Behind The Music Returns With Lil Wayne

wayne_behind_the_music

Those longing for additional music programming from VH1 are in luck: six new episodes of Behind the Music are on the way starting with the Sept. 10 profile of Lil Wayne (premiering at 10/9c). Check the details in the press release below:

VH1 is re-launching its Emmy Award-nominated and critically-acclaimed series Behind The Music. The iconic series that helped put VH1 on the map will premiere on Thursday, September 10 at 10/9c with Behind The Music: Lil Wayne. The self-proclaimed “best rapper alive” opens up about his childhood, his music, and his struggles, as he and the people who know him best describe his ascension from a poverty-stricken childhood in New Orleans to his reign as one of hip-hop’s heavy hitters. New episodes of the series will feature some of the best and brightest in the music industry today, including pop songstress Pink (September 17), self-proclaimed “King of R&B” Bobby Brown (September 24), rock star Bret Michaels (October 1), the “King of the South” rapper T.I. (October 8 ) and hip-hop megastar 50 Cent on (October 13). All episodes will air on Thursdays at 10/9c except for Pink, which will air on Thursday, September 17 at 8PM* in advance of VH1’s Divas Live and 50 Cent, which will air on Tuesday, October 13 at 8PM* in advance of the premiere of VH1 Hip Hop Honors.

1. Andrew says:

You people wanted music. So VH1 is going back to the old days. Happy now? I’m.

2. Real diddy says:

How does this dirty shine rate a “behind the music”?

3. brittany says:

wow i wounder how this is going to turn out.
    HAHAHA

4. swany says:

i love lil wayne and t.i

5. Jarren says:

Vh1 would you please do a behind the music of the first Destiny’s Child group. I think that would be so interesting. I really would like to hear the real story of what happened behind the break-up of the group because there are so many stories. You would have to get all the Knowles’ too cause I wanna know what Beyonce’ and the fam has to say!!

6. brittany mashaw says:

i love lil wayne to death thts mah baby i swear i would like for him to see this and im his biggest #1 fan

7. realityfiend504 says:

Not knocking any of the current artists out, glad they could get the publicity, but I hope they show us some classic acts also.

8. robyn says:

Thank you…..this is awesome!

9. sugartaste1 says:

So happy to see that Behind the Music is returning but am confused by the choice of artists. Some have been portrayed before – Pink and Bret Michaels w/Poison – I’m sure there are updates, but is it enough to yeild a whole new episode when there are so many artists out there who have yet to be featured? Not crazy about the majority of rappers either, not that I don’t think their stories are any less interesting but could we add some rock bands as well? How about some Alice In Chains? Just a suggestion… Thanks for bringing this amazing series back. No matter who you portray, I will be tuned in.

10. savanna says:

will they be doing eminem??
    well they should if there not..

11. jakeela23 says:

My future husband has to be just like lil wayne, i love him to death. There are only 3 rappers that i love: Lil wayne is number 1, then comes T.I., and Jay-z! They the best period, there’s no other rappers better than them. I’m at the table screaming !##)+)$^_(^~&~&` the other side they jealous! That new Jay-z is riding!

12. jakeela23 says:

My future husband has to be just like lil wayne, i love him to death. There are only 3 rappers that i love: Lil wayne is number 1, then comes T.I., and Jay-z! They the best period, there’s no other rappers better than them. I’m at the table screaming !*^*^%%(*$%#(+~~ the other side they jealous! That new Jay-z is riding!

13. cv says:

jay-z sucks.
    they need EMINEM.

14. dj says:

Dis is a great way to bring back “behind the music”. starting it off wit the “best rapper alive” is pure genius. This episode alone finna get like 10 billion views

15. shamara says:

I think its great i will be right in front of the TV

16. Ariana(: says:

lil wayne goes hard.
    he issss the best rapper alive.
    he has a song that goes like this
    i’m a bet soldier mtv gangster i’ll be on Vh1 when i’m done being famous.
    wee your not done being famousss(:
    i love lil wezzy.
    ohh i can’t wait for t’is too.

17. Vonzetta Black says:

OMG, I barely could sleep all week waiting to view VH1 Behind the Music/ Lil Wayne profile. Although I’m 29, I felt my heart beating fast watching the entire episode. I love Lil Wayne; however, he’s always been a mystery to me because he’s the one person in the music industry that has captured my heart and attention. At some point I wish I was a kid again, so I can hang all of his pictures on my wall and tape magazine articles and pictures in my notebook.. but I’m all grown up so pretty much I have to keep it balled up inside. Behind the Music was like a instant access into his world. The part that touched me the most when he reflected on his marriage with Toya Carter.. He Loves her and she loves him… It’s just sad how young families are torn apart by other commitments when I feel they’re both UNHAPPY WITHOUT EACH OTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That 1 hour flew by.. I even let my kids stay up late so we could watch it together. It had a powerful message for them such as, DON’T PLAY WITH GUNS, STAY IN SCHOOL (when he mentioned he didn’t understand why kids say school is hard when all you have to do is your work!)We all love Wayne.. Time is money.. Can’t you see how much I’ve wrote so far… May God Bless You and your family!!! Although women and men may change relationships, it’s nothing like your first love. I lost the father of my kids Calvin Torres of Tallahassee, Fl on 07/10/08 and it’s been a challenge for me.. It’s hard to listen to some of the old Wayne like Carter 1 & 2 because it I mentally travel back to those days when we would ride around rapping and sing all the versus.. On the other hand, all of Wayne’s music is a apart of me, so some days I just sit back and cry so that I can get it out of my system… I will always love Wayne.. For me he’s Lil Michael Y2K a legend… Wayne, if you should ever stumble over this posting just know that I love you, Toya, and Reginae!!!!! MAY GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!!

18. INDI says:

wayne is genius! i’ve been listening to him since the first cash money tour. his next album should be $_^+~($@+`^~^+& led ‘Wayne’s World’ because he just lives in his own psychedelic world!

19. INDI says:

wayne is genius! i’ve been listening to him since the first cash money tour. his next album should be ~)*~`^+^^^$^&%) led ‘Wayne’s World’ because he just lives in his own psychedelic world!

20. ndmetal says:

this is a BTM???? sux! how about some real musicians who sing and play real music i.e. Alice in Chains, VanHalen, Three Dog Night, Cinderella, British Invasion, psychedelic, etc

21. Candice says:

This was the best Behind the Music Ever!!! I love his music and this just lets fans in a little deeper. Lil Wayne is the best rapper alive!!! Wheezy F Baby!!!!

22. Tida says:

23. Tida says:

i LOVEEE lil wayne. i watched his twice. and ima watch pink! and eminem should most def. have one. i love him as well! -stay up.*

24. lilweezyfan says:

damnnn lil wayne behind the music was really good, i learned a whole bunch of stuff about weezy and also his humor.

25. ajah says:

i love lil wayne is hottt!

26. Cory says:

Lil Wayne iz gna b da greatest rapper ever hes jus gettin hiz swagg. Bout da cup thing hes rite it don’t matter wats n hiz cup cuz its n hiz cup its none of ur f-ing buziness. I feel ur pain Carter. U had it rough growing up but datz wat made u who u r now so keep da haterz hatin young money and drink watever u want outta ur cup and jus let dem kno dat u dnt give a &`%`!$(+@&&!@%( u dnt give a &`%`!$(+@&&!@%( lol!! Duces Bro!

27. LITA says:

I LOVE U BABY

28. nina zakas says:

lil wayne is the BEST rapper alive..i love you wayne!!!

29. Raegan says:

I love lil’ wayne. his music speaks to me &my fam. and I love all his famous quotes, dont get me wrong. I love the quote on this ‘behind the music’ thing where weezy goes “I dont care if its heroine in my cup. its MY cup. #~$^%))_~~)!^~~` YOU.” I geeked for a good minute on tht,haa. and then he’s like “we didnt know ifu it was crack, cocaine, or heroine. all we knew was tht it was WHITE.” then he laughed. Danggg. idk how else to say it. Wayne’s the @(@%~&%`_*$*@`&$ TT(:

30. Lanetta says:

Did Lil Wayne ever go to jail?

31. lilmamma says:

i love wayne style his looks just let me say i love every thing about him and just to through my boo in there T.I man is he alsome just waiting on my baby yo come home he have all my support.

FEEL ME LIKE A SHOVEL CANT GET NO BETTER THAN THIS……………………….

32. kasie. says:

i’m just watched Pink’s, it was great…
    i missed lil waynes, and i loove him and heard it was reaallll good. so ive gotta see it!

33. JimmyBean says:

I don’t know If I said it already but …I’m so glad I found this site…Keep up the good work I read a lot of blogs on a daily basis and for the most part, people lack substance but, I just wanted to make a quick comment to say GREAT blog. Thanks, :)

A definite great read..Jim Bean

34. Jasmine says:

I love Lil Wayne so muccccch he’s the best rapper alive and he keep it real so to all them hater’s out there he ain’t going nowhere so don’t even try to step to him Because nobody better then him keep that real &$$~@%$$#__^^_)^ poppin…….

35. BloggerDude says:

I don’t know If I said it already but …Excellent site, keep up the good work. I read a lot of blogs on a daily basis and for the most part, people lack substance but, I just wanted to make a quick comment to say I’m glad I found your blog. Thanks, :)

A definite great read….

36. jaylon says:

hey lil wayne my name is jaylon and i want to be just like u except i dont want to get shot in my chest look lil wayne i got serious flow and i want to be a rapper like u and ever since i seen behind the music and if u come to alabama i will be at one of ur concerts but i did this ro ask u to give me a chance to be ur lil wayne jr and give me a chance to rap and i want to see u if uwant to see me come to northport alabama and find out where rockquarry middle school is and come there at 1 00 and please give me a chance to be a rapper be cuz i got some serious flow see im going floww 4 u waves in my head iook like a black just give me a chance and ill be tv in bout 2 weeks and these diamond on my neck look like a yellow taxz and thats a lil bit of the flow i got so i hope u get this ur fan and ur friend that want to be ur lil rapper and im only 11 so yeah see yeah lil weeeezzzy

37. jaylon says:

hey lil wayne my name is jaylon and i want to be just like u except i dont want to get shot in my chest look lil wayne i got serious flow and i want to be a rapper like u and ever since i seen behind the music and if u come to alabama i will be at one of ur concerts but i did this to ask u to give me a chance to be ur lil wayne jr and give me a chance to rap and i want to see u if uwant to see me come to northport alabama and find out where rockquarry middle school is and come there at 1 00 and on monday please give me a chance to be a rapper be cuz i got some serious flow see im going floww 4 u waves in my head iook like a black just give me a chance and ill be tv in bout 2 weeks and these diamond on my neck look like a yellow taxz and thats a lil bit of the flow i got so i hope u get this ur fan and ur friend that want to be ur lil rapper and im only 11 so yeah see yeah lil weeeezzzy by just call me lil jaaaaayy baby yeeeeeeeeaaaaah

38. I hate Lil Wayne says:

This is the worst episode of Behind the Music ever!!! This freaking moron needs to take that $%(&^&+)+%+_&#&! out of his mouth and go back to school and learn how to speak! He is worthless and horrible role model!! I’m very angry with VH1 for even playing this episode!

39. I hate Lil Wayne says:

This is the worst episode of Behind the Music ever!!! This freaking moron needs to take that `)+__#$!(@$&$^!` out of his mouth and go back to school and learn how to speak! He is worthless and horrible role model!! I’m very angry with VH1 for even playing this episode!

40. meghann says:

WELL I PERSONALLY THINK WAYNE IS THE )$%(@))*+@@&*@`# AND CANT NOBODY TOUCH HIM. THERE ISNT ANY OTHER RAPPER DOIN THA )$%(@))*+@@&*@`# WAYNE IS DOING SO TO ALL YOU HATIN KEEP IT UP CUZ THA MORE YOU HATE THE MORE HE WILL RISE. I WENT TO WAYNES CONCERT IN INDIANAPOLIS INDIANA AND LET ME TELL YOU THAT WAS THE BEST CONCERT I HAVE EVER BEEN TO. HE IS “THE BEST RAPPER ALIVE”…….. AND TIE MY HANDS IS THE BEST SONG WAYNE HAS PUT OUT. YOU CAN FEEL HIS PAIN AND EVERYTHING HE IS TRING TO GET ACROSS. ALL YOU GUYS WHO TRY TO BE REAL LOOK AT LIL WAYNE THAT IS AS REAL AS THEY COME!

41. meme says:

he is gay

42. natasha says:

lil wayne im yo biigest fan n 1 day im meet u n kiss u n neva let u go n stay with u for 3 whole years n im not no stalker i just really luv u

43. Ryan Foster says:

prolly the best episode of behind the music iv seen

44. o.p.k says:

i lov u weezy kep doin yr tin

45. Ackcarman says:

Lil Wayne is the Best rapper alive! He is to rap like Jim Morrison, Robert Plant, Janis Joplin, was to rock! They all sing with their soul!

46. trickster says:

lil wayne is the best raper alive i listen to his music like 24 7

47. trickster says:

lil waynes behind the music is the best one i have ever seen

48. julian says: