Tough Talk From Steve Ward – Season 2, Episode 7

tl2_7_28

As he did last season, Master Matchmaker and VH1 Tough Love commander Steve Ward will weigh in with his thoughts on each episode of his show. Below, Steve talks about Episode 7: the game show, Taylor’s gold-digging and Liz’s ability to know men generally, not specifically.

Liz did really well in the game show, winning the audience over, and yet when it came to the two-on-one date, Nick went for Alicia instead. Ironic, no?

Liz was just being herself, and there’s nothing wrong with who she is as a person. I think she has good values. She knows men in general, but she doesn’t know men specifically. On the date, Liz was just too overbearing. That’s the bottom line. There’s nobody that you’re going to be able to attract and keep if you’re just going to bring so much intensity.

Did that outcome surprise you?

No. Nick is a friend from home. I brought him out there because I thought he could be a fit for either one of them, and he’s recently single. He told me he was looking to meet someone and he had the time to do it. I knew he could be with anybody. Liz was just being herself, though, which I thought was kind of funny.

Speaking of Alicia, it was disheartening to hear her say that she doesn’t think she’s good enough for a good guy.

I think she has this sort of personality where she doesn’t like to give herself enough credit. It was kind of obvious to me, but I knew that Nick wouldn’t mind that. Nick’s kind of the same way. There’s a lot of things he didn’t share with them that he could have, he’s a really cool guy who’s accomplished things with his life. But he’s also not the type of guy to brag about himself.

At the game show, Taylor proved to be every bit the gold-digger she has the reputation for being.

Of course. She feels that she should be appreciated with money. That’s not reality. She shouldn’t expected to be valued based purely on income.

What did you think of her discussion about her future with Willy?

Willy wasn’t even taking things that far. He was just trying to get her to essentially come down to earth. He didn’t want it to be expected of him to provide a fabulous life for her. He likes to do that sort of thing, but men don’t want to be generous because they’re expected to – they want to be generous because they like to. They want to be generous on their own accord.

What did you think of Angel not having enough money to pay for her date?

It was an example of how Angel doesn’t take responsibility very seriously. It was a little disappointing. I think even Adam noticed that, which was kind of sad.

Any thoughts on the Angel vs. Taylor argument?

I wasn’t necessarily surprised. It gets really intense later in the season, it all comes to a nasty head. I think the deal with Taylor is that she needs to be in control. She needs to feel like she’s the most important person in the room, and she doesn’t like to be marginalized in any way. For Angel, it boiled down to a respect issue, and the fact that Taylor wore that dress when Angel was planning on wearing it. That may seem petty, but to women it’s a big deal. She took it as a sign of disrespect. In the end, though, I don’t think it really matters whether I agree or disagree.

Sally did the best this episode.

She did, and the guy really liked her. Her dramatic change has been very obvious, and I think that’s what you’ll see for a lot of these women. It’s all coming together.

Liz, on the other hand, lands in the hot seat.

I just think Liz is a little uncouth. If she wants a guy who possesses all these qualities – somebody who’s strong, loyal, dependable and capable. A lot of guys who go into the military aren’t rednecks, and a lot of them come out gentlemen. They come out very respectful. And Dave struggled with that, too: “I thought I was supposed to be a gentleman, but she just wants me to be myself.” What I realized is even if Liz wants to be a low-class kind of girl, that’s her prerogative, and if the guy that wants to be with her doesn’t mind that, god bless ‘em. Who am I to judge?

Follow Steve on Twitter!

VH1 Tough Love 2 show page
VH1 Tough Love 2 videos and extras
Master Matchmakers

1. Andee says:

I really like tough love i watched the first season and was dissapointed when Taylor left at the end i thought she was very pretty and thought she would change she was my favorite on season one. But on season two as i have watched i have felt my likings toward her change. I think she has gained weight and she needs to pluck her eye brows. I feel bad for talking bad about her but the way she has been acting is redicoulus she needs to grow up. On the first season she said she had been threw bad things and needed and man to support her cause she had been left in a bad sittuaion. Well ive been through alot in my life too i have a one year old daughter and a husband who wasnt always so great. But i can tell her she does not need a man to support her! If she is so smart as she says she should be able to by herself. She needs a man to love her and to love him. I feel Taylor wont ever see that but i will pray she does.

2. Wyleworld says:

All I have to say is that if I would be the perfect woman for Willie! Taylor needs to come off her high horse and realize that she has a good man. Not all men will take the treatment that she dishes out! Steve Give me that opportunity with Willie, And I will show him a good time!!

3. Jesse says:

I must say, over all I love this show. What I think would be interesting, is if Steve could do a show like this for those of us, that are the middle-aged gay men. Ok don’t laugh. But do you know how are it is for that age group of men. I think steve can do a lot to help.. I see a lot of similarities. He knows what guys want, but can he see it from two sides of the same coin?? I think it would be interesting to see..

4. Jess says:

Where the **** was Rocky this episode? I had to watch it again to see if she was even there!

5. Imran says:

This is such a episode one like to watch it again & again.

6. Imran says:

This is such an episode one like to watch it again & again.

7. Imran says:

This is Just amazing.

8. Imran says:

This is great.

9. TJ says:

Dear VH1

This morning I stumbled upon your top 20 countdown. I guess I should have been warned I was about to be bored to death by the host. Sherer? idk, let’s call him “Mr. Forgettable”. Anyway, let’s kick Mr. Forgettable out the car door, or at least make him ride in the middle seat in the back between two much larger guys. What you need is a host with some charisma. I’m exactly what you’re looking for. Young.smart.funny.attractive. Plus I won’t say things like “this place must be Nickelback’s Lucky Charm”(very uhh cute Mr. Forgettable..) anyway unlike “Mr. Forgettable” people will remember my name. -TJ

10. Novi says:

I’m more worried about Liz than any of the other girls. If she refuses to accept any sort of submissiveness or weakness from men, she could find herself with a domestic abuser.

11. asadbhutta says:

Everybody’s favorite rapper turned reality TV star returns to the tube yet again to find one true love amongst a mansion full of catty yet curvaceous wannabe-Mrs. Flavs.

thanks

12. Oliver says:

Thanks for sharing info on Steve Ward.I am a big fan of him. thanks once again.
    ezinearticles.com/?Force-Factor-Reviews—Do-Force-Factor-Supplements-Work?&id=2921490

13. Lee says:

Thanks VH1, Steve and your mom for doing this show! It sure was tough to watch at first, since I can see a little bit of me in each cast member. But that’s ok, because maybe after 40++ years I’ll finally find the right guy and be with him for the right reasons. For now, I’m doing the work along with them. So far there’ve been more good days than not so great days. Hoping with more awareness will come new possibilities. Even if I lose another good one along the way, I have more hope now that I WILL (eventually) get there! :)

14. Alice Robinson says:

I wanted to say good luck to u ladies on findin ur soul mate. Im 31 single mother of two children and dont know why? So Im glad to hear ya’ll on the show. Bc my life is simlar to some of u. but good Luck!!

15. MEA says:

well im a 33 year female ive been single for 5 years dont get me wrong ive seen men but only on there terms.Im starting think theres truely somrthing wrong wit me why i cant laid a good man or any man for that matter.But neither the less i love the show and i try to follow tips from the show maybe just maybe it will hepl me out.KEEP up the good work STEVE I LOVE U

16. Leah says:

Steve…Of “Tough Love” … Is a Male Chauvenist Pig! OMG!!!
    “He Needs A Reality Check.. Its No Longer A Mans World.. Especially… In Hollywood! He Needs To Get Out From Under The Cave He Crawled Under.. And Get A Much Better Grasp Of The New And Improved Hollywood Reality!” Is it Jewish Men? Or Is it that he isn’t man enough to handle a Cougar.. Long Term.. Especially One With Money.. Equal or.. More to his? Women today.. don’t all want kids.. or feel they have to have kids to be complete and happy. Heck.. there are many men .. I know.. who don’t want kids today.. or in this world we live in think its not a good idea. High risk pregnancies? OMG again…. Nancy Grace just had twins at 48 okay.. healthy ones at that! I know two women 50 who had a child.. Not multiple .. one.
    Oh…. And There is vaginal reconstructive surgeries galore.. Joy. Also… there is a brand new surgery called an Ovary transplant that is not a complicated surgery and this has been Extremely sucessful. He was out of line… and I was offended. He tells the poor desperate women on his show.. they better hurry up? Come on now.. ! An ovary transplant is ALot …. cheaper then invitro.. etc. It cost $8,000.00 and a woman can get on a list .. for an ovary… and have an ovary of a 20 or 30 year old… and a child up until 60 the Fertility doctor stated on line. So… he needs to do some factual research.

17. Cheryl says:

Hi, VH1
    I don’t watch a lot of TV due to my busy life (I work 7 days a week), but I did watch Tough Love Season 1 and felt we have things in common (the past still haunting us). This time around, I am so happy to see that she was able to break the cycle and be brave enough to love again. Way to go, girl!!! It gives me hope. I’ll probably give love a chance and stop thinking about the deal breaking rules I’ve been keeping for over 15 years (I’m almost 30, still single). Anyway, thank God for Tough Love!!!!
    Sincerely,
    Cheryl

18. yasmine says:

iam so happy for Angel&Adam bcause they belong togather.i hope all the women find the right man who loves them for who they really is. wish everyone the best can’t wait until next season. Are you single steve?