Jeff Conaway Injured In Fall

celebrity_rehab_7_10

Celebrity Rehab 1 & 2 star Jeff Conaway recently fell down a stairway in his Los Angeles home. Early reports that he suffered from a resulting brain hemorrhage and broken neck have been recanted, but it has been confirmed that the fall broke his hip. His girlfriend and Rehab staple Vikki Lizzi suggested that things were looking bleak: “Jeff thinks these are his final days. The story is very complicated, which is why I have to tell it.” VH1′s resident voice of reason, Dr. Drew, however, painted a less fatalistic portrait of Jeff’s condition on his Twitter. “Jeff Conaway’s family has asked me to thank people for the prayers and well wishes. Jeff is awake and stable awaiting surgery on his hip,” reads Drew’s tweet. [E! Online]

Celebrity Rehab 3 - Meet the Cast
Celebrity Rehab 3 show page
Celebrity Rehab 3 videos and extras

1. Janet says:

I was a faithful viewer of Celebrity Rehab (watched every episode of #1 and #2). I’m afraid VH1 lost me this time when they showed graphic scenes of the guy vomiting and THEN showed the vomit and the afermath that had to be cleaned up by the staff.

I cannot watch a show that is so gross in content. I think the point could have been made without those horrid scenes. It made me sick.

2. dave says:

this show is of sound the best learning anyone could get its real it goes on everyday and this may help someone get help who knows dr.drew knows what he talks about i have known him since he was on love-line and is very smart if its to sick for you then cover your eyes or dont watch.

3. Steve Melton says:

I was sadden to hear of Jeff’s injuries and glad that they were not as severe as first reported. I only hope this was not an effort to get stronger pain killers or even a suicide attempt. Peace be with, Jeff.

4. Deirdre says:

Im tending to agree with Steve about Jeff.
    My first thought was either Jeff did this to himself so he could get more painkillers.

My other thoughts were that Vicki “helped in down the stairs ” in an attempt to get the painkillers ..I dont know, its just a crazy thought , but hey, look who we are talking about.

But whatever happened, Jeff is probably quite happy , waiting for surgery so he could get his painkillers.

Whatever the case, I do wish Jeff no harm and to wish him a speedy recovery.

5. JoAnne says:

in response to Janet and being grossed out by the vomit…That is the reality getting over drug addiction in not easy and I’m glad they don’t sugar coat the seriousness of it.

6. HeyDude says:

and the Andy Dick blog entry in…4…3…2…

Looks like Andy is drinking again.

How many times it gonna take that yayhoo to figure it out.

7. lisa says:

It is refreshing to watch reality tv that is the real deal!

My thoughts and prayers are with each of these courageous people. I know exactly what they are experiencing as I am a recovering alcoholic/drug addict. Sobriety can be achieved and life does get better!

Thank you Dr. Drewm for all you have done and will do to help us addicts!

8. chris says:

dr drew!!!!!!!what are you doing drawing blood with no gloves on.i have been a nurse for 26 years working with patient’s like yours.why on god’s green earth would you not wear gloves?

9. chris says:

It always is like somehow my heart is being twisted and wrenched when I hear about a fellow addict struggling. Jeff Conaway has always been a favorite of mine. I grew up watching “taxi” and loved his character. I can’t explain it, but there is a bond with adiicts – recovering, struggling, etc… we understand each other, the pain that sometimes feels unbearable. The dark cloud overhead that won’t go away, crying out to God to save you,broken promises, self loathing, the list goes on, I wanted to die when I didn’t know how to stop drinking. I prayed for death. I hated myself, lost all friends, very alone, so very alone. I was in life-threatening accidents where I should have been dead!!! and lived to tell about them experiences. There is hope. I had to want to stop the pain(the problem). bad enough to let the solution in. Don’t give up Jeff! Believe there is hope! you are worth it!

10. Baltimore Mike says:

I hope Dr. Drew, as a professional and a friend, sought out Jeff, to help him through this crisis.

11. Balitmore Mike says:

I sure hope Dr. Drew, as a professional and a friend, sought out Jeff to help him through this crisis. Jeff deserves this next treatment off camera.

12. kelly says:

People come from all around the world to get here in Newport Beach Ca. and start their new life, our community has a max of 215 people – some work and some go to school others are just building a network of friends, to secure their foundation, to stay clean and sober – One Day at a Time – beach meetings and shopping sprees at Fashion Island are mandatory.

13. maggie b says:

Please please please someone needs to tell Shelly to brush her hair…….I have never seen anyone who lets their hair look like that even the paitents have better hair ….someone get this lady a hair brush she looks awful!!!!!!!!!

14. cindy says:

i m about ready to ban this show from my favorites how many times does kerry ann gets to get people fired special treatment an now jenn swears at a patient you now what dr drew back up your staff these are hard core drug addicts an u stood there while she called jenn a fat b an you said nothing how is that helping anyone

15. lori says:

my prayers are with you.i have a bad back and neck and i know what you are going through.best wishes mr conaway.please dont let this setback get you down .i seen all u went through on vh1 rehab .you can do it. dont give up.

16. Iomoio says:

Pretty impressive post. I just stumbled upon your site and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I’ll be coming back and I hope you post again soon.