The Celebreality Interview – Beverly

“The fact that [Bret]‘s a rock star doesn’t hurt. Isn’t that why everybody’s there? Who would go out with Bret the trash man?” Beverly tells us in the interview below. She gave it to Bret straight during her time on Rock of Love Bus, and she was no different during our chat with her. Below, she cuts the crap and talks about seeing Taya at an Atlanta strip club, her real feelings on Ashley, whether she was disappointed after finally meeting the man she’d idolized, why Bret is in no position to diagnose her as suffering from a “second childhood,” and what her kids think of all this.

You stuck out from the beginning: instead of dressing up (or dressing down, really) like the other girls during the wedding challenge, you wore motocross gear. Was that strategy?

I know he’s into motocross, so I thought it would be a good gift for him. And as far as dressing up, I really did not want to get dressed up like a complete hoe. There was enough of that on the show. I figured I’d try to be a little different and stand out somehow, since I obviously couldn’t stand out with blonde hair and big boobs.

You did dress a little more sexily as time went on. Was that sexy progression a conscious thing?

I’m not as big of a tomboy as everyone seems to think. I live in Georgia, so I don’t go around dressed like Farrah and Ashely. I’m more of a jeans-and-t-shirt kinda girl. But yeah, I definitely needed to do something so that Bret didn’t think I was only a tomboy. I wanted him to see that I could clean up all right.

How about your association with Farrah and Ashley? In the beginning, you and Ashley were at each other’s throats, but you seemed to warm up to each other as time went on.

Yeah, after we got over the whole Beverly’s-a-dude-thing. We were all living together, so I just had to make the best of everything. If we continue to hated each other, it was going to be more stressful. I’m a pretty easy-going person and I like most people, so I guess I just had to make the best out of a bad situation.

Did you develop any affection for them, or was it just a coping mechanism?

I liked Farrah from the beginning. I think she’s an awesome person. Her comments about people were made in a more joking, funny manner, whereas Ashley was just cruel and mean-spirited. I liked Farrah, but Ashley was more of a toleration.

What about the “Boots” nickname? Did you mind it?

I’m OK with that nickname. I’ve been called worse! I like my boots, what can I say?

What did you think of Bret’s assessment of your participation on the show being sort of a second-childhood for you since you had kids so early?

I can see how people might think that, but as far as Bret goes, I don’t know where he gets off thinking he has all this insight into me. It really didn’t seem like he took the time to get to know me very well at all. If he had, we might have had more of a connection than he did. He went in there saying he wanted a different kind of girl, someone that he could bring home to his kids, but then who does he seem to be digging the most? Ashley. It seems like he reverted back to the same old thing that it seems like he should be tired of after 20 some odd years in the business.

You seem disappointed by the way it played out. Did you find that cliché, “Never meet your idols,” to be true?

I wasn’t disappointed by Bret. I think he’s a great guy. I think he’s as real and genuine as he can be after all those years in the business. I think the situation was what was disappointing. None of us got the amount of time with him that we should have in order to form a relationship. It wasn’t like regular dating at all. But as a person, I think he’s a good guy. I don’t think he knows what he wants, but he’s a good person.

It seemed like when you were having him sign stuff when you were in the limo with him and Taya after his concert, you had already packed it in. Did you know it was your time to go?

I was hoping that it wasn’t, but at that point I had realized there wasn’t a real connection. I was pretty sure he was feeling that, too. We hadn’t had that many conversations, in which we could really get to know one another. It seemed like half the time he was around me, I was drinking heavily. He saw that side of me more than anything else, which is a shame, because that’s obviously not all there is to me. As far as Taya thinking that me getting autographs is stupid and ridiculous, f*** her. Why didn’t she want something like that for her kid? I’m sure as hell glad that I did it now. My kids think it’s great.

Is that your general attitude on Taya: f*** her?

Oh yeah. My general opinion on her is probably worse than that. I can’t stand her. She’s one of the most fake, disgusting people I’ve ever met. The worst part about it is that she wants everyone to think she’s this refined, classy human being and I think she belongs in the gutter.

You have genuine malice for her?

Yeah. I can’t stand the fact that she is basically a whore for money: she’s in Penthouse, she obviously has been a stripper and is still a stripper because I went and saw her in Atlanta after the show. And then she wants to sit there and say, “I’m not a stripper, I’m a burlesque dancer.” Or, “I’m not hanging upside down from poles at an airport strip club.” It’s like, OK, Taya, as long as the strip club is not at the airport, you’re not a stripper? I hate that she’s sitting there with her pinky up while she drinks, like she’s some classy role model. Give me a break! She wants to look down at everybody else, like, “I’m so proud of what I’ve accomplished.” Well, that’s awesome. Be proud of what you’ve done. I don’t care that you are a stripper or that you are in Penthouse, but don’t act like you’re not that type of person or you’re something else. Just admit that that’s what you like to do and that you like doing it. And her mothering thing got so old with me. You don’t even see the half of what she does. She wanted to be there for everybody, but not really. She just wanted to come off that way. I just can’t stand someone trying to mother me. I’m a grown-ass woman. I don’t need someone to hold my hand when I’m upset and pissed off about something. I don’t need you to rub my hair while I’m sleeping. Go twist your own freaking hair.

When you saw her in Atlanta, was that just for laughs?

Oh yeah. Really, I wanted to go and throw stuff at her and make her fall on her face. My friends and I went there. She had her little VIP section where she was signing stuff and she was sitting there all by herself and gave me a big hug, of course, because that’s how Taya is. I’m looking at her like, “OK, do you not remember how we don’t like each other?” But whatever, she was nice to me and I was nice to her and she asked us to sit up in her section. It was pretty sad, because she was celebrating her 30th birthday there and me and my friends were the only people up there with her. I ended up telling her, “I came in here wanting to throw something at you to make you fall on your face,” and she looked at me, like, “What?” I said, “You’re being nice now, but I don’t like you. I don’t like the way you are. I don’t like the way you never shut up.” She didn’t know how to take it. She just kinda sat there. I’m like, “Sorry. Thanks for the free drinks, though!” She just has no idea. She has no idea why people wouldn’t like her, why she rubs people the wrong way. She’s completely blind. It’s just like when she got upset that we didn’t cheer for her when she won the songwriting challenge. It’s like, why do you care if any of us are friends with you? We’re here fighting for a guy. None of us are supposed to be friends. If you think somebody’s your friend on the show, you’re wrong. They’re just using you because you’re an idiot.

You don’t go on reality TV to make friends! What about the notion that you fell in love with Bret the rock star instead of Bret the person.

Well, I didn’t fall in love with Bret the person. I don’t know how you could in that amount of time. But the fact that he’s a rock star doesn’t hurt. Isn’t that why everybody’s there? Who would go out with Bret the trash man? He has great eyes, but come on, you gotta draw the line somewhere.

Are your kids fans of his?

My older two knew some of his songs, but they’re obviously younger so they didn’t grow up with Poison or whatever. But when I knew I was going on the show, I’d play some of his songs to them. My oldest, my son, told me he’d seen him on Cribs, so it really sucks that I didn’t end up getting something signed for him. I’m going to have to bring something to the reunion and rub it in Taya’s face.

Do your kids watch the show?

Yeah. Me and my ex-husband usually screen it first, but it’s edited for TV, obviously. If I wasn’t on the show, it’s not something I’d let them watch.

What’s their take on it? Do they enjoy it?

Yeah. A lot of stuff goes over the younger ones’ heads. Well, I hope it does, anyway. But they think it’s cool. They ask questions sometimes like, “Why does she do that?” Sometimes, I just don’t have an answer. I’m like, “I don’t know. But you shouldn’t do that.” But they enjoy it, because they enjoy watching their mom on TV. Their friends talk about it so they think that’s cool. I’m glad I didn’t end up breaking down and listening to what everyone was telling me to do.

I wasn’t able to reach Kami or Ashley: can you shed any light on what happened that night in Bret’s bus that made Kami quit the show?

Bret was getting pretty hot and heavy with Ashley. I think they had already gone down that road before, when she spent the night on the bus with him. I don’t know why Kami came back in running her mouth about what happened on the bus wish Ashley, because Kami was just as willing to be there and do that. She partook in some of the events as well. When she was talking about how disgusted she was, it was like, “OK, I just sat there and watched you too.” But I wasn’t going to open my mouth and start spreading crap about what went down. I didn’t think it was my place.

Do you have any regrets?

Not really. The only thing is drinking so much and having the kids see that part of it. Besides that, I was pretty much myself the whole time, or a drunker version of myself. I stayed true to what I believed and I didn’t really let people talk me into doing what they thought I should be doing.

It was pretty hilarious that you called Bret out for having stubble.

I saw that and I was like, “I don’t even remember that!” People were shocked that I said that, but it’s like, you know what? I’m the only person saying what I think and unafraid to speak my mind with him. Everyone else walks on eggshells and says what they think he wants to hear. Whatever. That’s not me. I’m not going to pretend to be one way, and then when this whole thing ends and he picks me, he finds out I’m not like that at all. What good does that do?

Are you glad you did the show?

Oh yeah. I had a great time. It was definitely the experience of a lifetime. I’d do it all over with the same result.

Keep up with Beverly via her MySpace.

Rock of Love Bus show page
Rock of Love videos and extras

1. mollination says:

There’s not going to be a celebreality interview with Ashley? Bummer. :(

2. OhMyHell says:

Love, love, love Beverly. She’s by far the prettiest of the final eight, nine, ten, maybe all of then. Came off well and kept her head high. I was hoping she’d win, even if I can’t quite come around to Bret being much of a prize.

3. anna says:

You are very nice and honest lady. :)

4. rhiney1 says:

It really sucks that Beverly is gone. I was a young mother too and I know where she is coming from. I am glad that ashley the dude with the boobs is gone!

5. Andrew says:

Beverly should have won… she’s definitely the most realest one there. Not only that, she’s not a _)%)`&&@`~@@%~(!~ She is also extremely HOTTTT!!! Brett Loses… She can date me anytime….

6. meshell says:

I dont think bret knows what he wants either beverly your better off if your looking for true love! why else would he have three seasons of rock of love?

7. daveedt says:

They may not like Taya, but what we see in front of the camera, i think taya is best for bret. I think she is the type of person who has the celebrity background, as a Pet of the Year, to be with a ROCK STAR. I just think she could stick, unlike heather and Ambre…

just my opnion

8. megan says:

HELL NO!!!!!! Bret made the biggest mistake ever!!

9. Willa Dodge says:

Beverly,
    Once again you have proven yourself to be the coolest one that was on the show. Bret didn’t deserve you anyway.

10. shayintn says:

I loved beverly she was definitely my favorite!! I liked how she was real and did not fake things. I don’t think Bret would really know how to handle someone telling him what they really think. Sorry Beverly you didn’t win but we all were cheering for you…….

11. sharkee says:

BEV you are real, and not a HO…
    LMAO , loved when ya didnt walk on egggshells..

I definitly think ASHLEY was TRASH, and didnt need to be there as long as she was…

We actually thought you would win..

12. Kyri says:

Beverly’s awesome–by far the prettiest girl on the show, and one of the most honest as well. I’d love to have her for a friend, and I’d be happy to have my brother date someone like her. She’s not fake or stuck on herself, just a real person. Too bad it didn’t work out between her and Bret, but in many ways she’s too good for him.

13. SB says:

Beverly ROCKS!!!!

14. Bailey says:

Bev, i love you. I did from the start. We only see whats on the TV at home but i thought you were the best damn girl on there. You were the realest out of everyone and he doesnt know what he missed out on! Rock on Girl..

15. Aaron says:

beverly rocks second to mindy

16. Tawny says:

So does Beverly have nothing better to do with her time than to drive down to Atlanta with a bunch of friends just to harass Taya? She is very immature, Bret was right.

17. Hoppe says:

Beverly was pretty sweet in the beginning because I thought she was real but then she was as immature as the other girls after reading this. Beverly, you’re a huge disappointment! Why would you go and harass Taya? You’re stupid!

18. donna says:

How come BRITTANYA and ASHLEY didnt have an EXIT INTERVIEW?? Did I miss that…or was it bad and they decided not to print it. AFTER KELSEYS EXIT interview which i found funny…her calling BRETT :LAME: hahahahahahaa which he is and your right BEVERLY he seems like he doesnt know what he wants when it comes to women…but i am sure he loves taking them to bed…he’s probably better off finding a FRIEND with BENNIES!!! ;)

19. Hoppe says:

All of you clearly forgot that she kissed another man while on the show.

20. Rachell says:

You’re completely right Hoppe…shame on Beverly for giving Brett’s drummer a chaste peck on the lips! She should have been classy like Farah and Ashley and made out with other women instead. Also, Brett made out with 83479283748 other women on a daily basis in front of Beverly. Yeah it’s his show, but these women have feelings too and it’s just as disrespectul and hurtful (if they have feelings for him) when he does it.

21. TC says:

I thought Beverly was going to make it to the end for some odd reason, but I could tell why he didn’t pick her. Yeah, she was the odd one that stuck out being the tomboy type and then she started dressing prettier but she has some issues she needs to address. Yeah, it’s a reality show and sometimes you aren’t who you really are on there but there is no way she could of drank as much as she has on the bus if she didn’t do it at home. I did think it was weird for her to ask for autographs, I mean dang, she got tons of stuff free and could of given that to her kids as souvenirs. And the way she talks about Taya is pure jealousy…Taya did have a way about her and didn’t want to act like a slut and if you read her blogs you might understand the whole penthouse deal being announced on the show. VH1 wanted it done that way…she already knew about it. Atleast she wasn’t a ho and didn’t act like she was dying for attention!

22. Tawny says:

Beverly’s little trip to Atlanta w/party friends to harass Taya and “throw stuff at her” could be perceived as stalking. She is clearly jealous of Taya, as is Mindy. Hope Taya walks away winning this. It would be very disappointing if Mindy was picked in the end because it would be out of pity. After all, Mindy can’t wait to “throw Taya under the bus” and whines to Taya herself that she’s “never even been engaged.” It’s pretty clear-cut why Mindy has never had a serious committed relationship or children and she is already in her thirties. Hopefully Taya will win, being honest with Bret and being a parent herself like Bret.

23. Regina1980 says:

I’m surprised Beverly lasted this long. She’s a lush, she has no sex appeal and the body is just strange. I hope she’s off the show soon.

24. Princess Bleh says:

Boots! I am glad you didn’t win – you seemed too genuine and nice a girl to be subjected to being BM’s girlfriend.

Also, Taya might have told you and your friends she was celebrating her 30th b-day, but I’ll be a monkey’s uncle if she is a day uder 35.

25. EYESOFBEAUTY says:

MY OPINION…I THINK HE JUST NEEDED TO SEND ALL OF YOU HOME AND MOVE ON BECAUSE I CAN TELL NONE OF THEM ARE THERE FOR HIM. THE LAST THREE THAT ARE LEFT…WELL LETS SEE ONE WANTS TO PROMOTE PENTHOUSE…ONES A GROUPIE..AND ONE SPENDS TO MUCH TIME WHINING OVER HER FRIENDSHIP WITH SOMEONE. LIKE I SAID..HE JUST NEEDS TO TELL ALL OF THEM TO PACK UP AND GO THE +$#(@_)(_@&^%~%^ HOME! LOL.

26. cinnbee says:

I agree with Beverly.Taya is an ugly &~)(!%#~^^@!_^$@% Do something with those *&##%#%~&!^`*^~_ ed up uneven plucked uni-brows.She is about as fake as they come.

27. cinnbee says:

I agree with Beverly.Taya is an ugly (_!$+`+_(_!#+*)%~ Do something with those messed up uneven plucked uni-brows.She is about as fake as they come.kind of found it hard to listen to Mindy speak her accent sort of made me puke a little in my mouth.how could Bret listen to that twang day in and out.She also is so immature it is laughable.

28. jordyn says:

hey its jordyn i loved Beverly but i hated ASHLEY

29. jordyn says:

BEVERLEY you were way less %!%+$_~#%`)`_!^$ ing sluty then ASHLEY and BRITTANYA

30. Kaylee says:

I miss Beverly! I hope Bret is missing her
    too!!!

31. Sam says:

this show is so dumb, and yet, i cannot stop watching it. The idea of competing for “love” on a bus is bizarre in its own right, and any girl that goes on it has got to be a little whacked out in the skull, especially the ones with kids, i mean come on, is this really the type of example you want to set for them? i think Beverly is being a hypocrite by trying to be the “normal” girl, and her mean-spiritedness towards Taya is really just oft-putting. Its pretty funny how she conveniently “forgets” all the _*$&`@~^+)+&`)`# she talks and all her actions (kissing the drummer) by blaming alcohol (convenient crutch), i think she and Ashley are more alike than she knows…

32. Minews says:

Bret has to get rid of Taya, she is so nasty. If you look her up on playboy (Taya Parker) she has nude pictures, video, etc., why the hell would Bret want someone who bares all in a magazine and on the web for all to see…..I’m sure he would love the idea that 2million men know what his (wife/girlfriend) look like all the way down to her toes. What a great role model she is for his two little girls….if he chooses the sluty ~#(@$~*%&)`!*_#(~ Taya hopefully his kids won’t see her nude body on the web or have one of their friends show them. And PS Taya, you’re @$*#`+#+%!`@^#` s are saggy and gross.

33. Tawny says:

Loveyloville, my real name is Janine and you sound like one of Beverly’s alcoholic friends or Beverly herself. Are you really that nuts that you would stalk someone after a reality TV show or are you that bored with your life you have nothing better to do with your time? It looks pretty freaky you talking about it publicly in an interview. I agree with the first few comments made here that Beverly seemed like a genuine person in the until she revealed her excursion to Atlanta. I hope she is proud of herself because she looks like an insecure nutcase. She could have shown some restraint after a reality show, sheesh.

34. Tawny says:

Minews, your entire post looks dumb. Many of the women on this reality show for Bret were strippers and show themselves every week in a seedy nightclub or bar. All past and present Playboy playmates are proud of their accomplishments through Playboy (as they should be). Why are you looking Taya up online anyway? And did it ever occur to you that Bret has spent many nights in a strip club and has seen a lot of women bear all? Your rant doesn’t make any sense.

35. Tawny says:

Loveyloville, so maybe you think Regina1980 is Taya as well because she also slammed Beverly and called her a lush with a strange looking body? LOL Get a grip, you psycho.

36. Tawny says:

LOL I guess according to Loveyloville, Hoppe must be another Taya clone because that person is also telling it like it is when it comes to drunken Beverly. :-)

37. Angel says:

Great show wish you had won but any luck with the drummer?

38. mbeavich says:

I do think that Beverly should date Big John. They make a nice couple

39. Annie Jet says:

Beverly you were the best!! on the show…should have won!!
    This week Bret drops Jamie and keeps the ‘stripper’ ‘two faced’ Taya and ‘beaver face’ ‘lame’ Mindy.
    I hope this is the last Rock of Love ‘stupo’ Bret has on
    VH 1 because he has a rotten taste for finding the right women.

40. bebe says:

beverly said every time she was around bret she was “drinking heavily” so that’s why she couldn’t get to know him. she says this as if she had no control over her own drinking.

I don’t know why she had to go out of her way to be so rude to taya on her birthday. it’s fine if she doesn’t like taya, but that just seemed unnecessarily mean.

at first I thought I would like beverly because she seemed down-to-earth and nice, but she turned out to be a brat. I was still giving her the benefit of a doubt since these shows can be stressful… but this interview doesn’t make her sound very nice.

also, if she is still doing those goofy “rocker hands” all the time she should cease immediately.

41. erika says:

ARE U BLIND OR WHAT???????? DON’T U PEOPLE SEE WHAT SHE SAYING….I MEAN SHE IS REALLY RUDE AND MEAN AND HAVE NO GOOD THINGS TO SAY ABOUT NOBODY BUT HERSELF, EVEN THOUGH TAYA HAD NOTHING BAD TO SAY ABOUT BEVERLY, SHE STILL HATES HER FOR NO CLEAR REASON.I DON’T KNOW WHAT KIND OF VALUES THIS WOMAN HAS, CLEARLY NO CLASS AT ALL.

42. heha says:

she’s pretty immature. Bret was definitely right about her

43. JW says:

I can’t believe she lets her kids watch the show. What they must “really” think of her when she’s not in ear-shot. Beverly was a total, drunken, emotional wreck on the show. She came off very poorly and it makes me wonder why she doesn’t have custody of her kids. She also seems like a liar, I bet she fabricated or exaggerates most things. Crazy-ass GIRL.

44. Iomoio says:

Pretty good post. I just came across your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your opinions. Any way I’ll be coming back and I hope you post again soon.