T also….
    P O S T !

90. Patrick Collins says:

Yo ! what ever happened to Dave Meniketti and Y & T ????
    Reunion ?? Get Dave on the show Now Dammit ! lol

91. Wolff E John says:

you can and you have to make this show better. i just watched the end of a show ,where the hosts and two super laim i don’t even know who they were guests voted on a better album.pantera vulgar display, and the all mighty SLAYER REIGN IN BLOOD .REIGN IS MEANER ,EVILER’,SICKER JUST FU@^*N BETTER.THE TWO LAIM GUESTS ,ONE SAID HE NEVER LISTENED TO SLAYER , IS THAT `!^$)^$~)#@$&&_ IN A METAL BAND AND NEVER LISTEN TO SLAYER ?LISTENING TO SLAYER SHOULD BE A PRE-REQUEZIT,FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO BE IN A METAL BAND !!!!!NOW ON TO BETTER SHOWS . WHERE IS THE METAL ON THIS METAL SHOW .YOU SHOULD BE HAVING TOM G WARROIR OF THE LATE MORE THAN GREAT CELTIC FROST ,HELLHAMMER .OR BANDS LIKE NAPALM DEATH , SIX FEET UNDER , OBITUARY OR MORBID ANGEL .NOW WERE TALKING FU*^IN METAL !!!!!COME ON GUYS ,THIS IS YOUR ONE OPPURTUNITY TO SHOW THESE UNDERGROUND GREATS TO THE WORLD AND HELP THEM OUT WITH A LITTLE MAINSTREEM , NO ? I MEAN WHERE’S DESTRUCTION , VENOM , KING DIAMOND AND MERCYFUL FATE ,METALLICA IS FAMOUS ENOUGH!!!!BUST OUT WITH SOME GNARLY DEATH OR BLACK METAL BANDS YA’ KNOW ? OR DON’T YA ? FROM A VERY NERVOUS METAL FAN WHO DOES NOT WANT TO SEE THIS GREAT MUSIC GO AWAY !!!!!!!LONG LIVE BATHORY !!!!!!!!!LATER.

92. linda frederick says:

i love anvil, but i think what they need is a lead singer like for iron maiden or journey, with that they would be spectacular and deserving of all the hard work they have done. god bless them.

93. Dave Watson says:

What ever happened to Eric Moore,frontman and bass player of the band “THE GODZZ”? p.s. You guys need me bad. I am the former Doctor Death!!! I worked the metal seen here in the midwest from 1981 until 1993. Have I got some stories!!! Contact me, it will be ablast!!!!! The Doctor!!

94. scott l. says:

i love that metal show. when is vh1 going to release these episodes on dvd.

95. denisoncane says:

happy halloween fellow metal heads! thot it fitting to write on this date. i like the show. always room for improvement. live performances 4 example. overall entertaining tho. wondering if lita and gargantua were really a surprise…how lucky u r if it really was. hey and was that geddy and alex i saw in the chairs for this sat.nite. i mite have to put down my candy and devil punch amongst other recreations this halloween to check that out! so many of gr8 old bands id love to know what happend to ufo, saga(i know not metal)spys, fastway, deathspit, talis(i know where sheehan is), brother cane, just to name a few. well later guys have a gr8 halloseve. keep rockin every1!!! cdm69

96. ronnie g. says:

what ever happened to les binks judas preists first drummer?and get michael schenker on the show will ya.that would be pretty cool.keep rockin you guys are the !+^)#^%~`)(()#$)

97. Alan says:

Where did they find these clown to host the??? show
    Why dont they get some REAL metal people to host the show SHEEEEEEEEESH!!!!!

98. Jason Bentz says:

Is Metal Mania still on VH1 classic? My DVR series recording is gone and metal mania is on there but you can not record a series recording. It looks like every time it is on it’s a documentary? Anyone out there know if it is still on?

99. gordon thomas says:

please reunite XYZ – terry Ilous vocals, marc diglio guitar, patt fontaine bass, paul monroe drums,- Enigma records producer don dokken. they are great!

100. gordon thomas says:

please unite XYZ, ref. enigma records, Terry Ilous vocal, marc r. diglio guitars, patt fontaine bass, paul monroe drums. producer don dokken Thanks Watch their video of “inside out”

101. ROB says:

Want to say thanks for keeping Metal alive on tv. Could use more show’s on all types of metal. Would like to know what ever happened to Armord Saint?

102. don howard says:

hey guys great show just wanted to know about dokken are they rocken again? were are the boys in the band at?keep the show rocking it awsome thanks agian for getting metal back on the map.

thanks
    Don Howard
    kendallville,indiana

103. brian piper says:

i watch a lot of that metal show i see a lot of gest from alot of bands on the show but you don’t have my band on there or talk about him KING DIAMOND when are you going to have him on the show let me know so i can watch it when you do thanks guys brian piper from bainbride island washington

104. Devlin Mitchell says:

I was just wondering what happened to the band, Slave Raider? Where are the band members now? Will you play a video by them on Metal Mania. Thanks and keep rocking.

Devlin

105. dan says:

K as far as I can see yall hate eachother cuz yall at comercial break just gotta say your part about what comming up next…And dude, no one cares about 70′s scorpions and 80′s scorpions….And what The hell were you thinking handing kery and dave of slayer a copy of “load” to ask them there opinion….what the hell people!..Im a marine and im of of active duty and I cant find a good job being home now, but I tell ya this much…Id do anyting to make the show a real metal show, mainly because I know I can. So please stop making this marine cringe at the wrong things wrong with the show…and if its your producers making the choices…ill probally never hear a peep back on my comment…id beg….but im not a civilian, just give me a chance to take this show to a level that deserves a fighting chance for more than just a couple seasons…metal is what molded me to get through what I did in the marine corps…words…..and slayer is a bible along with old skool megadeath and metallica…and testament and anthraz and many others that metal heads wonder about…oh but wait…yall do nt got someone that can take it to a next level. semper fidelis metal.

106. xman74 says:

How can I get tickets to the show?

107. donaldcoleman says:

what ever hapened the group wasp

108. donaldcoleman says:

what ever happened the group wasp

109. Pam says:

Just wanted to thank Eddie for making 2 older Metallifans happy by snapping pics with us at the MSG show 11/15/09 !! What a great show and a pleasure to meet Eddie !

110. brian carter says:

you guys call yourselves that metal show, yet alls i here about is all your !#)__(@$&#_~“( rock. never once have i heard you twits mention the names TOOL,PERFECTCIRCLE, or DEFTONES or anything like that. you talk about whos going to fill arenas in the future, well TOOL is doing that very thing. what, do they not promote your show so you dont aknowledge those guys? these bands have LEGIONS of fans and those people in your audience are wondering the very samething, i guarantee it. so quit talking about gay rock and start talking about METAL, in case you didnt know UFO is not metal TRUNK!!! eddy your a joke!

111. Motorhead Bob says:

WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO: bass players Michael Hannon of Dangerous Toys, Salty Dog, Hilljack and Eric Moore of THE GODZ?

112. john says:

only show i truly look forward to..couldn’t have a better 3 representing metal…we need to get sponsors to kick in more to turn this into a full hour every week..perhaps a nation wide petition…shoot for a million signatures coast to coast..that should get it rollin..any help i can be let me know..peace brothers

113. roger bennett says:

love your show,keep metal alive… was wondering what ever happened to stryper where are they now?

114. steve scott says:

Hey what’s going with Thor and there great guitar player steve price
    I heard they were touring are putting out some stuff can we get them back.

Lamours east baby

Steve
    Queens

115. Jeff Woods says:

Hey Guy’s Love the show I was wondering what ever happened to Jake E Lee I know he formed Badlands after Ozzy but haven’t heard anything else from him.

116. Angel says:

solo queria agradecerles por su programa, no saben como disfruto el hecho de que todavia hayan personas que se interesen porque el metal siga vivo; me encanta su programa espero que siempre sea asi de bno.
    Metal!!!!!!
    Yeah!!!!!

117. Julie Chase says:

I missed the episode that talked at the end about Keri Leighs death. Please tell me what happened to her. I really liked her on the show, (not so much the new one….too trampy.

118. Kathy says:

I was just wondering if anyone knows what happened to Sandy Saraya? One of the best and over looked female rock singers or our time.

thanks!!

119. Philip Sparks says:

My metal brothers Eddie, Don, and Jim. TMS is the best music show on TV. Although it is a little short on time. You guys talk about Little known bands that I remember from my teens back in the early eighties. Metal,old and new, is the only music that should be legal. So hold the metal torch high and keep giving people the joy of the brotherhood of metal. P.S. Bring back Vinnie Paul. He is one of the coolest dudes ever!!!!

120. Metal Dude says:

To the power to be VH1, on that Metal Show,lets get this show to be 1 hour not 1/2 a 1/2 is just a tease & also you should consider releasing TMS on DVD.

121. terri says:

i cant believe this show is only 30 min. that sucks. all the other repeatitve bs thats on. we only get 30 min. a week of the best show thats been on this channel in 3 to 5 years.

122. terri says:

hey guys. what ever happened to krocus.

123. Mike says:

that metal show sucks, i meam it should be at least an hour show ,the interviews are too short ,stump the trunk needs to bee twice as long,the throw down is ok, i just need more!!!

124. roger says:

I just like to say that the hosts for that metal show are a bunch of $%)$&~@)~%`^+$~+ in #_&&%`!!)$&+`~~@@_ s! ^`_*!!#~$@@`^!!@ allica isnt the best of the big 4,if anythin their the crapiest of them all! MEGADETH if the greatest, Mustaine made thrash and speed metal. First ^`_*!!#~$@@`^!!@ allica kicks mustaine out ( the only good thing they ever did,cuz now we have megadeth ) then still his music. ^`_*!!#~$@@`^!!@ allica were nothin untill mustaine was with them. Slayers music is the same ^`_*!!#~$@@`^!!@ over and over again,just different _%~`@++@_^)_(!` les. Anthrax is a kick %_&^_!^^%&`@++@ band,have nothin against them, but u all just talked bout ^`_*!!#~$@@`^!!@ allica and slaycrap! All those bands need their members to make music, Mustaine does it himself! Mustaine is better than ^`_*!!#~$@@`^!!@ allica, and slayer just sux. Thats why kerry king left megadeth when he did play with them,cuz he couldnt keep up with mustaines playing! I vote that ^`_*!!#~$@@`^!!@ allica should be kicked out of the rock n roll hall of fame and they should inducted the a true musician in Dave Mustaine and the best thrash/speed METAL band ever MEGADETH!!!

125. michael thrailkill says:

Brothers everywhere raise your hands into the air.
    What about MANOWAR? That would be a cool show.Speaking of shows I haven’t seen the show on VH1 on demand lately
    what’s up with that?

126. Jess says:

Hey, I hear a lot about the original band members of Guns N’ Roses… But what about Izzy Stradlin’? What’s he been up to these days? Is he working on any new projects?

Thanks,
    Jess
    Maryland

127. thrailkill says:

In the night you’re the song and the singer
    You can choose what the band’s gonna play
    Write the words under cover of moonlight
    Make some magic with the things that you say
    Together we can kill the day

see you later ronnie
    R.I.P.

128. martin says:

hi that metal show any chance of having john 5 on your show takecare and all the best

129. Chris says:

I think this show kicks (^^_$^&_%*+_@(` and it is great to see Metal music get recognized nationally! I want to know how in the hell do i get a “That Metal Show’ T-shirt?

130. Terry says:

I want to thank you guys for keepin metal alive. Love the show. We metal heads needed it. Just wondering…do you guys like Tool? Dont think ive ever heard you guys talk about them…just courious

131. Ana Carolina says:

Hi guys.I´m from Brazil and I´m watching this second season.Do you know if I can send them an e-mail and how can I do it

132. edward says:

hi guys i´m form colombia and i love your show, im a die hard pantera fan, what ever happen to phil anselmo?

bye guys you are awesome

133. Esteban says:

Hey guys, big fan of the show. I’d really like to know whatever happened to Renato Tribuzy and his project. Not much has been heard from him since the live DVD in Sao Paulo. Greetings from Costa Rica !

134. Chuck says:

Dudes, have on the show, or acknowledge the most underrated band of this genre- Y N T. Love the show.- Chuck

135. Mike says:

UFO UFO UFO UFO –
    We need -U-F-O- on That Metal Show !!!!
    Phil Mogg , Vinnie Moore , Andy Parker , Paul Raymond –
    UFO RULES !!

136. Stuart Ragland says:

Hey Guys
    Just wanted to say THANK YOU for promoting metal/hard rock even though its not the popular thing to do.I absolutely love your show and haven’t missed one yet.You guys keep me informed about what bands are up to and make me laugh my ass off.Continue carrying the metal flag.
    PS Tell Miss Box Of Junk that I want to marry her.

137. DEAN DIMATTIES says:

i wanted to say that metal show rocks i’ve been a fan since it started . keep on rockin

138. john crawley says:

slash is a tool

139. Kiona Q says:

Does any one know where I get a That Metal Show Tshirt? My dad wants one and I need to know soon! Please help me find the shirts on the website!

140. David says:

Thank God for TMS, its about time we got a real show about metal and be able to sit down and seriously discuss all the greatest bands, songs and artists of the greatest genre of music ever and thats Metal. Other forms spout about their styles like country and hip hop but until now Metal was looked upon as a outsider and a non-musical influence. Now with TMS audiences get to see how serious Metal is and How complex it is when it comes to the love of Metal. I grew up in a house hold that loved Country but was introduced to metal in 1980 with my first Album Black Sabbath’s Technical Ecstasy and 30 years later I have a huge appreciation for the music and the Masters of Metal Ozzy, Dio, Dickerson, Halford, Lemmy and Cooper thank God we can still crank these guys up on our IPOD’s and drown out all the other lame stuff out there,

I also love the way Eddie is such a loyal gifted metal head who I am always watching on TMS and astounded by his knowledge of the Craft. We are the best Generation cause we grew up where we got to hear and see the greatest acts ever. Elvis to Michael Jackson and now to Sabbath and more. Its one thing to watch these acts on a DVD or listen to them on the IPOD its a really way better way to actually get to see these Acts before they Passed on to the greatest Rock and Roll Stage ever Heaven.

God is a Metal God and always will be.

God Bless Metal and God Bless the Masters and of all the acts My favorite is and always will be is Dio.

141. Aline says:

Hey, guys!

A heavy kiss from Brasil! We love you!

Do you know Harppia??? Is a great brasilian band!

Bye!!!

142. stevenson502 says:

Why is megadeth so unappreciated dave writes most all the lyrics plus he is one of the best guitarist lets face it metalica has sucked since and justice for all.I have been a megadeth fan since i was 12 and bought a bootleg tape in myrtle beach s.c.so far..so good..so what still one of the best albums of many.

143. Teresa Montes says:

I watch your show all the time with my grand kids gitting them into good music got them all gutiars and drums for christmas after i read steven adler’s book hope it will keep them out of trouble. Keep the show going its the best show ever. Watched it sence the begining. Peace out
    Hippie Grandma

144. randy deer says:

Hey Guys. Whats up with DORO, miss her. Thanks randy

145. blooddrunk94 says:

the top 5 metal albums for metal virgins who have no clue .5 van halen – van halen .4 metalica – master of puppets .3 ozzy osbourne – billazard of ozz .2 slipknot – all hope is gone .5 children of bodom – BLOODDRUNK nothing beats those albums take that that metal show

146. Kenny C Osborne says:

Love your show. Great to see artists you haven’t seen in a while on there. Learn a lot of things I never knew.Keep up the good work. Maybe have your guest answer questions from the audience. Any way keep it metal.

147. This reverse telephone directory be capable of aid locate the owner of every telephone number, as well given that landline numbers, you capacity have possession of. With doing a rearrange search done a company of your choice you be able to get a own the details you require easily and quickly. By means of performing a search you can hit upon things such as the name as well as address of the owner of the mobile phone number, whether the telephone is a landline otherwise cellular phone, supplementary household members, in addition to new.

148. You know,is curiousinformations youtalk.It seems to me thereanother product for that…I can not remember the name…Does anyone see what I mean ?

149. Freddy Metal says:

Hey guys, I love the show!! I was surprised to see that NONE of the 3 of you included Robert Plant in your Top 5 lyricists category. How the mighty Zep didn’t even show-up on at least one of your lists was truly surprising!! I mean, after all, they were the Heavy Metal Gods, correct?!?!
    Anyway, my Top 5 lyricists are as follows: 1) Robert Plant; 2) Ronnie James Dio; 3) Neil Peart; 4) Chris Cornell; 5) Phil Lynott/Phil Mogg (tie). Keep on rockin’!!
    - Freddy Metal

150. roxanne says:

i watch that metal show all the time i love it. for im a true metal head love metal. ihope u can get some more artis on that have not been on. i really enjoyed the axl interview. i know the show is allmost over but cant wait til next sesaon.

151. roxanne says:

HEY GUYS THERE ARE SOME ARTIS I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THEY ARE STILL AROUND. LIKE KROCUS, DOKKON. CINDERALA, IM A 80S CHILD AND 70S U KNOW BTO STEPENWOLF WHICH I GOT TO SEE THEY KICKED ASS BOC ARE THEY STILL AROUND. WOULD LOVE TO SEE IF U CAN GET THEM ON THE SHOW LOVE YOU GUYSAND ALSO KIXS WHERE ARE THEY AROUND STILL. WOULD LOVE TO SEE THEM ON THE SHOW.