Megan Hauserman Speaks Out On Ryan Jenkins

mwm_1_d201_1

In the Feb. 22 issue of People (on newsstands now), Megan Hauserman fills in some details of the Ryan Jenkins tragedy, and her contact with the Megan Wants a Millionaire contestant between the filming of the show and the murder/suicide. Among the things touched on: her deep infatuation with him (“I was smitten, which isn’t like me because I never like anybody”), her shock at finding out about his engagement to Jasmine Fiore and his resulting despair. It’s a sobering read, especially during its conclusion when Megan talks about making sense of the tragedy and ensuing fallout:

Most of the time, I just cried, feeling terrible for Jasmine and her family, thinking how the two of us could have been interchangeable. When VH1 called to say my show had been canceled, I understood why. Because of all this, people have a negative association with me. Now I’m rethinking my whole life, trying to figure out where to go from here.

[People]

Update: You can read the entire article on Megan’s blog.

1. Brad says:

I understand that a lot of people think badly of Megan because of how she portrays herself on television, but nobody deserves to go through that. The whole situation is unfortunate. Glad to see she’s trying to keep her head high.

2. CS3 Fan says:

The above quote is suprisingly insightful. This indicates that Megan’s persona from RoL, Charm School and I Love Money 2 was more for television and not how she actually is in real life, which is a good thing. I’m glad to know she is not really that shallow.

And I definitely feel for her. Jasmine Fiore’s murder was so gruesome and despicable. Being `&~()&_+(`*$@%! ociated in any way with her untimely death would certianly be very difficult.

3. Jo says:

Surprisingly deep and insightful for Megan. Color me shocked.

4. Rach says:

The cleverness that Megan displayed on previous 51Minds shows made it clear that she’s a bright girl, so the insightfulness is unsurprising. However, I don’t believe it to be genuine.

I’m sure it did frighten and shock her that it very well could have been her, but I seriously doubt that upon the cancelation of MWaM that her only concern was that of the victim’s family. Even if the reason that her earlier statements were vague was because of producers’ instruction, none of them portrayed any of the sympathy that she strives for in this interview.

People thought poorly of Megan before this tragedy, and she’s kidding herself if she thinks that public opinion of her is based solely on a negative !#_!!&(&~(+#%&$ ociation between her and Jenkins.

5. meg says:

I don’t believe this at all.
    anyone can say the same stuff she did
    she’s not stupid, that’s true
    but she definitely is selfish
    and mostly only thinks about herself

6. pancho says:

Why are all you guys hating on her ? F u guys, just because she desplays her self on tv , doesn’t mean she doesn’t have feelings, daaaaaaaaa. Its tv .
    Good luck magen , you should make another show. Or sue vhi for not doing backgroung checks on their employees.