For The Love Of Ray J Recap – Episode 12 – Grown Up For Real

Who won For The Love Of Ray J last night? Here’s a hint: there’ll be a lot less of this from now on:

jumpingj

That’s right. Fun went up against mature, and fun lost. More on the For The Love Of Ray J finale, plus bonus clips and screen shots from the last episode below.

fortheloveofrayj113-vh100102
Poor Platinum. She had so many qualities Ray J wanted in a woman, qualities that he thoughtfully enumerated out loud during their final date in Las Vegas. In short, she was:

• so original
  • real
  • sexy
  • super hot
  • but in a mental way too

But there were other things he liked about her as well. She was laid back. She was fun. And, when they were out to dinner on their last night together, she gently made fun of him for not wanting to eat foie gras, which made him appreciate her even more. “She’s starting to see my hang ups and she likes every part of me,” Ray J said.

earexam

Platinum even survived the show’s toughest challenge: the dreaded ear exam. But she also let her insecurities show a little bit, telling Ray J that she didn’t trust him as much as she could. To be clear, Mz Berry had her own jealous/untrusting streak, but she put it on Ray J to meet that challenge. “I just expect you to control yourself,” she told him during their final date.

fortheloveofrayj113-vh100067
This was Ray J considering his future with Mz Berry. But Mz Berry was as upfront with her emotions as she was with her expectations.

fortheloveofrayj113-vh100009

fortheloveofrayj113-vh1000121

emotion

In fact, she made her feelings pretty clear the entire episode.

fortheloveofrayj113-vh100029

Platinum’s signals were a little less clear, except for this one. This dress was solely designed to make Mz Berry nervous about Ray J’s date with Platinum.

fortheloveofrayj113-vh100032
And it worked. Platinum also antagonized Mz Berry by saying she felt hot flashes when she got sick. She asked Mz Berry if that was what menopause felt like.

fortheloveofrayj113-vh100103

fortheloveofrayj113-vh100106

But Ray J chose Mz Berry over Platinum despite Mz Berry’s tendency to get jealous of other women. As he said at the end of the episode, laid-back Platinum reminded him of his past relationships. He wanted to move forward. And this season’s winner, Mz Berry, made him think about his future: “Platinum connects with the man I am now, and Mz Berry connects with the man I wanna be.”

In the bonus clip above, Platinum predicts that Ray J and Mz Berry won’t make it, but also shows that she had no hard feelings toward him.

– Jessica Suarez

View Photo Gallery

For the Love of Ray J 2 show page
For the Love of Ray J 2 videos and extras
RAYJ.com
Ray J – Exclusive Video Interview

1. adrian white says:

Hey, my name is adrian, and i watch3d the show from beginning 2 the end, and OUT of all honesty MZ.B3RRY,was the best, i don’t care about wat ppl sey about her age, it’s her as person and she’s wonderful,caring,classic,and i can’t forgeT,amazingly BEAUTIFUL. Mz.B3RRY, i’ve been on your side cause i can really c wat you are made of, and thats 110% woman. I love u and i feel as if we connected AS FRIEND AS I,watched your love grow 4 RAY,and i just want u to kno that u have some1, so farway in a lil town called millen,that could see your love from so far away,4 Ray,so it’s unthnkable 4 him not to even feel it. Yall r beautiful together,and yall have waited to long 4 each other, sooooooooooooooooo Ray, pls let her b da 1, 2 ti3 u d0wn.

2. Supermodel4u305 says:

Platinum is ugly inside and out. Glad she lost

3. Janicepatty says:

does anyone know where Platinum’s dress is from?

4. jenny says:

rong choice ray u need a clear life not someone dat already has children n been married u need hav children of ur own even thogh u hav on u need clear lif

5. Elisha Byrd says:

I think that Ray J made the right choice by choosing MZ.BERRY over Platinum because she have more experience and more to offer than her. Plus, I don’t think Platinum and Ray J look good together as a couple and might I added a picture!!!!

6. Hottyfromsanfran says:

im so mad he picked her she is sooo old…

7. karisa says:

i really hat ethe fact that ray picked mz berry…yes i want hem to be happy but i dont think its going to be with mz berry

8. Angela says:

I nloved the winner!!! Mrs Berry looks like this beautifull actress…. Halle Berry :) I guess thats why she got the nick name Mrs. Berry :) she is a mature female and therefore she tells Ray how it is :) I am hispanic myself however I feel that if Ray puts attention to Mrs. Berry and keeps his cool they could go a long way together. There could be fighting between them however Ray should consider always that she a Woman, a Mom, his primary female and who can set his straight… There is a saying in spanish,,, whom ever sits under an old tree is looking for wisdom and a comfortable protection of himself. Mrs Berry and Ray are made for each other :) one with the bling and one with the wisdom :) I am soooooo happy for Ray and Mrs Berry beautifull, sexy, hot, complemented and witha lot of future to build ahead :) keep it up you guys…… Yesssssssss….. All the others were girls, young, gold diggers, immature, big mouths, unfaitfull, and traitors…. plain out fake’s…. not the case on Mrs. Berry she was real all the way. yyyyyyyeeeaaaaayyyyyy!!!!!

9. big jap says:

10. big jap says:

I think he of choose platinum cause she was the best choice,she is hot,sexy and real,miz berry is ugly and a big cry baby and have grown kids guess she been sexing a very long time,and i bet she dont want to have kids with him

11. ree evans says:

i love mz. berry and ray j together from beginning to end. brandy picked her and she just have better morals and classy. platinum is trashy loking , no matter how much she dress up.. she picked at mz. berry about her age. and she never looked at her fat face in the mirror. mz. berry looks 110% better.. and perfect for ray.. i really love you ray j. very proud of you. age is just a number. it can work out.

12. insomniacgirl says:

Ray chose the right person by picking Ms. Berry. Anyone can see she is not only beautiful, but has a warm heart and “good energy” as his sister Brandy also mentioned to him. Platinum, Luscious and the other wolf pack members are dogs (wolf!wolf!) and ugly inside. Just the way Platinum acted towards Ms. Berry shows her lack of class. All she kept bringing up was that Ms. Berry was old. Maybe in her mind, but you can’t tell, because her face & body was rocking much more than those so-called young girls.Go Ms.Berry!!

13. insomniacgirl says:

Glad Ray picked Ms. Berry, she is beautiful and anyone can see she has a warm, loving heart, unlike those dog ugly wolf packers. Even Ray’s sister Brandy said she felt Ms. Berry had “good energy”. Platinum showed what a nasty, ugly person she really is inside by constantly bullying the other girls and trying to make Ms. Berry feel bad for being older. Regardless, her face & body still looked better than those so-called young girls. Go Ms. Berry!!You rocked it girl, and got your man!! You showed those hookers what was really up!!

14. hafpint says:

For the many comments that are being said concerning Mz Berry’s age, let me just make it clear to you, 32 is not old. In case you haven’t realized Ray J is 29 soon to be 30(3 years younger than Mz Berry) As a man approaching his 30′s I think he need a woman that can relate to the mature side of him. It’s time to slow down on the partyin and leave the woman that like that type of life alone. I think Mz. Berry is a great pick for him. So what she has 2 kids but like she said in one of her interviews she is not looking for a father for her kids because they already have one. She is looking for a good role model and a man for herself because she also deserves to be happy. I think that people are so quick to look at the negative part of a situation that it makes it hard for them to see the positive. Point blank, it’s time for Ray J to grow up and I think Mz Berry will be the one to help him with that.

15. HaTaHuRtA says:

SO WHAT if she is 32?? if thats all ppl got to say bout her is she 32, she must be doin somethang right! well i mean she did get Ray! GET OVER IT ALREADY!!! Im happy for them! i hope the best for them!

NO MORE SHOWS RAY J!! YOU GOT A GOOD WOMAN!! CHERISH YOUR RELATIONSHIP && f#&@ THE HATAZ!! Life is too short to be alone & unhappy!!!!

16. ladielabelle says:

I was so happy to see these two end up together.I have been pulling along wth quite a few others for them.She is a young woman,that just didn’t want to get caught up in a lot of drama,like a lot of the girls.When I was 12,I thought my aunt was old because she was in her 20′s (lol) but when I reached my 20′s it seemed like our ages were not that far apart anymore.I was 21 and she was 27.(lol)Mz.Berry was never too old for Rayj,but Platinum was always too young for him..If a serious adult issue was to have arisen,I don’t believe she would have been able to handle it and She would always have that wolfpack relationship involved in their lives.Blessings to Rayj & Mz.Berry.

17. all about me says:

I think ray j and ms berry make a cute couple i really pray that ray j is for real this time because i think ms berry is real for what she feel for him and i pray everthing work out for the best for them.

18. mrs ddn says:

I think ray j and mz. berry make a cute couple i really pray that ray j is for real this time because i think ms berry is real for what she feel for him and i pray everthing work out for the best for them.

19. ms.all about me says:

I am so happy for them,pray that everything work out for the best for ray & mz berry, i think she can turn him into the man he want to be,any way it time for ray j to grow up don’t you think.

20. all (.)(.)on me says:

I am so happy he pick mz.berry she is the best one for ray and i pray everything work out for the best for them.ray need someone in his life that is going to help him become a better man,and i think mz.berry is the one that can help get to the point in his life if he is forreal about.it’s about time ray grow up don’t you think.

21. Vet says:

Isnt Ray close to 30 and Ms. Berry like 31 i mean come on people ypu guys act like Ray is 20

22. Vet says:

Isnt Ray close to 30 and Ms. Berry is like 31 i mean come on people you guys act like Ray is 20 he is not they are about the same age

23. mamacita says:

well i think ray made da right choice cause mz berry is fine as hell nd she really love him nd platium is just ugly so im glad she lost hahahahaha.

24. Alana says:

I am so elated MS BERRY won!!!!! She has everything Rayj needs and want!To all the haters out there yall just madddd cause yall could NEVER look bad as her! To be 33 and have 2 children she looks HOT. Ms BERRY just keep being you and dont change ppl going to say whatever they want but hey thats life!! you have so many of us cheering for u so it would matter what envy ppl have to say!!!!! yayyyyyyyyyyyy Ms Berry!! :)

25. ericka the sh$# disturber says:

BEAUTIFUL!!!

26. asia says:

i am happy for Ray J

27. Sondra says:

Congratulations Mz. Berry!!! I am so happy for you I was routing for you since the first day. You had such a great oral about you he stated that he wants to change his ways and I knew that you were just the medicine he needed I think that your children would be an asset to his change and not a hindrance I think nothing matures a man more than having the responsibility of being a role model for a younger family member Ray J has a close family and I think that he and your son will have a great relationship! Again Congratulations and God Bless!!!!

28. china-doll says:

i am happy to see ray j picked mz berry,she was the only “woman” on the show that carried her self with class,but i wonder if it will work with her having children and living on the east coast,because he eventually wants a family and hers is already ready-made,not including she has an ex-husband,but good-luck to them both-she is an humble,caring woman so good pick!

29. Lilcowgirl says:

i think it’s awesome that he choose mz berry, i hope that it all works out and they are happy together. every body deserves happiness, i really hope they both found it in each other. people get over it, so what she is older by just a few years and so what if she has kids. let them be happy and i also hope that they have strong love for each other. i would like to pass something on to you ray j, always be patient with each other, be kind, always love each other, always turn to each and never go to bed mad. best of hopes and wishes, sincerely lilcowgirl

30. Krystina says:

Congratulations Mz.Berry ! ! !

I knew you would of one since the very beginning.
    Since you stepped foot on the show, Ray had his I eye on you since then. You are a special women than the other girls. You just want the best for Ray. I think you would last with him. You are classy, intelligent, sweet and honest. But, Mz.Berry you are right for telling Ray if he wants to have a relationship with you, he has to be dedicated to it and not to other girls that he might be around. I think you guys would have the best relationship. I think Ray and your son would get along just fine. I think this is perfect that Ray found you, because other girls sometimes there for the money! but i don’t think you are like that. I could tell that you are deeply in love with Ray and you were looking for a man that would love you and your son. And i think you found him. WIsh you guys the best wishes! ! :-)

Ray I hope Mz.Berry is the right woman for you and full fills your dreams. I think you have chosen the right one. Hope you guys make the relationship last for you guys and your son. :-)

Once again congratulations Mz.Berry ! !
    Take care of Ray And your son. :-)

Krystina A.K.A Kimberly From the Bronx

31. Krystina says:

messed up on the comment… right one now ! !

Congratulations Mz.Berry ! ! !

I knew you would of one since the very beginning.

Once again congratulations Mz.Berry ! !
    Take care of Ray And your son. :-)

Krystina A.K.A Kimberly From the Bronx

32. Krystina says:

messed up on the comment.. this is the new comment

Congratulations Mz.Berry ! ! !

I knew you would of one since the very beginning.
    Since you stepped foot on the show, Ray had his I eye on you since then. You are a special women than the other girls. You just want the best for Ray. I think you would last with him. You are classy, intelligent, sweet and honest. But, Mz.Berry you are right for telling Ray if he wants to have a relationship with you, he has to be dedicated to it and not to other girls that he might be around. I think you guys would have the best relationship. I think Ray and your son would get along just fine. I think this it is perfect that Ray found you, because other girls sometimes there for the money! but i don’t think you aren’t like that. I could tell that you are deeply in love with Ray and you were looking for a man that would love you and your son. And i think you found him. Wish you guys the best wishes! ! :-)

Once again congratulations Mz.Berry ! !
    Take care of Ray And your son. :-)

Krystina A.K.A Kimberly From the Bronx

33. maria says:

I saw the renunion of season2 last night. I knew it was all fake. Come on now, Mz Berry didn’t see Ray for 5 months after the show! Whats that! All these girls got paid big bucks to do the show. Also, all the time Ray was doing season2 he already had a girlfriend! These kind of men will never really commit to anyone. It’s all about the money.

34. Lisa says:

I just do not believe Ray is keeping it 100.

35. satoya leith says:

Hey my name is satoya from trinidad and Im so glad that ray picked miss hotty hotty berry,i dont like platnum or what everver her name is.