New York Goes To Work Recap – Finale – Over And (Knocked) Out

That’s it, New York Goes to Work is down for the count…

nygtw_9_dn1_28

But is New York? And what about her career? As usual, her destiny is in your hands, America…

On this final pre-job van ride, New York announces, “I made it to the finale. Can you believe it?” No. I thought you’d die in the process of filming this show. Seriously. I was expecting New York’s last job to be one of casket fitter.

nygtw_9_dn1_2

But she survive! How shocking that she was able to do so with a whole film crew and stable of producers hoovering over her at every turn! Anyway, that was then and this is now. New York doesn’t care about the jobs she wasn’t paid for — one thing that she knows she can do is whip ass.

nygtw_9_gif1

One thing she can do even better than that mug beautifully while telling us about doing so.

New York meets her trainer, for this last, boxing gig.

nygtw_9_dn1_4

And then they are whisked to a “press conference.” Why wasn’t I invited? Aren’t I, like, the press when it comes to this show? The announcer calls the boxing match “one of the most heavily anticipated VH1 sporting events ever.” That’s because it’s the only VH1 sporting event ever. He reminds us that New York will go up against an opponent from her past, as determined by her viewing audience. Which one that is — Pumkin, Mr. Boston or Bryan the pig farmer’s son — will be announced immediately before the round. That means we have to watch a whole episode to find out what we’re normally told but moments in to it. If I didn’t have to watch it anyway, I might just be pissed about that.

Anyway, the whole point of this press conference, nay this episode, is this:

nygtw_9_gif2

What more could you possibly need?

Her potential opponents are brought out…

nygtw_9_dn1_6

nygtw_9_dn1_7

When it comes time for Pumkin to hit the stage, there is a delay. “Bitch, bring yo ass out here,” shrieks New York. But no, there will be no ass bringing. Pumkin’s a no-show. Sadly, here starts a motif. (Spoiler!)

Mr. Boston hits the podium for a few nonsensical words. New York applauds politely in advance.

nygtw_9_gif3

He’s going to give what is in his estimation, what the “audience” has been “waiting for for so many years: New York knocked down on the ground Mr. Boston style.” Yeah, my breath is bated. Oh wait, no. I just forgot to floss this morning.

nygtw_9_dn1_8

Is he afraid of being classified as a woman-beater should he take the ring? No — people ask him if New York’s a man anyway, so whatever. “Why would they say that about me?” hisses New York. Girl, if you really want to know that answer, ask someone in private, not at a press conference.

Bryan says some typically farmy stuff about dealing with/wrestling pigs.

nygtw_9_dn1_10

Is he comparing New York to a pig? Yes, because of the smell. Are you sure it isn’t my flossless breath?

When New York takes the stand, a member of the press asks her if she wants to face Pumkin.

nygtw_9_dn1_11

“Yes! Where is this bitch? Where is she?” asks New York, darting her eyes around. I imagine if someone told her at this point, “My, what wild eyes you have, New York!” then her response would be, “The better to professional wrestle you with!”

Training time! Here’s the dude who’ll be helping the guys:

nygtw_9_dn1_12

During his training, Boston reveals that people still to this day ask him about getting knocked out by Chance all the way back on I Love New York. Well, at least his 15 minutes are holding steady.

There’s is figure-8-ing with jump ropes…

nygtw_9_dn1_13

…and lots of bouncing…

nygtw_9_gif4

New York is working out in the same space as the guys, so when she slumps down, Boston is able to look over and ask her if she’s tired. “I just had roast beef, don’t be f***ing with me,” says New York. Yeah, make sure you stand downwind, Boston.

More training. At one point, Mark tells Boston…

nygtw_9_dn1_15

“If you’re tall stay tall. Make her come.” Indeed. Big guys seem to really turn her on.

Professional-ass boxer New York decides to take herself a professional-ass break.

nygtw_9_dn1_16

“Well, anyways, I’m gonna win,” she tells her potential opponents. Boston decides to turn on the charm (relatively speaking) and reference their past on-screen romance.

nygtw_9_dn1_17

How is it that she’s able to resist him at this point? That’s a lot of will power she’s exerting to keep from throwing him down on the floor and leaping on top of him.

nygtw_9_dn1_18

More trash talk: New York says, “Whoever loses, I’m gonna buy champagne.” “You’re going to buy champagne for yourself?” Bryan wonders. She tells him to shut up. As a mere antidote to nonsense, Bryan is a wonderful sparring partner.

And speaking of sparring partners, here’s who they’ll all practice with:

nygtw_9_dn1_19

During her 15 years of professional wrestling, Spice was known for picking up guys, dumping them and knocking them out. This declaration and its accompanying delivery cracks New York up…

nygtw_9_gif5

Fair enough!

Spice proves a formidable opponent on both of the guys…

nygtw_9_dn1_20

nygtw_9_dn1_21

When it’s her turn, New York resolves to go at Spice as though she’s a “thinner, prettier” version of Pumkin. The girl’s still got it! Her resolve changes to remorse after Spice cracks her on the face…

nygtw_9_dn1_22

New York moans on the side of the ring, “I don’t like that! I don’t like doing that!” Is she referring to playing punching bag?

nygtw_9_dn1_23

Afraid not. New York decides she doesn’t want to hit anyone in the face. That’s not who she is and she doesn’t want to be like that. Circumstantial pacifism is the most meaningful pacifism of all! I’m assuming then that her assertion in the beginning of the episode about knowing that she can whip ass was figurative, then.

New York discusses her misgivings regarding the match with Mia.

nygtw_9_dn1_24

She has to get over feeling bad and if this show has taught her anything, it’s to persevere. Or do as little as possible to get what she wants.

Speaking of, we then see her sitting in a church praying:

nygtw_9_dn1_25

Basically, she wants the strength to rearrange the faces that she can and the ability to freak out and make good TV otherwise at those she can’t. We see a last-minute training montage…

nygtw_9_dn1_26

nygtw_9_dn1_27

That’s about as much Pumkin as we get to see. As we find out at the match, she was, of course, voted by America to be New York’s opponent, but she just didn’t show up. That is sooooo reality star of her. It’s anticlimatic and sucks for the show, but I kind of love it because it is PERFECT.

nygtw_9_dn1_29

And so, New York will fight Mr. Boston. I’m not recapping the match because it’s a whole lot of nothing for four rounds. Boston knocks her down almost immediately and then repeatedly. New York, meanwhile kicks and windmills, despite this not being a kickboxing match, nor Amsterdam.

In the end, as the judges’ scores are tallied, New York seems to be taken by the support signified by the audience chanting her name.

nygtw_9_dn1_36

They end up getting identical scores and it’s a draw.

nygtw_9_dn1_37

Yay for anti-climax! That’s the true winner.

nygtw_9_dn1_38

But hey, at least Newy got a wardrobe upgrade! That’s thrust-worthy.

nygtw_9_gif6

In the end, she says that she learned a lot on this series. “I may not always succeed, but I’m capable of doing anything I set my mind to!” Except for, of course, the stuff that she can’t.

See you in I Love New York 3, then?

New York Goes to Work show page
New York Goes to Work videos and extras

1. Pumapayam says:

So everyone who voted for Pumkin getting a refund.

That was THE lamest episode ever.

And Mr. Boston, you need to check that bump on the corner of your lips before you go kissing people, even New York.

2. NewYorkLoverNo1 says:

she did her thang i love her

3. LEGALLYBLONDE39 says:

glad that’s finally over

4. Shayla says:

That is such crap about Pumkin not showing up to fight New York. America has been waiting to see that showdown for years!

If the rumors about Pumkin’s whereabouts are true, I’m going to be disappointed in VH1 scheduling things incorrectly.

5. Annie says:

Dear Tiffany,
    You can be nice, smart and funny sometimes. but you are too damn pampered. i wondered if the producers tell you to act like that or if thats who you really are. but i think your character is very fake, everything about NEW YORK is fake, your personality, your boobs EVERYTHING! know wonder why you cover yourself with all that makeup you should have stayed as a clown,….. im sure NEW YORK is just another ego of you… but NEW YORK i want to get to know Tiffany the real TIFFANY!

P.S YOU SHOULD MAKE YOUR OWN SHOW ABOUT YOUR EVERYDAY LIFE….. YOUR SHOW SHOULD BE CALLED I AM TIFFANY

6. Rodney says:

I was thinking the samething as well, I wanted to see Pumkin go at it with New York and all of a sudden she didn’t show up at all. I’m already pisst off at VH1.

7. Bae says:

Watching this show was like seeing a bad accident on the highway. You try really hard to not look at it, but you just can’t help yourself.
    I guess i’m saying that to say…PLEASE, for the love of GRAPE JUICE..DON’T GIVE THIS CHILD ANOTHER SHOW!

8. Shayna says:

I dunno. I like the show overall. I really didn’t care for her getting hit in the head by a guy!!!! I almost cried. I was thinking the same thing…about Mr. Boston he needs to watch who he is kissing with that thingy bump by his mouth! Gross. He seemed like he wanted that 10,ooo bad….but I think in the bigger pic he shouldn’t off been hitting her like that….it was horrible! That was the worst episode ever in that regard. It is dumb to see fighting….but esp a man hitting a woman….nawwwww :( I would like to see Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt on Dancing with the Stars. Or Angelina and Jennifer…..

9. janet says:

This episode was so fake! It was apparent that the whole thing was scripted and chereographed, and the audience was in on the “joke”. (I even saw the Fat, Naked Guy in the audience. Coincidence? I think not!)

New York needs to get a real job. Her 15+ minutes were over a long time ago! It’s time to pack it up and call it a day!

No one cares about your stupid antics!
    She’s ugly and looks and acts like a monkey!

10. NewYorkLoverNo1 says:

Annie dis idea with dis “i am tiffany” is not dat bad but sounds boring as &**%!)~@#+(%+)^ lol sry we all kno how new york is and i dont think shes fake i like her personality and who dont like it jus dont like it but dont think new york is gunna change fo ya´ll
    NAW !!!
    but this *~~^^&_%*(_!+@(% with pumkin is pissing me off so bad cuz i think new york didn´t kno 2 dat dis was maybe jus a cheat
    so yea NEW YORK .VS. PUMKIN???
    IDK IF WE EVER HAVE THE CHANCE 2 SEE DAT sad but true
    but may-B vh1 is making it good with a 3rd season i love new york

11. jesus is love says:

i really was disappointed in the finalae,seemed rigged. i would love for her to do i love new york 3 fan favorites return– dont you think midget max deserves another shot at new yorks heart?

12. mary says:

i would love to cage fight new york and her mother

13. Jen says:

They tape all of these episodes in advance they already know what New York is going to do they have everything planned out and taped. That’s why I don’t text in votes at all. They tell people to text in votes because they want to make lots of money out of this and we don’t really have a say in anything, it’s basicially a scam.

14. dick says:

dey cheated mr.boston u got yo #$$~$@#+)###+!` wuped but dey gave u dat @~`#*@#@@*&!$^`#) belt u loss @~`#*@#@@*&!$^`#)

15. paloma says:

OMG YOU BEAT UP A GUY! YOU GO GIRL! NO WONDER YOU DONT LIKE HIM.. HE’S NOT BUFF

16. nate says:

this was the worst episode…why would they put pumpkin as a chioce while vh1 already knew that she wans’t doing to be there..i usally dont comment about a show but this was really bad

17. melissa says:

I think she needs to quit doing reality shows. She is rude and stupid get a real job.

18. David says:

U DID IT!!!!!!
    I’m proud of U & I give U the biggest thumbs up for going thru HARD WORK.I really wanted U to FINALLY get your chance @ Pumpkin,but she didnt show up.So how does it feel to go home with half the money & what will U do Next

19. Mandi says:

Pumpkin posted on her myspace that she wasn’t going to go on because she didn’t want to take time out of her life for New York and she didn’t want to help boost her ratings.

What a liar!
    I don’t believe her. I think she’s just afraid of her. We all saw her fly into that camera!

20. mandi says:

Pumpkin put on her myspace that she didn’t want to take time out of her life…yeah right.

21. JayR. says:

New York if you want to fight pumpkin so badly why dont you just find her on the streets and whoop her tail.

22. Yvonne says:

THANK GOD IN HEAVEN THIS PIECE OF CRAP CALLED A SHOW IS OVER.

23. n lee says:

I think New York is a very smart and enterprising young lady who manages to keep our attention no matter what she sets out to do. She has made VH1 a lot of money in the past and I feel you owe her a little more respect than to allow her to be beaten about the head, on national television, by a big lanky jerk of a man you call Mr. Boston. What man would want to be recognized for hitting a woman. I was disgusted and angry. Tiffany deserves better.

24. nlee says:

I think New York is a very smart and enterprising young lady. She has managed to hold the attention of her audience not matter what she sets out to do. She has made a lot of money for VH1. I watched the season finale and was very disappointed to see that VH1 would allow a big, lanky, jerk of man to beat New York about the head on national television. What pus-face wants recognition for beating a woman? Tiffany deserves better. You owe her more respect than that.

25. PRETTY BROWN SUGAR says:

OK IT’S TIME FOR HER TO GET A REAL JOB OR A CRAZY CHECK

26. min says:

What was the reason given for Pumpkin not showing up?

27. someone says:

i think she should do i love new york 3 she still might turn out to be like flavor flav lol

28. Kris says:

Totally scripted. Honestly, New York isn’t strong and Boston prob would hv wooped her %*#_%~%~~!@)_`~ in real life. But apparently that would be bad publicity with all the woman groups out there. VH1 would get in %))^~`%&`_&^^^^% loads of trouble if Boston had fought her and beat the %))^~`%&`_&^^^^% out of her. So they took the easy way out and scripted it and made them both win. That way they cant get complaints of how a woman beat a man or how a man beat a woman. Good job VH1 for trying to feed us this bull.

29. program says:

Judging by the highlights -The entire show was terrible and really revealed alot of weaknesses. I am glad that I did not see all of the episodes. NY wines and complains a great deal. She sounds like a spoiled brat. She is not very smart, has no class and is so disrspectful. She really has zero core values and bad home training. Her attitude as a whole, makes her more non-pretty than she already is. Unless money comes into the picture, she should remain alone forever. NY is like yuk! She is rude and has zero talent. She is out of shape and lazy. I find it sad that she keeps getting shows and really has nothing going for her. One thing is certain if NY can get her own show anyone can.

30. blaq says:

This show was extremely insulting, why would they put a woman in a fight with a man, this is sending the wrong message and the fact the Mrs. Boston really went at her to hurt her really amplified the fact he is a weak little %@*)_#)`&^!`+$(~$ VH1 is a +~%~^`+^$(^%%(^` ing disgrace treating this woman like she is not a woman at all. I am deeple embarassed that I even watched this insanity.

31. blaq says:

This show was extremely insulting, why would they put a woman in a fight with a man, this is sending the wrong message and the fact the Mrs. Boston really went at her to hurt her really amplified the fact he is a weak little (##`$~~^(*)+@+*^( VH1 is a %_@#+@*()~)&(*@+ ing disgrace treating this woman like she is not a woman at all. I am deeple embarassed that I even watched this insanity.

32. HALEY BARNES says:

WHY CANT I GET PAiD 10G’s TO DO A JOB ?

NEW YORK- PLEASE DONT DO ANOTHER SHOW.

33. LINDA COLLINS says:

HI TIFFANY, I LOVE YOUR SHOW, THERE’S NOTHING WRONG WITH YOU BEING HARDCORE. CANT NOBODY SAY THEY CAN MESS OVER YOU EITHER!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!

34. Tiana says:

I love you NY you tha best i am just lyke you but kinda you judge dat you kicked bostons @_%$+(~!$_&$&+# proud of you! STAY STRONG

35. Kayla says:

I think New York needs to stay off of Reality shows for good and get a real job. There is nothing special about her. She is not a celebrity or anything like that and shouldn’t get so much attention. She’s gone through how many “I love New York” shows the “New York goes to Hollywood” and now this? Pathetic. And paying her $10,000 for an easy job that I, being 21 could do, seriously? Give that money to real deserving people. Not ones like her. Hell, I’ll do a reality show about going to work and you can give me a bunch of money! Do a show down here in TN and I’ll gladly do my 15 minutes of fame and be on my way!

36. KASHMERE says:

New York is an huge huge embarrassment to international TV. She’s a waste of time towards the TV directors & producers who air this show. She doesn’t need to find love nor take a vacation. She need’s to find a real job & stop depending on men to suit her needs. Talking about she’s the “HEAD $_@&$`%@`^~^_^_$! IN CHARGE”. New York can’t even sustain herself with a descent job. Her mother “Sister Patterson”, she should be very ashamed & embarrassed about how useless & ungrateful her daughter is. She’s dramatic, unladylike, lazy, flirtation & literate. New York needs to get her head out of the sand. New York needs to realize on what type of examples she is sending out for the younger viewers. Instead of New York, trying to use what she got to get what she wants. She needs to go back to school & maintain knowledge in her senses. Because right now, she’s totally making herself look like an uneducated idiot with no class on TV. She doesn’t need to be on TV period. She needs to be in the real world finding a REAL job. With the money she earn. Is she using the money to benefit herself positively or is she using the money to purchase unnecessary accessories??? That’s would I like to know???

37. KASHMERE says:

In the fight that she fought in. Mr.Boston she have gave it to her. New York is pathetic and such a fake. Wanna-be “Head B**** In Charge”. New York needs to start her age besides her shoe size.

38. StormyGayle24 says:

New York!!
    I am very proud of all the things you have done on New York Goes to Work. At first I was like “oh no, she’s not gonna do anything.” but after watching the show Ive come to realize that you are really trying to make it. You are a bit dramatic at times but I guess thats just the way you are. I just wanted to say congrats on the finale being such a success. Keep up the good work, I lovveee your show!!!

39. danielle1985 says:

you know what i think…New York is her own person…She is misunderstood by all of you cause you aren’t her!!! If some one told you how you should be…how would you react?
    This woman is empowering the reality TV business…Her momma raised her right cause she don’t take no _#+*^+!++^@~@$^* from anyone!! she’s out spoken…and she is saying it all over the world…where are you saying it? on your ^~++$_~+#++~#`^~ ing computers!!! She works hard..you all just don’t understand her ways!!keep getting your money girl!!! Your flawless…your hair your clothes your make up!! do you thang!! luv ya New York!!!

40. Clark Sanford says: