Secrets Of Aspen: Coming To VH1!

aspen_press

Secrets of Aspen is a new docu-soap is set to arrive on VH1 very early on in new year. Check the press release below for details:

VH1 has teamed up again with High Noon Entertainment, the producers of the hit series VH1 Tough Love, for a new docu-soap style series Secrets of Aspen. The show will explore the lives of six single women who live in America’s most renowned resort town – Aspen, Colorado. Known as a playground for the rich and famous, Aspen has become one of the country’s most expensive zip codes to live in. However, not everyone living in this small town can afford to live the lavish lifestyle. Aspen is made up of haves and have-nots where friction commonly occurs between the two. The new series, Secrets of Aspen premieres Sunday, January 3 at 10:00 PM.

The half-hour, eight-episode series will follow six dynamic ladies on their quest to find love, pay the rent, and stay friends over the course of one summer season. Together they represent a cross section of Aspen’s modern women. However, these ladies are no housewives. They live in a small city filled with big egos and even bigger drama, making it hard to hold onto any man that comes their way.

“This is a new and exciting show for VH1 that is a great fit for our audiences,” says Jeff Olde, Executive Vice President, Original Programming and Production, VH1. “Aspen is a town very much on the pop culture radar, but this show goes beneath the glamorous surface and into the real lives and relationships of some of the women who call Aspen ‘home.’ The town’s remote location, the seasonality of its residents and all the pleasures and pressures of wealth give this city its own unique set of rules.”

Aspen is an exclusive town of 5,000 residents that swells to 40,000 during peak season, providing endless opportunities and temptations for its locals. With limited permanent residents and a small pool of eligible men, the single life tends to take priority over long-term relationships. For these Aspenites, the continual ebb and flow of snow and money makes the town a challenging place to survive. The only thing Aspen guarantees is plenty of gossip and drama. Catch the new series Secrets of Aspen premiering on VH1 on Sunday, January 3 at 10:00 PM.

Viewers can catch a sneak peek of the season’s first episode on VH1.com and on VH1 Mobile on Monday, December 28 – six days before the on-air premiere. Subsequent episodes will be available on VH1.com the morning after they air. Additional video content from Secrets of Aspen including a weekly online after show with cast members from the series will be available on VH1.com and on VH1 Mobile throughout the season.

Jim Berger and Pamela Healey are executive producers for High Noon Entertainment while Ken Weinstock and Brett Weinstock are executive producers for KMW Productions. Russ Heldt also serves as executive producer. Jeff Olde, Jill Holmes, Alex Demyanenko and Noah Pollack are executive producers for VH1.

1. zg local says:

These people are not real Aspenites, B.S. Vh1!

2. jacquie says:

BS or not, I bet it will be one hot show!

3. ms eirn says:

so excited, get excited!

4. Tim says:

Sounds very “reginariffic!”

5. Aaron says:

I’d rather see I Love Money.

6. kkbailey007 says:

This is revolting. I live in Aspen and these people are not representative of the amazing, wonderful and diverse community that lives here. These people are disgusting and their lives are shallow and hollow and full of the most disgusting display of nouveu riche I have ever witnessed. VH1 should be ashamed at spending money to film and produce this show. I want to vomit.

7. Renee says:

Wow, Why is kkbaily so angry?
    You haven’t even seen it yet.

8. A true local homeowner says:

As a true local and homeowner I understand the negative reaction to this show being portrayed as representative of our town. These individuals actually can’t even afford the true Aspen lifestyle if not by taking advantage of living off of others. They live here, drink, party all night and give Aspen it’s bad name and reputation of locals being drug addicts and alcoholics. I read a few of the scripts and it is a pitty that these people would go so low… wanna be’s I suppose! But no one with 2 cents would buy that these low life’s are anything but… No one with any dignity would represent this type of garbage.

9. Aspen Local says:

Wow Aspen “Home Owner” Does that mean your from Aspen or just have a second home there? You sound like a bitter !`%@`^$($+(&(+)`@ maybe you should shut your mouth and wait until you actually see the show. I have lived in Aspen all my life. I also got to witness first hand the production at work. Vh1 represented Aspen in a classy fashion. They also helped out a lot of small businesses this summer. This show is going to be very beneficial to Aspen and it’s people. So take your negative attitude elsewhere.

10. Aspen Local says:

Wow Aspen “Home Owner” Does that mean your from Aspen or just have a second home there? You sound like a bitter `_~`*$`^&&&^*$%*( maybe you should shut your mouth and wait until you actually see the show. I have lived in Aspen all my life. I also got to witness first hand the production at work. Vh1 represented Aspen in a classy fashion. They also helped out a lot of small businesses this summer. This show is going to be very beneficial to Aspen and it’s people. So take your negative attitude elsewhere.
    oh and p.s you didn’t read any script, it’s not a scripted show!!

11. Aspen Local says:

Wow Aspen “Home Owner” Does that mean your from Aspen or just have a second home there? You sound like a bitter ^!#+@(~^!^()+_@#$ maybe you should shut your mouth and wait until you actually see the show. I have lived in Aspen all my life. I also got to witness first hand the production at work. Vh1 represented Aspen in a classy fashion. They also helped out a lot of small businesses this summer. This show is going to be very beneficial to Aspen and it’s people. So take your negative attitude elsewhere.
    oh and p.s you didn’t read any script, it’s not a scripted show!!

12. Sophie says:

So ‘Reginariffic’ indeed-good I have Vh1 -wanna see it!

13. WOW says:

Can’t wait to see this show! :)

14. Vacation home owner says:

Each one of these women are a total joke. Everyone in town is aware of this group of FAMEBALLS and laughing at them while they prance around town pretending to be Paris Hilton while getting filmed and trying to land a rich husband so they can stop paying rent. I can’t wait to hear them tell us all about Aspen. They are about as “Aspen” as flamingo.

15. Big bertha says:

What does “Regina” mean….? I think noveau rich means young and firm! The opposite is old money!!! Well, in that case- Out with the old In with the new! Those people are bitter bloggers! I can’t wait to see the show! I want to go to Aspen and see the drama first hand! Hot girls or boys “prancing around” sounds like great people watching! After all isn’t Aspen all about seeing being seen and spending lots money?!

16. Pretty People says:

Seriously negative people, who gives a sh*t! It’s for entertainment. As if any reality show defines the culture of any city. And if it does for you, then you’re just as shallow. Last I checked, every TV comes w/ an off switch. If you don’t like it, don’t watch it. On another note, super excited to see this show. It’s going to be a good time.

17. Mini nilla says:

I’m so excited to see the show! Who cares what people think about the girls? No matter what choices they make there are going to be hatred and lovers! You only have one life to live, And they are living it! So let’s be nice, go ski and enjoy beautiful Aspen.

18. jacquie says:

Gosh all the negative bloggers should get cast on the show so they can defend the “virtue” of Aspen instead of hiding behind the anonymity of snobby and unclassy blog posts.

19. T. Andrew says:

“regina” ruh/jeye/nuh – also known as, mangina, which is a gay mans love area!!

I am definitely tivo’ing this, I want the bad, the good, the plastic and all the drama that comes with it…ALL OF IT…and thanks to the haters!!! They are just generating more interest.

To the homeowners, this can not be anything but good for ASPEN – right now all us regular little people that don’t live up by Zeus the almighty see you as phony and plastic, so bringing you down a couple notches will make it much more likely to bring some reality up there to Mt. Olympus!

GET IT? GOT IT? GOOD!

20. Berin says:

Can’t wait to us ferin

21. Berin says:

Can’t wait to see us ferin

22. berin says:

Can’t wait for the fights ferin ohhhhhhhh

23. Kat says:

Hahaha. This show is going to be a riot to watch. Give it a shot before you knock the individuals. They’re all people living their lives and only getting 20 minutes extracted from hundreds of hours of shooting per episode. All for your entertainment. Sit back with some milk duds and enjoy!

24. toofunny says:

All high and mighty zglocal and localhomeowner, what is the definition of an, “ASPENITE”. Come on people you need to be knocked down a notch, get off your pedestal we are all people. Understand the difference between entertainment and real people! Don’t judge a book by it’s cover….silly, silly people!

Relax, enjoy the entertainment!

25. adrienne says:

I am looking forward to this episode, you girls rock!

26. adrienne says:

I think the negative responses are from people who are jealous, but have you ever heard the saying when they stop talking then you have to worry……….
    Rock Stars, yahooooooooo I am excited to watch, and I know they will be much better than what is already out there…..I love Aspen and Erin looks HOT!

27. Whapsaddle says:

Those girls are piping hot!! And they look like they know a thing or two about life between the sheet!!. Aspenites who take themselves too seriously are the LAMEST. Go away, move to Utah, you bore me and you probably don’t look so good in a pair of ski pants. I rule and when I come to town I’m gonna bang one of these chicks on your front lawn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And then vomit in your mailbox!

28. Female Aspen Local says:

Thinks Shana is going to rock this show! :) Love her, and she is a true Aspen local.

29. Aspen local 20 says:

I am someone who has been born and raised in this town, and still currently living here.

I am twenty and still in college working my **!`+#%@@)~+(+# off to live life here. Over the past summer, I saw these ridiculous crews filming and making the town look and feel unnatural. Honestly I think they will portray the setting of Aspen and the people here so far from what it is really like, that it will just make things worse for “Aspen.” Growing up with the rep from Aspen is tough as well, people automatically think your a rich snob. Everyone around the US. gives me (`!($#%@+#*&!($@ about living here whenever people ask where I am from. I may be 1 out of a few dozen, but my family built houses here 50+ years ago, and now they tell me they hate what the town is turning into. They saw/see it, and now I see it too. You may not believe me, but I bet you also didn’t grow up here and then go to college either.

The “hype” of Aspen is so ridiculous and so are the annoying tourists that Aspen lives on. To bad this is something that your terrible show probably wont cover. The only point of this movie is to make money.. thanks VH1

Heres a thought, maybe you should make a show based on the people really living here, “long time locals?” not the douche-bags from LA. Well typing this is pointless because they are going to show this crappy show.

30. An Aspen Local says:

This is an embarrassment to Aspen. Watching the trailer makes me want to throw up. This is scripted acting crap, not the real Aspen.

31. Megan says:

This is the biggest load of BS ever. “Aspen is made up of haves and have-nots where friction commonly occurs between the two.” Give me a break. In the over 25 years I have been living in the Aspen I have never experienced this. Nice stretch VH1.

32. Darren V. says:

I am so excited about a reality series that finally shows how glamourous
    Aspen is. As a gay single man in Aspen I have always been one of the
    “girls” and as such have been part of this inner circle. Great for Aspen and
    my optical business , Go Shana I love u!!

33. aspenite says:

i live in aspen also and all i can say is this show reflects nothing of what its like and i hope it isnt on the air for long.

34. max says:

i’m 6 th generation born in aspen colorado at this makes our town looks so bad, iv never heard of these people or even seen them walking down the street, they are fake and have no true connection to aspen, we do have a large number a rich people that live here but the ones that truly care about this place live here more then one week out of the year and don’t act like this in any way, great these people have houses here but before you asked them to do a show i doubt the spent that much time here at all, the secret is that no one here likes these people and don’t represent anything about this town. Its sad that there are so many interesting aspects of aspen but you have to go make a fake element to it just for your little vanity t.v. show. stop making a fake show that makes us look bad we don’t like it. but if you’d like to make a show about the REAL people of aspen i’m sure it would not be that hard.
    oh and everyone in my family in my family are FARE from wealthy, live in one house and we only work one job each.

thank you for giving such a false image of my home town

35. aspen smith says:

It’s like a parody of another show. I live in, go to school in, and party in aspen. I can guarantee you that some crazy #&%!&#(@!&$)~@~* goes down, but this isn’t it. Everything about this show makes the rest of the country love to hate us. Seeing them film this around town made me think to myself…I’m sorry for them, that they feel such a need to parade around like morons. I’m truly disappointed in city council for allowing this. And to you VH1? Next time put some thought into the shows you create. Maybe have some morals? Don’t take our dignity. Show we have to offer. The small businesses, family events, welcoming locals…that’s what we’re about. Not the Prada bags, booze at Social or Austin Martins in the *second* home owners’ garages.

P.S. Brooke and Laura – you were both wearing stage clothes so suck it up and move on… After all, it’s aspen, !+~($+@`!*`**_*!# es

P.P.S. Let’s notice how facebook shows – 304 members of “Aspen Against ‘Secrets of Aspen’”
    and
    69 fans of “Secrets of Aspen
    Girls, can you handle that math?

36. Sherry Young says:

Ha Ha. This is about the most stupid thing ever. Who the hell are these girls? Do they even ski or snowboard?

I know so many 20+ people in town, but mostly people who actually ski or snowboard or volunteer to support the community. These girls look and act like hos.

37. ZG says:

Scripted or not, it’s f’kin garbage. These bimbos are douchebags are, like hordes before them, just passing through and add 0 to Aspen. Aspen’s soul and messy vitality was gutted by these plastic a’holes a long time ago.

38. kati says:

in a response to adrienne, saying that all the negative responses are from the people that are jealous.. I’m wondering why anyone would want to be jealous of such a fake representation of such a wonderful town? Yeah, sure, rich people live here. Yeah, sure, some people work a couple jobs to pay the rent. But this show is making a mockery of a town with much more history and culture than anyone watching will know! All these comments are coming from “Vacation Home Owners” and “Summer Visitors”. I was born and raised here, not in Aspen itself, but in Basalt, 20 minutes away. This show is portraying an image that the people of the valley have been trying to get rid of.

I’m glad all of you guys are SO excited to be watching a show because of how “super hot” the girls are on it. As for all the Roaring Fork Valley locals? We want all of these bimbos to go back to LA, where they belong.

39. Jamie says:

This show makes me sick. )*%&@*`_*(%!#*)) you vh1.

40. a true aspen local says:

This is absolute ^)+%*%%!$`$_@#*% this show has absolutely nothing to do with the town and gives everyone here a bad image. This does not portray the town at all and is repulsive.

find another town to create scripted drama in

41. DDv says:

this show is gay. its these 6 &`)%#&`$~&~_^((`& es who aint know %*&(_&%_)+^~$&*~ about the way of aspen. its gonna set a snobby bithcy way of life to the rest of the world about how aspen is and it aint like these 6 single fake lil &`)%#&`$~&~_^((`& es

42. DdvBasalt says:

#_@%))#!*%!*($^) You Vh1 and your little #_@%))#!*%!*($^) ing slutty ++)`~&*#$&%_^`( actors go back to where ever u #_@%))#!*%!*($^) ing came from.

43. get over it... says:

Maybe instead of attacking this show and it’s cast, the people who really want to clean up the reputation of the town of Aspen should start within it’s own boarders. For example, they should focus on pressuring the authorities to crack down and stop turning a blind eye to the scourge by-
    1. Clamping down and getting rid of two town madams and then
    2. clean up the drug problem, getting rid of the drug dealers that are supplying their children with coke and RX drugs HYPOCRITES!

44. Fabio says:

Erin Newberg is awesome!

45. Full_Curl says:

Life in Aspen is good man, but not because of what you might see in this show. In fact, if people knew how good it really is, they would all want to give up their fake-O-Rama L.A. lifestyles and move here, but luckily, shows like this portray it wrong and make people think it is not as good as it really is. You see, I have not been here that long, 15 years, so I only now realize what a great life it *really* is. I get up in the morning, make my coffee and grab my board and hit the slopes. I work from my home, a little condo that most would find too small. I am self employed, have tons of time to my self. I can go to swanky parties up on Red Mtn. or I can make sure the batteries in my avalanche beacon are fresh and get into remote areas of the wilderness, away from the craziness in town. I can meet former presidents, nobel laureates at high profile functions or I can just hang with the bros at the base of Highlands after a day of pow. But funny thing is, because I am a good looking, healthy and driven young man, I *never* see the bimbos in this trailer, I see great people I have never met before, give David Cook and his manager directions to Johnny Maguires Deli to get a fatty. I see the best friends I have ever had walking from the gondy plaza with smiles on their faces. I walk, ride my bike or take the local bus to everywhere I want to go. I see soooo many people I know every day and feel a great sense of community and I realize that every day that I am no longer in shallow, absolutely useless LA is adding the very days back onto my life that I lost when I lived in the San Fernando Valley years ago.

So Aspenites, the real ones, you know who you are, you know who we are and you know that no silly show from the bowels of LA can change the opinion of people who know what Aspen is really all about. So chill out, it is not that big of deal, it will pass and these so called “hot” chicks will move on to the next coke choking sugar daddy. This show has nothing to do with the real secrets of Aspen and anyone with half a brain will know this, so be a real Aspenite and just laugh at it, like we real Aspenites know how to do..

46. cales says:

that is not aspen not even close. why cant vh1 make a show of truth. show the REAL locals, the dedicated hard working ones, that work their __(+&%#)^*#@^_! es off to live in this beautiful town. this show can not air. it will bring so much embarrassment to our beautiful town. those FAKE people dont make the town. we do, the ones who actually appreciate what mother nature has made for us here.

“secrest of aspen” trashy actors….GO BACK TO HOLLYWOOD WE DONT WANT YOU HERE.

47. Dino says:

Yuck: does not portray Aspen in a good light. There is so much more here, and certainly more attractive and smarter women, than I’ve seen on the trailer. South Park comes closer to the life in Aspen more than this so-called Secrets of Aspen. Please pull this show from the air before it ever hits the air.

48. Tara says:

This is a scripted show that depicts Aspen’s “elite” who don’t even live in Aspen. The town isn’t a cougar city with rich, snobby sluts. It’s a ski town where the locals aren’t seen at Louis Viton or Prada or whatever!!

49. Peter says:

Just to clarify to all bloggers on this site
    Please as a resident of Aspen I must make a stand by saying that Aspen is NOT what these people say it is. All rich, snooty, dramatic people who fight eachother for whos rich or not. Its NOT AT ALL like that I can $#+*^#@)!~^!+$@ ure you that. To be honest yes theres some money here but you’ll see more beater cars from downvalley (mostly latino) construction workers. Not to lie though yes people A LOT of people drive nice cars but ask any long time local even someone whos lived in Aspen for 5 years what its all about. Their answer will most definitely differ from what this show is trying to portray us to be. Aspen has been fighting to keep this image out of our town because its fake and not what we’re about… And remember people… this is the same Television Station that made a show called “Tool Academy” …….F***ing TOOL ACADEMY!!! EARTH TO VH1 PEOPLE HATE TOOLS……. Don’t do this to us
    My friend Wallace died here snowboarding doing what he loved to do in life. I’d hate for people to think that the town he died in is full of snobby little cougar sluts much similar to the droid-like ones you’re deploying here

50. Kelly says:

Ugh. These ladies were probably flown from LA. I live in the Roaring Fork Valley and Aspen is NOTHING like this. I saw them filmed @ Woody Creek Tavern and everything was TOTALLY SCRIPTED!

51. Kelly says:

52. Dave says:

What a joke…go back to Hollywood. Like you guys have any idea on what Aspen is really like. Way to ruin the town’s image by bringing in this #$%*.

53. True Disgrace says:

VH1 should be embarrased. I for one will not watch one episode and hope the ratings tank. Case in point Facebook’s VH1 Secrets of Aspen has 165 members and Aspen Against VH1′s “Secrets Of Aspen” has 1,518 members. If you want the real Aspen, try following one of the residents to their 3 jobs, participate in the employee housing lottery, and spend some time enjoying the beauty that this place has to offer.

54. This is a Joke says:

This show is a joke! They filmed a few times at the bar I bartend at… they are supposed to be locals but I had never seen them before and I am sure I will never see them in again. Considering I work at one of the most popular bars in town I think I would have know one of them…
    The gay guy is funny though.
    And the film crew was great! They can party~

55. Ken says:

yes, the ‘gay guy’ is pretty freaking funny, and I have a feeling a lot of you all will be watching, kind of like driving by a bad wreck on 82, you can’t NOT watch !

56. ellen says:

Hey Aspen locals… no one cares about you, that’s why you weren’t picked to be on the show. Get a life!

57. Snowball says:

Oh, righteous Pilgrims, please… Before frothing up into too much of a lather and succumbing to the vapors, this is a cheeky, sometimes wicked, little show about relationships – no more, no less – filled with the usual cattiness and rivalries and women who sometimes exhibit more physical beauty than obvious brains. But would you really expect – let alone watch – anything else? AND, when it’s all said and done, it’s still a show about people/relationships and not necessarilly about Aspen, itself. It’s simply set in Aspen, but would you rather be watching “Secrets of Albuquerque”? Watch the 1st episode, which is already available on this site. At what point do you ever see the town of Aspen (or its residents) skewered any more than with a reference here and there to the sometimes (and oh-so cliched) uber-wealthy lifestyle and reputation of the area. Guaranteed, even the most skeptical and critical will be watching despite themselves, and will be among the first to switch away if the action and energy (and cattiness) starts to lag in any way. Although, stay tuned for week 7 when all of the Aspen locals gather in the streets to club baby seals… imported, of course.

58. true aspenite says:

i have lived in aspen all my life and this is the fakest show ever. it is just like the hills. whoever made this should have done some research on the town instead of putting some snobs from LA in our beautiful town

59. Really Angery says:

I must say I am really shocked that one VH1 would produce a show in such a wonderful town that is based on BS. I am not wishing success nor failure just wanted to vent frustration on a show that will not portray the town accurately nor does it have true natives representing the town, and why does it always have to be about the rich and famous what about the working people that make Aspen what it is?

I have lived in COS since high school where other family members live in Boulder and Denver, we have never known Aspen to be portrayed the way they have here. The culture of CO in general is the most amazing aspect of the state, no show will ever be able to capture the lifestyle and environment of Aspen let alone any other predominant town of CO. Being a buffalo native, I know that the cast member Brooke is also from buffalo, NY as we attended HS together.

60. andy says:

I think this show is “GREAT” it’s about time someone brings more attention to Aspen

61. kelli says:

this show is am embarrassment to EVERYONE WHO LIVES IN THE VALLEY and complete bull `_($@*(+@)(*))#@

62. John says:

I have not seen this show yet but I did just see a long preview on VH1 and had to say this: I am an Aspen resident and NONE of the people on this show even live here! They came here to film a show with what is obviously a fictitious storyline. Shouldn’t reality shows be at least loosely based on reality, or are we beyond that now? Maybe I would have watched if they used real people but I will not be watching a pretend Aspen “reality” show with obvious actors. Good luck with this one VH1!

63. Pearl36 says:

I live in Aspen and work in a high end clothing boutique. The VH1 film crew came to our store with their actors and asked if we would let them in to film a segment where the girls are pretending to be shopping. Needless to say, we declined the invitation. I’m sure the actors are back in Hollywood now looking for work because they do not nor ever have lived in Aspen. Sad VH1. Sad.

64. jenning says:

I happen to know that one of the girls from the CAST is from South Florida- born, raised, and current resident- and the rest, its everyone’s guess- … I know they’re not a true representation of any “girls from Aspen”. How that collection of bimbos could portray the beautiful town of Aspen is beyond me, but hey, anything that brings my city some extra air time will surely draw some welcome hype… thanks to strategic marketers and surreality “tv” producers, yea the ones that graduated suma `%+)%(~$%%!*`!% laude from Ivy League schools and interned till their balls fell off, thanks to them we’ll get a little economic boost in my town for using our beautiful landscape as their playground. Aspen is a strong town rooted in ideals of sophisticated fun and no single trash females are going to ruin that long lived legacy. They are like school on Sunday, they have NO CLASS. VH1, we’ll be glad to see you GO and that’s no secret.

65. mikensnowmass says:

The only ones who believe we live like this are people who either only come to town for a couple of days around Christmas or have never been here at all. No wonder the people in Glenwood think we are all snobs.

66. lu says:

This show is hilarious. It’s like watching a show on the people that all of the people who actually live here make fun of. They hate themselves and I am thoroughly entertained.

67. DanielleAspen says:

This is HORRIBLE!! These women are ridiculous! This show does not depict Aspen whatsoever. I grew up here and Aspen is about keeping its local feeling. Us LOCALS do not shop at high end retail stores everyday and find +_+$#$!$%)+_&($* ty things to say about each one of our friends. Get out of here you crazy women! All you’re doing is giving Aspen a bad image and we want you GONE!!

68. DanielleAspen says:

This is HORRIBLE!! These women are ridiculous! This show does not depict Aspen whatsoever. I grew up here and Aspen is about keeping its local feeling. Us LOCALS do not shop at high end retail stores everyday and find *+^)*__~&_($#&+@ ty things to say about each one of our friends. Get out of here you crazy women! All you’re doing is giving Aspen a bad image and we want you GONE!!

69. DanielleAspen says:

This is HORRIBLE!! These women are ridiculous! This show does not depict Aspen whatsoever. I grew up here and Aspen is about keeping its local feeling. Us LOCALS do not shop at high end retail stores everyday and find _^#*@#)$+^_+)%%( ty things to say about each one of our friends. Get out of here you crazy women! All you’re doing is giving Aspen a bad image and we want you GONE!!

70. Hannah says:

I don’t know why anyone would be enticed to follow this show about a bunch of rich cougars cat fighting.

I just got done watching half an episode and I TOTALLY regret it now.

None of them are hot and none of them are even remotely interesting AT ALL. From what it seems, they’re very similar to trailor trash except they have a lot of money. I guess you could call them “Mountain Trash.”

THIS IS WHAT I PREDICT…

FLOP FLOP FLOP.

Big mistake VH1 BIG MISTAKE!!

71. Buffalo says:

Brooke Lauren (formerly Brooke Warfel) in her first words on the show, stated that she grew up in Aspen.

She grew up in Orchard Park, a suburb of Buffalo, NY.

What a crock of ^^+*$%!~(~`$&&_$ Nice reinvention of your history, Brooke.

Idiot.

72. Buffalo says:

She grew up in Orchard Park, a suburb of Buffalo, NY.

What a crock of sh*t. Nice reinvention of your history, Brooke.

Idiot.

73. Daniel says:

I doubt the women on this show are an accurate representation of the real women of Aspen. If they are, then Aspen needs to change their name to Cougarville. Couldn’t they find more attractive women??

74. Frank Fong says:

Truly dreadful. How much mney did you waste making this? It’s no secret though. this show is ridicuously fake and boring.

75. kwan says:

i’m kind of dissapointed in VH1 and feel sorry for the people of Apen who hvae to suffer this…AND WHTA’S WITH THE FAKE NARRATOR is this desperate houswives of gossip girl like um nooo…it seem they would get the gist that the community doesn’t want them their so they should just leave PEOPLE OF ASPEN I REALIZE THIS IS NOIT THE REAL YOU

76. Shelton says:

The one brunette who took the guy from the blonde one on the dance floor said “I guess I won.”
    She didnt win by being a @^&$$@$#$#~((`@)+ of course a guy will pick the EASY one first. But it those they are willing to wait for that win.

77. skibum says:

Let’s get one thing straight- these women are in their 30′s to early 40′s. They’re too young to be labeled cougars. True cougars are women in their
    late 40′s and beyond, divorced/widowed, typically with grown children and are out looking to relive the youth that they never experienced.

The show is rediculous. The women continually remark that there are hardly any men in Aspen. But apparently there are plenty of women living there.
    That just goes to show that women flock there looking for a sugar daddy. Proof again that most women are shallow and unambitious and can’t think for
    themselves. This is why a woman will never run this country.

78. dramafreeAspen says:

First of all What The !&+*(!!+`@&&_$`% Secrets of Aspen??? the only thing that is Aspen is the location. Who are these over dramatic __@~@`%%((!+$#~@_ s? (fag included) you need to get your *+_+(!)~!$&+*_(@ together VH1 your giving Aspen a bad rep with this digital diarrhea that you call “entertainment” Cancel this show immediately and burn all evidence including the fake hookers you hired to star in the show. (fag included) no offense to gay people anywhere but that guy is a ^)#(_$_)*+*~(+# for further explanation see South Park the “F” word)

79. dramafreeAspen says:

First of all What The #*_*!~)`@&@_(!@& Secrets of Aspen??? the only thing that is Aspen is the location. Who are these over dramatic ~~$!`+%$$@@!@**!% s? (fag included) you need to get your #!+__*!*`!`^*)^~ together VH1 your giving Aspen a bad rep with this digital diarrhea that you call “entertainment” Cancel this show immediately and burn all evidence including the fake hookers you hired to star in the show. (fag included) no offense to gay people anywhere but that guy is a ^~@~*#^$`^@&~`^ for further explanation see South Park the “F” word)

80. me says:

Wow cant believe you are all so upset? It’s just a show people. I moved to the aspen area 5yrs ago…..Have to say…Not that impressed!

81. LORENZO says:

This so-called “Secrets of Aspen” is shallow and unentertaining. I live in Aspen, for real, and I met the actor “Star” last summer. She said she came into town for a “project” and to visit “family.” None of those actors really live here in Aspen. They were imported from LA and Miami just for the show. VH1 is known for its sleeze factor and they have succeeded once again with this show.

If any of these actors are in town or now live in town, they should come forward for the Aspen Times or Daily News for an interview. The truth will out.

82. LORENZO says:

This so-called “Secrets of Aspen” is shallow and unentertaining. I live in Aspen, for real, and I met the actor “Star” last summer. She said she came into town for a “project” and to visit “family.” None of those actors really live here in Aspen. They were imported from LA and Miami just for the show. VH1 is known for its sleaze factor and they have succeeded once again with this show.

83. LORENZO says:

If any of these actors are in town or now live in town, they should come forward to the Aspen Times or Daily News for an interview. The truth will out.

84. Lisa says:

I’ve debated about posting anything, but finally had to do it. I am on the show. I’m not rich, but have lived here with my family for 6 years, mostly for the same reasons we all live here. And anyone who spends time here is here for the same reason. The way driving on McClain Flats Rd into town takes your breath away. The rush you have when you finish a bike ride to the bells. The end of a hike up the Highlands bowl and the feeling on the Temerity lift coming back up. When you walk into Mezzaluna and Sara, Patrick, Jenny, Heidi, Greg, Paul, Aidann and everyone else knows what you want to eat and drink. It’s a small town which has some drawbacks but so many more positives.

The show is filmed beautifully. Yes there’s drama but let’s face it drama sells. And it’s a show for entertainment and to bring life and exposure to our beautiful town which many people have never seen.

Yes damn straight i can ski. and hike. and bike. and go to Red Rocks. and raise 2 awesome girls at Aspen High School (one on an academic scholarship). I, like everyone on the show, appreciate everything Aspen offers. That is our mutual connection. I have amazing friends here who also appreciate our lifestyle. But Aspen will always have the complainers. Just relax and stop hating. It takes a lot more effort to hate than to love.

And for all the single girls here, it IS hard to meet a guy. I DARE you to object to that! But I met an amazing guy, after 6 f’ing years. Anyway, life is tough, but don’t let a television show stress you all out. THAT is more ridiculous than worrying about who lives where and for how long, blah blah blah.

I love my life here before, during and long after the show. period, happily ever after.

Lisa

85. adam west says:

sluts sluts and more sluts. what the hell. this show is about the 5% of aspens upper class not really about aspen or the real people. most of the locals are chill herb smokers not crazy b!%(#@$. show sucks hard makes me want to move.

86. Victor says:

This show is horrible! I have never seen such a train wreck in my life and hope they cancel it as soon as possible! I hope they all end up wiped out in a avalanche, not that I would watch!

87. V says:

This is completely scripted. Summer in Aspen is WAY CHILL, son. You can’t come in here and give Aspen the catty backstabbing fake plastic image LA has. Get outta town. Literally.

88. Britney says:

I really love this show for some reason. I think that it is actually a step up from the Hills. These people are hot, sophisticated, and know how to live it up good. I think that Laura is intelligent and strong she gives me a sense that she is strong and intuitive and she knows it. Brooke on the other hand is two face and inmature; yes, she is pretty but on the other hand she really needs to find her backbone and grow up and stop play the fences. She should really be dating guys her own age there are plenty of out there. I liked how Laura was trying to tell her that she does not need a man to get herself to the top. Brooke young and has some growing up to do herself and isn’t beyond some 28 year old guy at all. But yes the show does rock and I have only seen one episode so far. I am hoping that there will be lots more to come! Thanks Vh1!

89. ashley says:

I freaking love this show its so awesome.

90. Nellie says:

Real or not. Really don’t care. I look forward to when its on. Ben is too funny..hate that its only on for 1/2 an hour. LOVE LOVE LOVE the show.

91. Anna says:

I think what you have done to our little town has made it look trashy, unfair to locals and rich. Yes there is alot of money in this town, but i was raised here… my parents worked hard for their money and never spoiled me like any of the people you see on this show. They are not what aspen is, or never will be. It is crude and an offense to me and all the people raised here. I live here because I dont have to deal with people like that. Money isn’t everything and i’m sorry your making Aspen out to be the way you want it to. People come here to take in the beauty and renew their minds and souls with the mountains and all there is to offer. The way you portray people in this show ruin the true spirit of this town. I spit on you VH1, it discusts me.

92. Anna says:

This is not Aspen, this is NOT the town i grew up in. Get it right VH1 why don’t you try doing a show about real locals, the hardships we face and the backbone of the community that gets us through. Our town may have billions invested into it, but i bust my (`%_%%(+`^@_!@$ for what i get and it’s not much but I don’t need money to be happy. Your giving america a false hope and a false identity of who we should be. Gross.

93. jenna says:

I live in Aspen and find this show is very entertaining. I hope it returns next season. Question: Why is a the 40 year old, Laura crying about a friendship with the 25 year old, Brooke? What could they possibly have in common? I can’t believe that Laura has 3 kids and acts like she’s 19. Weird.

94. Local says:

You know I understand this isn’t a nature show about Aspen, and just a low budget crap reality show. But geesh couldn’t you get a better script, and better actors? Nothing about this show is interesting, and the acting is horrid as are the botox bimbos.

If you are going to have it in Aspen, then why not try to incorporate actual life styles and a few facts in the show? The show is only good for a laugh and will not last, that’s for sure.

Aspen sure doesn’t need any help from a film crew to help the stores survive. The tourists, X Games, outdoor sports, comedy shows, concerts, indie films and actors all support Aspen enough.

BTW botox bimbos on the show, if you really need a man, try Snowmass, Basalt, or down valley! Aspen isn’t the only town in the area.

95. local says:

VH1 can’t even have a web site that works let alone a show.

96. Joni says:

are there really such shallow, spoiled, worthless people in our country? it’s so embarrassing. i’ve never come across such awful people personally in aspen, mabye i’ve spent too much time in woody creek? glad they don’t live in Denver!

97. coco says:

can’t any of those chicks in Secrets of Aspen find a decent plastic surgeon, they are pretty fugley. especially the one with the sharpie mole.

98. Mike Risner says:

I was channel surfing with my daughters this evening when I saw this “Secrets of Aspen” on your channel. I thought hmm…we may want to watch this it may be showing something about skiing, but I was in a complete state of shock when I clicked the select button on my remote and me and my two daughters saw two men playing tonsil hockey! Why T.V. producers allow this crap to be on our TV I sure do not know, but I do know that I put a parental block on that channel so me or my two daughters will NEVER have to see it again! I think VH1 has went to the dogs and it is pure pathetic to watch their shows anymore!