Styx & REO Speedwagon Connect For Summer Tour

Want to talk commitment? Want to talk dedication? Lots of bands can tour together, but only two make a point to connect with each other to write a song for the occasion. Styx and REO Speedwagon are criss-crossing the country this summer; the tour dates were recently announced this week. When they take the stage, they’ll be playing a new tune written by Kevin Cronin and Tommy Shaw, “Can’t Stop Rockin’.” The guys recently recorded it, and it will be available for download soon.

The shows are presented by VH1 Classic and Rock Band. Perhaps the best part about ‘em is their cost. The tickets are being priced in a fan-friendly way, which the guys are deeming a “rock ‘n’ roll stimulus package.” Prices in some markets are as low as $13.50. “Both bands have always tried to keep our ticket prices low so that none of our fans get left out.” says Tommy Shaw. ““It’s been nine years since the Arch Allies tour and it just seemed like the right time to team up with our friends in REO and hit the road again.”

Make the jump for a full listing of tour dates. 38 Special is also on the bill.

CAN’T STOP ROCKIN’ Tour Dates:

10-Jul
Chicago, IL
Charter One Pavilion At Northerly Island

11-Jul
St Louis, MO
Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre

Additional dates and ticket on-sale information will be announced shortly.

1. walkman56 says:

The 80′s will never die. As a long-haired rocker from the 70′s,I still think the decade of decadence outweighs the 70′s.

2. lori fulton says:

all i wont to know is were can i buy some ticks

3. Michelle says:

Will you be touring Canada (Ontario)?

4. Doug says:

We would love to see you all in the Louisville or Cincinnati area!

5. BirdieBill says:

How about a stop in the home of Rock N Roll, Cleveland? Perhaps between July 4th and 9th. It’s on the way!

6. Laura says:

When can we get tickets?!

7. Walker90 says:

When are they coming to omaha?

8. Rusty J says:

I saw REO last year and man can they still rock the house !
    I wish they’d come out with a Guitar Hero version of REO. Some of their stuff really has some great guitar riffs!Ecspecially on their live albums.
    ROCK ON REO and STYX !

9. chance says:

Roanoke Rapids, NC? Are you guys nuts? Last year you came to Raleigh, NC … a yuppie area of white collar people with money to spend who grew up listening to you. The pavillion was packed and it was a great time. But Roanoke Rapids? I hope you get some people there. Not exactly the same type of NC audience you’re used to.

10. Kevin says:

Please bring this concert to central Indiana.

11. Fred says:

Will you make a tour stop in Portland,Oregon(Clark County Amphitheatre)this summer?

12. Jennifer says:

I want to go to there.

13. tommy says:

styx is one of the best live shows you will see!

14. Randy Van Damme says:

Why aint you guys playing in Peoria or Champaign Illinois ?

15. gagemy says:

Will you be coming anywhere closer to the Tampa FL area?

16. Suzie says:

REO you signed my shorts and my shirt in Wisconsin Dells, WI…ooh, caused a little riff!!come on, it was my birthday! I have been working hard to wear them to your concert again!!!! Come back to uS!
    Styx- we saw you for our sons 16th B-Day and would love to see you again!!!
    and as for 38-Special, my husband met all of you on the Nueclear Sub, USS Nebraska!! Now the whole family would like to meet each of you!!!!

17. Cassy says:

I am really hoping their tour has a stop in central Ohio. I saw both bands with Def Leppord in Columbus befor and I always go see REO when they are here. I drove 2 hours last year to Greenville,Ohio to see REO. So, please arrange a date for here.

thanx,
    Cassy Ray

18. Amy Mullins says:

Please come to Knoxville Tn…….Please….Please

19. Cindi says:

This is completely wrong of VH1 to continue to state that ticket information will be announced shortly. I have been coming to this site for weeks now waiting for more information. I searched the internet today to find that tickets have been on sale for some time and what is now left are either very HIGH priced tickets that are in the hundreds or tickets for around $100.00 in the nose bleed sections. That VH1 for keeping your fans current on this concert. You should have someone update your site more often if you want people to count on you for information.

20. Hellsyeahs says:

I am going. I was crestfallen when I found out last month that they were playing at Konocti (near where I’m living for the next month) and that my girlfriend wouldn’t be able to attend (what would be the point for me to go? I couldn’t do that to her). Then I see here that they are playing in july in Chicago (near where she lives and where I will be moving to). She and I are both very happy.

21. shane says:

Who would one contact for booking a date on this tour? That is if there are any canadian dates open for the beginning of August?

22. Ken Gottlieb says:

What happened to the tour thru Boca Raton, Fl? We love Styx/ REO in Florida. Come on guys. Please come back. I’ve seen you guys 5 times. I brought my 2 sons last time, 12 and 9 years old. They thought that “you rocked.” Please write back.-Ken. Huge Styx and REO fan…

23. KEN says:

WILL THIS TOUR BE COMING TO COLUMBUS OHIO?

24. Debbie says:

What about the mid atlantic????? ……Virginia Beach has a killer amphitheater.

25. Carolyn says:

I went to see Styx and REO at DTE in Michigan. OMG..cold beer, great company, beautiful weather and music to die for. I closed my eyes and I swear I was back in 1978…the best summer of my life! I would do that once a week if I could! Keep on rockin!!!!

26. Carol says:

The closest the guys, Styx, are going to be around here is 200 miles away which is fine. The problem is I can’t find access to tickets yet and I’m getting very anxious. I’ve been following the band since 1974 and have lots and lots of great memories, fun, and memorabilia that I keep adding to.
    I can’t wait to see them again, with my 12 year old Styxfan.

27. Melinda says:

I was hoping the tour would come to Toronto, where they haven’t played in years! Now, all they play are the casinos – 2 hour-drives, with age limits of 19 years and up. I can’t take my niece and nephew (avid Styx fans as well) to any of these concerts. Very disappointing.

28. Erwin says:

Please bring this concert East bay Area Of San Francisco, CA
    Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

29. Zack says:

when is REO Speedwagons next tour date in WI?

30. wallmart says:

Whatever you say, but I do not agree with your point of view about this issue

31. macafee says:

Did you know that everything that you said mozhent be used against some people?

32. facebok says:

Whatever you say, but I do not agree with your point of view about this issue

33. j.r. jackson says:

I would like to Dennis DeYoung come back

34. useful tips says:

finally, I found this article once again. You have few useful tips for my school project. This time, I won’t forget to bookmark it. :)