Fantasia For Real Recap – Episode 7 – Faces of Tasia

The confusion and frustration that arises in this episode can mean only one thing…

fanny_7_top

…more GED woes! (But when it comes to drama, that isn’t even the half of Fantasia’s worries.)

We start with a tentative face:

fanny_7_1

It is announced that Teeny is making good on his promise and, indeed, looking for his own place. As Tasia talks about this, you can see the happiness shining through, but it’s not beaming out because you know how she is about her family (in a word: attached). Plus, you know how Teeny is about, oh, everything (in a word: unreliable).

But he does seem committed in this case! He looks at a house and proclaims, “Aw man, I could do something real sexy and seductive in this living room.” This is what he means:

fanny_7_3

Are you feeling seduced yet? Teeny is! He loves the place so much that its landlord seems weirded out. Teeny needs $2,000 to move in, so he devises a plan to raise it:

fanny_7_16
The best thing about the Bosscarade is, obviously, its name. The second best thing about it is…

fanny_7_17

…that’s right: VIP meatballs. Make a note that all you need to do to make anything classy is put the letters “VIP” in front of it. The third best thing about it is its attendees:

fanny_7_20

fanny_7_21

fanny_7_22

We don’t see many of them (because there aren’t that many, period), but the ones we do see are all gems in their own ways. The Bosscarade is densely populated with amazing. Anyway, from the abrupt way that this subject ends and the fact that there’s mention of it in this episode’s scenes-from-next-week package, we can be sure that this is not the last we’re seeing of the Bosscarade. Just another little something to live for!

But this episode isn’t all fun and snap judgments. It’s fraught with a series of blows. First comes from the fact that Tasia’s new teacher informs her (after a follow-up placement test) that she’s working at a 7th grade level.

fanny_7_10

But that’s resolve I see in her face. Mark her words, she will get that GED, doggone it!

Another setback: Fantasia’s younger brother, Xavier, whom we’ve heard nothing about until this point probably because he was too busy being punished, just got suspended from school again.

fanny_7_11

This is the third time this year. He tells Tasia that it was for spraying cologne in the hallway. Fantasia’s face suggests…

fanny_7_13

…that she will not have the wool pulled over her eyes or the fragrance sprayed in them. She suggests sending Xavier to military school for discipline, but Tasia’s mother Diane says that she’ll have to speak to her estranged father before any decisions can be made about Xavier’s future. Cue Tasia’s face of ear-lobe testing tension:

fanny_7_15

She’s not having an easy time with the prospect of speaking with her father.

fanny_7_18

Here’s a single screen shot of an explanation:

fanny_7_19

Anyway, Fantasia’s art seems emotionally reflective over this pre-reunion turmoil:

fanny_7_23

fanny_7_24

fantasia_7_gif1

When Tasia does finally talk to him, her father proves that he’s set the bar for infuration in this family. If you thought Teeny was frustrating, you haven’t seen anything!

fanny_7_25

fanny_7_26

fanny_7_27

(Those are all his words.)

(Also: shout out to Diva and her eventual hair bows.)

fanny_7_36

Anyway, Tasia stands her ground, which is good because sometimes I wish that she would do so more. When he says that he didn’t do anything to her, she screams, “You sued me!”

fanny_7_28

That’s her defendant face. If there’s any humor to be derived from watching this family-dividing confrontation play out, it’s that she and her father both refer to American Idol as “The Idol.” I’m not sure if that’s just a reflection of their reverence to it for making Fantasia’s career or if they just never paid attention during the title sequence or whenever Seacrest talked, but I kind of love it. I almost love this:

fanny_7_29

fanny_7_30

I feel like this guy is too much of a handful for me, and I’m merely watching him. Props to Fantasia for not pulling her hair out. In the end, she says that God gave her a dad who’s confrontational and selfish, but she loves him anyway. She ends the conversation with, “Goodbye Daddy, I love you.”

fanny_7_31

That is the face of maturity.

And this is the face of stir-craziness:

fanny_7_32

Tasia reports that she needs to get out of the house, so she eats with her friend and Teeny’s girlfriend Santezja. Why am I only now realizing that “Fantasia” and “Santezja” rhyme? That right there is harmony. Of course they’re friends. How could they not be with impossibly rhyming names?

Anyway, this outing proves to be the stress relief that Tasia needs…

fanny_7_33

…but joy quickly gives way to solemnness when Tasia watches Santezja speak at the shelter she grew up in.

fanny_7_34

Tezja tells the young kids that they can make it, regardless of where they’re coming from.

fanny_7_35

It also brings back the fact that Santezja is estranged from her family. She points out that Fantasia complains about her family, while Santezja doesn’t even have a family to complain about. There may be a little grass-is-always-greener sentiment that goes into this, but it’s an interesting perspective to view Fantasia’s familial drama from. To Fantasia’s credit, it’s not like she’s shut out anyone who hasn’t sued her, but at the same time it is a nice reminder to be thankful for what you have. Thank you for your experience and rhyming name, Santezja. You have been most helpful.

After Tezja gives her presentation, Fantasia tells her how moving it was in the parking lot. “I don’t need you to cry,” says Tezja. “You can’t help that. You can’t stop that,” answers Tasia.

fanny_7_38

Ineed, Tezja. Take it from one who wears her heart on her sleeve, even when sleeveless.

Fantasia for Real show page
Fantasia for Real videos and extras
Fantasia – Exclusive video interview
Connect with Fantasia for Real fans!

1. blaknmild says:

I love fantasia so much her story is a reflection of minekeep up the good work tasia.

2. Wowwowwow says:

Wow Fantasia,

You are the epitome of strength, because dealing with a father that felt the need to sue his child, instead of dealing with whatever issues he had with you personally is beyond incredible. For someone who tests at a 7th grade level, you are far wiser than your tests scores young lady. You are also captivating when you sing; you draw us all in and we feel your every word. Can’t wait for the new album, will buy on day 1. Stay strong and focussed. It will pay off in the end. Question: why are you raising your younger brother? Sorry, couldn’t help it.

3. BRENDA says:

NO ONE HAS YET TO TALK ABOUT THE ONE MAJOR PROBLEM: FANTASIA;S MOTHER. THE MOTHER HAS DEFERRED ALL OF HER CHILDREN TO FANTASIA. FANTASIA IS FINCANLLLAY REPSONSIBLE FOR EVERY ONE OF HER MOTHE;RS CHIDKLREN EVEN DOWN TO TE LITTLE OY .wHAT IN HELL IS HER MOTHER DOING BESIDES CALLING FAMILY MEETINGS? (IN WHICH SHE STILL EXPECTS TASIA TO SOLVE EVERYTHING). WHY IN HELL ( (AND BY TASIA’S OWN ADMISSION )HAS EVERY LAST ONE OF HER SIBLINGS DROP OUT OF SCHOOL? WHICH LEADS TO THE QUESTION, WHAT IS HER MOTHER DOING? HER MOTHER IS THE REASON WHY TEENY IS THE WAY THAT HE IS. SHE RAISED HIM. HE DIDN;T TURN INTO A LAZY ~)#&@`$)!_@$~!! OVER NIGHR. WHY DOES TASIA HAVE TO RUN DOWN TO THE SCHOOL HOUSE TO HANDLE HER YOUNGER BROTHER? THE MOTHER NEEDS TO GET OFF HER ~)#&@`$)!_@$~!! AUNT BUNNY TAKES MORE OF AN AUTHORITATIVE ROLE THAN SHE DOES. PITIFUL.

4. whatdah says:

I can’t believe some people are actually questioning the education of Fantasia’s family and appears themselves to be either typing with mittens on or just not able to spell… which is it?

Anyway, I do agree that way too much is put on Fantasia who needs to focus on her own education right now, not her younger brother’s; her mother should do HER job and raise her son. Or, let that angry, good-for-nothing father of their’s handle the kid. It’s obvious a strong male model is what the kid is missing and apparently there are none anywhere close by. It is, however, as “Brenda” said pitiful.

5. Shannon says:

I totally agree with the comments too much being placed on Tasia. What were these blood sucking relatives doing before she had money? Her mother should be ashame of herself – appears she doesn’t know the first thing about raising her children. By the way, Brenda, please proof read your comments before submitting them…..you get an ‘F’ for FAR too many errors.

6. Brandi Odoms says:

FANTASIA IS SUCH A BIG INSPIRATION TO ME BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN THROUGH A LOT AND WAT SHE IS GOIN THROUGH WITH HER FAMILY REMIND ME OF MYSELF. I REMEMBER WHEN MY FAMILY WOULD NOT HELP ME NO MATTER WAT BUT AS SOON AS I CAME ACROSS SOME MONEY THAY WANNA BE MY FRIEND, CALL ME EVERYDAY, ASK FOR THIS AND THAT AND I WOULD DO IT BUT LATER ON I HAD TO SHOW TOUGH LOVE IT HURT BUT I HAD TO PUT MY FEET DOWN BECAUSE THEY WAS TAKING MY KINDNESS FOR MY WEEKNESS AND I’M ONLY 29 SO FANTASIA REMIND ME A LOT OF MYSELF WITH MY FAMILY. MOTHERS WILL BE THE BIGGEST ROOT THAT YOU HAVE TO DIG UP. FANTASIA BE GROWN ABOUT IT AND LIVE FOR YOU AND YOUR DAUGHTER THAT’S ALL THAT MATTERS WHAT YOU DID TO GET WHERE YOU AT YOU DO TO STAY DON’T LET YOUR FAMILY BE YOUR DOWN FALL.

LOVE YOU FANTASIA

7. jmarie says:

I get so mad watching this show. Fantasia’s mother is just as lazy as the rest of them. She needs to do what keisha cole did and get rid of all those freeloaders. What the f##k is her mother doing she cant raise her own damn kids. Why does the father get to have an opinion he’s not even around. and sometimes teeny be seeming a little gay to me.

8. tonya says:

fantasia is really trying hard to suceed and i am proud of her. she has a nice mom but her children is her responsibility not tashia. she acts like tasia sister she needs a strong mother. money does not give you the strength to raise children.

9. demar says:

When is that song (Ex you) comin out that song is a hit i gaurente u that.

10. Shay Shay says:

how ugly butt face teeney aka joe a girl and he is not sexy

11. rashard says:

fantasia is the best

12. cecilia says:

hi tasia my name is cecilia i have a problen like yours but i am not famous and my daddy didnt do dat to me but words of wisdom keep ya head up and keep doing you god will open up that door to forgivness dont forget that and i love you i would never stop and im writing to let you know i am taking my ged to so you keep me in your prayers i would do da same.SINCERLY,MRS.CECILIA MAY

13. SHANEIKWA says:

FANTASiA….U INSPiRE ME SOOOO MUCH…i’VE BEEN WRiTiN 2 TYRA,MAURY,N ELLEN ABT U….i REALLY WANNA MEET U…U HAVE iNSPiRED ME 2 GET MY G.E.D. I JUST RECiEVED iT. i PASSED WiTH HiGH SCORES. iT WUD REALLY MEAN ALOT 2 ME iF U WROTE ME OR E-MAILED ME PERSONALLY. MY DREAM HAS ALWAYS BEEN 2 DO A PHOTO SHOOT WiTH YOU. U ARE MY HERO. I HAVE A SiMILAR STORY 2 URS. U GOT THROUGH THE STRUGGLE N HELPED ME PULL THROUGH 2. THANK YOU FOR iNSPIRiNG ME N SHOWiNG ME EVERYONE MEANS SOME THiNG 2 SOMEONE. neikwa_luvs_u_09@yahoo.com

14. alicia montgomery says:

I am so sad that the show has ended and even more sad that i missed the last episode I have stayed several nights trying to catch a rerun but to no avail I am a huge Fantasia fan and support her in every decision she will make and all her music releasings stay strong and blessed in the Lord

15. Ciaraslove says:

i think shes doing a good job with her talent………go girl! lol

hit me up guys @ http://ciaraslove.blogspot.com live chat, gossip, videos, pic and more

16. Aguy says:

haha, it said she was thinking about sending her brother to a military school for discipline, VH1 actually went to my Military school and interviewed me talking to her brother and her. haha, I guess they never put it on air?