Jessica Simpson’s The Price Of Beauty Coming Soon To VH1!

jessica_simpson

Jessica Simpson is returning to reality TV!Next year, she’ll behitting VH1 to explore what constitutes true beauty. Details in the press release below!

No matter where you are in the world, chances are, you know that Jessica Simpson is no stranger to the spotlight. Her hit pop and country songs, movies, television and eponymous collection of shoes, clothes, bags etc. have helped to keep her in America’s eye, but we all know Jessica for more than just her career achievements. Jessica has been followed, studied and scrutinized since she released her first hit single at the age of 19. Now, Jessica turns the tables on our culture and cultures all over the world to find The Price of Beauty, her new original series on VH1.

The new VH1 docu-series, produced by RDF USA (Wife Swap, Secret Millionaire), takes Jessica all over the world to meet every day women. She may also discover some local pop culture icons on their own quests for beauty along the way. Jessica will study the local fashions, dietary fads and beauty regimes and even participate in some of the extreme practices she discovers.

“When Chris approached me with his idea for a show about true beauty, I was immediately intrigued,” Jessica stated. “I have always believed that beauty comes from within and confidence will always make a woman beautiful, but I know how much pressure some women put on themselves to look perfect. I am really looking forward to discovering how beauty is perceived in different cultures and participating in some of the crazy things people do to feel beautiful. I know we will all learn a lot on this journey and I am so excited that VH1 is coming along on what I’m sure will be a wild ride.”

Chris Coelen, CEO of RDF Media USA, said: “In this series, Jessica will tackle a serious issue with her unique and relatable blend of humor and heart. We’re thrilled to be in business with Jessica, Joe and VH1 on what we know will be an exciting and eye-opening show.”

“Perhaps more than any other pop culture figure on the radar today, Jessica Simpson has been the target of our obsession with beauty on both sides of the equation. She is a woman who can set trends and create firestorms with a single photo,” said Jeff Olde, EVP, VH1 Original Programming & Production. “We could not be more thrilled that Jessica now gets to take control of that conversation and take a look at the idea of beauty through her own unique, unfiltered lens. And we at VH1 are excited to be in the passenger seat next to her as she begins this fantastic journey.”

The Price of Beauty is set to begin shooting in mid July. Executive Producers include Jessica and Joe Simpson as well as Chris Coelen, Claire O’Donohoe and Greg Goldman for RDF USA (Wife Swap, Secret Millionaire). The show will be produced by Jeff Olde, Jill Holmes, Alex Demyanenko and Sean Boyle for VH1 to air in 2010.

1. River says:

Cant wait to see it!

2. River says:

Wow! This is gonna be exciting!

3. Marianela says:

love this new idea, cant wait to see it. Jessica Simpson is the right celebrity for this show, she’s really pretty but also understands that beaty comes from within and from who you are, and she’s funny too. lol
    hope the show comes to Bolivia

4. niel says:

cool

5. tarhop says:

I thought it was going to start this year, that stinks!

6. Tony Romo says:

7. MEME=) says:

I’m so glad that VH1 is SHOWING a CLASSY,PRETTY LADY LIKE JESSICA, NOT NASTY and NEEDs REHAB GIRL’S LIKE Megan and Daisy!!

8. MEME=) says:

SORRY, I 4 got 2 say nasty #(#^*#&_#$`*)~* NEW YORK!!

9. carol says:

cant wait to see jessica back on t.v. :)

10. purple_ice says:

Even though alot of people put Jessica down,I love her and think she is a good role model.I have a 15 yr.old daughter who struggles daily about normal teenage stuff.Jessica is a good role model she is not trashy and not on drugs,she is herself,and we all have stuck our foot in our mouth at one time or another.She is very beautiful inside and out,she’s the perfect person to do this show,I just hope she comes to some small towns in the USA,she could come to my hometown in Bristol,TN.I think she would be a good inspiration to young girls around here,and she would be greeted with open arms,so she should consider putting it on her list of stops,I think even older women would benefit from it,we all have issues no matter what our age.I am 37 and she is my favorite young entertainer,and I don’t care what anybody says about her,she is a classy,beautiful,young lady and I would LOVE to meet her someday.

11. purple_ice says:

I think Jessica is the perfect person for this show,she is beautiful inside and out.I have a 15yr.old daughter and I know all the stuff she struggles with.I hope that VH1 will put some small town USA cities on her trip,like she could stop in my hometown of Bristol,TN,girls around here and also some older women could use this,lets face it we all have issues no matter what our age,and I think she is such a good role model,she’s not trashy or on drugs,and we’ve all stuck our foot in our mouth at some time or another.Can’t wait to see her show.

12. HUGE JESSICA FAN!!!! says:

Does anyone know what cities she will be visiting?Would love to see her!She is a TRUE Insperation to me…I have been a fan since 1999,seen her in concert 3 times.I last seen her at the Grand Ole Opry,handed her flowers and she grabbed my hand and kissed it!!I was in shock!!My dream is to meet her and be able to talk to her…let her know how much she is apperciated.Can not wait for this show!!!YAY!!!LOVE YOU JESSICA!!!!

13. E-bawm says:

I’m not a big fan of reality TV but I am a fan of Jessica’s. I look forward to seeing her new show though I’m bummed it’s not airing until next year. I had heard it was going to start airing in Sept. Anyway, looking forward to it and I think they’ve got the right girl for this kind of show. She’ll do great!

14. Kal says:

I can’t wait to see this show!!

15. Lisa says:

this show is going to be sooo good. And i bet will absolutely disgust people because of how vain our society is!!! I CAN’T WAIT!!!

16. Lisa says:

This show is going to be sooo good. It will absolutely disgust people because of how vain our society is!!! I CAN’T WAIT!!! I wish it came on sooner!

17. Gina says:

I’m so excited about Jessica’s new show!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Angela K. says:

Can’t wait to watch!!! Big fan of Jessica in everything she does, from her music to the big screen to her fashion line. I’m sure she’ll have a blast & give us all a good laugh!! Best of luck to you Jessica & the crew!!

19. Lisa says:

When is it? I need more Jessica in my life!!!

20. Leila says:

Does anyone know when in 2010 this show will air? Look forward to seeing it!

21. JC says:

It will be airing on March 15th at 10:00pm with a sneak peak on vh1.com starting March 8th.

I can’t wait to watch it! I love Jessica Simpson! This show is perfect for her!

22. Cheyanne says:

YAY cant wait to see it! Jessica is beautiful and amazing!

23. p1xie says:

I hope she doesn’t act stupid like her last on and just be herself which I don’t think is a “Stupid Bleached Blond”.

I think her career would move forward if she didn’t act like the above and now that she’s getting older she should act like a mature smart woman.

Good luck to the show.

24. martina says:

i love jessica simpson, have watched every newly weds and own all on dvd, plus her tv specials, i own all her albums from the beginning, goodness me i sound like a stalker, anyway she beautiful and talented i shall b watching the show, its about time she was bak on the tv,
    good luck jessica u deserve it! x

25. Shannon says:

I cant believe that Joe Simpson is an Executive Producer. Does he have to control, and make $$$ off of, EVERYTHING she does? Get a new manager!

26. Caitlin says:

Jessica’s new reality show will be a huge success for VH1. I’m sure the majority will watch this show every single minute of it. I will be one of your many devoted viewers!!! Best of luck :)

27. soccermom says:

Wow, if this post really was from Tony Romo, I have lost all respect for him. How sad that he would post something like this…
    Tony Romo Says:

July 13th, 2009 at 3:17 pm
    “When Chris approached me with his idea for a show about true beauty, I was immediately intrigued,” Jessica stated. Yeah, right. I’m sure she said that. I doubt seriously she knows what the word “intrigued” means. She probably thinks it’s a kind of shellfish.

28. Sara says:

Can’t waaait :D I hope i’ll be able to watch it here in sweden :))

29. Laura says:

I think Jessica Simpson is a beautiful young woman inside and out. Good luck on your new show Jessica. I can’t wait to see it. ;-)

30. DeeDee says:

This show is really going to suck bad, I wont be watching this skank making a fool out of her self as she only knows how to to. NO ONE and I mean no one has approached her about doing another reality show, she and her perverted father is the one who came up with this idea and presented to VH1. She was quoted as saying she hopes by doing this she would get the fan base she had with Nick. This ugly piece of excuse of a women is not consisted with anything she does, she fails at everything. Only positive thing she has in her life is her clothing line at which she cant take credit for cause she don’t run it.

This really sucks i wont be watching this show, according to Reality critics they don’t think to highly of it either and not expecting it do well.

31. kylie says:

jessica simpson is trying way too hard to become famous again. she is so freaking annoying and completely stupid. i really do not understand why anyone would like her? i would like this show if she wasn’t in it! ahhhh go away jessica your days are over!!!

32. 88tida says:

yay! missed seeing her on TV, cant wait. Love her!

33. Katie says:

Jessica Simpson is sooo washed up! I mean come on, are her 15 minutes over yet?? She can’t sing or act and I doubt she is even capable of hosting a TV show. I really wish she would just disappear.

34. livininomaha says:

I think putting Jessica Simpson back on t.v. is very unnecessary. This show may have a good or interesting message but I probably won’t be watching it because of the host of the show. She’s a turn-off.

35. qwerty says:

I CANT WAIT TOSEE THIS!!!!!!!

36. Kim says:

I commend Jessica for doing this series.
    I think it would also be wonderful if Jessica would also talk about the issue of harmful and toxic chemicals in cosmetics also.

37. anom says:

Great idea for a show, but Jessica Simpson? mmmmm, not so much. Would have been so good with a more salt-of-the earth type of host.

38. farooque says:

Beauty with brains can make differance.

39. amtsop says:

I thought she said she would never do another reality show.

40. Karen Clark says:

I never Blog or any of this stuff but I just had to say to Jessica, “You go girl!” I am so proud to see you do this because of all the ignorance you endured from the press and all those who go along with the utter ridiculous idea that we all need to look like we need to eat a meal before we keel over. As long as we are healthy that is the key to a long and happy life. You are a very special young lady not only for forging ahead while you got hounded by a lot of people who had no right but you rose up and found a way to show everyone that Hollywood, the press and all those stupid magazines are not real life. That is why I will be watching your show. Little girls need to see this too and thank you Jessica for having the grace to always be a lady.

41. Bree says:

What time does this show come on?

42. jn self says:

Im looking forward to this

43. Sandra says:

“Beauty’s not Everything” by Sean Murphy would be a great song for “The Price of Beauty”

MySpace.com/seanmurphyguitar

Looking forward to the show!

44. sandi says:

love her no matter what

45. Bre Whiteley says:

“Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight.” ~ 1 Peter 3:3-4

46. Yoshiko says:

It seemed like an interesting idea and I was looking forward to watching until I saw the preview on )(_)+`$@()~#&$~ an. Why did the producers choose to have Jessica go the WAAAAY overdone geisha route?

For )(_)+`$@()~#&$~ anese, geisha are still not something discussed in polite society and besides, )(_)+`$@()~#&$~ an has its own modern beauty and fashion. Why this fascination with 100-year-old beauty sensibilities? Might as well dress her up as a Gibson Girl to represent American beauty!

47. Tamika Johnson says:

I think this show will be a great hit! Thumbs up to Ms. Simpson!! I’m going to encourage every one i know and their children to watch this show. it will be very educational and important to view. I think this is even bigger than Americas next top model.

48. Michelle Carnaghi says:

I’ve always been a huge fan and have watched you go through so many good and bad times all in the public’s eye and have been judged for everything you’ve done.

I was so excited to see that you were doing this show because I think in today’s world, so many things are thrown in front of women and if they don’t look a certain way or aren’t a perfect size they are judged.

Throughout my life I have always had weight issues and have gone through so many stages and been anorexic so many times because of what is set in front of me. After having my son, I continue to struggle with weight issues, but have found that even though I have strech marks and my body isn’t the size 0, 2 or even 5 that I once was, it is worth every mark because I am a mother, and that is beautiful!!

I totally respect you for doing everything you are doing and hope that one day our children won’t have these standards to live up to!!

Michelle

49. Carolyn says:

I think Jessica Simpson needs to just give up the skinny act and be real. She’s not going to be a model, she’s got weight issues and should be working through that with a counselor and a diet for life. Hopefully she will get a look at what is real beauty and hang on to that and give up the Hollywood act.

50. janice says:

as a woman I am so happy jesica is doing this show, Jessica went thru so much hell and heart ache over her mom jeans, but as they say out of something bad something good happens and now she has this show, Jessica you are my Angel, it is just so unreal that as human beings we have our life JUST ONCE and it seems we can not age, no one allows us to just live life, WHY? I pray people will start loving each other for the their human spirit, this has gotten lost and I pray people will just bring this back, Heidi Montag really is killing our young girls with all the plastic surgery at age 23, she was blessed with such beauty on the outside and that was not enough for her,I do not hold it against her at all this is her business but it should of never had the attention it did, this should of been kept quiet, none of us needed to know this, I know you will get the message across and I thank you for doing this and I hope this rubs off on every human being…God Bless~janice

51. Violet says:

I’m actually watching this show as I type this. I began watching it (with my husband) because it seemed like a positive show experience for young girls. Something for girls to watch and gain a true perspective about inner beauty, and an avenue for expression of such. I am highly disappointed!

In theory it is a great idea. However, it is being carried out in a terrible fashion. It seems shallow and as an excuse for Jessica Simpson to have another shot at reality.

There is no delving into personal stories, no history about the practices that are done by the women of the specific countries, to help us identify with anything.

It is a very “american” attempt at delving into the enigma that is beauty.

It is shallow, indulgent, and an epic fail! Great concept, terrible layout.

I’d rather watch Fantasia.

It’s the last time that I watch – thanks. But no thanks!

52. K says:

I wish she went to an Indian Reservation in the states, not everything is revealed on how beautiful a Native American woman is, and they are very beautiful SO sad she had to go outside the US to find culture and beauty.

53. winifrd says:

jesica the show is good but i feel you are not taking some of thier tradition serious, and things you do not know, instead of being clueless about it, you should ask and eduacate us and yourself for ionstant a tuk tuk is a form of transportation in thialand, a cheaper form instad of a taxi…..

54. Lee says:

After reading posts, posted – I have to agree 100% with Are You Serious? and K says,
    There are many beautiful people here in the US- and Jessica you act so stupid. Gagging on the insects that are treat for people in Thailand and other parts of the world. This may be the only thing some people have to eat. – Couldn’t you at least try to act educated. Didn’t you research where you were going? Do you think this is another attempt at acting stupid on TV and everyone is going to love you again?? All I could see was 3 very stupid people making fun of old customs, and Jessica – you looked horrible. Your hair looked dirty and your roots were showing. You – Casey and that Pavins something acted and looked so ))&@!**_+_~%__%&*) ed. When I look at you all I see is someone who farts in public –burps, is rude, uneducated self-centered shell of a person. I will never watch your show ever again – SHAME on VH-1 She does not have any beauty in my eyes.

55. Merry says:

She is the epitome of the ugly American. She is an incredible embarassment, her disrespect was epic. I can not believe VHI chose to air this.

56. Sara says:

Jessica is so pretty i wish i could be that beautiful!

57. Jae says:

I tried to find the show on Monday night and something else was on during the time slot advertised. I gave up and watched something else.

58. Suzie says:

Jessica,
    Thank you so much for taking the time to observe and experience what beauty means in other cultures. First, whoever says you are fat or are wearing mom jeans needs to be slapped in the face and then run over by a dump truck. Second, you go get girl! Your show and your mission are truly inspiring. Thank you for being a real woman and taking other women to places we may never have the privilege to travel. God bless and please stay true to who you are!

Suzie

59. S.J. Smith says:

I watched the show this morning and was very impressed. I really enjoyed it and think I may continue to watch it. The only thing I found ironic that VH1 did was they had a commercial some weight loss drug during the show. What a drag when you start to jump on the bandwagon that beauty is not always the outside and then hit with a “you’re too fat” buy our drug commercial…. Thanks for the laugh VH1.

60. Sam says:

I was really looking forward to this show.. but really??? I did not find anything educational about it. I mean they could have done it much better. The show does not focus on Natural Beauty, they spend more time showing what Jessica and her friends do around the world.

61. Donna Clere says:

I have never written about a tv show but I feel so inspired about Jessica’s new show. I really enjoy watching it! Hat’s off to her. She is a great role model for women everywhere.

62. susan g. says:

jessica is authentic, sincere, and brave. luv the cultural explorations – the world is a way bigger place than the tired press of the tabloids. so great that jessica is rising above to claim her right – to define and claim her own sense of beauty. she really shines.

63. Minnesota says:

interesting show, but does anyone else think that Jessica is on drugs? she seems slow, sedated – maybe it is The Price Of Fame . . .

64. John says:

Hey Jessica!!!

Lod your Show…absolute inspiration!! Glad someone has the balls to go out to different countries and see the price of beauty! All you HATERS! out there! Wise up if you dont have anyting positive to say then Please dont say it! At the end of the day, no one has forced you to watch the show! U watched it!!!

Come on Jessica!! The Price of Beauty is AMAZING!!!
    Love u Jess! Keep it up & dont let the haters get you down x

65. nrmom says:

What a great show! Growing up with in the age of twiggy and pressure to be extremely thin, it is so wonderful to see this show and watch it with my daughter. Jessica and her friends are fun and caring, and genuine.

A wonderful message and an interesting subject.

Thanks for creating this show, I can’t wait to watch then next episode.

66. Thelma Nwosu says:

I would of loved to see The Price of Beauty show West Africa’s beauty for example, Nigeria, Ghana and other west African nations. I hope you will consider it.

67. s.benner says:

hope to be able to watch her vh1 show the price of beauty on line asap.
    please. thx

68. Kyla says:

I don’t think you guys actually understand what the point of this show is. Jessica Is traveling around the world so that she could show Americans, people who think they own it all and can stereotype, that it’s different in every part of the world. She is showing that what you think is defined as “beauty’ could be ugly to some people or just bland. How many times have you heard that you have to be skinny if you want to be a model. Or you have to be skinny to have a boyfriend or you have to be like us to fit in. The way you guys sound, from what you’re saying, is showing me that you are the ones who stereotype. I know what it is like to be made fun of because i weigh too much or because i was Hispanic and Black and i didn’t look like others. I just looked “ugly.” and because nobody else has done it, Jessica and the producers of this show took a stand and did soemthing about it. There iss no definition of the word Beauty and the people of this show know that and they are trying to get others to realize that as well. I have, a long time ago, so actually what their doing, traveling to get proof that everyone is pretty, is what needs to be done so that one day nobody will look at someone and judge them for the way they look. So Thank you Jessica, Cacee, ken, and everybody else a part of this show.

69. Amber Jade says:

First off, I’ve always liked Jessica’s music and style.
    I am watching her show and I’ve seen clipse of her next venture to Uganda.
    Its interesting however,why go to a certain part of Africa where beauty is fat and they live in huts with numerous bugs?
    Why not go to an addittion area also where it is very modern and similar to the cities in the United States with a different more exotic view of beauty?
    Africa is a very large continent with white africans as well as black and there are many major cities with different views for each area.
    I think that would broaden the real view of Africa and eliminate the common misconceptions we see in America on televion that the entire continent of African people only look and live one certain way.

70. itai says:

what was the name of that burping tea that she drank?

71. tami schaefer says:

I’ve seen two episodes and I REALLY like the show. Jessica is adorable and I like learning about the cultures of other countries. I like that she’s not afraid to experiment and has a positive attitude. I’ve talked to my facebook friends and suggested they see it as well. Thanks Jessica!

72. Miss Washington State says:

Jessica – you’re not making yourself look any smarter in this show… you claim to be in other countries to learn about their culture but then become irritated when Moroccan women say you’re dressed inappropriately in your daisy dukes (so short the pockets are sticking out of the cutoffs) You need to respect their culture, you are in their country not the USA! If your show is about taking pride in how you look and respecting those who are different from you then you should cover up when it’s obviously necessary. FYI – no bare shoulders in most Catholic churches, God gave you a body to respect and cherish, not “show it” as you so eloquently put it. Have some decency!

73. Lias says:

I really like Jessica Simpson. She is so normal, even though she’s in LA. She doesn’t starve herself, or get tons of plastic surgery (*cough* Heidi from The Hills). She’s just herself!!

74. Tina says:

Jessica,

Your are amazing and unbelievable. I love your personality, your down to earth, smarty witty, and beautiful! Continue on with this show. You have grabbed my attention. Im HOOKED!!!!

75. Molly says:

I absolutely love this show. Good to see Jessica back on TV, being herself…it’s refreshing. She is unafraid of being herself and for that I applaud her! She is a natural beauty and a natural person.

76. Zella says:

Jessica’s show is a great concept, and the subjects of each episode are on-point. I watch it every once in a while and like it for those reasons–it’s as good as NatGeo to me. I spend time cringing about how she acts though. The episode I watched today in )@@&`^%+)*##~`% an was so embarrassing. But Jessica is honest even in her ignorance, and she is brave to go all around the world to find out about different approaches to beauty.

77. allie says:

Dear Jessica I looked up to you for so many reasons and I will always big a huge fan. I pray that you keep what you are doing and I would love to meet you one day in my life. you have helped me have so much confidence in myself lately. I cried when i watch the videos of you going to going around the world. I am not sure if you are still christian or not. I love your clothing line and jewelry and i am going 21 soon. I love you Jessica Ann simpson. btw my middle name is Ann to :)

78. Crystal Crowley says:

I just watched your show on VH1 dealing with high school girls. I found it life changing for girls that age, but I couldn’t help but think of my 2 YOUNG girls and think how they are already affected by what the “ideal: image should be…my girls are 6yrs.old & 5 yrs.old and too add; younger daughter appears to be more sensitive or aware of her outward appearance than mmy 6 yr.old. I am working with them on being proud of who they are, but I feel that society has steped in in my place..and at a very young age! I was just wondering if you would be interested in talking to a young group of girls to get them off on the right foot?!

I appreciate your time,
    Crystal Crowley

79. Zune and iPod: Most people compare the Zune to the Touch, but after seeing how slim and surprisingly small and light it is, I consider it to be a rather unique hybrid that combines qualities of both the Touch and the Nano. It’s very colorful and lovely OLED screen is slightly smaller than the touch screen, but the player itself feels quite a bit smaller and lighter. It weighs about 2/3 as much, and is noticeably smaller in width and height, while being just a hair thicker.

80. Never concern – weighty of companies offering cell phone lookup services are willing to facilitate offer backing on no supplementary sacrifice but you are unable after find the information you asked. Condition the details is still unattainable, they resolve refund you assistance.

81. On behalf of the past 15 so when 18 years, police had been by the forefront associated plus needing tracing instruments pertaining what time cell phone numbers since they needed to subsist able while continue to keep awake as well as both the development criminals were making. In favor of selected instant, certain people held this data at what time themselves.

82. brunette says:

what the hell happen to this show i was in love with it :(

83. lauren is 19 not an actress just a model and ‘curvy’ is in