VH1 Tough Love Returns!

steve-n-mom

Master MatchmakersSteve Ward is set to whip into shape a new batch of lovelorn women when the second season of VH1 Tough Love hits the airwaves Sunday, Nov. 15 at 9/8c. We’ll unveil the cast next week, but for now, check the press release for more info about the new season and Crash Course in Love, a book Steve wrote with his mom, JoAnn.

Last season, break out hit VH1 Tough Love averaged 1.9 million total viewers per episode. Throughout the course of the season, professional matchmakers Steve Ward and his mother JoAnn Ward transformed the lives of eight women. Viewers tuned in regularly to witness the struggles each woman went through to find a healthy, loving relationship. This fall, VH1 along with High Noon Entertainment and Flower Films, are bringing back VH1 Tough Love for a second season. The latest installment will focus on a new group of unlucky-in-love women who are willing to do whatever it takes to find Mr. Right. Along the way, Steve will share his unique male perspective in attempt to reform each of their “destructive” dating habits. Catch the second season of VH1 Tough Love premiering on Sunday, November 15 at 9:00 PM.

Over the course of 10, hour-long episodes, Steve will put a new set of single women through his “tough love boot camp.” These ladies are attractive, successful and intelligent, but they just can’t seem to figure out why they are still single. What they don’t realize is they all make very typical dating mistakes that Steve will quickly help to correct. Throughout the season, Steve will also share his bold and insightful rules to help these ladies find their perfect match. In fact, Steve guarantees that if the ladies follow his rules, at the end of “tough love boot camp” they will each be prepared for a loving and lasting relationship.

“We are thrilled with the latest installment of VH1 Tough Love” said Jeff Olde, Executive Vice President, Original Programming and Production, VH1. “The series, and Steve Ward’s very unique take on dating advice, continues to speak directly to our audience in a heartfelt, straightforward and entertaining voice. The fact that over 20,000 women applied for the 8 spots on this season clearly demonstrates that Steve and JoAnn’s brand of ‘tough love’ is truly resonating with our viewers.”

This season, Steve along with help from his mom JoAnn, will tackle an array of issues using a variety of new methods. From ex-boyfriends and intimacy to communication and dressing to impress, the women will be forced to address topics outside their comfort zone. At the end of the lesson, the ladies will be sent on dates with eligible men hand-picked by Steve. Over the course of 10 weeks, viewers will see these women put to the test and hopefully come out the other side transformed. Some of the women will graduate with new found relationships while others will struggle to break their bad dating habits. Although they may not like Steve’s rules, they’ve got to listen to his “tough love” if they want to find true love. The second season of VH1 Tough Love premieres on Sunday, November 15 at 9:00 PM*.

Beginning Friday, November 13 fans can catch a sneak peek of the season’s first episode on VH1.com – two days before the on-air premiere. Subsequent episodes will be available on VH1.com the morning after they air. Additional video content from VH1 Tough Love including extras from each episode will be available on VH1.com and on VH1 Mobile throughout the season.

On November 3, VH1 Tough Love fans can pick up a copy of Steve and JoAnn Ward’s new book titled, Crash Course in Love. The book is a refreshingly honest and handy resource for all women, whether they are looking for love and companionship or hoping to hold onto it. Steve and JoAnn’s dating principles are organized into different stages in the relationship life cycle, from first impressions to maintaining and developing a deeper connection. Readers will learn how to flirt with a purpose, how to set up a date, when to get intimate, the best way to bounce back from rejection, and much more. Each rule will be followed by a clear and concise passage illuminating the truth of each rule, with anecdotes and other helpful information. Crash Course in Love is published by Pocket Books.

Also, VH1 and Shecky’s have teamed up for a contest, in which the grand prize includes a consultation with Steve and JoAnn Ward. Click below for details!

bp-tl-shcky-160x140-v1

1. Lisa Woodruff says:

I am so happy!

2. kim says:

YAY! I loved the first season of tough love- can’t wait to see more!

3. sandra pelayo says:

love it! Wished I could have been picked. Hopefully I will have luck next season.

4. Jo says:

Hey Rich, is this model Steve? http://www.spencersonline.com/product/-dr-seymour-bush-lab-coat/ Cuz it sure looks like him…

5. black_heart says:

This show is insulting to women and men alike. The male perspective my bottom! This isn’t the 1950′s, we all have the right to vote. Relationships are two-way situations…it’s never just one person, good bad or indifferent. And no matter how badly Steve and JoAnn Ward want us to believe they alone hold the keys to our happy love lives – with their (even more insulting) arm chair psychology – it’s simple: as has been said many times before, those who can do, those who can’t teach.
    Also, if you noticed the finale of the first season, not a single girl had either entered into or maintained a relationship. If that isn’t a fail, I don’t know what is. That being said, what exactly does this “guarantee” entail?

6. CHULADA says:

WOW STEVE I WOULD LIKE TO BE UR MATCH ! I DONT WANT U TO HELP THESE GIRLS ! I THINK Y SHOULD REALLY TRY TO CONNECT INSTEAD W ONE OF THE GIRLS. NOW TELL ME WHAT DO U LOOK FOR IN A WOMEN OR GUY.

7. Kaleena says:

That last season was awesome, can’t wait til this season. I really learn alot from they too.well………try to :)

8. shaquetta says:

9. Sha'Quetta says:

I’M happy i enjoyed the first season. good luck steve because the frst season girls really needed help. can’t wait until oct.26. I hope the girls from the first season are doing great. GOOD LUCK :)

10. melissa says:

nasty !~_#@!#_!()@&#`^ in black ^($$*^(&+^@#!#+$_ es gotta be on the show

11. girl8 says:

can’t wait to see the new season! i love steve

12. pattie says:

CAN’T WAIT. hope the drama is gone. hope the ladies can do what they came there to do. BEST WISHES STEVE & JOANNE.
    we will be there with you. AWESOME !!!!!!

13. Linda says:

I watch the first season of your show I was like Natasha “Miss Guided”. I was dating someone for 2 and half years when I was dating this person, he would treat me bad such put me down like I was a horrible person. Was it my fault. This was my first love,I thought in my eyes that we were meant to be but I keep getting signs from God and my family saying he wasn’t good for me. I was stupid and till this day, I sometimes feel like it is my fault. I feel no one can believe me just think of that person as good person. What do you think? I need your advice in this relationship? I need advice from a guy’s point of view. Please help me…

14. Linda says:

I had watch the first season of your show. I was like Natasha Miss Guided… How can you help me?

15. lisa says:

I love you steve ward!! I think you are extremely intelligent and i wish every friend of mine that have relationship problems can listen to your advise. Im happily engaged. But all my single friends always call me for advise. I have a lot of male friends and they express the same thoughts you said on your show. You can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink it. I love your mother shes so beautiful and caring.

16. Ldcsnoopy says:

What are you kidding me with Rocky? Did VH1 not know she was on their other reality show about making their kid a child star with Danny Bonaduce?? Okay she changed her hair color – duh. She was a loser on the other show and a definite whack job and now she’s even more of a whack job on this one. I’m disappointed in VH1 in choosing Rocky to be on the show.

17. Erika says:

The show has its good and bad. The main question is “WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH BEAUTIFUL WOMEN”??? All of the ladies are pretty in one way or another, but they are all in desperate need of a phsychiatrist. Some are down right phsycho. Here I thought pretty women had no problem finding a man. Hope all men out there watching give it a second thought when they ignore the not so pretty girls.

18. shezza says:

you bite you male pig…you speak for men…you dont speak from a women’s point of view…unless you are female…duh how could you speak for women…you are just the typical male critizing women for the sake of men’s ego…blah blah blah

19. Nichol says:

I love the show Steve!! First season was the best so far on this second season it seems like there is too much fake going on lol( Kanisha)she’s horrible!!

20. amber mowsco says:

OMG…that london alter ego is way ahead of herself…her standards are way too high when she look like a mud puppy (she aint even cute)

21. Stepahnie says:

Why the hell is Rocky from ‘I know my child is a star’ Now on tough Love…..That women is craay and beyond help from anyone….Lets see if her “”HAIR”” comes off on this show two

22. Maria says:

I WANT THIS BOOK

23. Maria says:

I WANT THIS BOOK tough love and Steve so cute

24. Monica says:

Aloha Steve!

How about a Tough Love show for women over 40yrs?
    I am over 40, was married for 3 yrs , have 2 children, and am looking for love. My friends say I always go for the guy that needs fixing or rescued in some way.

I really need help!!!

25. P Shockley says:

Your show on aged women was way off. Your makeup artist took the years past 90. I’m 62 and don’t have wrinkles on my face, and don’t wear granny gowns. Does Sophia Loren look that bad, Lauren Becall? I love your show, keep up the good work.

26. dawn says:

I would really like to know why is it that all the woman you have on your show are skinny , not one woman is a plus size, what we plus size woman don’t need or want love, all these tv shows always have skinny woman on them it is really sick if you ask me but then again know one is.It is really really sad maybe you should think about it,and I do not mean have a show just for plus size woman mix it up all your shows should have all size woman on all the time. dawn from ohio

27. 2891003 says:

What a lovely day for a 2891003! SCK was here

28. Amazing, this is very interesting to read. Have you ever considered submitting articles to article directories?