The Celebreality Interview – Pepa

Pepa recently stopped by our office, and oh my god this interview was so much fun. Above, we talk bout Let’s Talk About Pep, her new reality show, and the years of celibacy she brought to it. Below, pretty much the best thing that ever happened to me is caught on tape: after some talk about Pep’s pop-culture longevity, together, she and I rap the first verse of Salt-N-Pepa’s 1990 hit “Expression,” and nail it on the first take. As someone who’s loved Salt-N-Pepa for the majority of my life, this was a dream come true.

(Watch more segments from our chat with Pep at our Pepa Interview video page.)

Let’s Talk About Pep show page
Let’s Talk About Pep video

1. becca says:

Cutest video ever?

2. NineDaves.com says:

i’ve always said that if i had a make a wish, it would involve performing with salt n’ pepa live on stage. although we would clearly do a medley of “none of your business,” “shoop,” and “whatta man” (with en vogue, clearly). anyway, damn you for getting one step closer to that, rich, but bravo on making it happen! and great song choice…

3. China1 says:

For your sake I hope that this show is successful because looking at you and your girls time is not on your side. Get rid of the 80′s gear and the long blond wigs, it is not your color, it’s makes you look suspect you ever heard sometimes less is more please beleive it.
    As for your girls tell Kittie to stop being a hoe, tell Jason Pitts ex to drink some protein or some ensure, men like a little meat, and the other chick to find herself another hairstylist

4. nell bonner says:

I like the show but I hate Pep’s wig. It’s cheap and cheesy looking. Go with your hair.

5. loser says:

aaaaaaaahhhh. China1 is miserable, she jus came on here a vent badly about everyone that she has seen all week. Somebody is on a suicide watch. Low self esteem is a #!@$*`@$$^(~`(_#&

6. Kris says:

I know I cannot be the only one who doesn’t like this show!?!? I hate it!!

7. joann says:

This is, by far, my favorite show on tv. I’m around Pep’s age and I do relate to the show. I love the fashion, and the girls are all very beautiful and fun to watch. I’ve been a Pep fan from back in the day. It’s amazing to see her enter beauty. Kudos to a positive show!!!!

8. 885004 says: