Bret Reflects On Rock Of Love

Posted above is an extended interview from the taping of Bret MichaelsBehind the Music (premiering Thursday at 9/8c). In it, he talks about his time on Rock of Love – why he initially passed when offered the show, how his dynamic with the girls turned out to be way different from what he expected, and what the show taught him about “traditional” dating. A big chunk of the episode is devoted to Rock of Love (including interviews with key people from the show’s past), so don’t miss it when it premieres Thursday. In the meantime, you can check out even more clips from Bret’s BTM interview sessions, in which he covers topics like his upcoming autobiography, Poison’s early days of getting paid not to play and his “love hate relationship of Biblical proportions” with C.C. DeVille.

Behind the Music show page

1. Annie Hitchrock says:

Bret, I believe I know why you didn’t find love on your show. It’s because I wasn’t on the show.

2. arthur says:

So this documentary must also suffice as the former ‘press release’ to inform the public that he and Taya are officially ‘no longer’ hence paving the way for yet another show? Not that they were ever photographed together or anyone in their right mind views these wildly successful endeavors as anything other than entertainment. You never find love, it finds you when you aren’t looking and if Mr. Michaels is fortunate it will in due course…naturally and without the world watching. In the meanntime, what a sweet career revival. Hard to kick a gift horse in the mouth.

3. shawn says:

brett needs to fine a women that will be happy with his life style. he’s always gonna be on the road thats his life if they dont like it,they dont have to be with him.like they always say there always someone for somebody.

4. kdee64 says:

This episode of Behind the Music was enlightening, funny, heartwarming and REAL! It was good to see Bret having an opportunity to show that who he is runs much deeper than Rock of Love. His family, his friends, his beliefs, and most of all his love and passion for music were given respectfully. Being a “product” isn’t what he is all about. Great job VH1 and Bret!

5. TAMERA says:

IT WAS GREAT TO WATCH THE BEHIND THE MUSIC WITH BRET MICHAELS. WHEN YOU LISTEN TO HIS MUSIC AND THE HEART AND SOULS THAT HE POURS INTO IT, AND THEN GET TO HEAR HIS FEELINGS AND WHAT HE WAS LOOKING FOR WITH THE SHOWS YOU COME TO SEE THIS MAN IS HOLDING NOTHING BACK. HONEST AND WARM AND VERY UP FRONT. I LOVE YOUR PASSION FOR LIFE AND YOUR LOVE OF MUSIC.

6. leslie says:

Hey everyone, do you wanna hear the coolest thing about all these Rock of love shows in my mind??? When the band was hot in the early 90′s, my oldest daughter was around 6 and she was in love with Brett, just as i was. The band may have stopped playing, but my daughter would always say “whats that guys name mom”, when she was talking about best looking men of all time. Now my girl is all grown up and gets to enjoy watching the man that rocked all of our lives with those pretty blue eyes, beautiful blond hair and smile to brighten any situation up with. And to top all that off, with the Rock of love series, when i finally become a grandma, my future grand daughters will have the opportunity to love the man who just never fails to charm the world!!! LOVE YOU BRETT!!!!

7. OutlawGuitars says:

Well put Arthur…I was holding my breath waiting for you to slam on Bret but thanx for not. I’m happy that my favorite front man of all time from my favorite band is probably the most famous Rockstar in the country right now because of Rock of Love. It’s very entertaining, weather he’s really looking for love or not…I hope he keeps on doing the show! Especially if it keeps him and POISON touring and putting out more music!

8. cloo..* says:

bret is very hot!!
    i like it very much and also i think that he need a real girl …

9. arthur says:

Am I the only one who has gotten wind of the the new line up of Celebrity Apprentice for next Spring. There is Bret front and center….along with Sharon Osbourne, Cindi Lauper and others….good for him. Will be super interesting to watch him make some money for diabetes.

10. arthur says:

Bret is also featured in the new line up for next Spring’s Celebrity Apprentice along with Sharon Osbourne, Cindi Lauper and others…I hope he raises a ton of money for diabetes. God bless him.

11. Robin says:

I still miss Rock of Love….was entertaining if nothing else….VH1 has nothing on that rivals it now.

12. Tiffany Carbenia says:

bret please have another rock of love 4 i am very confident i could be your rock of love!!!!!!!!!!

13. Maria says:

It’s a shame that things didn’t work out as its easy to fall for the glamour of a lifestyle they have no idea about. The nice girls are not usually wild so would run away. It would be very intimidating for most. A relationship councillor might be able to help….go ask Dr Phil!

14. tammy says:

bret is a great looking guy for his age. he could very well support his wife or mate in an above aerage lifestyle. i enjoyed watching the show, i enjoyed watching the women back stab and act out. lol the idea that bret has to have a reality show to find ‘love’ is silly. he is a rock star! hello!
    Bret can find true love without the show, it’s been done before.

heather and daisy are just awful. bret has been with them and he’s still looking??? wake up.

15. bunncat says:

Tried watching this lame show a couple times and while it was not Bret that turned me off, it was all these skanky slutty women vying for his ‘affection’! Was neve a Poison fan but since watching Bret on CA(which he won!)I have an admiration for him. Not to mention he is a very good looking man.(I’d like to see him lose the hat and bandana look once in awhile too)His blue eyes are just so beautiful!I am pleased to hear since his health problems he has decided to reunite with his gal Kristy mother of his 2 beautiful girls. I hope he is finished with the Rock of Love tv show. It was crappy anyway>