The Celebreality Interview – Fantasia

Fantasia Barrino, star of VH1′s reality smash Fantasia for Real, recently stopped by the VH1 digital office to discuss her show, her life, her literacy, the theme of sharing that has run throughout her career, and how it came to the point where she was supporting six people on her income. You can watch the entire 15+ minute chat at the Fantasia Exclusive Interview video page, but above is my favorite segment, in which Fantasia talks about her uniqueness in the R&B landscape and the challenges it has caused for her career. Below, Fantasia offers a brief preview of her forthcoming third album.

Watch our entire Fantasia interview here.

Fantasia for Real show page
Fantasia for Real videos and extras

1. fantasia_4_ever says:

Great interview, I want more!!

2. Sinn says:

Best thing that VH1 has done in a long time, is give Fantasia a show. I am a huge fan, love, love her. Such a soulful voice, and such a beautiful person. Fantasia, keep doing what you do, and may God Bless you and Keep you and your family. I love the show, cant wait to see the next episode.

3. Gloria says:

I LOVE THE SHOW I AM SO GLAD TO SEE MY GIRL FANTASIS I JUST WISH IT WAS ON LONGER THAN 30 MINUTUES. I CANNOT WAIT UNTIL NEXT WEEK .

4. Kika says:

I love Fantasia, You Keep doing the what you do…. God has many more blessing for you…. Pray for those who despite you…. All i can say is that you are blessed.. I love your music…

5. DBeezie Baby says:

I love Fantasia and can’t wait for the new record she is a great singer. She is a true arist and I loved the second album it was just over looked! I know she has staying power

6. txlatina2001 says:

Fantasia!!! I am so excited about chillin and watching this show! Fantasia, you are a beautiful person inside and out! You have a big heart. I smiled the whole show. Your laugh is contagious!! :) I can’t wait for more, and your release! Keep doing what you do, don’t ever change. Hi 5 for being a great awesome single mom!! And your right, she’s not our child…she is yours. Spoil her like nobody’s business, just make sure she don’t forget where you came from….

7. debby says:

Fantasia Iam one of your biggest fans ever but I just heard your song move on me Iam sorry but I know you can come up with a song better than that. Really didn’t like it.

8. mrs nurse says:

Lord knows I am a Fantasia fan for real, have been from the beginning, however, I am not sure whether this show will help or hurt her career. Some things are private and should not be seen by the whole world. I know you love your brother Fantasia, but you have been hurting Teeny more than helping him by allowing him to mooch off of you. He acts more like a spoiled little rich teenager rather than a grown ass man-almost 30. Let him make his own way, he will appreciate life a whole lot more. As for Zion, that preety little girl is your baby, I think all mothers spoil their firstborn! I think with the help of your Mom she will be ok. And girl, spoil your Mama, you only get one in this lifetime!!

9. Lattice says:

Fantasia, I think you are a wonderful young woman, but I hate to see your brother Tiny what ever his name is take cold advantage of you. AFter watching the second show, I think you are going to put your foot down and not let him come back to your house. Your mom is also a problem, she is too soft and have no back bone, your aunt is time enough for your brother. When your new album comes out I will sure to purchase it, because I do believe in you..You have been my girl from the day I saw you on American Idol. Keep doing you…Please don’t let that boy or none of your family members take you down…

10. shovey ellis says:

I LOVE THIS SHOW EVEN THOUGH I DONT AGREE WITH HER BROTHER TAKING ALL HER MONEY LIKE IT IS HIS. SHE HAS DID GOOD BY HIM. BUT ITS TIME TO LET GO OF HIM AND USE TOUGH LOVE HE IS A GROWN ASS MAN AND SHE NEED TO TEAT HIM LIKE ONE….

11. dlooney says:

I’VE WATCHED YOUR SHOW FROM THE BEGINNING. I LOVE IT! I ALSO HAVE TO SAY EVERYBODY IN YOUR HOUSE SHOULD BE WORKING WITH THE EXCEPTION OF YOUR MOMMA(SINCE SHE TAKES CARE OF YOUR DAUGHTER) TEENY HAD TO GO! I KNOW THAT HE’S YOUR BROTHER AND YOU LOVE HIM. I WAS IN SHOCK & AWE, WHEN YOU ASKED HIM TO MAKE SOME CHANGES. THE NEXT SCENE, HE STARTED RIPPING APART YOUR POOL HOUSE. MY FIRST THOUGHT WAS FANTASIA GOING TO HAVE TO PAY FOR ALL OF THIS!

12. Heather says:

Love everything about Fantasia she turned all the negatives in her life into a plus. Travelled with friends from Europe to watch her in the Color Purple on Broadway and now enjoying the VH1 insight into her family and life. Fantasia is going through several transitions but every crooked path will be made straight. She will overcome the challenges and when she looks at Zyon that is reason enough to smile and give thanks.

13. SultryT38 says:

Awesome interview! You touched on every subject that many who may not know Fantasia and for her fans who absolutely adore her and her honesty. Truly, I felt that Fantasia answered these questions extremely well. I’ve been saying it for awhile how artist that are truly gifted and talented are always overlooked by those so-called artist who have some talent but mainly are picked up based on their looks. I for one prefer quality music than just the next trend or fade of music.

Especially when dealing with soul music it is meant to touch the soul and take you to that place where you can relate because you’ve been there too. Fantasia, I truly wish you the best. Love the show and can’t wait for the new album to drop. I’m already humming ” Move On Me” around the the house. I really pray that you get the proper promotion for your new cd and kudos to you for going back to school to receive your GED. Continue to be you and let God do the rest. Continue on that road of tough love with your family and know that it doesn’t mean you love them any less. You have to look out for your best interst which is your career that your building and your lovely daughter Zion.

Nothing But the Best for You in 2010. Peace and One Luv 2 U!

14. Anna says:

Good morning Fantasia, How are you doing? Well I would like to say that i enjoy watching your show. But money make will not keep a family together,so i feel its best that you let your brother do his own thing. 1)He has no DL an has two cars.2)He has no job.3)He is living rent FREE.I could understand if he was bring home a pay heck but he’s not. Fantasia your a single parent. What if you did’t have the money then what. I am a single parent working two jobs And i promise you my family already know that I don’t play when it comes to money. Yes I will help if they need but at the same time, I have kids to take care of.So I’m just saying let Teeny be a man and stop caring for him. Oh why don’t your mom sing with you. And your daughter is real pretty.But from a single parent to a single parent it’s time you open your eyes.I am real happy for you. Do your thing!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. tatyana says:

i like this show it is good and her brutha rico is so fine.

16. tiffany h says:

I just wana say that watching Fantasia’s show really touched me. Im sobbing silently as I type because the show just brought back so many memories. I am the youngest girl in a family of three and I am the only sibling with children. We lost our mother during very early adulthood.I was always a very closed off person because my mom suffered from schitzophrenia and I lived in fear for most of my upbringing. Watching Fantasia make up with Teeny made me feel like Im ready to voice my feelings and want to get help for my own mental state because I feel like I am almost ready to communicate with my own siblings about alot of pent- up frustrations.I am always sad because I try not to let this affect my kids.So I put myself on the back burner alot. I dont think I will be respected for how I feel and what I go through.My biggest fear is having them hear my words and trivialing them as if they’re not valid or important.Like I’m not entitled to be the wreck that I am. Looking at me you would think I’m fine, but I cant even go to church without breaking down.Well anyway I just wana say thanks Fantasia for being a symbol of hope for single parents. I am one step closer to happiness and emotional freedom.

Your biggest fan,
    Tiffany

17. RO says:

Fantasia…..did your people tell you that it is NOT professional to chew gum while conducting an interview?

Please remember that for future ref.

Your show has grown on me….your brother is growing you on too….and will be for the rest of his life if you do not put your foot down and allow him to be a man.

He will get over it….if you love him you would make him go off and get his own gigs. You and him will be regretting in in the future. What are you teaching Zion…that it is ok to have a grown man mooch off of you. Girl…you are better thatn me any day. Now that’s “For Real”

18. bring_it says:

I really love your show Fantasia. You are right baby girl it is time to do you. All those grown people in your home that’s depending on you to take care of them is just shameful. Don’t get me wrong I am all for spoiling your Mother, but I have a problem when it comes to grown men looking for their Sis to provide their every need, those two lazy slugs are going to ride you to the ground as long as you let them especially Teeny, he is a scrub now and will always be a scrub as long as you take care of him. Teeny needs to find himself a JOB and stop trying to make himself out to be something he is not and will never be “Boss” PLEASE Fantasia stop allowing your Mother and Grand-Mother to fill your heart and head with guilt because you no longer want to take care of GROWN AZZ MEN

19. CHARMY JOHNSON says:

sweetheart, your career is going NO WHERE WITH teeny AND YOUR FAMILY MOOTCHING. RICO WANTS TO LET GO has a fine possible career but Teeny got GAME. He went away to regroup his game plan and it looks good to you but the FANS can see it — even your brother and ex girl friend SEES IT. Why can’t u? saving money he says? What money? maybe gradually stealing yours to build his up. I can see the dishonest and GAME in his smirking smile. BABY, your career is going NO WHERE AGAIN I SAY TIL TEENY GOES. I do wish you would DRESS a little more lady like. whats with the tatoos? UGLY. I THINK YOU AND TEENY ARE SIMILAR CAUSE YOU HAVE A LOT OF WORLDLY WAYS THAT YOU CAN’T SHAKE OFF. I’ve read your book also. you were raised the right way but when you’re singing GOSPEL SONGS, Your dresses are to short and sleeveless and KICKING OFF SHOES? GROSS GHETTO unprofessional. I PRAY FOR CHANGE. OLD MATURE WOMAN i HOPE THIS WILL B PUBLISHED

20. tiffany says:

I think fantasia is a beautiful, strong, kind hearted person. I think fantasia is good for the soul because she is different, she’s not the typical light skin, woman that we see all the time. She reminds me of myself in a lot of ways. Stay strong fantasia, and keep ur head up! Love on of ur biggest fans!

21. TAY says:

look idgaf abt wat she did ima like her no matter wat its life nd i hope just cuz she did this yall dnt go get her album nd if soo thats dumb like her song she says its BITTERSWEET gosh big deal…I LOVE FANTASIA NO MATTER WHAT!!!

22. How does the undo cell phone number search operate? That is a means of discovering individuality’s name, their current address in addition to also added details what time is personal by extra by their a number of telephone number.

23. Click here that attempt single of the for the most part respected undo telephone look optimistic services with the purpose of uncover the owner of any land line otherwise cell phone number and obtain the entire particulars.

24. You know how to search using mobile phone number as soon as hit upon facts on the topic the owner by means of a repeal lookup search or swap phone book. There are certain web pages so when provide this service for free next to no asking price, however they are limited as soon as landline phone numbers only in exalted cases.