Behind The Music Will Return This Summer

Which episode is your favorite? Motley Crue? David Crosby? Biggie?

Most Behind the Music afficionados have their go-to shows, tales that clock the glories and pitfalls of a particular music act. The famed VH1 franchise hasn’t been that active in the last few years, but there’s good news for BTM freaks: VH1 is re-launching the Emmy-nominated and critically acclaimed series this summer. From the press release:

After more than 200 episodes, Behind the Music is now focusing on some of our favorite artists of today. From rock to hip-hop to pop, these innovative artists we are profiling are sure to captivate a whole new generation of viewers. In addition to the dramatic storytelling that made Behind The Music a worldwide hit, the reimagined version of the series will celebrate them as artists and will also feature originally shot verite footage of each artist, which will anchor each story in the present day.

New episodes will begin airing this summer and continue into the fall. Two confirmed episodes will be portraits of Lil Wayne and Scott Weiland. More information will follow.

Leave comments: which music acts would you like to see portrayed in new epsisodes of Behind the Music?

1. Grace says:

I would LOVE to see Behind the Music specials on:
    Fiona Apple
    Third Eye Blind
    The Libertines
    Lou Reed
    The Ramones
    Courtney Love
    Smashing Pumpkins

2. bighardrivesrule says:

I loved the Lynyrd Skynyrd episode.

Play some Freebird!!!!

3. Joey Derden says:

Just show the old BTM’s they were outstanding! U guys did an outstanding job! Andy Gibb! Wow!

4. Bill says:

Bad idea to feature people who aren’t legends. Lil Wayne?? Seriously?? Not sure how I’ll like the whole “Tying things into modern day” angle seems like a cheap excuse to feature one hit wonders from today or emerging artists (who curiously don’t seem to rise any higher). If BTM focuses on established acts instead of jumping on bandwagons made by industry buzz the show will be great. If they go the other way then I say keep it canceled!

5. Dawn Prudenti says:

That’s so great!! I’ve missed BTM I really enjoyed those shows. Also the narrators voice. Anyway, I’d like to see a BTM about either Sade,Mary J.Blige or even Thin Lizzy or even Led-Zepplin if that is at all possible. Thank you for letting me comment.

6. mook says:

Frank Sinatra

Judy Garland

John & Yoko

Phyllis Hyman

Diana Ross & the Supremes

The Jackson Family (Michael, Janet, etc.)

7. J.Seymourproductions says:

I don’t care about the !(~*)%*+@@#~`$$^ ty new ones. I just want to know why you don’t show repeats on VH1 classic or make them available for sale. I have repeatedly tried to find THE Black Crowes and Oasis, Behind The Music. Please, if you’re not going to show them just set it up so real music fans can purchase them. VH1 used to be the greatest source for music on television. Now it just another self-glorified, masturbatory, decadent, reality-show, crap station. You used to soar high above everyone else, but you sold the music out and now you’re utter !(~*)%*+@@#~`$$^ e!

P.S. Being able to buy Legends and Storytellers would be nice too.

8. Kat says:

I miss Behind the Music; it was amazing! I second Grace’s picks!

9. dave says:

The Killers
    Franz Ferdinand
    Rush
    David Bowie
    Cold Play

10. todd petersen says:

do a new btm on metallica. please do a btm on slayer

11. Liz says:

PLEASE BRING BACK THE BTM ON SELENA!!!!

12. Sal Johns says:

Lil’ Wayne & Scott Weiland – seriously?!?!? The show should focus on bands, not solo “artists” …

My picks:

The Ramones
    Wings (Paul McCartney and…)
    Simple Minds

2. Boston
    3. Bachman Turner-Overdrive
    4. Mariah Carey
    5. Soundgarden or Chris Cornell
    6. Smashing Pumpkins

14. Jamie says:

Glad to hear Behind The Music is returning. That show was the primary reason I wanted VH1 in the first place. I definitely want to see the Motley Crue and Ratt episodes. I wish they would be released/re-released on video. I think the demand is high. The MC episode is selling on Amazon and ebay between 40 and 50 dollars.

15. Corpse says:

When is there going to be a SLAYER behind the music and there should be a S.O.D. Stormtroopers of Death)one also.

16. D Bo says:

Do John Mayer, he needs a great show like yours to do him some help him. Or Dave Matthews would work !

17. cheech says:

you guys should do one on limp bizkit.

18. Drea says:

Nikki Sixx needs his own Behind the Music!!!!!

19. Tommy says:

the sublime episode was great, i would love for it to air again!

20. Theresa says:

Axl Rose, Courtney Love, Foo Fighters, Thin Lizzy, Survivor, Boston. I wouldn’t mind seeing more on individuals in addition to bands. Like Nikki Six, Slash and others like that. I don’t want to see much about people that are more recent. I prefer to see years of stuff rather than months.

21. Theresa says:

Foo Fighters, Survivor, Thin Lizzy. Some the bands from the LA metal days that kinda of made it but never got all the way there like Hollywood Rose. Or on some inviduals like Axl Rose, Courtney Love, Nikki Six or Slash. I don’t want to see too much on people that haven’t been around that long. Scott Weiland I get, but Lil Wayne, not so much. I prefer someone that has actual years in the business and a story to tell.

22. Tim says:

I’m a huge fan of the show.,So much so
    I started to collect them I have over 105
    episodes so far I know there are about 200
    or so that were produced…hey I’m half way there

So glad that is coming back …I’ll be ready with my tivo this time around (lol)

btms@rocketmail.com

(trades any one?)

Tim

23. andy schwertman says:

please re – air the black crowes behind the music and bon jovi and def leppard

24. JHC says:

I would like to see the older BTM episodes of Jim Croce, Lynyrd Skynyrd, John Denver, Cat Stevens, not so much of the recent artist’s. Thanks for listening.

25. Cream Daddy Puff Muffin says:

I love just about all of the BTM series documentaries. If I had to pick just one, it would probably be the 2-hr. ‘Aerosmith’ BTM. I still haven’t figured out (as well as millions of other fans of this series) why you haven’t offered each documetary on DVD??? I sent in an e-mail about 3 yrs. ago asking about this & the responder for you acted as if they had no idea what I was talking about.

26. zackmmmm says:

I would like to see episodes on:

KORN

CAGE (chris palko)

EL-P

DEFTONES

Lil’ Wyte

27. Sebastian says:

I wanna see the episode of aaliyah again please. maybe an updated version?
    thanks :)

28. Payton Samuels says:

I’m so psyched about THE RETURN OF THE FAMOUS BEHIND THE MUSIC IN SUMMER 2009!

When will you dudes replay the classic BTM episodes in some type of countdown mode before the premiere?

So wanna see Linkin Park on BTM as well as Smashing Pumpkins! My all-time favorite Behind The Music episode always is Pantera BTM and Selena BTM. KEEP THAT THEME ROCKING!

29. L.G. says:

Please show the Oasis behind the Music episode, that band rocks!

also, why don’t you guys air any of their new videos?
    i think i saw Champagne Supernova @ the 96 VMAs on AMtv the other night.

30. GOODTIMES says:

Please show the behind the music of studio 54. Great Footage!

31. Heather says:

Please reshow the Goo Goo Dolls with recent updates.

32. denise says:

I would like to see The Goo Goo Dolls. How about incorporating updates in with the original??

33. Karen Simpson says:

I need to see the story on Badfinger. Their tragic story is the reason other artists that came later were able to negotiate better contract terms. They had more talent than they were ever given credit for. They were young and trusting unfortunately. Maybe you could do it better this time. I’ve just read how poorly it was done the first time. RIP Tom and Pete.

34. bill says:

Deep Purple/Rainbow/Whitesnake

35. Jessica says:

Lita Ford!

36. Heather says:

Please reshow Goo Goo Dolls with updates.

37. Mike Tollifson says:

I’d like to see an episode on “The Guess Who”, “Steely Dan”, and “The Atlanta Rhythm Section”.

Perhaps a special on New Orleans artists.
    Such as the Neville Bros., Dr. John, Irma Thomas, The Radiators, the Brass bands like the “Dirty Dozen Brass Band”, and the “Rebirth Brass Bands”.
    Pay homage to greats such as Louis Armstrong, Professor Longhair-his influence on Rock and Roll-Dr. John could tell you about that. Of course, Pete Fountain, and Al Hirt.
    The drummers and bassists are said to be the best in New Orleans, talk about that.
    Feature a segment on local artists/legends like Gary Brown, and also the Aubrey Twins.

Generally,some features on New York, Chicago, and LA, and states like Mississippi, Georgia, and Louisiana in general in addition to New Orleans…the zydeco, the French Acadian, the Gospel, The Jazz, The Dixieland, and the R&B…Fats Dominoe, Irma Thomas, Aaron Neville, Buckwheat Zydeco, families such as The Baptistes, in addition to the Nevilles…you get the idea. This would be interesting. Include the Mississippi river about New Orleans, LA, MS, and St. Louis.

Also, repeats of “Chicago”, and Jim Croce.

Perhaps one on James Taylor.

I’m a musician, and a big fan of the show, miss it, and look forward to it’s return.
    If you have a mailing list of episodes to come, you can use my e-mail for THAT.

Thanks,

Mike T.

38. Jill Anderson says:

I would love to see the Goo Goo Dolls Behind the Music re-aired, but with updates as so much has happened with this band since the last taping. This summer would be good timing as well. They are putting out a new album soon!

39. chris says:

What about a 10th anniversary update of BTM Journey
    with new interviews with the band and the new line up?

40. warewolfone says:

DEPECHE MODE BEHIND THE MUSIC PLEASE!

41. warewolfone says:

Please, if you’re not going to show Depeche Mode behind the music, please make it avail for sale.

42. Cosmic says:

The Cure
    Depeche Mode (updated)
    Smashing Pumpkins
    Bauhaus
    New Order

43. Beth says:

The Black Crowes!! The Black Crowes!! Please show that one again!

44. Joe says:

Billy Joel
    Eric Clapton
    Bruce Springsteen
    Phil Collins
    Heart

45. Bryan S. says:

Doing an episode on Rush would be fantastic! And Tool would be as well, if they agreed to it!

46. Jamie says:

Goo Goo Dolls again!!! Their songs are so interesting and I think many people don’t know the real meaning to a lot of their songs, plus it could give them more exposure for their new CD thats comming out (in the process of recording as we speak).

47. Angela H says:

I would love love love to see a rerun of BTM: New Kids on the Block. The episode aired in September of 2008.

48. Karen Newman says:

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE replay Behind the Music episode with Journey. I missed the original episode and heard that it was awesome. Please replay it for all of us Journey fans!!!

49. Nic says:

GUNS AND ROSES!!!!!!!!!!!

50. BTMfan says:

Please replay the Episodes featuring Leif Garrett. Also, making the episodes available to watch online or on DVD would be awesome.

51. jessica thomas says:

ooooh! i loved

mary j.blige
    biggie
    dr. dre
    aahliyah
    Gladys knight
    ice t
    natalie cole
    queen latifah
    tlc
    snoop dogg
    this is like the coolest show ever!!!

52. M B says:

BTM aaliyah!

53. mssmotorrd says:

It’s the first time I commented here and I must say you share us genuine, and quality information for bloggers! Good job.
    p.s. You have a very good template for your blog. Where did you find it?

54. DALI D says:

WHATS UP WITH BEHIND THE MUSIC JODECI EVERYBODY WANTS TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO JODECI

55. Megan says:

Please Play the Motley crue behind the music on VH1 SOON!!!!

56. Jimmy says:

Being a huge Metalhead for 15 years and following many bands, I would like to see an Episode on My favorite Metal band of all time, Slayer. It would be awesome to finally see them on an episode if it is even possible. Thanks.

57. jchevelle20 says:

I think it would be great if they started playing all the old episodes as well as the new ones. It would also be great to be able to buy our favorite(s) BTM on dvd’s!!

58. Mike says:

What happened to Behind the Music??? Please no more Ratt and Pantera! Bring back every episode of every 70′s band or singer—-PLEASE! Shoot me an e-mail when you get them back!—Thx

59. jennifer says:

make all the behind the music old and new available to watch online

60. mike vonbampus says:

Studio 54 would be a great behind the music.

61. leigh Warren says:

I want to see Goo Goo Dolls.

With a new album out possibly this year, that would be GREAT!

Thank you.

62. Darlene's Friend says:

Goo Goo Dolls

63. Sue says:

Goo Goo Dolls please! An update to Behind the Music would be great…

64. Ross says:

Well there ever be a behind the music episode about Hanson and is there one about Fleetwood Mac cause I would like to see it

65. darlene says:

I would just love to see the
    Goo Goo Dolls again! If you
    could update it too that would be
    great! If not, could you please
    make it available for purchase…
    thanks!

66. Donna S. says:

I would love to see a Behind the Scenes episode on the Goo Goo Dolls. Thanks.

67. Jennifer says:

Please re-play behind the music of NKOTB!

68. Kelly says:

I would love to see an update on the goo goo dolls!

69. Enlightenment says:

Ozzy!!!!

70. rihanna says:

i would definitely want to see keyshia cole, beyonce, monica, mya, whitney houston and if it’s possible maybe cece winans ?

71. jason joyner says:

I would like to see many behind the music shows. but i like rock a lot but some other ones would be. Garth Brooks, Rush, Whitesnake, Skid Row, Velvet Revolver, Type O negative, Paula Abdul, Madonna, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Nirvana, Nine Inch Nails. you get it…..

72. Marcelo says:

Yeah, come back soon and let me know when. Please, present some BTM covering the best british rock’n roll bands from 70′s to nowadays (Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Oasis) and also please repeat R.E.M. and The Black Crowes. I’d also appreciate being able to buy BTM DVD’s from Brazil.

73. MIKE NEUMANN says:

I can’t believe this show went off the air. I loved every show especially JOURNEY. I hope this series will eventually come back in full force.

RIMSHOT

74. Jody says:

I am putting down all the episodes I have missed:

Metallica
    Green Day
    Def Leppard
    Keith Moon
    Micheal Hutchence
    Duran Duran
    No Doubt

I will be watching out for Behind the Music this summer, it’s one of the best shows on VH1.

75. bobirish19 says:

DEPECHE MODE!! ANYWHERE TO FIND THAT EPISODE ONLINE??

76. Pops says:

Another Leif Garrett episode! (After a re-broadcast of the original, naturally.)

77. S. Trabert says:

A show on Joan Jett would be awesome!

78. G says:

I’m glad to hear that the one show that actually was on point is coming back!! This long hiatus has only made us thirsty for what you did in the past and for what we are all looking forward to in the here and now!! June 10th and NKOTB is the beginning of an old thing that should have never gone away!!

79. Dana says:

The 70′s brother trio, the Hudson Brothers- especially now that youngest brother Brett has been battling throat cancer and evidently winning the battle. They have never agreed to do one of these but there are scores of former fans of these guys who would like to see their story then and now aired. Also I would like to see the episode on Andy Gibb reaired in the future- there is some talk going around of him actually wanting to marry Marie Osmond before she got married the first time and supposedly her parents put an end to their relationship.

80. cheekbrown says:

I’d love to see BTM tackle Prince.

81. cheekbrown says:

R. Kelly, Aliyah, and Nelly would make great BTM subjects. BTM needs to release its previously aired episodes from under lock and key and make them available on-line. If they are not going to air them, put them on-line. Bob Marley’s episode was one of the best.

82. ST says:

I’d like to see the following portrayed in Behind the Music:

Prince and the Revolution
    Alice in Chains
    Sly and the Family Stone

83. Cream Daddy Puff Muffin says:

The votes are in! BTM is obviously a fan favorite. VH1, can you not smell the coffee? What are you waiting for??? Why are you not feverishly airing the entire series of BTM episodes, & putting them on DVD??? If you need a new president & CEO I’ll be glad to step in for a nominal fee & lead you out of the dark ages & show you how to capitalize on the overwhelming amount of money (BTM = $$$$$$ 4 VH1) to be made from BTM… advertising, DVD’s, etc.

84. ALEXA STAR says:

I LOVED Guns n’ Roses!! Other favs: Aerosmith, Notorious B.I.G., Journey. Make them available on DVD! Hurry up with the new episodes plz…

85. Mark says:

You guys should really consider doing an A to Z weekend like you did a few years ago. I think it would be a good way to showcase the library of the show to people who perhaps may not be aware of how extensive it is. Plus there are a ton of them that I haven’t seen in years and an A to Z weekend is the perfect way to get caught up. If you can’t do that please at least consider releasing the library on DVD, I’d buy it in a heartbeat

86. Chase says:

There really needs to be an episode about Martha and the Vandellas!

87. Lynn says:

For all the women going through mid-life crisis:
    DAVID CASSIDY!!!

88. Lynn says:

For all the women going through mid-life crisis -
    DAVID CASSIDY!!!

89. Scott L Schlappi says:

Van Halen Behind The Music nuff said

90. lil baby says:

THe should pay tribute to the ones that we have lost in the past 10 years..
    AALIYAH
    LEFT Eye

91. Skeeter says:

I’d like to see the Green Day Behind the Music aired again

92. BT says:

I don’t manage to see a lot of these as I can’t get to the TV often, but the few I have seen are great. I saw Metallica and a few others, and enjoyed them. My favorite band is Journey, and I NEED to see the BTM again. I contacted you several years ago about selling the episodes via DVD, and you said no plans to do so at the time. Look at the blog below – sounds like a lot of interest. Perhaps a money maker for you. At least let me know when you might aire the Journey BTM again. Even in the wee hours – I’ll stay up!

93. hunter says:

ALICE IN CHAINS! THE REAL STORY!

94. Serpent1234 says:

All the episode should be online to view.

Show all the 80′s hair bands back to back

Need a whole day of behind the music

95. Isaac Whiting says:

I would like to see Morrissey and the Smiths get some love from “Behind the Music”. How about Bob Dylan? Also, I would like to see each Beatle get a “Behind the Music” show. Those would be cool!

96. Ron says:

I had heard a show was produced on the late Jackie Wilson. I’d love to see it. Jackie Wilson’s story is probably one of the most interesting stories in the history of popular music. And his influence is still prominent today.

97. Joanne says:

I am a BIG fan of BTM and am tired of all these STUPID reality shows (Daisy of Love, New York Goes to Work). Please do more shows like BTM for “mature” people. (And by mature, I mean those of us over 25!!!)

98. James says:

I would love to see BTM for En Vogue, SWV, Lil Kim, Janet Jackson, Michael Jackson, Kirk Franklin, and Destiny’s Child. And for some of you who didn’t know, they already did a behind the music for aaliyah.

99. Dave says:

I know their was an Ozzy Osbourne behind the music, but I want to see a full BLACK SABBATH behind the music.

100. Lee Boyall says:

FORGET TODAY’S RUBBISH ‘MUSIC’. PLEASE PRODUCE A QUALITY SHOW ON THE GREATEST SINGER AND MOVER OF ALL TIME – JACKIE WILSON.

101. Bob says:

Where can i find a copy of the episode about Lynyrd Skynyrd?

102. True Rush fan. says:

Dear Behind The Muisic Editors

I’m a music fan of the 80′s rock era. I would like to know when are you going to dedicate storys from bands from the true music world. I see way too many artist of the late 90′s and and the 2000′s that haven’t even been around long enough to get a star anywhere but they already have stories out like they’ve been around forever. Please dedicate more behind the scene stories to bands that fans desreve to here about and know why they decided to stop their music like RUSH, Dokken, The Scorpions, Van Halen, Iron Maidden, Sammy Hagar, and so on. If i see a “Behind The Music” story on Miley Cyrus I think i will flip. I love the show but would like to see more artist that have paved their way longer than these youngsters.

Thr true Rush fan.

103. eric mcvay says:

I would like to see classic episodes of behind the music from andy gibb to cher to Madonna on vh1 classic

104. alexa says:

when does it start this summer? I WANT TO SEE COLDPLAY!!!!!!!

105. Syndie says:

Come on Vh1, when the _$`*~^_%&^!)$~`^ are you gonna get it together and start broadcasting Behind The Music??? You said it would be coming back ‘this summer’ Well, its July 4!! Let’s go!

106. Michele says:

Does anyone know of a way to purchase previous Behind the Music episodes?

107. Michele says:

Please consider releasing your BTM on DVD for purchase. I’d love to own Journey and Metallica, among others.

108. Brii says:

I dont care i juz love his music and other RAP..

109. Frank says:

How do you purchase behind the music videos, I am interested in REO Speedwagon and Journey?

110. savanna67 says:

FYI…I just found a website, Internet Movie Database, or IMDb.com for short, that has ALMOST all of the BEHIND THE MUSIC episodes..mostly for rent through BLOCKBUSTER.COM..
    But hey, we gotta’ start somewhere, right?

VH1, you guys TOTALLY BITE for teasing us with all of this crap about the show returning this summer. Today’s date is
    July 29th, 2009..summer is half over..WHAT GIVES?????

111. mark says:

the “black crowes” was one of the best.
    it had more humor than any of the others

112. Nick says:

I’d like to see a Behind the Music on Rolling Stone, Creme or Circus magazines.

113. BJALover says:

an updated Green Day would be really sweet…or Good Charlotte=)

114. Tim says:

Is August already the summer is almost over
    where are my new BTMs

I have the following:

Tim

115. mruehle says:

VH1 has turned out like MTV and radio stations, once a great place to showcase music with variety in its playlist, instead money and big business took over ruining a special art that was vibrant. Instead of telling them to kiss their (+%#%$)%(~@&$(* now the music business has their lips puckered kissing business (+%#%$)%(~@&$(*

116. R.B. says:

I’m not the only person who feels this way. Music documentries and “Behind The Music” of musicians that were made in the past like Chicago, Aerosmith, Fleetwood Mac and so many more were great. I miss the music documentries about the British Invasion and how rock began. Please VH1 bring back those shows. People really miss those well done classy shows.
    Thank you!

117. Nick says:

Does anyone know who else is being featured besides Lil Wayne and Scott Weiland? It would be great to see a new BTM every Sunday besides the constant “I Love (fill in the blank)” shows that never seem to end. It was ok when it was an actual semi-celebrity like Flavor Flav and Bret Michaels, but now that they are using the rejects (who in my opinion are probably the lowest form of life human life) from those shows Vh1 has become damn near unwatchable. On another note, I would like to see new Behind The Music episodes featuring: Van Halen, Queen, Boston, Michael Jackson, Blink-182, Alice In Chains, Slash, Wu-Tang Clan, Ramones, Sex Pistols, Iron Maiden and 2pac. It’s hard to believe they haven’t done a Michael Jackson, Van Halen, Queen or 2pac episode but have done Milli Vanilli, Kid Rock, Creed and Leif Garret. They deserve a Behind The Music episode about as much as I do. Sometimes I think Vh1 is programmed by the children of _$!^`$~$^^~`^)~#)( ed incestuous parents. If you need proof just take a look at the Sunday night line-ups from the past year.

118. andy schwertman says:

i would like to see the Behind the music on The black crowes because they’re one of my favorite rock bands of all time def leppard wouldn’t be bad either

119. NDMetal says:

Scott Weiland? Lil Wayne? BARF! What’s next, Hannah Montana? How about featuring some REAL music artists like Queensryche, Iron Maiden; updating Def Leppard and Motley Crue; the Scorpions; how about some of the 60′s and 70′s groups like Three Dog Night, the British Invasion; Psychedelic Era, etc, etc Forget those crap rappers and hiphoppers–that isn’t music!

120. Matt W says:

PLEASE air the Original “Behind the Music” episodes on VH-1 Classics!!!!!!!!!!!

121. NDMETAL says:

This is scarry–I thought I heard that there was going to be a btm on Pink—BARF! that ain’t a musician!

122. dave says:

Let’s see…acts on btm: Boston, Loverboy, Michael Jackson, Stryper, Taylor Swift, Lita Ford, just to name a few.

123. Dave says:

First I’d like to say that Behind the Music has done excellent work airing shows about real musicians especially from the 70′s, 80′s and 90′s. It’s makes me sick however seeing shows about recent stars who are young, unproven and not true musicians but dancers and entertainers. I plead to see bands with long proven musicians who actually write their own music. For what it’s worth I would pay big $$$ to see a show about The Scorpions, Van Halen, Whitesnake, Cinderella (great blues rock band more than the glam hair metal everyone believes) OR any other band before 1995! I hope to see more bands that encapsulate the )~&^*~^~(+#+($) le of the show Behind the MUSIC… not behind the show business. Great to have ya back!

124. Dave says:

First I’d like to say that Behind the Music has done excellent work airing shows about real musicians especially from the 70′s, 80′s and 90′s. It’s makes me sick however seeing shows about recent stars who are young, unproven and not true musicians but dancers and entertainers. I plead to see bands with long proven musicians who actually write their own music. For what it’s worth I would pay big $$$ to see a show about The Scorpions, Van Halen, Whitesnake, Cinderella (great blues rock band more than the glam hair metal everyone believes) OR any other band before 1995! I hope to see more bands that encapsulate the @*&*)_(**()^%^# le of the show Behind the MUSIC… not behind the show business. Great to have ya back!

125. David L. S. says:

Please have more shows about real music and not the dancing/entertainment type “artists” who think they’re musicians. I would love to see The Scorpions, Whitesnake, Van Halen, Cinderella (real blues rock band more than the glam metal they’re seen as) OR anyone from before 1995!!! Remember the name of the show is Behind the MUSIC… not behind the showbiz. Great to have you back.

126. Robyn says:

VH1 Thank godness you are bringing back music to your music channel. I was starting to think of VH1 as a dating site instead of music TV. After your endless hook up shows in the past few years it will be nice to watch some shows about real people,real struggles, real heartache and real happy endings. It will be a nice change. Thanks

127. Kat says:

I want to see BTM of both Selena and Jennifer Lopez- I loved them as a young teen and would like to see them again.

128. vito says:

50 n weezy gunna be the best

129. kevstar6942 says:

I would like to see Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey. I know it wouldn’t be complete without Michael Jackson. That one should be 2 hours.

130. kim says:

i would like to see a show about jagged edge.

131. Shane says:

I would love to see the Behind the Music on Iron Maiden,Mike Patton,and Dinosaur Jr.

132. NDMetal says:

It seems there will be btm on 50 cent–huh?? another worthless rapper who has accomplished NOTHING and has nothing to do with music. It seems that vh1 just doesn’t understand what REAL “music” is–and what REAL music artists are……..

133. Stephen says:

I just want to see Lil wayne and anything in the hip-hop genre. Common, kanye west, Jay-Z… NOT the crappy stuff like T pain and this commercialized crap produced just to get little kids and #$^$!%%`+!~!%*!#!( s to listen to it…

134. Chris says:

I loved Behind the Music, and Pop-Up video

135. Shelby says:

I am so sick of reality shows ..so this news offers me a glimmer of hope ! I am a fan of all Behind the Music episodes no matter if I liked the band/singer or not ! I would love to see you rerun your old ones. A newer band I don’t think you profiled yet would be 3 Doors Down.

136. sugartaste1 says:

Where is Scott Weiland? The upcoming artists have been listed and he is not among them. I wanted to chime in with others to ask that more of the “real” artists be portrayed…example : where is Alice in Chains? I too would love to see one on the King of Pop and agree that it would have to be 2 hours long. As for the upcoming episodes, I will be tuning in because I am so excited that BTM is back. It was always one of my favorite shows and has been missed. I too would love the opportunity to own some of the old episodes, as there were many that were favorites, and I also agree that VH1 should run the older series on the Classic channel. Regardless, I’m happy the series has returned. Can we just make sure not to tarnish this legendary show by chosing unworthy artists…?

137. Johnathan Horton says:

Yes…. its about time…can u all do a behind the music on rapper lil kim??

138. Angel says:

every one wants VH. And from the 80s the bands that made one time shot.

139. christopher says:

Please rerun classic episodes of Behind the music when the show comes back in September, particularly The Badfinger episode, that was one of my favorites.

140. Eric M Felton says:

I’m glad that VH1 Behind The Music is coming back. A show about who are the celebrities that got caught up into drugs. Heres some aviice to the celebrities. DOn’t let nothing or nobody get you caught up into drugs

141. Donna says:

You need to show the Behind the Music Journey again….

142. ed wilson says:

i would like to see stories about the eagles, the fat boys,prince,whitney houston,debbie gibson,europe,laura branagan,lisa lisa & culr jam,c&c music factory,paula abdul,the beatles,the rolling stones,the jets,sam kinison,billy ocean,howard jones,michael jackson,zz top,cutting crew. that’s all ican think of right now. there’s still more to come.

143. CBS says:

Your show gave Lil Wayne the voice that I felt was necessary for me to understand who he is – a talented young man.

The reality shows that VH1 produces are horrible – behind the music is an excellent production that is high quality and actually opens the artists up to the public – I would love to see Jill Scott, Sade, Anthony Hamilton, Daughtery, En Vogue (that may have been done already) but there are so many artists that deserve to be profiled. How about Debarge, Aretha Franklin, – thank you for profiling Lil Wayne – I still will not allow my daughter to listen to his music, but I will be adding his songs to my Ipod now.

Thanks,

CBS,
    Sarasota, FL

144. Goo Girl says:

Would like to see The Goo Goo Dolls

145. Sledge says:

I want to know when Lil Wayne will be back on with more about his personal life, drugs, gun charges. Anyone know how I can get a autographed picture and T-shirt with him on it—-for free I am disabled and have like no money to live on *%*~_!^_($$)`%~* one of meds cost $1000 a month
    Thanks

146. Angela says:

Thanks for bringing back “Behind the music” its a great show! But, I’d like to see VH1 finally do a BTM on the group Jodeci. I would bet my last dollar that the ratings for that show would be incredible! Those guys completely changed the sound and style of R&B much like they’re New Jack Swing forefathers from Teddy Riley’s amazing group GUY. VH1, you’re trippin’ if you don’t hurry up and do a profile on Jodeci. Make it happen execs…make it happen!

147. Frances says:

Could you replay Behind the music episode of JOURNEY, i never send it.It’s not even on youtube. THANKS.

148. Jay says:

311
    Bad Religion
    Incubus

149. Kelly says:

Where can I purchase episodes of Behind The Music such as Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Badfinger, INXS, Blue Oyster Cult. Not interested in Lil Wayne episode.

150. Janel says:

WHERE IS JODECI??? JODECI WAS THE HOTTEST ACT OF THE EARLY AND MID 90′S. I HEARD THE BRAIN BEHIND THE BAND, DAVANTE WAS NOW A DRUG ADDICT. PLEASE DO A BEHIND THE MUSIC ON KC, JOJO, DAVANTE, AND DALVIN!!! JODECI HAD ONE OF THE BEST CD’S OF ALL TIME. “DIARY OF A MAD BAND”

151. Janel says:

JODECI WHERE U AT??? WHAT EVER HAPPEN TO DEVANTE SWING?? DID THE GROUP OF JODECI REALLY SUCCUMB TO DRUGS?? WHAT IS THERE STORY?? WHY ARE WE HEARING BEHIND THE MUSIC ON RELEVANT ARTISTS THAT WE ALREADY KNOW ALL ABOUT??? PLEASE DO A STORY ON JODECI!!! THERE IS A LOT OF PEOPLE OUT THERE THAT HAS BEEN WAITING FOR A LONG TIME TO HEAR ABOUT JODECI! WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM, AND WHY DID THEY FALL OFF???? AT ONE TIME MARY J. BLIGE WAS ENGAGED TO ONE OF THE MEMBERS OF JODECI (KC HAILEY) I’M CURIOUS TO KNOW WHAT HE THINKS OF HER NOW, AND DOES HE WISH THAT HE HAD NEVER MESSED THEIR RELATIONSHIP UP, BEING THAT SHE IS SO SUCCESSFUL NOW, AND HE IS NOW A HAS BEEN. JODECI HELPED MAKE PUFF DADDY WHO HE IS TODAY. JODECI DISCOVERED SUCH ACTS AS TIMBALAND, MISSY ELLIOT, AND GINUWINE. IT WOULD BE A SHAME NOT TO SHARE THEIR STORY WITH THE REST OF THE WORLD.

152. shannon says:

WHERE IS JODECI?? DID THE ONCE POPULAR BAND REALLY SUCCUMB TO DRUGS?? ONE OF THE BAND MEMBERS(KC HAILEY) WAS ONCE ENGAGED TO MARY J. BLIGE. I WONDER IF HE REGRETS RUINING THEIR RELATIONSHIP NOW THAT HE SEES SHE IS SO SUCCESSFUL AND HE IS NOW A HAS BEEN. I HEAR THAT JODECI HELPED SHAPE PUFF DADDY INTO THE SUCCESSFUL MAN HE IS TODAY! DID JODECI REALLY DISCOVER SUCH TALENTS AS MISSY ELLIOT, GINUWINE, TIMBALAND AND OTHERS?? WHY IS VH1 DOING BEHIND THE MUSICS ON RELEVANT ARTISTS THAT WE ALREADY KNOW ALL ABOUT??? PLEASE TELL JODECI’S STORY!! MANY PEOPLE HAVE BEEN WAITING ON THIS FOR YEARS!!!

153. ming says:

Right after Behind the Music for Brett Michaels, VH1 had a Behind the Music of 80’s video women and where they are now. I only taped two min of it because it was after the Brett Michaels that I was taping. Does anyone know the name? Where I can find it? Will it be shown again?
    Thanks………..

154. Emily says:

Hey ming,that show about the 80s video girls is do it for the band the women of the sunset strip…

155. Tina says:

I’m dying to watch Scott Weiland episode! when is it going to be aired?

156. Debbie Williams says:

I would like to buy a CD or DVD of the Steve Perry/Journey Behind the Music episode. How might I do that?

I love Journey, and while their two substitute singers were pretty darn good, there is only one Steve Perry. Ever.

Thanks.

157. Debbie Williams says:

I would like to buy the video of VH1′s Behind the Music on Steve Perry and Journey. I’ve only seen the “director’s cuts” that are posted on YouTube which are kind of annoying because they are so repetitive. For me, there is no Journey without Steve Perry, and there is no Steve Perry without Journey. I have the Quintessential Journey CD which is fabulous. I have to hand it to Steve Augerie and Arnel. They’re good. But Steve Perry they ain’t. There was something heartfelt and real in his soulfulness and interpretation of the music. Seemed like he might have been kind of an !+%*!^&__~#+!%! hole, but still talent like that you can’t discount. The other two just mimicked his sound.

Please advise if such a purchase is possible, and if so how much (I do have my limits), and how to obtain.

Thank you.

158. Dave N. says:

I’m still waiting for a Peter Gabriel Behind The Music. The guy was a co-founder of the Rock N’Roll Hall of Fame prog/rock/pop band Genesis, had a hugely successful solo career, co-founder of Human Rights Now, WITNESS, the Elders, etc. A proper documentary on his career is long-over due.

159. Roby says:

how about the band Head East,the singer left the band at the height of their career to get sober.Found the lord & started the christian rock band Petra.

160. wretched kittin says:

The Beastie Boys?

161. Barbara says:

PLEASE do a Journey behind the music

162. zibewamismume says:

Salut! checkonetwo

163. blackberry21 says:

I would love to see artist like Jodeci, Adina Howard, and Xscape behind the music because the younger generation needs to know that there wouldn’t be a Chris brown, a destiny’s child or any other r&b groups or even solo artist like today if it wasn’t for these ol skool artist….. Plus i just love them!!!

164. 976281 says:

What a lovely day for a 976281! SCK was here

165. 954300 says:

What a lovely day for a 954300! SCK was here

166. 2667223 says:

What a lovely day for a 2667223! SCK was here

167. Rick says:

Will you guys please sell some of these on dvd???? I would really like to purchase BTM: Blind Melon! It’s prob the best depiction of Shanon I’ve ever seen. Hell like half of it is footage he shot himself while he documented his life and his self destruction. Shanon is a legend that died way before his time even came. Definitely the most underrated talent of ALL time. I haven’t seen it air in years, and new generations have no idea who he is. People are letting one song define his amazing talent and there is so much more to it than that. His story is one of the most amazing and yet saddest in music history.

168. gabo says: