Tough Talk From Steven – Finale

tough_love_cast

Master Matchmaker and VH1 Tough Love commander Steve Ward‘s blog commentary comes to a temporary close. Below, Steve gives his last impressions of each of the Tough Love girls, talks about what he learned in the process and gives us a little taste of what to expect from Season 2.

To wrap things up, let’s go through the girls, one-by-one. Give me your final thoughts and tell me what you know about their current situations.

OK, we’ll do it the same way I’ve always done it: alphabetically. Abiola’s first. I talk to her still. She’s dating and she’s happier than ever. She’s happy with herself, she’s happy with others, she’s open-minded, she’s not as emotionally guarded as she once was. I think she’s really poised for a healthy love life. She’s so selfless right now and trying to get the word out to empower other women. I don’t want to see her neglect herself, though. She’s young, so if she wants to settle down anytime soon, I’m sure she could.

Arian?

I can see that Arian hasn’t been doing the work because she continues to put the blame for her situation in life on others. I wish her the best. I hope she finds the help that she’s searching for, but I don’t think it’s very likely.

It’s ironic that she ended up with a bartender from the friends-and-family mixer, no?

They met vicariously through me. Though it should be noted they didn’t stay together very long either.

Jacklyn?

She’s pretty optimistic about the road ahead. If I had a chance to continue working with Jacklyn, I think I could have made either relationship work out for her. It could have worked with Brock, it could have worked with Greg. They’re both great guys and they’re both great matches. Just because she found someone who wanted to be with her, it doesn’t mean that she ever really got over her phobia of ending up alone and not having kids after 30. She still has her insecurities. I’m not one to trounce on anyone’s tradition, but I don’t think Jacklyn has a healthy outlook on the way to achieving that goal.

Jessa?

Jessa’s a hard-head. She doesn’t like criticism. But I think once she realized how emotionally invested my mother and I were in this process, how much we cared about the outcome and how much we desired success on their behalf, she knew we were coming from a good place.

Jody?

I love Jody. It was great to work with her and see her grow. I was disappointed about she and Shane not working out. I think what ended up happening was once Jody left boot camp, there was miscommunication, which led to mistrust, which led to a lack of respect. And that deteriorated their connection. I think Jody learned a lot at boot camp and she’s expanded her dating horizons dramatically, so Jody being in a happy healthy relationship is just a matter of time.

Natasha?

When I met Natasha’s boyfriend last night (at a party), I felt like it was a match that I made because boot camp got her in the right frame of mind. He’s handsome, successful, intelligent, well-dressed, and an overall nice guy. And they’re in love. I’m really happy for her. And she’s been so appreciative of this experience. Just to know that these women were impacted from the experience is the whole point. The reason you should work with me, why it makes sense to hire a matchmaker is that even if you don’t come out with the love of your life, you’re going to end up changed from the experience. You’ll come out fit, trained and conditioned for battle. Love is as battlefield.

Stasha?

The only communication I’ve had with her was over Facebook. She sent me photos of her and Arian topless and drinking champagne off each other in Vegas. I just thought to myself, “You’re not helping!” It’s great that she’s happy and celebrating and all, but she’s not helping.

Taylor?

Love her. She’s awesome. She’s my protégé. She knows right from wrong and she’s wicked smart. She’ll play you. She’ll make you think that she’s dumb or an airhead or aloof or out of touch and then you realize she’s calculating. And I don’t mean that in a negative way, I mean that she can get what she wants. And I think she wants to be a role model and a contributing member of society. Don’t get me wrong, she still has her vices. Pretty, sparkly things still make her smile.

What about her deciding she’s not ready for a relationship after all this?

I believe that she realized that she has a lot of work to do before she can be in a committed relationship. Right now, she’s committed to rebuilding her relationship with her family. She realized how important it is for her family to be completely involved in her life, and she’s going to want them to know who she’s with.

Any final thoughts on how the show affected you?

I learned a lot from this experience. It changed me forever. I knew beforehand what the commitments of a relationship were, but I never knew so much about myself. From this experience, I feel better prepared to someday commit to my life partner, as my mom has to my dad. I’m pretty excited because we’re going to be filming Season 2 this summer. I feel like this is my year to truly define who I am, and what I do.

I know it hasn’t even been cast, but what can we expect from Season 2?

I’d like to work with maybe a single mom. I’d like to represent other cultures that weren’t represented this season. I really enjoy working with desirable, tragically single women that could be doing things a little differently to find love in their lives. I enjoy being a catalyst for that success, and bringing love to people’s lives.

Follow Steve Ward on Twitter! And don’t forget that Master Matchmakers is offering a free month to prospective male clients!

VH1 Tough Love show page
VH1 Tough Love videos and extras
Master Matchmakers

1. Kitty Love 203 says:

I am wonder why VH1 would not consider doing a love reality show for PHAT womens. I wouldn’t mind doing the show, hell I am looking for Love too. But I feel it is discrimination when you will you will put skinny as males and female on the shows to find love but not a PHAT female. I am not saying that a PHAT female will go on the show and show off all her breast and lower body parts like we have seen from previous shows, it will be great with respect & classy for all PHAT females. It could inspire PHAT females to get out and date more and try to locate love just like Daisy, Real & Chance, New York, etc. You get my point, just think about it and hopefully VH1 will come out with a Love show for PHAT Females.

2. April says:

F**king Christ, could this guy have a bigger ego? Steve, admit it. You’re doing all this for the fame, and the money, and the attention. You are not trying to save the world. All the “tragically single women” out there are doing just fine on their own. They don’t need you or your f**king crusade.

This guy just bothers me.

3. LoveisLove says:

Steve, Kudos.

I think what you’ve done here has helped most of these ladies in many different ways. Arian is a mess! What a waste of energy. I think you were right on it when you said that girls that don’t have respect for themselves end up in bad situations. Her mom is a prime example of what is wrong with this world today. It always begins at home. Although I’m not ready to date yet but I think it’s given me a new perspective of what I was doing to sabatoge my past relationships. I could have been married by now! Da*n it!

4. Tasha says:

I have to say that I loved the first season of Tough Love. I was shocked when Steve kicked Arian out of the house, but It was definitely understanding. She needs to get her life together before she can get into a relationship. The way her mother was acting when Steve showed her the clips of how her daughter was acting, it’s no wonder why Arian is messed up in her head.
    I was also shocked to find out that Jacklyn went back to her ex-boyfriend just because he proposed marriage. Brock was a great guy and her chance to start over in a new relationship and she lost that wonderful chance. She had to know that her ex would go back to his old ways. He was just jealous when he saw Jacklyn with another guy. Some people just need to learn the hard way and Arian & Jacklyn need to. I don’t usually watch reality shows, but Tough Love was a great one.

5. Becky says:

Does anybody know the name of the very last song that played at the end of the finale? It was playing while it was going through the updates with the cast. Please help me, I was really digging that song!

6. Marie says:

When I first saw the previews for Tough Love before it started I thought it looked so lame!! Steve seemed like a tool bag and all the girls seemed like airheads and @!(&@@)$$`$(@+)@$ es.
    But….I gave it a shot and think Steve is great and had so much to offer the women. I fell in love with all the ladies on the show in a different way….what a great cast. Props to Taylor and Jody…my 2 favorites. I can’t wait for season 2!

7. Maria Campos says:

I loved this show, it’s the best. I just hope that my sister-in-law sign’s up for next season. Cause she really needs, to stop being picky

8. Olivia Wilder says:

For fellow fans of this show, both Steve and his (very youthful!) mom, JoAnn, will be guests on my show, “Olivia Wilder Times,” this coming Monday, 5/11, at 6 pm PDT/9 pm Eastern. If you pre-register for a listener account you may participate in the accompanying live chat, and you may also phone in one question or comment by typing your area code in the chat room plus “calling.” (No blind calls)
    The URL is http://www.blogtalkradio.com/olivia/2009/05/12/FROM-VH1S-TOUGH-LOVE-STEVE-AND-JOANN-WARD-

Hope you will listen in!

9. candy says:

Why don’t you throw in a single male in there and try to finf him love? That would mix it up a little.

10. Catherine says:

Steve is awesome at this, the look is right the dialogue is right. I think that all of these women will carry the experience with them. Dang how could Jacklyn not think about that fine man Brock. Nuf said I will tune in for next season.

11. Taylor Royce says:

Steven Ward, I love you like a brother. You truly are something so special to me and the world around you. I hope to see you soon, because I really do miss you. Tell your momma I love her and hope all is well.

Love always,

Taylor

12. Sandra says:

I really enjoyed the show since I have been dating since I was 17 (I am 24 now). I could relate to all women on the show and felt that I learnt a lot from Steve.

Sandra from Sweden

13. Barbara says:

I watched this show and was a little disappointed. How come Steve is focusing only on the problems WOMEN have? Seems to me that there are just as many men as women out there with commitment issues, pickiness, sense of entitlement, etc. Why not change tactics and have Steve’s mother fix a few MEN in Season Two?

It takes two sane, well-adjusted people who are both ready for love and ready for a commitment to make a happy relationship. Ironically, only one or two of Steve’s “projects” ended up in a happy relationship, and for several, no believable cause of their breakup was mentioned. If one of the relationships made on the show were dissolved, AND if the breakup was the girls’ fault, like Jacklyn going back to Greg, it WAS mentioned. Jody and her man went their separate ways. So did Abiola and her man. So maybe the men they chose had some issues THEY weren’t forthcoming about!

And furthermore, if Steve Ward is such a great matchmaker, why does he have to have a male casting call to find good men for these women? Why does he have to dangle a free months’ membership to men just to equalize the men with the women who’ve signed up? Shouldn’t he already have a fantastic database of fantastic men just waiting for a good relationship?

These are serious questions, people, and I certainly would not sign up for a membership with Steve unless he was happily married AND had at least one man for each woman in the service, which he does not. Add to the fact that none of the relationships he set up on Tough Love worked out (except for one), red flags are everywhere!

I still think there are less men ready for a relationship than there are women. And maybe the men aren’t as well-adjusted as he would champion them to be. So why pick on the poor women? Hasn’t Steve realized that maybe some issue-ridden MAN passed on his issues to these ladies in the first place? People don’t naturally respond to others with hurt, silence, pickiness, and fear. Not unless they’ve been deeply hurt themselves, somewhere along the line. Who hurt them? Some issue-ridden man, which is the source.

So why not go to the source, Steve? Eradicate the issues of your precious gender and then you might actually find that women won’t have the issues you addressed in Season One. This is why I think Steve and his matchmaking service is an absolute crock.

Personally, I’m not watching next season until Steve himself can address a few more of these questions in better detail. Of course, that will probably never happen because he probably can’t answer them right and still promote his show as something of quality, integrity, and substance. Patti Stenger, the Millionaire Matchmaker, does a better job with both men and women than Steve does.

Ladies, all human beings have issues. Don’t make Steve think that women are the ONLY gender with them. There are a lot of men who need some help too. Is Steve even married yet? That should tell you something.

VH1, really. Give us a show that’s actually fair to both genders. You’ve lost me on this one. I’ll be watching Millionaire Matchmaker because I like Patti’s style. She’s got people figured out a lot more than Steve Ward.

14. Peter says:

Good show…. Alittle disappointed with Jacklyn just shows she is still has alot to learn.

15. Dee says:

I was watching the final show and was disappointed to hear that Jody and Shane had broken up. I think Shane is a very amazing person and he has such a warm smile. I wish Shane all the best and some woman is going to be very lucky to have him. I also think Jody has alot to offer a guy and wish her all the best.
    I did learn alot watching the show and hearing Steve. So things he pointed out were things I needed to see in my self.
    Best of luck to all the girls. And just a note Steve and Shane were the best looking guys on the show. Just saying.
    Dee, Texas

16. Melodye says:

Steve was surprised that Jody and Shane didn’t work out – I wasn’t the least bit surprised! She should not have slept with him in Vegas. And he is a controlling jerk. He made Jody cry, for Pete’s sake. Jody should have trusted her instincts – don’t give “a second chance” to a guy who makes you cry. His only attraction to Jody was physical – he even told that to Steve after the first date; he was really judgmental about her personality. But Steve missed that. Congratulations, Steve, you turned Jody into a slut. And Shane got some a**.

17. Bluparadize says:

I think Jacklyn is such a weak-minded woman when it came to her ex Greg. She wouldnt close the emotional door and moved on. He didnt care about her because he drove her to the airport to be a part of the show. While she was crying during the “exs” episode, he wasn’t showing any emotion or signs of concerns. The only time Greg showed some concern was when Brock came to the party. You want to know why Greg did this? He did this because his little manhood was hurt, not that he really cared about Jacklyn at all. Right then and there, he decided that “I dont want her right now and I dont want anyone else to want her right now”. The whole marriage proposal when she got home was to accomplish this mission! Because he knew what kind of emotionally weak woman she was.. he knew she was gonna fall for it. Mission accomplished Jackyln fell for Greg’s sham proposal and lost Brock all in one action! The best advice I can give her is …when a man’s actions and words dont match up..its time to LET IT GO!

18. lol says:

I don’t think there will ever be men in the cast on Tough Love because Steve would be intimidated by them. When it’s all girls in the cast, he can talk like he does to them and act like he’s hard, but I bet if there were men he would be 1000X more respectful in his approach. I know its called “tough love”, but his condescending tone is really uncalled for most of the time. Not that it’s a bad thing, but I’m pretty sure he’s gay. But I think because he is he has issues with women. Not saying all gay people do, but it would explain why hes such an $@@_(+!(__(#`$* to them.

“I feel better prepared to someday commit to my life partner”

Nuff said.

19. Kimberly says:

I LOVED this show!! It’s the only show I’ve ever seen that was real and genuine, unlike the other ridiculous shows like “Rock of Love” or,(even more pathetic,)”Daisy of Love.” Steve is extremely insightful and the cast was great! Taylor- you are awesome, girl- I respect you a lot for becoming such a classy, self-respecting person. Believe it or not, I had zero respect for you and a couple other girls in the beginning of the season, but you and Jodi especially are really great. If you read this, best wishes to you!!

20. MzMakeItWrk says:

My mom followed this one from start to end. She keeps sayin I should be on this one…

Honestly…I watched a handful of shows…I hate when my mom is right LOL

21. Holly says:

I haven’t been able to completely keep up with the show but with what I have been able to keep up with the show has proved to be eye opening and revealing. I have been able to see that there are a few things I could fix with myself and thus my relationship. This show isn’t just for single women. Married women can learn many things as well. Really enjoyed the show and I believed Steven had all great advice. It’s to bad some of the women didn’t listen but we all have our faults. I’m glad to hear most of them are on the right track.

22. Amy says:

I can’t believe Jacklyn blew it like that
    you think she would have more courage to be like leave me alone Greg goes to show you

I can’t believe Jody and Shane ended there relationship I wonder what happened there? Did he get all weird again?
    I was stunned by Taylor but I understand if she feels she’s not ready for an actual relationship but then again she wasted her time being on teh show quite frankly because everyone else (maybe not Arian but mostly everyone was READY 100% for an actual attempt at finding love)

Arian= wtf was up with her mom?? um her mom acted like her friend NOT her mom

Abiola= great job really proud

Jessa= Could hardly get a read from her
    felt as if she was hard to read sorry

Stasha= wow she got married dang why did she come on this show again??
    Natasha= could have stepped it up but glad she found love on her own

23. SUSIE Q says:

I LOVED THIS SHOW. IVE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE IT. I TUNE IN EVERY WEEK, JUST TO LEARN AND TAKE HIS PERSPECTIVE ON ALL THE DATING AND SELF DESTRUCTIVE THINGS WE AS WOMEN DO TO OURSELVES. STEVES BREAKS IT DOWN FROM A MALES POINT OF VIEW AND THOSE LUCKY 8 LADIES RECIEVE ALL THE TOOLS TO FINDING LOVE IN THEIR LIVES. I LOOK AT MYSELF DIFFERENTLY AND IM STARTING TO REALIZE SOME OF MY OWN DATING PHOPAS. BUT WE ALL HAVE DATING PHOPAS AND WE ALL MAKE MISTAKES AND WILL CONTINUE TO DO SO, BUT I THINK THIS SHOW TEACHES A LESSON IN SELF DISCOVERY AND SELF LOVE. BECAUSE UNTIL YOU LOVE YOURSELF COMPLETELY AND HONESTLY,YOU CANT EXPECT SOME ELSE TO OPEN UP AND LOVE YOU HONESTLY EITHER. BTW OMG TAYLOR SO PROUD OF YOU. YOU REPRESENT THE MESSAGE THAT PEOPLE DO HAVE THE ABILITY TO CHANGE AND GROW INTO A BETTER INDIVDUAL, WHEN PRESENTED WITH THE PROPER GUIDANCE. GIRL YOU HAVE TO ABILITY TO INSPIRE! ABSOLUTELY CANNOT WAIT FOR NEXT SEASON!

24. Jamie says:

I feel the need to stand up for Jacklyn. She made the right decision for herself. I can’t blame her. I would have done the same thing. It’s hard to leave the past in the past, especially when you feel so strongly for someone. Even though things didn’t turn out the way she hoped, it still doesn’t mean it was the wrong decision. I’m sure she learned a great deal from that experience that will only help her in her quest for love. No one is perfect.
    Steve Ward…you are so awesome! It was great to watch a show that was genuine. Women, and men as well, need to learn lessons about communication and recieve proper feedback whether it’s bad or good. These girls, with the exception of a few, seemed to really learn things that will not only help them find love, but also help them become a better person.
    I love Taylor and Jody. They made the show!

25. Green_Bird says:

I love, love, LOVE what Steve is doing, but my god does this interview reek of a pretentious and !`~@#^*%_)&!@^^# y man.

26. Mitchelle says:

I just saw this today. I was watching the Millionaires club on Bravo. Stasha was on it!

27. maria says:

I was watching one of the Millionaire matchmaker
    and I notice that one of the girls that was in Tough Love
    was also in the Millionaire matchmaker series with millionairs brett and David, Sasha is her name.

28. May says:

i loved this show .i learned alot from it . i have to say that this show has helped my relationship alot . i used to be very insecure and scared of getting hurt but i learned that i cannot be scared andi have to realize that his guy does love me .

29. LEGALLYBLONDE39 says:

I agree with you lol, this man is gay gay gay (not there’s anything wrong with that,,) just surprised it didn’t come up in the interview, that’s the first thing I would have asked steve. Life partner indeed!

30. LEGALLYBLONDE39 says:

there is something wrong with the pool of men he set these women up with

31. G-Baby says:

I think Steve ROCKS! I understood every point he was trying to make with all the women. By the finale you could see how confident the girls were. Just the way they carried themselves was different.
    I’m super proud of Taylor and Jody. They really want to love and be happy.
    Jacklyn is still young, Arian I have no comment. I’d like to see how Natasha is doing with her new guy Steve mentioned. Jessa is confusing to me.
    It’s good to hear Abiola is empowering other women paying it forward. That is awesome.
    I can’t wait for season 2. Especially to see a single mom (cause I’m one too!).
    I think Taylor should have her own show!

32. LERY says:

WOW…I SIMPLY LOVED THIS SHOW..NOT ONLY THE SHOW BUT STEVE!!! HE JUST BROUGHT SO MUCH REALITY TO HOW MEN SHOULD TREAT WOMEN. HE JUST IS ADORABLE, AND HIS MOTHER DID A GREAT JOB RAISING HIM!!! IS HE IN A REALTIONSHIP AT ALL??? I OFTEN WONDER THAT? I WANTED TO PUNCH JESSA WHEN SHE SAID I JUST DONT LIKE U…WHAT THE HELL, SHES NOT EVEN CUTE AND SHE HAS NERVE TO SAY THAT TO HIM…I SAW STEVE AT PUBLIC HOUSE IN PHILLY A FEW WEEKS AGO, I RECOGNIZED HIM RIGHT AWAY BUT OF COURSE MANY WERE TRYING TO TAKE PICS…I SOOO WANTED TO TALK TO HIM AND JUST SAY CAN U HELP ME OUT…LOL..CAN U TELL WHAT KINDA GIRL I AM BY THE LOOK ON MY FACE…BUT I WAS TOO CHICKEN..HE PROB WOULD THINK I WAS A STALKER..LOL..WELL I WOULD LOVE TO BE ON THE NEXT SEASON I AM A SINGLE MOM..BOYFRIEN OF 15YRS LIVES WITH ME AND OUR SON IS ALMOST 2. I JUST FEEL OUR REALTIONSHIP IS GOING NO WHERE..15 YRS SINCE JUNIOR YR OF HIGH SCHOOL ON AND OFF OF COURSE BUT HE JUST WONT MAKE THE COMMITMENT THAT I NEED. ALSO, WE FIGHT EVERYDAY WHICH ISN’T HEALTHY..IDK WHAT TO DO…HE IS A GOOD FATHER I JUST DONT FEEL HES THE ONE FOR ME…OH WELL DEF TUNING INTO NEXT SEASON…CANT WAIT

33. Az Cactus Flower says:

Adrian needs to learn that life is very much like the old saying ” What you see is what you get” and yet she is upset when people treat her like trash!!!
    the only difference between she Adrian, and a street walker is they( the street walker) does not pretend to be something they are not, and when they are not treated with RESPECT they are not offended…But hey with a mother like hers, who seems to be completely OK with her daughters behavior, could it be, because she taught her daughter, every thing she knows? How do you spell TRASH!!!

34. May W. Saechao says:

I like the idea of having a single mother on the show. I am a single mother and dating is a lot different then when I was a regular single girl because a child or children are involved. I think alot of single women, even single men might learn something if there was a single women to represent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! By the way Steve, can you please come down to Seattle, you are so hot!!!!

35. TORRE says:

RBD IS RETURNING IN YEAR 2010!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’M SO EXCITED. THEY MIGHT MAKE THE SECOND SEASON OF RBD LA FAMILIA, THE MOVIE, A TOUR, AND A PART 2 OF THE FINAL CD!!! #1 FAN HERE OF RBD CAN’T WAIT! I LOVE RBD!!!!!!!!!

36. Reese says:

HEY!
    Okay so I’m 19 and for lack of a better word LOST. I watched your show with my friend and she oh so kindly pointed out… I have no idea what I’m doing when it comes to guys. I tend to date guys that SEEM nice but end up being manipulative and controlling, I almost always lose all of my friends and its just too much. Worse if I do finally find a guy who isn’t like that he tends to be too immature and a trouble maker. So I place this question to you, how do I know what kind of guy is right for me?

37. Trish says:

I rewatched this show from the beginning online. I have a sister who is beautiful, but sabotaged herself her whole life to the point that she is not married at 56,and has never been married. Those who do not like you, simply see things in these women they don’t want to accept. You did an awesome job. After coaching my own sister for the last 3 years, she has also found love. You help in such a short time.I was married at 21 and am now 44.Women don’t like to hear the truth. They believe they are right. The scream and argue and close their minds. You being a guy, were able to break through and teach them. This was a great show.Best of luck.

38. lisa says:

I agree with Barbara… Season 2 they should focus on men with commitment issues. Cause we all know some men have issues they need to get over.

39. Sweetalmond says:

I love Brock!!! If anyone knows how to get him, let me know. ;) Brock was a perfect gentleman and showed a lot of confidence by coming on this show. Jackie was wrong to let you go and she’ll regret it. Steve seems like a great person. Keep up the good work, your show is fun and shows a lot of insight on men!

40. inlove says:

i loved this show i was one of those skeptical women that found something wrong in every men true men do have some issues but not all men do i am now with a man that have has past issues but has learned to move on and not judge every woman the same so kuddos to what steve has done he has opened eyes and remember he is representing the male perspective and its true men do judge us so why not learn on how to better ourselves.

41. rachel says:

i just want to say that despite the rumors of the fakeness of this show, i enjoyed it…for entertainment. it had it funny moments, and in reality, good points were made. in the event that it was real on any level, i totally think that jacklyn made a horrible choice!!! brock was sexy as hell, and greg just looked like a douche!!!! she was stupid for ever even thinking he would change. now i do believe that change is possible, but did she even pick up on the way he was acting when they reunited on the show?!? out of all the women i thought maybe there was some degree of truth to her. and it did shock me about shane and jody (if they were real). but in any event, the show was a good was to relax and be entertained on a sunday night.

42. Sarah says:

Jacklyn’s a dumb@$$. I am SO irritated with her. I’m from OK as well and I am sufficiently embarrassed we come from the same State. Brock is THE perftect guy: kind, curteous, accepting and beautiful both inside and out. That b*tch chose a hopeless, forgettable loser because he presented her with a ring… was I the only one watching the episode Greg showed up on??? Jacklyn, I was pulling for you and thought you really had what it took to move on and move forward. Everything you f***in cried about wanting in a guy you found and you HAD; suddenly you allow your pathetic ex to pick you up and voila! Engaged! … And then not so much. At the end of the day, you were never, ever good enough for Brock. You are just as pathetic as your ex. Greg could not have originally made himself more clear about his disinterest in you and your overall feelings if he had screamed it in your face. You’re disgusting. Good luck in the love department, you’re going to f***in need it.

43. Rachell says:

Bleh I was irritated with Jacklyn as well; however, she really was hung up on her ex and it was clear that she had not moved on completely. It sucks that Brock got put in the middle of that, but it can be tough for a woman to cut a man off completely when she has invested so much in him and when he gives her hope (ie, an engagement ring when being reunited) /sigh. She’s young and learned an important lesson and lost a great guy in the process. Now that she’s free, she will have time to focus on healing her heart so that she can give it wholly to the guy who deserves her.
    I’m sad to hear that Jody and Shane didn’t work out together, they both seemed very happy with each other, but apparently Shane seemed to have some anger issues, if he can blow up at a woman when they are first dating, it can only get worse from there. She’s such an amazing woman, I know she’s going to find someone great. She’s beautiful, intelligent, has a wry sense of humor and a good heart. Not to mention she’s a career girl and self sufficient. Don’t mean to gush, but this woman is a keeper!!!
    Steve is gay and it was so funny to me to watch the slutty chicks throw themselves at him lmao. He’s a great guy and his partner is pretty lucky :)

44. Ixia says:

I like the work Steve did with these girls. Yeah, you can’t teach them all(Arian, Jacklyn)but I think they all benifited from the experience. I think its important for women to realize that they are seen differently by men. I have been married for almost nine years and have seen a lot of my friends relationships go downhill because they expected different things from their partners. I’d have to say the secret to my relationship’s sucess is compromise on both sides. Many people forget that. Good luck next season Steve!

45. Laz says:

I respect what you doing. It’s a lot of girls who really need tough love. By you being hard on them and telling and showing them the male point of view is good. At least your trying to help them instead of them learning the hard way. Don’t stop being tough. If they can’t handle it they can just leave whenever they want. This world is not going to baby them. So I respect what you are doing.

46. Angel says:

Steve, I would love to get to know you. Are you single? I am very serious, not a stalker or anything like that, I just think you are a great catch for any woman, I would really like it if you gave me a chance. Angel

47. Alex says:

Hey there…I have a friend that would be more than perfect for Tough Love 2. PLease tell me where I can submit video on her. She is 27, and never has found true love. She is the “nice person” too nice and always attracts the wrong guy. Now as a paralegal, she spends her time at work and weekends alone. She sees everyone around her getting marriewd and doesn’t understand why she can’t find love. PLease help.

48. found it already says:

im still mad that jodi and shane didnt end up married her and taylor were my favorites but when i watched the final episode i was just in a bad mood for the rest of the night because i just wanted them to be together!

49. Nicole says:

Steve I think you’re doing a great job with trying to help these women. But all you can do is try, it is up to them to help themselves in the end. I have been married for almost eight years. I got married when I was eighteen to my first boyfriend. We have had a tough first couple of years but we have worked through it and now we just can’t live without each other. I have just finished C.A.T and taking a break from ACCA to spend some quality time with him. You keep up the good work cause everyone can find love.

50. brianna says:

i love this show its awesome i wish jacklyn a nd brock would have stayed together they were so cute aaaaaawwwwwwwww

51. pattie says:

good show, can’t wait till season #2. hope there’s a little more respect in season 2, didn’t like the attitudes of a couple of the girls, i wondered why they just didn’t leave. no worries there’s always going to be people like this, BEST WISHES TO THE WARDS. i wish Jacklyn, Jody, Taylor, Jessa, Natasha, all the best. love from cali

52. Lola says:

so basically steve didnt find any one of the girls on the show love at all? what a floozy.

53. Iomoio says:

We are a group of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community. Your site provided us with valuable information to work on|.You have done an impressive job!