Confessions of a Teen Idol – Episode 7 Recap – Don’t Play With My Emotions, Dude

In the wake of some harsh criticism from a group of show business executives the prior day, Jeremy’s still in a tailspin. Will strenuous exercise be the key to figuring out where he fits in to the Hollywood scene?

He resolves to be more chill and more “plain.” Chris tries to convince him the guys only have his best interests at heart.

Jamie and Bill have been jamming and have come up with some actual songs.

Bill’s still in good voice, and Jamie encourages him to record some of the tracks they’ve been rehearsing by the pool.

The fax for the next challenge comes in.

They’re to report to the theater in a matter of hours for a huge audition. Each Idol gets busy pulling together a monologue they’ll perform for a couple of high-level casting directors. Other than that, no pressure whatsoever.

Meanwhile, Chris is taking off again. He’s already gotten a phone call from another Hollywood gatekeeper. He chooses to go to that meeting, and so will miss the audition at the house.

The theme of the monologue they’ve been assigned revolves around a son talking about a father he never knew. Jeremy can identify with this all too well.

He tells the story of his real-life father, who, it turns out, was a heroin addict. After a life of suffering with addiction, he ended up dying in prison. He never knew anything about Jeremy or how far he’d gone in life.

They meet with the casting directors for an exercise in “cold reading.”

I don’t know why I’m so surprised these Hollywood types look like normal people. Valorie looks like my Aunt Joan, I swear, glasses and all. I thought everyone in LA was size zero with fake boobs! I know, I have to stop watching Rock of Love Bus, it’s warping my sense of reality.

David is not happy with the last minute nature of the audition, and lets it be known. Nevertheless, he ends up doing a perfect job. Jeremy, on the other hand, somehow misses the mark again. This time, they tell him he’s too controlled. If only they knew! He sits back and you can tell he’s seething.

Jeremy, the lesson is, put your intensity into the acting, and take it out of your personal life! It’s that simple.

Bill goes for broke again with a monologue he composed himself. He’s crazy with rage and sadness. Then, in the end, he breaks into a little song he sings creepily like a child.

No one can hold back their laughter, because it’s hilarious!

Except Jamie, who seems to be missing the humor gene anyway. We’re laughing with you, Billy, I promise.

That night, Billy, Jamie, and Eric head to a recording studio to work on one of Billy’s tracks.

Eric assures us that although he doesn’t sing, we’re all making music by vibrating. I know what he means, but it’s still a weird thing to say. Billy’s voice is great for capturing an emotion — the song is a hit, at least with Eric, who is on the brink of tears by the end.

Back at the house, it’s time to meet with Cooper and talk about the feedback from that day’s audition. The men tell stories of the roles that got away. Jamie had lost a major role in a Dustin Hoffman film. Eric relates an unbelievable story about a huge role he lost in one of the Batman films, the one with Val Kilmer. It was a role that would have changed his life.

Cooper asks they guys to pretend she’s a casting director and role play some feelings they’d like to express. David talks about an experience he had with a casting director writing emails while he’s auditioning, and how angry that made him feel.

Adrian is back from the cruise ship. He’s just in time to head over and meet acting coach Howard Fine who will help them get their audition skills back on track.

There’s a note to bring an object with sentimental value with them.

In the theater, Howard works with David first. Trying to get David to lessen his self-consciousness as an actor, David’s not hearing it. We haven’t seen David at the brink like this since the first episode when the guys got “punked” by Scott and Jason.

Jeremy takes the stage and talks about his mom’s sunglasses, which he’s brought with him. Howard is trying to fine tune how each actor finds his emotion, and ways to keep their performance authentic. Billy finds his authentic emotion in imagining his little dog has gone. Billy’s Lapsa Apso is who he calls when he is sad. I wonder how his wife feels about that.

Howard tells Jamie to go for some kookiness in his reading. Please god, let him finally do something funny! I can’t take the poker face anymore. But he does manage to make everyone laugh.

David challenges Howard on his techniques. He lets David win the argument, but says, “he who argues for his limitations gets to keep them.” Now, you just mull that over for a while, mister!

The casting directors return to watch the guys perform the monologue one more time. While Jeremy nails his performance, David learns that he needs to somehow channel his anger better. But overall, this episode is a real downer, and with all the crying and talking about absentee fathers, I’m reaching for the Zoloft.

Mercifully, the auditions end, and the Teen Idols all head to the beach to have some fun. Anyone remember fun??

We get to check out Eric in swimming trunks, which definitely raises the spirits.

Oh, and it was great the way everyone reconnected with their inner aritistic muses this week.

Watch the last full episode of Confessions Of A Teen Idol

1. gina says:

please let me know if billy is really record that beautful song.i want to buy it .i think he is great always did keep it up.the song is a hit.

2. Shortcake 313 says:

Why didn’t Eric audition on the episode?

3. smilinzena says:

LISTEN, I HAVE NEVER WATCHED ANY REALITY TV UNTIL THIS FALL, YOU MEN HAVE TAKEN ME ON YOUR JOURNEY WITH YOU AND I HAVE LEARNED SO MUCH ABOUT SELF PRESERVATION AND SELF WORTH. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TRUE GRIT HONESTY WITH YOURSELFS AND EACH OTHER. IT IS REFRESHING BUT ALSO INSPIRATIONAL. I FEEL I AM PART OF YOUR FELLOWSHIP. I AM NOT A CELEBRITY, NEVER WILL BE, I AM A DRUG ADDICT WHO ISOLATES AND DENIES & LIES ABOUT WHAT I AM TO EVERYONE BUT MYSELF. I AM 41 AND LONG AGO ACCEPTED WHAT AND WHO I AM. BUT NOW I AM NOT SO SURE, PERHAPS I CAN BE SOMETHING BETTER. I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST, KEEP INSPIRING THOSE YOU TOUCH. YOUR SOULS ARE GOOD AND I CAN FEEL YOUR POSITIVE ENERGY.CONTINUE TO PUT IT OUT THERE FOR ANYONE WHO NEEDS IT TO GRAB IT. THIS IS WHAT MAKES YOU MY IDOLS AND I HOPE YOU ALL REALIZE THE MANNER IN WHICH YOU ARE TOUCHING OTHER LIVES WITH SO MUCH OPENESS AND SO SELFLESSLY HAS MADE YOU ALL A SUCCESS.

4. Catrina says:

Jeremy, I can see that you are desperately wanting to be accepted back into the position where people “adored” you. You want it so badly that you often try to hard. Just be yourself, lighten up a bit and just have fun.

Billy, I love your attitude I’ve never actually seen fame or heard of you, but I think you have such a wonderful personality.

David, I think if you were just a little more open up to crazy experiances it could help you obtain your desire of being a leading actor.

Adrian, I think you have had great times and terrible times in your acting career. In some ways you don’t want to revisit it, but I can see a little glimmer in your eyes that says you do want to be back in the lime light. Just be positive.

Chris, What I really like about you is that you have a tenderness about you. You seem to take alot in stride and with a grain of salt. I think you tend to be a bit reserved and that is not a bad quality, but you need to be more open if you want to be back in films.

Eric, I really don’t know much about you other than what I have seen here. the best advice I could give would be stay positive even when the tasks you are given are less than desirable.

Jamie, I don’t know much about you as well, I do remember the song you sang though. You have a good personality from what I have seen. I think you have a wonderful voice and you could touch many hearts with your songs.

5. luvkilledjuliet says:

Heylo to all you wonderful guys! I love the show! It’s great to see some familiar faces.
    Now for my personal msgs to all of you.

Christopher: You are just a beautiful man with a beautiful soul. You come off as sweet and sincere. I think you have done wonderful in reminding people who you are and why they loved you. Keep up the good work. You have that Robert Redford charm. I hope I see you in some kind of Love Story soon.

David: I didn’t see baywatch but a handful of times. :-( I wish I had. You are gorgeous and I wish I could see you in an action film. I think you have such a strong energy you’d be great at it!

Jeremy: I did watch baywatch long enough to know your character. You were strong minded even back that which is what made you great. I love to watch you with that energy. It would be great to see you as one of those characters that had there wife and kids killed and you want to avenge there death type films.

Eric: Sorry hun I don’t know you. I wish I did. You are a strong willed man. I’m impressed with your determination to stand by your morals. Your smile, your hair, your attitude I want to see you in something that has cowboys and horses. A drama type film.

Jamie: I love “How do you talk to an Angel” If you only knew how many break-ups that song has got me through. I still have it on my mp3. You’ve got it! All you got to do is believe in yourself!

Adrian: If you never did another thing you’d still be a legend in my mind. I love your positive outlook on everything. The way you carry yourself. I want to see you in comedy. Oh I also got to say this I want to see you on my soap opera too. One Life To Live. But that’s just for my own self satisfaction…lol

Billy, Billy, Billy: Excuse me I was in a fantasy there.lol (Sorry Guys He’s my FAVE)
    I was about 6 I think when I seen you on Fame. You look even hotter now! I love how you smile. The song “Better Man” had me in tears. It was so good. I look forward to it being released. I didn’t even know you could sing. I would love to tell you I want to see you in a Love/Drama film but with a talent for writing/singing I want more of that. Maybe you could do a film about a singer songwriter! Some woman out there is very lucky!

Final Note: Guys I know you have all been through Hell and Back BUT don’t let it own the rest of your life. The Men you were when Fame all started is still within you! It’s time to forgive and go on! Life’s too short to try to change mistakes that can’t be changed! A truly sorry person learns from the mistakes they made and tries like Hell to not make them again. We’re human were not perfect and we are not supposed to be. Love to all you! I’ll be watching and waiting for what I know you are all capable of!

6. ToniBGood says:

I love this show! I didn’t know all of the guys at first, but as I watched the show, I grew to like all of you. You have inspired me and I find my admiration and respect growing for you with each episode. I am cheering for you and hoping for your success. I would love to see you all work and hope the fame part is not a major impetus for your dedication, because I think you have so much to give and it should not depend upon the level of fame you receive. I do not mean this to discourage you from seeking high profile roles, in fact I encourage you to fulfill your dreams and not limit yourselves to any old stereotypes or old limitations. The sky is the limit! I hope you will consider independent films, major films, television, anything that showcases your talents. I wish you all the best of luck and please know you have many, many people rooting for your success. I’m one of them and will watch eagerly for your work. :)

7. XGC GhostDog says:

I think all you guys are spot-on awesome. I mean you guys wouldn’t be “Teen Idols” if you didn’t have that something, right? I just think it’s sad how fickle people can be and how fast celebrities can be thrown to the side like an old hat, whether they act or sing. I also want to apologize to Adrian Zmed for yelling profanely at you on Bourbon St. in New Orleans at like 9am in the morning, which I wrote about on the “Confessions” message board. Keep up the great work guys.

8. Erin says:

Jeremy just wanted to say people do messed up things and one thing in treatment we all learned is that the past is the past and dont dwell in it. We all learn from our past in it is in us to change or future or repeat it, change yours and good luck in the biz would watch anything you were in.

9. Lee says:

I sit here every Sunday nite in Canada anxiously awaiting your show. I have no advice for you guys because I’m just a normal women, but what I do have to say I hope you listen. I remember All of you gentlemen. For I am 39. Oh God did I say that!!

I think every single one of you brings a certain something special to this show and to this world. You have not been forgotten.

I admire all of you for doing this. It mustn’t of been easy for any of you to do this. I believe we can all see the struggles that you all are going thru. And I applaud every single one of you. I wish all of you all the Luck in the future.

Just a fan waiting for all of your comebacks!! xo

10. tylerparis says:

Jeremy is completely vile, is he still on drugs?? He blows hot and cold, absolutely adores himself and then he throws a tantrum when he doesn’t hear what he wants to hear. He’s a spoilt child that has grown into a spoilt man (?), how embarrassing to show himself up like that infront of the gatekeepers like that.