In Recent Rehab News…

tawny_jamie

This weekend, TMZ reported two unfortunate items on Celebrity Rehab alumnae. Season 2′s Tawny Kitean was arrested Saturday for suspicion of driving under the influence, while Season 1′s Jaimee Foxworth recently was granted a restraining order against boyfriend Michael Shaw, who is accused of having dragged her through glass at one point, among things. While this move seems to be a step in the right direction for Jaimee (she told TMZ that she “strongly encourages all women to leave unhealthy relationships before it is too late”), Tawny’s situation isn’t so rosy. I’m no doctor, but having talked to Dr. Drew throughout both Rehab seasons, I do know that rehabilitation is an ongoing process that’s partially characterized by such setbacks. If Tawny indeed drove under the influence (she was released after posting $2,500 bail), here’s hoping it turns out to be just a speed bump on her long road to recovery.

1. Lizzie says:

That is ironic timing for the news on Jaimee, since she was just featured on an episode of Life After on TV1 where they strongly emphasized how good her boyfriend was for her and how they were so happy to have had a baby together and be a normal family.

2. Taris says:

C’mon now, Tawny! You know better than that. Pick yourself up & get back on track. You can do it! And Jaimee – run. And don’t look back. No man who abuses a woman is worth staying with.

3. kelly says:

Sober living by the sea welcomes everyone to our meetings on the beach.

4. Celeste says:

You’d think that after Tawny alledgedly ($&_!`^+&*$+%(_ aulted her now ex-husband she would realize that drugging herself up isn’t the way to go.

5. Emily says:

6. Emily says:

My prayers will be with Tawny, relapse is a part of recovery at times and Tawny always seemed to have a good head on her shoulders. Best of luck, and keep your head up! Everyone makes mistakes!

7. T says:

Can anyone tell me if the new episode of rehab is showing in the uk? i have vh1 channel on sky but its not showing here??? watched the series 2 i think on really sky channel but now its repeating, tried on vh1 website but wont let me watch the videos. any info would be good. Thanks

8. Kristina Calvello says:

When I watch the show, I truely feel for everyone as people, not as celebrities. We are all human. It would be great to find out what happened to everyone in season 1 and 2 if possible.

9. cathyg07 says:

I would like to know the percentage of success that previous celebrities have had with Dr. Drew’s show (rehab). Is anyone still clean besides Amber?

How much money are the “stars” being paid?

10. Meg says:

I feel that VH1 Celebrity Rehab gives us a peek into celebrities lives that we normally would never be able to see; however, addiction is addiction and knows no boundaries or limitations on who its next victim will be. I too am an addict and i so relate to what i see and hear from these “celebrities” which somewhat makes me know that we all need help in this area. I question what will be my breaking point (bottom); be it death or total surrender. I find it difficult to feel like a normal human being without drugs and therefore, i continue to try to be sober, but drugs have always won. I realize they will continue to win and wish i had a place like Pasadena Recovery Center to help me with my addiction. These people have a great opportunity to break free and am hopeful that i too can break free one day. Just to inform u readers of what i like to use: it is Methadone, Xanax, Oxycontin; Roxicet…anything that makes me feel calibrated & normal. I WISH I WAS IN THEIR SHOES RIGHT NOW AND IF THAT PUNK CARRIE (former teen usa or whatever) DOES NOT REALIZE THE GIFT SHE IS BEING GIVEN…WAKE UP SISTA!!! Viewers will tire of your queen syndrome antics and really you are just an ordinary person. Nothing special. And if she started to think like this, perhaps some change could come into her head & heart! An avid addict & viewer.

11. sami says:

watching passenger 57 right now tom sizemore get a grip u had the perfect job get a grip r u really that weak git a grip is drugs really worth
    it? You wee great as an actor …..ask your self is it worth it? be strong

it is making u do drugs that is the bottom line……….as a nurse there is always a

reason

12. Kim says:

So WHEN is Celebrity Rehab 4 going to air? I read Oct.11 but have not seen or heard anything about it. Its not even listed on VH1′s list of shows. Has it been cancelled. I hope not! I love this show and have been waiting to see the new season.

13. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful for me.