VH1 Dad Camp: Now Casting!

News of a new VH1 reality series tentatively titled VH1 Dad Camp has leaked to The Hollywood Reporter. The series purports to show the ropes of parenting to first-time fathers leading irresponsible lifestyles. VH1′s head of programming Jeff Olde says that the show is in response to President Obama’s recent call to fathers to “step up” and take responsibility of their children.

The show is currently casting. Here’s some info regarding participation:

ARE YOU PREGNANT AND NOT MARRIED?

A NEW DOCUMENTARY SERIES ABOUT FIRST PREGNANCIES. WE ARE SEARCHING FOR WOMEN WHO AREN’T SURE IF THE DAD TO BE IS PREPARED FOR FATHERHOOD OR HE IS JUST NOT STEPPING UP TO THE PLATE.

Are you and your boyfriend having relationship issues? Do you want to find out if he is cut out to be a good dad? Has this pregnancy added stress to your relationship?

We are looking for unmarried, pregnant women, 18+, who want to prepare the father to be for what’s to come!

Because you are never ready to become a parent, this therapeutic docu-style show will prepare dads-to-be for their first-born child and help with relationship issues.

If you are pregnant, and any of these scenarios are familiar to you, then email us your first name, contact phone number/email and a brief paragraph about your relationship status and how far along in your pregnancy you believe you are.

Email: relationshipcasting@gmail.com

1. Tev says:

So essentially this is Tool Academy’s Stew and Amanda, Pt. 2?

2. mary vega says:

-hi i was at a flea market in ventura january-31-2010 and i sighned a realease form were you can use me for a part or something all i want to know is when can i see your reality show thyanks alot
    and good luck to you all
    mary vega

3. jeeelly says:

haha i was at the target and they were filming my mom kept running away from the cameras, it was hilarious ! :D

4. Nikol says:

I’m not pregnant anymore. I’m 18 years old. My baby is 1 month old but my boyfriend really needs a show like this. He hasn’t been very attentive to me or the baby since she was born. Is there any way he could be on the show??? Thanks!

Kind Regards,
    Nikol

5. Ebony Ivey says:

I am 26 years old and my daughter is 10 months. During my pregnancy he was very supportive, but the closer and closer we got to my due date, he became detached and remote. Ivyana is 10 months old, and I wish he would just step up to the plate and take responsibility as I have. He wakes up in the morning, takes a shower, hangs around the house for about an hour, and then he’s out hanging with his friends until on average 4 or 5 in the morning, and the whole entire day Im with our daughter. I just wish he would show some type of maturity about our situation. I dont mind him hanging out with his friends, but when it gets to the point where it interferes with raising our child, then thats when it becomes a problem. Like, there are times when I say, “Dana you need to spend more time with your daughter.” And he will be lik, “Man I just spent 2 days with her.” I feel like that is TOTALLY unacceptable. There are times when I have cried to him about this and he still gives me no response. I just dont know what to do anymore…..PLEASE HELP!!!!

6. nikk30 says:

i hope that got one for moms too.

7. courtney says:

my due date is in three weeks and im 19, but i wish this would have come out a few months ago! ive been doing it on my own the whole time, the babys dad has been around whenever he feels like it and is always with his friends or out partying behind my back.. best of luck to all the women out there struggling alone, people have no idea how hard it is :(

8. Karen Warley says:

I am due Dec 4, 2010. I am 18 still in high school and my boyfriend is a 23 year old high school drop out.. he has a min. wage job, I love him with all my heart, but I cant say the same for my parents. I have epilepsy and high heart rate and considered high risk but I am keeping my baby.. My boyfriend would be the perfect candidate. He is a huge party boy.

9. Kamelle says:

I think this is going to be a really great show and hopefully those young men that are dead beat fathers see this show an really think hard an learn something from it. I dont know why certain cycles are repeated from one dead beat father to his son and so on and so on but men need to stand up and be strong and break this cycle. The father of my child was in and out of the picture while i was pregnant. After I had our daughter he was a good father….for three months…(sigh)…then he was back to his old ways..partying, drinking, smoking weed, no job. I dont understand. My daughter made me grow up alot…I just wish that it would have done the same thing for him. Were not together anymore and he’s only seen his daughter twice in the last 8 months.

10. Kamelle says:

I think this is going to be a really great show and hopefully those young men that are dead beat fathers see this show an really think hard an learn something from it. I don’t know why certain cycles are repeated from one dead beat father to his son and so on and so on but men need to stand up and be strong and break this cycle. The father of my child was in and out of the picture while i was pregnant. After I had our daughter he was a good father….for three months…(sigh)…then he was back to his old ways..partying, drinking, smoking weed, no job. I don’t understand. My daughter made me grow up a lot…I just wish that it would have done the same thing for him. Were not together anymore and he’s only seen his daughter twice in the last 8 months. Its been a hard trip raising our daughter on my own.

11. earl barrett says:

I just saw a clip on dad camp on the Today Show. As a science teacher for 41 years i can tell you that you could do more good then you can imagine having a teacher camp. New teachers don’t know squat their 1st year, teach in isolation, have little mentoring and hide all their inadequacies. Everyone thinks they know what goes on in a school, but the reality is they would be shocked about the politics and need for true reform. I see finding 6 teachers who are having 1st year problems, working with a mentor and looking at the results of the project. This could be a springboard for telling the real story about what is both right and wrong with public school eduction.

12. single fed up mother says:

i have a ten yr old son my sons father has never been there and still isnt what is needed is a show for all dead beats my son really needs his dad but he needs a wake up call so he knows he doesnt have forever and im fed up!!!!!

13. SHERIDA BROWN says:

I am 21yrs soon to be 22yrs,I going to school to become M/A My boyfriend is so lazzy he doesn’t have a job, will not pick up after himself
    all he really does is play games,eat,smoke and sleep …
    He keeps saying he is trying to find a job, but only puts in job application’s if I take him …
    It’s time for him to grow up and become a man …
    My due date Jan 25,2010 … And am scared that he will
    never be able to take of our baby …

14. jason says:

This show is so ridiculous. Women pregnant with babies from people they have known for sometimes just a few months, baby on the way just weeks into the relationship. Men who are so immature the excuses they give sound like a 5 year old arguing with his mom. I feel like I’m watching a bunch of mentally handicapped children running around a mansion arguing about the same thing over and over again. If I hear “you know how much I love you… – right?” one more time I’m going to throw up. It’s so painful.

15. NikkiSchwartz says:

I PERSONALLY know the guy Brian(Merrill) on the show. I dated him off and on for 3 years. He is a “Sales Manager” in a dying business of Door to Door Magazine Sales. Yes the business that exploits young adults by offering them promises then subjecting them to slave-like labor. Brian is a pothead and will be the failure of this show. He only cares about Video Games, Finding the next hot chick to sleep with, and getting effed up. Its sad that a show is glorifying Deadbeats.

16. ruth garcia says:

im 21 and my boyfriend is about to be 21 we have been together for 3 in a half years and we have two kids together. my baby boy is 2 years old and my baby girl is 11 months old. im reall fed up of the drinking, smoking, and staying up till 5 in the morning waiting for him and then have to go work at 10 in the morning. we currently live at intown suites pretty much a hotel. want him to step it up not just for me but for our kids. dont know what to do anymore. alot of people have help from their mom and dads but i dont. my mom passed away when i was 8 and my dad never been there for me. so if you can help me i would really appreciate it.
    ruth

17. Becca says:

Wish they had this for guys who are already fathers. My husband just left because he can’t handle the family life anymore. 12.5 yrs together and 2 young kids (4 yrs and 1 yr). He’s been to Iraq twice and has been diagnosed with PTSD and now all he wants to do is hang out with his friends and party. He was a great father before this PTSD kicked in. If there is someway to help him, please let me know.

18. Danielle Center says:

I looked this up because I have a, just turned 15yr son. He has a 17yr pregnant girlfriend.. Neither of which is ready, but its coming, July 17. I was extremely disappointed when I read 18+…What hope is there for these teens that have the same issues adults do in this situations.. Except its worse!!! None of them is ready, and all these shows will exploit that on TV. But not help!!
    Plus you add to the fact that we all have grandparent issues with our kids, the other child involved, and grandparents trying to get along.. I think that would be a great show for your ratings…All I want is to get help for my child and my grandchild on the way..Im 35, I was a fairly young mom.. And now a even younger grandmother..Who helps us?????
    You know MTV has 17 and pregnant…It follows these kids, exploits there issues..But I found a show trying to help…Especially the baby that did not ask for none of this! But you guys will help as long as there 18+, right.. That’s just wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. Veronica says:

I think at times the moms themselves are not even prepared. Dads never get enough credit.

20. KAREN says:

im watching the dad camp,that one dude that is wearing the purple. he has a attudide. and he was laying down with that girl and got her pregrant and now he mad cause he got to sell some clothes. what more important the cloths or the baby that she is having. if he stop smoking then they would have money.

21. Janina says:

I am 19 amd I have a 1 yr old son and his father(26 yr old) is a dead beat dad to the fullest. He wasn’t really that supportive while I was pregnant. I was the one that was finishing high school and working full time. He barely worked and when he did he wouldn’t help me out with the baby financially. He spent all of my money on weed and left me scrounging for money for my son’s needs. He became abusive to me when I was pregnant and only got worse after my son was born. When I finally got the courage and strength to leave him, I had no money and nowhere to go. He has 3 other kids that he refuses to pay child support for, one of which he owes AT LEAST $18,000 for. He works under the table so he doesn’t have to pay child support. He hasnt seen my son since January, when I told him there was no chance of us being together. Every child should have their father in their life and they need to make a show for people in this situation.PLEASE HELP!

22. Nicole says:

I’ve been watching this show since it’s came out! These fathers need to seriously step it up. They are not realizing they have kids on the way because if they did they would help out! I feel bad for all these girls no im not pregnant but to see the pain they are going through! If your pregnant that babies father should remain by your side you didnt choose to get pregnant! It just happened! And that child’s father had an input to! You both decided to have sex so what has happened you’ve gotten pregnant! I’m just gonna tell the truth it’s ridiculous as I don’t know what! I would love to see a father just step up to the plate and do what’s right later for drinking, smoking, and all you have a baby which is more important!

23. Lyndsey says:

My name is Lyndsey and i am 18 years old. I am about 5 months pregnant and I live in Arizona and would love to be on this show because my boy friend Joey we have been together for about 2 years and he doesn’t understand that I’m pregnant. He works a lot but when he has his days off he never wants to spend time with me he would rather DRINK and hangout with his friends. This show would hopefully help him understand that he is going to be a father. On top of that he doesn’t like it when i go out with him because he doesn’t want people to know I’m pregnant please help us….well ME!?

24. Madeline says:

i really wish this show was casting like nine months ago and i wish i would of known about. i think this show is a great idea. i have a boyfriend 23 we have been together for 3 yeasrs, im 19, he is definatly not ready in any way to be a dad , but he is we had a son seven months ago and i am about to go nuts because its so freakin hard to help angry stubborn dependent guy turn into good dad. he has a hard time with me and the baby. if there is anything that you guys think will help me or if you know of a show for dads that still dont know how to be dads let me know!! or if he could still e on the show that would be great to! i could really extremely use the help ! thank you . madeline thompson

25. 245292 says: