Adele, Kelly Clarkson, Leona Lewis and Miley Cyrus Head VH1 Divas Lineup!

Update: VH1 Divas 2010 has just been announced with performances by Katy Perry, Nicki Minaj, Keri Hilson, Sugarland and others. Kathy Griffin to host. Get all the details at VH1 Divas Salute the Troops.

divas_2009_lineup

VH1 Divas is back with a new crop of sirens! Adele, Kelly Clarkson, Leona Lewis and Miley Cyrus will head the lineup of this year’s show, which is set to air live Thursday, Sept. 17 at 9/8c. Peep the press release below, and click hit Divas.VH1.com to share your Divas Story about how your favorite diva influenced your life:

After a four-year hiatus, VH1 will bring back the legendary live concert event VH1 Divas by featuring some of pop music’s most talented female artists – Adele, Kelly Clarkson, Leona Lewis and Miley Cyrus. The VH1 Divas concert will be televised live on VH1 on Thursday, September 17 at 9/8c.

For the first time ever, these leading ladies at the top of their musical game will perform together live at the Brooklyn Academy of Music (BAM) Howard Gilman Opera House in Brooklyn, New York. Continuing in true Divas tradition, the evening will feature a night of unforgettable performances from various performers, presenters and special guests. Additional performers and presenters will be announced in the coming weeks.

Fans can go now to Divas.VH1.com to submit a “Diva Stories” text or video testimonial that tells the world how their favorite diva has influenced their life. VH1 wants to hear from all Divas’ fans – favorite songs, favorite moments and the craziest things they’ve done to show their diva how they feel. Select testimonials may be featured online and on-air leading up to this year’s live telecast. Users will also be able to browse and view other’s testimonials as well as receive news and updates on VH1 Divas. In mid-August, VH1 will launch additional online elements including past performances and Divas-inspired music video playlists. Users can also follow all show-related news and details, as well as thoughts on this year’s show from other fans by following the VH1 Divas twitter account at http://twitter.com/vh1divas.

“An amazingly talented group of young women have successfully launched themselves into the global music scene since our last VH1 Divas show. We’re very excited to have so many of them join us at this year’s momentous event,” said Lee Rolontz, EVP, Original Music Production & Development VH1, and VH1 Classic. “Adele, Kelly, Leona and Miley have all captured the world’s attention with their talent and have earned their designation as VH1 Divas this year. Don’t let some of their young age’s fool you – these women are among the best entertainers in the world and will continue to thrill music fans for a long time to come.”

Premiering on VH1 in 1998, VH1 Divas became synonymous with some of the most memorable live female vocal performances in television history. The show quickly became a highly anticipated annual phenomenon, generating speculation among music fans and industry executives on who would be part of that year’s telecast. Previous featured performers over the years included Diana Ross, Tina Turner, Cher, Mariah Carey, Celine Dion, Aretha Franklin, Mary J. Blige, Shania Twain, Faith Hill, Whitney Houston, Beyonce, Chaka Khan and many more.

VH1 Divas is executive produced by Lee Rolontz, Rick Krim and Patrizia DiMaria.

As in previous years, VH1 Divas specials raise funds for the VH1 Save The Music Foundation, a non-profit organization dedicated to restoring instrumental music education in American public schools, and raising awareness about the importance of music as part of each child’s complete education. Since VH1 Save The Music was created in 1997, more than $43 million worth of musical instruments have been donated to 1,600 public schools in 100 cities, improving the lives of more than 1.2 million children.

Exclusive VH1 Save The Music VIP tickets and Gold Circle ticket packages will offer premium seating to the live VH1 Divas concert plus pre and post party access and an exclusive gift bag. Event sponsorship opportunities are also available to the two distinctively different VH1 Divas Parties on the same night. For more information on tickets or to sponsor an event, please contact: Nia.Mack@vh1savethemusic.com or at 212-846-7324.

VH1 Divas is sponsored by Garnier® Fructis® and CoverGirl®.

[Images: Getty]

1. Shayla says:

The phrase “most talented” should never be used in &&^#@%#*$!+@__^ ociation with Miley Cyrus, ever. The other artists, however, are extremely talented and do deserve the ^)$!*^)^(^&+#+# le of diva.

2. Wow!! REally??? says:

Really? Really??

I can only imagine the target audience for this crap fest!

Pass!!!

I like Kelly but i dont even think its worth watching just for her, i mean skim through maybe..

wtf? where is Mariah? Where is Whitney? the people that they selected aren’t even Diva status, BS!

3. Mariahfan4eva says:

OMG I LOVE Leona, Adele and Kelly! They are defintely Amazinggg!! I like Miley too and I know she is HONORED to be able to sing with such talented artist! I wish Mariah Carey was doing this again!!! That was have been SPECTACULAR!!!!=D=D=D=D!

4. Janet Rogers says:

Miley Cyrus is rude, and a loud mouth.

5. martina says:

i love miley the most then second goes to kelly clarkson
    the rest are ok

6. Nikolás says:

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Where is MARIAH?????! WHITNEY????

7. annie :) says:

definitely NOT watching… why is Miley Cyrus heading VH1 Divas? WTF?! i like Adele and Leona Lewis but they’re too new to be considered “Divas”. and i just don’t like Kelly Clarkson.

why aren’t people like Whitney Houston, Beyoncé, Alicia Keys, Pink, Christina Aguilera, Mariah Carey etc. on there?

TERRIBLE job VH1….

8. Sergio ll says:

“talented”???? they could be good, but they need a lot of work to be in the Divas category, Where is Whitney, Mariah, Celine, Toni, real vioces, extrimly talented people. I’m dissapoint rigth now.,

9. SRD says:

I was afraid something like this would happen. Guess what? It did.

Miley is not even talented. As for Adele, Leona, and Kelly they can sing but they are not even close to being established enough to be a diva.

VH-1 what is wrong with you?

10. MREYECANDY says:

11. MREYECANDY says:

BEYONCE……… WHERE R U……..IM NOT WATCHING THIS FOOLISHNESS… THOSE R NOT WAT U CONSIDER DIVAS….. THE BARELY HAVE HIT RECORDS OR BEEN AROUND LONG ENOUGH TO BE CALLED A DIVA….. VH-1 WILL NOT GET MY RATINGS FROM THESE NON-SINGING MORONS………………..SASHA FIERCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE……….

12. cg says:

Miley really c’mon now. The only one really who deserves to be is Kelly, she has been in the business the longest out of all of them, seven years now. I am really excited for Kelly, Adele and Leona. But honestly this wouldn’t be a good show without Kelly. Some of you don’t know how good of a performance she can give.

13. Mirror2009 says:

ZZZZZZZZZZZZ…AHH!(SNORT),WHAT?…OH!….ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

14. Shan says:

I’ll pass on this show. No true divas here. Just wannabes.

15. kels says:

I don’t think I’m going watch this time around. The girls are not bad but they are certainly not divas.

16. Topaz says:

LOL – this list is laughable! Is this the best you could do? None of these “little girls” have not come close to being DIVAS yet. Maybe in time but not yet!! In the words of my grandmother – SUPRISED AT YOU!!! Go back and review…

Mary J. Blige
    Dixie Chicks
    Shakira
    Stevie Nicks
    Beyonce
    Pat Benatar

17. stefan says:

I want to know the true definition of a diva. As far as I know, these ladies in the pics are not divas . This is not serious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
    Tell me about Aretha,Diana,Tina, Whitney,Celine,Mary J ….
    The 2009 edition should be called”VH1 Pro-Divas live”

18. frank says:

DONNA SUMMER was also on the show and she BLEW everyone AWAY!! I sure hope you plan on getting some real DIVAS on this show!! So far, I see some very Divas-in Waiting on your lineup!! Get Donna Summer on there!!!

19. Tyler says:

MILEY!!! REALLY?? REALLY!!! You couldn’t find ANYONE better to fill the fourth spot??? Where are the REAL DIVAS…MARIAH, WHITNEY,TINA, DIANA, etc…???? I like the other 3, but they should be supporting acts, NOT headlining this show! MILEY IS TERRIBLE and I am afraid that you will sadly be losing viewers this year SOLELY on the fact that she is there instead of a more talented performer!!! I love how we are idolizing UNTALENTED people like Miley Cyrus these days, where is the future of the music biz going???

20. Anna says:

Ahah. What the hell? I knew this was going to happen.. but I had still hoped for real divas and only women with real talent to perform.

You’ll only get me to watch if the other ‘additional’ divas are either Cher, Stevie Nicks, Tori Amos or Tina Turner.

21. Shannon says:

*Barf* they can do better then that.

22. JC says:

No Olivia Newton-John?! C’mon!

These girls aren’t even old enough to have earned the right to be called Divas!

23. Vaun says:

Loves Adele..But I NEED RIHANNA & BEYONCE TO BE THERE…RIHANNA MUST AND I MEAN MUST BE THERE….AND ALSO CHRISTINA AGUILERA, KATY PERRY, LADY GAGA, RIHANNA, BEYONCE, LADY GAGA..LOL..Whitney & Mariah should most def be there!

24. Vaun says:

Loves Adele..But I NEED RIHANNA & BEYONCE TO BE THERE Please…Rihanna MUST & I MEAN MUST BE THERE..AND ALSO Christina Aguilera, KATY PERRY, Lady Gaga, RIHANNA, Beyonce, LADY GAGA..LOL..Whitney & Mariah should most def be there! The show will not be as good without the people above, I like Leona and Love Kelly, but we need the people above also.

25. zachri says:

Cant wait for the show!

26. David says:

come on… miley cant sing she sounds like a horse and her regular voice makes me want to scream… leona and kelly are great singers and even though i am big kelly fan i dont think she is a diva yet… they are stars.. and the other one never heard about..

27. John says:

Boo. Where are the real divas?!

28. brandon says:

vh1 you really let everyone down this line up doesnt work i just hope that Donna Summer and The Three Degrees get invited

29. Hilarious says:

I can’t believe these people can be divas. Hello, where are the true Divas like Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, Patti LaBelle, Celine Dion, Cher, Mary J. Blige and some other legendary female artists? I guess I would prefer seeing some little divas like Alicia Keys and Christina Aguilera to these female artists who haven’t come to the divas status yet. Not watching for sure!

30. Divazzzz says:

I remember Mariah once said ‘everybody is a diva nowadays’ in 2005. Oh yeah, that’s true! These have-1-to-2-hit girls are divas too! LOL! How crazy this world is now! Give us the true real Divas VH1!!!!

31. Fernie80 says:

I heard a few years back that they wanted to do a VH1 Divas a tribute to Mariah! I guess we have to wait and see in the weeks to come :)

32. kayla says:

i like kelly and leona but come on miley i respect her but she is not an artist especially not deserving of the ones that have previously been on the special we need real artist like mariah, whitney, alicia, brandy, monica, keyshia cole, jordin sparks should be on here because they are good and great influences to music not because of a popularity test.

33. Becca says:

Will these be on t.v.? Super excited!

34. nombs says:

Seriously, these are your headliners? Adele, Leona Lewis and Kelly Clarkson are fine singers in their own right, but they should not be headlining! They’re all too new. Miley Cyrus’s inclusion made me want to vomit up my dinner. Are you kidding me? The other three I’m fine with, but only if they are guests to time-tested performers i.e. Anita Baker, Bette Midler, Pat Benatar, Melissa Manchester, Toni Braxton, Carly Simon, Annie Lennox. Please don’t set this show up to fail. Right now, it’s got “bomb” written all over it. I may not even watch now because you booked, of all people, Hannah Montana.

35. Why?! says:

What the hell is Miley Cyrus doing in that list!? I mean….Leona Lewis, Adele, Kelly Clarkson…then MILEY CYRUS!?

that’s like putting Giselle Bunshin, Olivia Wilde, Angelina Jolie, and then Susan Boyle in the “top 4 most beautiful women EVER” line-up….you made a mistake…I’d rather you put that trainwreck Amy Winehouse in place of Miley Cyrus….

36. nombs says:

VH1, you really screwed up. Big time. Fix this mistake while you have the chance. Make those newbies guests and get some real divas while you still have time! Looking at your lineup, I can guarantee you no one who has been looking forward to and campaigning for you to bring back “Divas Live” will want to watch this year. Booking those young not-even-divas-in-training girls as headliners is a slap in the face to all the veteran performers who were recording artists when these girls were in diapers!

Anita Baker
    Evelyn “Champagne” King
    Patrice Rushen
    Cheryl Lynn
    Gloria Gaynor
    Janet Jackson
    Madonna

Any five of these ladies would make for a fine lineup of veteran performers. Adele, Kelly can be their guests. I strongly suggest you get rid of Miley Cyrus, or just have her be a presenter.

37. Evelyn says:

Are you kidding me?? I mean…ok, Adele e Leona Lewis. They are talented, but are they divas?? And Miley Cyrus??????? not even gonna talk about her.

Diva = Mariah Carey, Toni Braxton, Beyoncé, Alicia Keys, Joss Stone, Mary J. Blige. Have you forgotten what a diva is? Or has the concept changed over the years?

I miss the times when VH1 Divas was about THE REAL DIVAS! What happened to the music business? smh

38. Kammy says:

If VH1 is calling this Cyress girl a Diva, I have no faith in American music. I thank GOD that I am multi-lingual and I can always, always, get my Diva fix elsewhere.

Have they no shame? I mean Barbra Streisand & Diana Ross are still living. Anita baker is around, and from this generation there’s Alicia and Christina. What’s with a 16 year old that sounds like a chalk scratched on a blackboard doing on a diva list? Is VH1 that desperate?

39. Angus says:

omg…how come there are new divas only in the show??(even there are females who are not divas)
    The VH1 Diva’s Live have been stopped for almost 5 years and I wish to have some legendary divas to perform in the new series of VH1 Diva’s live, like Mariah, Aretha, Whitney, Celine and more.

40. Just Say No to Miley says:

Kelly Clarkson is the only one I want to watch.

41. G.S.D. says:

Diva = a distinguished female singer; prima donna.
    This is the most disgraceful lineup of singers, I have ever seen on DIVAS. You need to revamp this set with singers like Whitney, Mariah, And Toni Braxton. Disgusting, I don’t know anyone who would want to watch this with a +@!)#_(@&#%+&)@(` like Miley Cyress on the show. You’ve lost it, idk why you haven’t picked Whitney and Mariah up, especially since there gonna drop albums close to the DIVAS show. I will not watch unless there aer some REAL DIVAS.

42. dasdaboy says:

Is it a coincidence or not but, don’t all four “divas”, if you want to call them that, look-alike? See photo above. That’s the problem with today’s “talent”, it’s not about that…it’s about their marketability. It’s safe to put out a singer who looks and sounds like everyone else rather than having someone original and unordinary. An even scarier thought is the fact that 20 to 30 years from now, we will look at today’s stars as “legends”. Someone had said that Barbra Streisand should have been a part of VH1′s Diva cast. That is a total disrespect to Streisand. To even mention Barbra’s name in this line-up should be a crime. She is beyond “Diva” and is way too literate to even stand in the same room as these teeny boppers. They wouldn’t even know what to say or hold a meaningful conversation to Barbra. Please VH1, discontinue with this “Diva” broad-cast. That’s all it is…a “broad-cast”.

43. Brandon says:

I believe there is still a chance to fix this VH1 just make Kelly, Adele and Leona guest and mily a presenter and instead of eight performers add two more.

Please change line up to
    Donna Summer
    Stevie Nicks
    Pointer Sisters
    Beyonce
    Mariah Carey
    Madonna
    Jody Watley
    Three Degrees
    Irene Cara
    Kim Carnes

I mean this line up is one hundred times better and all these ladies have been around long enough to be divas and they have the hits to prove it.

44. nombs says:

VH1, you really screwed up. Big time. Fix this mistake while you have the chance. Make those newbies guests and get some real divas while you still have time! Looking at your lineup, I can guarantee you no one who has been looking forward to and campaigning for you to bring back “Divas Live” for the last five years will want to tune in. Booking those young, not-even-divas-in-training babies as headliners is a slap in the face to all the veteran performers who were recording artists when these girls were in diapers!

Anita Baker
    Evelyn “Champagne” King
    Patrice Rushen
    Cheryl Lynn
    Gloria Gaynor
    Janet Jackson
    Madonna

Any five of these ladies would make for a fine lineup of veteran performers. Adele, Kelly and Leona can be their guests. I strongly suggest you get rid of Miley Cyrus, or just simply have her be a presenter.

45. Valen says:

Miley Cyrus is the best my Favorite song is The Climb is very nice and the lyrics are the truth because sometimes it happened that .That we want to get to the top but if we want that well have to loose something .I think so that Miley is a very young artist and she have a lot of fame i love her she is the best artist ever !!!She can have a lot of fame but she always have her family support because she never forget them .She is the best

46. rhonda says:

i have watched “Divas” from the beginning. when i heard they might be reviving the show, i got all excited. i felt like when the lineup was being established that kelly clarkson would be among the list. she can sing anything with anybody. if you aren’t a fan of hers, i would recommend watching this show to see what she is all about. as far as the others that are considered headliners i really don’t agree. surely this is not the only four artists performing. in order to make this show legitimate, they need to bring in true divas, like aretha, whitney, mariah, and country diva reba. pink would be a great act to bring in, as well. once you draw in those artists, all you need to do is let kelly sing a duet with all of them. ha that would be a dream come true. why not just let kelly do an unplugged special on vh1. that would be even better.

47. Malia says:

NONE of those women are Divas. This is an epic fail Vh1. The only good choice you made was Kelly Clarkson and even that choice is moderately questionable. I WILL NOT BE WATCHING, as I think that you are F*CKING MORONS for this line-up. Embarassing Vh1. Embarassing. Hope your looking forward to the least watched Divas Live ever……

48. Brandon says:

wheres Donna Summer please add her thats the least you could do to improve your list

49. Rachel says:

hmmmm, I guess the real divas were not available huh?

50. DLo says:

While I love Adele, Kelly and Leona they are not divas. That word has been tarnished beyond repair. Shame.

51. DEBBIE says:

this is almost humorus diva’s ..I think Kelly Clarkson is great but a diva ???? but at least she can sing, and Miley Cyrus she must be going to do a comedy routine because she sure cannot sing, what about Donna Summers, Celine, Shania, Britni Spears, Madonna, Janet Jackson, Carrie Underwood, Reba, Martina Mcbride, Cindy Lauper, Beyonce, Rhianna, Heart, Pat Benatar, Pink, Jennifer Nettles,

52. Cloak says:

Demi lovato totally deserves to perform. she is an amazingly talented singer. When I first heard Demi sing I was amazed.(most disney stars can’t sing very good) She’s incredible, I just feel bad because she got started wtih disney and thats how she has built her fame. I hope she gets a serious record deal, I don’t know who wouldnt want her. In my opinion she’s better than miley, shes also a better singer than Taylor swift. Demi can sing high, low and every note in between. I also don’t know how adele ever got a record deal. ha. oh dear.

53. Curi says:

Ok we have 4 young divas but where are the real divas?? We coudn’t forget the real meaning of “Diva” and “Legend” and we need LEGENDARY DIVAS

54. Manilyn says:

Miley Cyrus??? a diva?? I think there’s something wrong here.She has an very horrible voice! Remove her!!! But the remaining three,Kelly,Leona and Adele are a real divas!!!

55. cg says:

Miley? She’s just picked because to bring in the tweens. Aldele and Leona are good but Kelly is the only who deserves this. And yeah she is a Diva and being a diva doesn’t mean being all stuck up, think the world revolves around them which that is something Kelly is not.

56. Jose says:

This is shaping up to be the worst Divas show Vh1 has done. Too bad the previous ones were all pretty good

57. chucky says:

Ok i think we need to go back to the drawing board with this one.

58. VH1 Divas Fan says:

Donna Summer please…

59. paul says:

niceeeeeeee

60. samantha says:

miley….. a diva!?! ha thats a joke. where is mary j blige, pink, rihanna, whitney. i dont know if i like this lineup so far

61. ladybell83 says:

Kelly Clarkson deserves to be there, she has made it quite clear she is a voice to be reckoned with. I think Pink and Reba should be added to the roster. Madonna too

62. Dakota says:

This line-up sucks! We need real divas!
    Madonna, Cher, Whitney, Aretha, Tina!!

63. Richard says:

christina???? that’s a diva, britney (a diva) celine, mariah, or Pink, Kelly is the only one who is a diva on this list and Leona but adele and Mily can’t sing.

64. The Man says:

Kelly and Adele…At the same time….Sweeeetttt Roooollllll!!! VH1 we luv it!

65. Nick Culton says:

I think it would be great To bring Whitney back, with her come back I think it would be perfect. My point being if we stick to legendary divas of our time, it’s a very short list and it would be the people performing every year. These Women…Clarkson, Adele, and Lewis have proven themselves and are very worthy. they are a new crop of divas. I think Christina Aguilera would be a great addition to the show as well. Ok, I think a lot of you are missing the point this is about a return of of VH1 Divas. This year they are bringing out Artist who they believe will be the new Divas of our time. I have to say Kelly Clarkson, Leona Lewis, and Adele are perfect choices! I’ve always compared Kelly to Celine, Whitney and the greats. She is that kinda artist.

66. patti wade says:

why does everyone act like if you are not pencil thin ,you are less then you should be ??? all of the ladies higher than a size 10 …”BE PROUD YOU ARE …sooo beautiful..”
    real woman aren’t that little, haters are just HUNGERY!!!!
    I’M A SIZE 12.
    THANKS….

67. millie81 says:

WTF!!!! HOW DID VH1 GO FROM GLORIA ESTEFAN, SHANIA TWAIN, ARETHA FRANKLIN, MARIAH CAREY TO KELLY CLARKSON, MILEY CYRUS AND WHO THE HELL IS ADELE?? WHY DID THEY CALL THE SHOW DIVAS WITH PEOPLE WHO JUST CAME OUT WITHIN THE PAST 5 YEARS?? DID VH1 FORGET THE WHOLE REASON FOR THE SHOW??!! TO SHOW RESPECT FOR THE REAL DIVAS IN THE INDUSTRY, NOT LAMES LIKE A TWEENY BOPPER LIKE MILEY SHE CAN’T EVEN SING!!! WHAT A SHAME!!

68. Jill says:

VH1, have you lost your mind?! NONE of these women are divas. This lineup is utterly pathetic. THIS is the best you can do? Why bother?

69. guest420 says:

I’m sorry, but the ONLY real talent here is Leona Lewis. Miley? What a &@!+^##*^&^`!+_* ing joke. Like, no joke.

70. guest420 says:

I’m sorry, but the ONLY real talent here is Leona Lewis. Miley? What a +*#@(~%#^%%^^~!& ing joke. Like, no joke.

71. Marcelo says:

Where is the Divas?

72. roxxie says:

Miley? are you serious! What about Christina Aguleria? Half that list cant een sing! Very sad vh1…very sad…what happen to the times that it took real talent to be famous!

73. Chadd says:

I see they’ve announced Kelly performing @ Divas Live, and they’ve announced ‘special appearances by’ for Adele, Leona, and Miley…but, when do they announce the Divas that will be performing at Divas Live?

74. DDJ says:

ICk.

take off all of them (you can let kelly stay) and add:
    Pink
    Janet jackson
    Beyonce
    martina mcbride
    and whitney since she has a new album comin out

75. Jill says:

Are you freaking kidding me VH1? Where’s the diva in this line up? Nowehere. I’ve never even heard of Adele. This is truly pathetic. Whoever chose these women is truly misguided and probably 13 years old. Lame.

76. Brian says:

Mariah Carey is the ultimate and favorite diva of the past shows, it would be amazing to see her drop by right before her new album comes out!

Toni Braxton should have been included a long time ago, it would be awesome to see her grace the stage as well!

Ideal line up would be:
    Mariah, Whitney, Celine, Toni, Shakira, Kelly Clarkson with aspiring divas Leona Lewis & Lady GaGa

77. Tina says:

Miley can sing well. All of her songs are so catchy. She my favorite. Kelly step out the spotlight for quite a while. But her comeback song kick a**. Leona is good, too. For sure, I think Miley deserve it more. She has proving herself. I Love U, Miley. Keep rocking.

78. chrissy says:

why is miley cyrus on here? she does not fit the diva status. Her voice is not even strong enough to be diva. When i heard this they were bringing back this show, i was expecting LEGENDARY Divas! i rather watch the old vh1 divas if ya’ll are going to put miley cyrus on there. I think kelly and leona should stay.

79. Robin says:

Ok Miley is a bad singer, but she is better than Katy Perry, Madonna, Rihanna and Shakira.

80. DM says:

Wow! Another sign that the world is coming to end. While all of these young ladies are talented in their own ways. I don’t think they are currently deservant of the )_`&)*@$^+(%!$@ le Diva’s.

Kelly Clarkson – 2 or 3 albums – American Idol Winner

Jordin Sparks 1 album – American Idol Winner

Miley Cyrus – part of the Disney multimedia machine

Leona Lewis – 1 album with 2 or 3 hits

The only true vocalist of this group is Adele but with only a single album to her credit it’s way too early for this )_`&)*@$^+(%!$@ le.

If this is Vh1′s idea of “Saving the Music”, I would suggest that you stop trying to “Save the Music.”

I told my wife this morning this must have been a bad joke. When Vh1 decides to honor real Divas like Sade, A woman whose music has shaped at least 2 generations – sold tens of millions of albums – whose voice CANNOT BE DUPLICATED – and created a new radio format because of her music. A woman who can take an 8 year break and return to millions of fans, when Vh1 decides to honor talent such as that, then I will believe they are trying to “Save the Music.”

Until then you are no better for music than auto tuning, ringtones, or Mtv for that matter.

81. Greg says:

Okay,NONE of them are Divas.I highly disagree with the poor choices above.It’s shocking that Beyonce wasn’t chosen…total disrespect…and I would deffinately choose Amy Winehouse before Adele…I like her alot but none of the soulful british female vocalist can compare to her….and the rest are just knock-offs…most likely…this will be a flop.

82. Tommy says:

Where the HELL is Jennifer Hudson??? What a crappy list!

83. Kaili says:

NO NO NO! FIRST OF ALL HANNAH MONTANA IS NOT A DIVA!!! She’s a spoiled sixteen year old sl*t-in-training. Freakin DISNEY!!! Kelly Clarkson, as much as I do enjoy her, is NOT diva status! Leona Lewis is quite potentially a diva-in-training, however she hasn’t even been around long enough to classify as a diva! And seriously, who the h*ll is Adele?!! If people haven’t even heard of you, I don’t think you can really be called a diva…!

VH1 USED to have REAL divas on the show, like Mariah, Aretha, Diana… But THIS, THIS is a freakin JOKE!

If this is just an attempt at being “hip” and “modern” it failed miserably. Rihanna, for example, would have been an amazing choice. But instead, they decided to strictly keep it sh*tty.

What a joke, what a cruel irritating joke. Whoever is in charge should really be ashamed, and go apply at Disney.

84. RachelO says:

This really makes me wanna cry! VH1 used to know what they were doing, but is now a big joke! Miley?? & Who the hell is Adele?? Miley is probably only on the show because daddy paid her way in… Why eles? I can understand Leona, and Kelly they’ve earned it. But What about real artists, and performers? Christina, Pink, Britney.. And I believe we should always stick to our roots, Whitney, Mariah, Celeine! I would watch them but unfortunatly, VH1, I can’t watch it! WTF’s with Miley? She doesn’t have the expierence, and the way she sings she never will! I turn the station everytime she’s on tv, or the radio I do NOT and will NOT support her! I Can’t stand her, come to your sences VH1!

85. madaddivas2009 says:

I’m glad to see the comments on this website echo my own dissapointment. How can you have a Diva’s show and not include an R&B singer?? Everyone in this lineup is a pop artist and I love Adela but barely anyone in the U.S. knows her. Upcoming artists like Chrissette Michelle and Ledisi and Keri Hilson were totally shut out and I am boycotting this foolish show for sure. I also saw a comment where someone mentioned that the pic in this article shows all the artists looking quite homogeneous. All of them have long blonde wavy hair, and the only difference with Jordin Sparks is that her long wavy hair is darker. VH1 should be ashamed.

86. Kat says:

What a disappointing line-up. With so many talented, seasoned performers out there whom VH1 has not yet mined for this show, I simply do not understand why any of these young ladies have been chosen for the comeback edition of Divas. What are you guys thinking?! I was so pleased to hear you were bringing this special show back, but now I have absolutely no interest in watching. There ain’t a true Diva in the bunch. With this line-up you should re-title the show “Diva Wannabes,” or “Divas in Training.” But please, how about some real deserving Divas?? There are so many out there to choose from, I just don’t understand the choices here. Lame. Unexciting. Very Non-Diva. Why bother? Don’t waste our time!

87. Kat says:

Really VH1??? What a disappointing line-up. None of these girls come even close to qualifying as Divas, by any stretch of the imagination. What were you thinking guys?! This is truly pathetic. With so many talented and far more qualified performers out there, this is really a slap in the face to them as well as to everyone who has participated in this show in the past. Here I was so excited that you were bringing the show back, and you come out with this totally lame list. I think the only way to salvage this is to re-name the show: “Diva Wannabes,” or “Divas in Training.” I mean come on, 16 year old Miley Cyrus and 2 others with only 1 CD each to their name?? This makes no sense. Get some real Divas please, you’ve lost a loyal viewer until you do….

88. oscar says:

the great divas ALANIS MORISSETTE, NATALIE IMBRUGLIA, CHER, DONNA SUMMER, KYLIE MINOGUE,SARAH BRIGHTMAN, DEBBIE HARRY, WHITNEY HOUSTON, ARETHA FRANKLIN, all them please…

89. Former viewer says:

Utterly ridiculous. Kelly Clarkson is undoubtedly the future in adult contemporary honors, but a diva this does not yet make.

Miley Cyrus? You might want to reconsider airing this spectacle on a night other than a school night.

I agree with the majority here, there are no guests featured on this show really worthy of attaining the eminence for which divas past have been honored. The hype surrounding successful tween sensations such as Cyrus and Sparks will soon die down and you’ll have compromised your standards to appease an audience likely tucked away in bed before the pre-show is over.

90. Jaime says:

How about Wendy Moten singing “Come In Out of the Rain”

91. JMI says:

HOW IN THE HELL IS MILEY CYRUS A DIVA???!?!?! VH1 HAS OFFICIALLY TARNISHED THE NAME “DIVA” AND THEIR SHOW VH1 DIVAS!! THIS LINE-UP IS BY FAR UN-LEGENDARY. I GUESS VH1 IS GETTING CHEAP NOW AND CAN’T AFFORD A REAL DIVA LINE-UP. HOW EMBARRASSING!!

92. JMI says:

HOW IN THE HELL IS MILEY CYRUS A DIVA!?! HOW EMBARRASSING FOR VH1. GUESS THEY COULDN’T AFFORD A REAL DIVA LINE-UP. FAIL!

93. Jeff says:

That’s embarrassing!

94. Dustin Diva says:

This was more like VH1 American Idol Divas, and Jennifer Hudson is her own diva

95. genie says:

where is rihanna on the diva stage

96. Britt says:

miley stop trying and hurting our ears. just stick to disney sweetheart! and also….where was kanye to screw up the show??

97. Fillipe says:

Rihanna is so bad, and VH1 Divas is better with great singers like Whitney, Celine, Mariah and others, but this pop singers will destroy the event!

98. air jordan says:

where is rihanna on the diva stage

99. davidjeffers79@live.co.uk says:

GOOD GOD LOOK AT FACE OF LEONA

100. Nicely the situation was initially a excellent run whilst it lasted but yet possibly not a jolt to discover Usa Soccer lose at this particular state. We could try out once additional in 4 years.

101. Between me and my husband we’ve owned more MP3 players over the years than I can count, including Sansas, iRivers, iPods (classic & touch), the Ibiza Rhapsody, etc. But, the last few years I’ve settled down to one line of players. Why? Because I was happy to discover how well-designed and fun to use the underappreciated (and widely mocked) Zunes are.

102. 828858 says:

What a lovely day for a 828858! SCK was here

103. 1317834 says:

What a lovely day for a 1317834! SCK was here

104. I like when you talk about this type of stuff in your posts. Perhaps could you continue to do this?

105. Since they be in possession of their facts as of additional sources selected extent than further by public records, you motivation subsist able that stumble on more information than you force through supplementary web pages offering similar services. What you should pay thinking at what time, at what time choosing a telephone directory, is scouting qualification they can supply whole particulars used for phone numbers even designed for unpublished numbers.

106. How with the intention of discover the best lone among several reorder lookup services? The fact what time you be capable of locate cellular phone numbers is what puts this service next to the unsurpassed of the list after it comes whilst swap mobile phone lookups. These numbers are not readily vacant in several white page directories you resolve unearth, with strength of character probable not live found with more people lookup internet pages either.

107. The other than real website to facilitate come across a whole profile of any phone caller is with by means of some invert cell phone search company.