Scream Queens 2: Coming Soon!

tanedra_saw_vi

The next installment of the horror-actress reality competition Scream Queens is set to hit VH1 next year, and this time, the potential Queens will be competing for a role in Saw 3D (the next scheduled entry in the relentless franchise). Also new to the series: Jamie King is taking the role of group mentor. Peep the press release below for details!

Scream Queens 2 will take a new cadre of 10 aspiring actresses and give them the chance to win a breakthrough role in Saw 3D, the next film in Lionsgate’s Saw horror franchise. The reality competition series is produced by Lionsgate and Joke Productions, Inc. and is slated to premiere in 2010.

Season one winner Tanedra Howard was featured in the coveted and iconic “opening trap” scene in Saw VI, playing the character “Simone.” Due to her breakout performance and significant storyline, she is also expected to appear in future Lionsgate productions, a major coup for the previously undiscovered actress.

This season’s cast will once again be put through a horror film boot camp with intense physical challenges, learning how to work with creatures, gore, and stunts, while also building their acting chops. The winning actress will have to prove to the panel of judges that she has the talent, the looks, and especially the lungs to be a true Scream Queen.

Mentoring the hopefuls through the exacting process will be former model-turned-actress and horror film alum Jamie King (My Bloody Valentine, The Tripper). The cast will also be taught by Hollywood’s toughest acting coach, John Homa, and have their performances directed by Tim Sullivan (2001 Maniacs, Driftwood).

“Horror films continue to dominate the pop culture landscape and are some of the biggest film franchises out there,” said Jeff Olde, EVP Original Programming and Production, VH1. “Following the success of last season’s winner Tanedra Howard in Saw VI, we’re looking forward to working with Lionsgate to find the next great horror actress.”

“Real opportunities to break into feature films are rare in acting competitions and it’s great to be able to deliver on that promise,” said Kevin Beggs, Lionsgate’s president of television programming and production. “We’ve enjoyed a terrific collaboration with VH1 on Scream Queens, and look forward to building on the success of the series with even more exciting challenges in Season 2.”

“Tanedra did an amazing job in Saw VI,” said Jason Constantine, Lionsgate’s president of acquisitions and co-productions who oversees the Saw films, “and we’re excited about giving another deserving newcomer a role in Saw 3D.”

1. gem says:

LAME!!! VH1 sucks now, I’d give anything to watch the rest of Meagan Wants a Millionaire. *SIGH*

2. mwamf says:

i know i luved megan wants a mllonnaire

3. Michael says:

I Know!! i miss megan wants a millionaire nd they better bring i love money 3 to aire! juss cuz that stupid ryan jenkins did that _+`_*%&)_&$~+^~^ dnt mean they cant show the rest of those shows!

4. Michael says:

I Know!! i miss megan wants a millionaire nd they better bring i love money 3 to aire! juss cuz that stupid ryan jenkins did that &@!*`#_`@)(&#%`+ dnt mean they cant show the rest of those shows!

5. Tev says:

First season was pretty good, I’m interested in this one as well, but apparently they’re only hiring Jamie King because she looks good on camera. She’s not the best scream queen.

6. scottie says:

I cant wait …I loved Scream Queens 1!!At least this reality show has actual people with talent, not just pathetic women trying to catch a man.

7. Nick says:

reely, can’t they just show i love money 3 but blur out ryan jenkins?

8. sara says:

i’d rather watch scream queens then watch a murderer run around doing stupid stuff.

9. imthegreenfaiiry says:

I don’t know how much of a breakthrough role it was :/

she’s only been in saw vi and she’s working on saw vii

she hasn’t done much else :/

10. jessicalopes says:

I can’t wait t see this season last season was good and Tanedra was great in saw 6

11. Andrew says:

WOOT! Why are you guys nagging about Megan wants a millionaire anyways?? I’m sure she picked the richest one. Lmfao. We should all be nagging for ILM3…

12. jena says:

THE FIRST ONE SUCKED. NO NEED TO MAKE A SECOND.. come on vh1, really?

and enuf with the saw movies. plzz.

13. krayzieprincess says:

Forget this show. dont want to see MWAM either Just ILM3!! please bring it back

14. Katie says:

Can’t wait to see the new season!! but it sux that they casted Jamie King for the host! they should have kept Shawnee Smith!! but still looking forward to the show!

15. Lane says:

Trust me ILM3 or ILM4 is never gonna air VH1 wants less of love shows. Even though they bring in millions a week and the T.O. Show brings in half a million and so does Scream Queens but what ever..

16. Julie Hamilton says:

Hopefully Joke Productions will recognize my e-mail from the countless times I’ve tried to make contact with them. I apologize for my tenacity but I am the next Tanedra, the 26 year old nobody who has a Bachelors degree in Theatre because I couldn’t bring myself to submit to the “logical” choices. How crazy would one be to choose that path when they live in Nowhere, Oklahoma? I have the fire and I have the drive but I have absolutely no touch with the world around me and learned of the open call after it closed. ALL I’m asking for is a little info on if it will take off for a second season and, (because of my tenacity) I’m still torn on sending in my tape in case I’m disillusioned because of a lack of touch with anyone that would make an unbiased judgment on my talents. Thanks, and hears to hoping someone who recognizes a blind and unending drive for creativity reads this!! Thanks for your time.

17. Angiedee says:

I love this show!…Good luck Julie:)

18. toogie says:

Wow I am so happy that scream queens 2 is coming. I thought the first one was greaaaaaat! James Gunn and cast were teriffic. It was an interesting concept and winning a part in a movie wow what a bonus. Keep up the good fun Vh1!

19. Madison says:

wow what a wonderful show

20. Albert says:

I hope to see John Homa back in action and some new pretty girls for this season.

21. jellybean1 says:

when tadidra won that role it was so touching i started having tears for her to.. you go girl.. i dont like saw or watch horror but, i love when the underdogs win..

22. C Y says:

ON SCREAM QUEENS 2, THAT ONE THEY CALL TAI, TY, TIE OR HOWEVER SHE SPELLS IT. SHE NEEDS TO LEAVE GABBY ALONE. I REALLY BELIEVE SHE FEELS THREATENED BY GABBY THATS WHY SHE’S TRYING TO INTIMIDATE HER AND GET UNDER HER SKIN SO SHE WILL NOT BE BE FOCUSED ON THE MISSION AT HAND. IN MY OPINION TY IS NOT THAT GOOD. SHE DOES OVER ACT AND HER FACIAL EXPRESSIONS… :( I KINDA HOPE SHE GETS THE AXE. THERE WILL BE PEACE AND HARMONY IN THE HOUSE.

23. 1870717 says: