The Celebreality Interview – Exotica

exotica_interview

Below, Exotica, one of the most recently booted contestants from For the Love of Ray J 2, talks bowling, being called a reindeer, self-love and her Cape Verdean heritage.

I really enjoyed you on the show.

No! I didn’t like the way they edited me.

Tell me why.

They made it seem like I didn’t know how to do anything, and that’s not true. Like, when I was bowling, when I was singing, and playing basketball and all that.

So you’re a good bowler?

I’m not. I’m OK, but on TV they made it seem like I didn’t know what the hell I was doing, and that’s not true at all.

I really liked you freaking out at the bowling alley, though.

I was kinda mad, ‘cause I really wanted to win a date, but on TV they showed my score as 16, but then you see the extra on VH1.com, and you saw it was 76. But I got so many fans who like me so much, they’re like, “You’re so funny, even though you can’t bowl.”

There are worse things than bad bowling that you could be accused of.

Oh, I know. I like that they showed my sense of humor. I’m funny. The only thing I didn’t like was how they showed me not knowing how to do anything.

How was your overall time on the show?

It was really good. I met a lot of girls, but by the end, I was stressed out. It started getting emotional.

You didn’t seem too upset when you were eliminated.

I wasn’t upset because the reason I got eliminated was that I didn’t know Ray, and that’s true. I didn’t lie about it. Ray was there, but he really didn’t talk to me, and I didn’t really talk to him. I was just there chilling because I really don’t chase guys. Even though I was on a show, I wasn’t going to change myself just to chase Ray and stay longer. That’s why I told him that it seems like he gets shy when he comes toward me. I was a little shy, too. I have different personalities, like I get shy around guys, and I was shy around him. He didn’t seem like he wanted to get to know me, though. That’s why I didn’t try. When I got eliminated, I was actally happy because there was too much going on. It was actually crazy.

Were you disappointed that you didn’t get to know Ray better?

Not really. Maybe if we weren’t on TV, it would have been different. But on TV, there was too much going on. The other girls were chasing him all the time to get a one-on-one with him. The whole time I had on my mind that I wasn’t going to do something I would regret one day. And I didn’t do it.

What do you think of Ray now?

I like watching the show. He’s so freaking funny. He should be a comedian. I have nothing bad to say about Ray. He’s very nice. The little bit of him I got to know was very fun, funny and outgoing.

When you say that there was too much going on in the house, do you mean the drama with the “Wolf Pack?”

It was a competition, and it was getting tough. The other girls, they were doing a lot of stuff, and I’m not going to be specific, but they were doing stuff that I would not do. Just to get a glass or to make it to the next episode, they were doing a lot of crazy stuff.

What did you think of the drama with Heartbreaker, Platinum and Luscious, though?

At first, they picked on Flossy, and just because I didn’t go against Flossy, I knew they were going to come back and pick on me. But I was like, “Please.” I don’t care if we’re in a public place eating, I don’t care if we’re with Obama, if you yell at me, I’m gonna yell back. If you don’t respect me, I’m not going to respect with you. Don’t come to me like, “We run this house.” You don’t run s***.

Any theories as to why they called you a reindeer?

I really don’t know what the hell they meant by that, but I think they were making fun of my hair. I didn’t know they said that until Flossy told me that. But if they were talking about my hair, I love my hair. I don’t wear fake hair or extensions. It’s all natural. I make money with my hair, so that’s all that counts.

You seemed very confident, not just about your hair, but in general.

Of course. I love me. I don’t care what the girls thought about me: about my style, about my hair. I was there for Ray, and then me. I don’t hold back. I do look like a model. Even Ray said it. They tried to use that against me, that I was on the wrong show, and I should have been on America’s Next Top Model. I was like, “You’re not gonna tell me which show to be in,” you know?

Would you say that you are conceited?

No, I’m not. I’m just confident. It is what it is.

What about when you got into it with Extra?

To be honest, I really felt bad for her in the end. I was bored, and I figured, “Let me pick on Extra.” You know, she wasn’t pretty at all, so I was like, “Let me just pick on her.” Everyone saw that she picked the bed before me, but I took the bed from her. Whatever, I don’t have anything against her. That’s kinda mean, but oh well. She got over it. I’m sure she did.

When did you come over from Cape Verde?

About 10 years ago. At first, it was really hard. I had to learn English. I only spoke French when I came here. Imagine me, don’t know how to say anything in English. It was really hard, but I kept going, and look at where I’m at! Sometimes I think about it: I never would have imagined coming from Cape Verde and being on a national TV show. Everybody knows me, all the Cape Verdeans love me, they happy that I’m representing Cape Verde. Nobody knew about Cape Verde until I got on the reality show. So I’m really happy that I did the reality show. Basically, I’m reaching all my American dreams.

Keep up with Exotica via her MySpace and follow her on Twitter.

For the Love of Ray J 2 show page
For the Love of Ray J 2 videos and extras
RAYJ.com
Ray J – Exclusive Video Interview

1. BonishkaRai says:

that is good 4 u. the wolfpack are just a group of haters. they’re just mad b/c they can’t break u down. u tell them good.

2. CHON says:

I JUST WNTTO KNOW IF THE SHOW CAME ON ON THE 28TH OR IF IT IS COMING ON ON THE 29TH, BC I AM LOOKING FOR THE REPLAY AND CANT FIND IT. I CAN ONLY FIND A SHOW DATE FOR DEC 29TH AT 10PM. THANKS

3. BLESSED says:

I give it up to Exotica… Single handidly the most sexiest, LADY on the show other than Flossy ofcourse. I have seen several pics of her and in reality, she sould be a model. Zero percent fat and all curves… WOW! Also, the straight hair on her looks absolutely amazing!!! Diversity is key in modeling and she has several unique looks to her… All in all, EXOTICA was and is the sexiest girl to have been on FTLORJ 2 :)

4. ashley says:

What is going on? Why is Ray J sending home most of the black women. It supose to be For the Love Of Ray J not Rock Of Love. He lost a fan.

5. richard says:

well u were the prettyiest yet i wouldn’t advertise u to get ur own show. but if vh-1 want to use u to spring board me so i can get my own show den ill entertain the youth n show da young men how to get a lady dat look like u. i mean i dont know if ur all big but i hold my weight well, and maybe season 3 of ray j kick off den ill choose another girl n ill officialize it. like real n chance probably get another season because hot wings was n da end n doll grew on me n they stayed till da end. Ray J. he shouldn’t have let u go, thas my opinion he should have kept caviar from the original series yet )&)+@@(~+$*+#!_$ tail was a great choice dis season now of the remaing females im attracted to none sorry. but when it pops n a few more weeks whom he choose ill judge again but today the four 5 remaining im not liking at all like dat. im dinkin maybe da older woman yet das all u ray j man.

6. abby says:

these $_#%&@~“(&@!(%(! es are carzy

7. the queen says:

i love exotica!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and jaguar and flossy….STUPID RAY!!!!!!!

8. nettab00 says:

she was not cute

9. carla says:

ray jay was wrong for sending the hottest girl on the show home… love her hair and accent

10. rod says:

EXOTICA was the baddest one on the show, unique and have european swagg,,, love her

11. nikki_1228 says:

the ONLY girl i like on the show would have to be CALIENTE!!! she is a very nice gurl with a GREAT personality… i used to like luscious but THAT HOE “SMASHED THE HOMIE” & well thats REALLY DIRTY in my opinion… just like DANGER so i HOPE ray doesnt end up with her. i just think that she just wants to be famous off this show just like the rest of them… & sorry exotica but you were a lil too dingy for my liking. over all, i think ray should choose CALIENTE at the end and keep it like that!!!

12. Jodie says:

This is the worst show VH1 could ever have. This show should be cancelled

13. HipHopSays says:

i am pretty sure folks know about cape verde …. and at the very least those who didn’t pay attention during fifth grade geography (or was punished by having to attend american public grade school) should know about the cape due to kanye’s girl du jour … amber rose. the exotic dancer turned la la land ‘socialite’ and model is proud to big up her cape verdean heritage. also, i am confused by exotica mentioning she hit the states speaking french as i thought the official language of the cape was Portuguese with a sizable creole speaking population (which i always believed was portugeuse based…but maybe it’s french based creole like in haiti). lastly, i get exotica being POed about her portrayal as the editing had a narrative of the ‘clueless foreigner’ … but to be fair they have edited the argentinian chick in the same way.

14. lanese2010 says:

This girl got booted off because there was no chemistry between her and Ray. She would say “we all pretty” but at the end of the day that will only carry you so far. Ray has had beautiful women in his life before with much more personality. Even when Exocita got her one on one with Ray at the restaurant she was sitting there looking crazy like I’m so pretty, and he was like talk to me what’s up? In my opinion, she was not the prettiest woman on the show, and lacked confidence when it came to interacting with a man. She walked like she was on a run way all the time. Just trying to be discovered and used the show to gain popularity.

15. candygirl2010 says:

Exotica to me had no chemistry with Ray. She kept saying “we all pretty”.. and rested on that to make it to the finals, but Ray has been with beautiful women before who had more going for themselves than her. She froze up when given the opportunity to talk to Ray, then blamed it on the network editing. There was nothing there to begin with she was walking around like she was on a runway instead of trying to connect with Ray.

16. Jayd says:

I enjoyed watching Exotica. She is not a representative of all Cape Verdean women, but she is definately confident and she should never apologize for being sexy. Just to clear up one thing: Cape verdean’s speak Africanize Portugese; which is creole,but not french creole. BTW the winner of Real& Chance reality show was also Cape Verdean.

17. unknown says:

So she picked on Extra because she wasn’t pretty at all? that’s a dumb reason I can understand the other girls picking at Flossy if anyone say if she was the baddest or hottest girl on the show must be blind or is still in the 70′s or 80′s

18. anastasia says:

Exotica was the most beautiful of all the girls….They were all jealous of her and tried to get her out of the house. She really has a very stunning, unique look about her. She did’nt need to be like most of the other trash in the house was and chase after Ray J—-she does’nt have to chase after anyone. I personally think that Ray J is still in love with that gross, disgusting freak–Danger, AND that he is the father of her child. They just had to keep it on the down low so their can be a season 2, 3, 4, etc. He is blinded by that devil of Danger….she looks and acts evil. She can’t compare to a strand of Exotica’s hair!

19. BrendaLea says:

Personally I really Liked *Exotica* She has alot of Confidence and she is very Beautiful. Does not matter where she comes from really….She is a Human Being and a Soul here on Earth with the Rest of Us….. She certainly has every Right to Live her Life as she Chooses, and does not hav to Compare herself w any of the other girls in the house fighting for Rayj or does she have to Compare herself to any other Girl, Woman, or Lady any where on this Planet… She is Stunning! If more of us took Care of our Bodies: We too can have a Body Like Exotic”s. Good For Her.. U Go Girl…N Further More; If Two People Are Not Compatable Then That Is Reality… I truely Do Not Think Any of these Girls are for Rayj and Exspecially NOT Danger…n One More thing *What Makes Rayj So Special in the First Place anyhow??????????????????????????????????Oh ya the Cash and all the Materialistic Things that go w that…

20. flo says:

Exotica was the hottest out of all of them…1 she was funny as hell kept me rolling all the time..2 she was very out spoken didnt care what the other girls taught of her…3 she was natural and real, from head to toe, not like the other girls with fake boobs, %~_&#@~%+#($%_* es, and hair… u guys are haters

21. Darryl says:

Why does’nt Exotica mention her daughter ?

22. 155029 says: