Let’s Talk About Pep Recap – Finale – Waiting For Pep

letstalkaboutpep108-vh100103
This is the season’s last episode of Let’s Talk About Pep. So the question is, are we toasting celibacy? Or are we toasting sex?

VH1 seemed to set up Let’s Talk About Pep as a reality show version of Sex And The City. Thankfully none of the ladies fell into their roles too cleanly, and none of them got a particularly neat Sex and The City-esque wrap-up to their storyline.

letstalkaboutpep108-vh100001
If you’re going in reverse order of interesting-ness, Joumana’s date has to be first. After a season — or, likely, a lifetime — of choosing bad boys, Joumana made a list of what she wanted from a man. It included things like “no gut” and “good looking.” The girls asked her what quality she would forgo, and Joumana said “intelligent conversation.” There’s no time for talking when you’re counting abs.

letstalkaboutpep108-vh100006
Pep listened to her list of traits, and pointed out that Joumana already knew the perfect guy, an off-again-on-again ex of Joumana’s named Joey. He lived across the country, but showed up that week as quickly as she called.

letstalkaboutpep108-vh100045
They spend most of their two days together talking about their past and making out/up for lost time. Then came the first of this finale’s big commitment moments: Joey said that if it meant they could start dating, he would move to New York right away. Joumana asked if they could just make out more and talk about it later. They do not talk about it later. Jacque couldn’t believe this, but Joumana had an explanation: “Clearly I have issues.” Would she be on a reality show if she didn’t?

letstalkaboutpep108-vh100079

letstalkaboutpep108-vh100080
Kittie went out again with Markuann, the “toe-sucker” she’s been on two other dates with this season. Just a spoiler (which should have been a hint to Kittie): this was a toe-sucking-free date. Markuann had more serious things to talk about.

letstalkaboutpep108-vh100025
First, he laid a million compliments on Kittie, calling her angel, “Cinderella,” and various other uncharacteristic pet names. And he was looking at Kittie in a way he usually only looks at toes.

letstalkaboutpep108-vh100026
Then Markuann surprised Kittie with a carriage ride through the park. An unusual choice, after she complained during their first date that he was a little old fashioned and boring. (This on top of the fact that Kittie never seemed like the roses-and-carriage-rides type.) Turnss out she was — she started crying in the carriage, telling Markuann that she’d always wanted to go for a carriage ride. “This is so fly. So fly!” she yelled. “Fly” is not how most girls describe a horse-drawn carriage ride, but Kittie isn’t most girls.

letstalkaboutpep108-vh100085

This went well until Markuann popped the question: “Is this something possible for us? Can we take this to the next level?” Why ruin the romance by talking about commitment?

letstalkaboutpep108-vh100090
Yes, this was the one question that could render Kittie speechless. Her story ended with her telling the girls that she would “consider” it.

After Pep’s date with personal trainer Sid last week, it seemed like Tom was knocked out of the running for most likely to take Pep’s second virginity (there’s no elegant way to say second celibacy, is there?). But Pep said she would want to stick with Tom, provided he could talk to her about commitment. Who knew such a talk would come next week?

letstalkaboutpep108-vh100014

First, before she saw Tom again, Pep asked her daughter Egypt what she would think about her leaving for a weekend date. It was not only OK with her, but Egypt pointed out that it’d been “a while” since her mom had a boyfriend. “Cute,” said Kittie, and thankfully their conversation ended there. I don’t know if a conversation about mom’s sex life can stay cute for long.

letstalkaboutpep108-vh100035

Tom took Pep on a mountain getaway, obviously with more than talking on his itinerary. Tom had been very conservative on his date with Pep, but he wanted to step it up here with some suggestive talk. “You see anything you like?” he asked Pep. I hope none of his patients were watching. I’d be really uncomfortable around my doctor if I knew he had said that to a woman. But I could go either way on a chef saying that.

letstalkaboutpep108-vh100038

Pep told Tom that honesty was the most important thing in a relationship, then she suddenly got this faraway look in her eyes as she remembered the date from last week. Or maybe when she remembered this:

letstalkaboutpep107-vh100057
Pep confessed to Tom that she went on a date with someone else. But it look longer than it could have because Pep employed her now-standard stalling technique.

pepparched

“When you go out with other people, it hurts,” he said. Pep looked like a girl caught stealing pencils.

letstalkaboutpep108-vh100060
But this didn’t stop Tom from saying what he wanted to say: let’s be boyfriend and girlfriend. Yay! Pep was the only one of her friends really ready for commitment of any sort. And she got it.

letstalkaboutpep108-vh100066
After, they returned to their room and make out in front of the fire. Then Pep led him up the stairs. And then, dot…

letstalkaboutpep108-vh100093
…dot…

letstalkaboutpep108-vh100095

…question mark….?

letstalkaboutpep108-vh100096
Cut to the next morning, where Tom was feeding Pep breakfast in bed.

letstalkaboutpep108-vh100101

…with a side of this suggestive exchange:

Pep: Chocolate is gonna get you in trouble.
Tom: You know what? Chocolate’s working just fine for me.

letstalkaboutpep108-vh100104
Pep wouldn’t reveal what happened, except, “Don’t cancel the 5-year anniversary party.” What!? So we end the season with no payoff, i.e. Pep getting laid. Who knew that Let’s Talk About Pep would be the Waiting For Godot of reality shows?

– Jessica Suarez

Let’s Talk About Pep show page
Let’s Talk About Pep video
Exclusive video interview with Pepa

1. Tracy says:

I love this show hope it stays around another season.

2. Angelene says:

I hope her and Tom work out well. :)

3. Angelique says:

I’m happy for Pep and Tom. That is so sweet. She played her cards right. I REALLY wish her wig designer would come up w/something more natural looking though, if she INSISTS on wearing wigs. This one is in the middle of her forehead. Why can’t she just be natural or go shorter or something. It bugs me. But who am I, no one.

4. teri coble says:

I LOVE this show. This show was the reason I went out and got cable, the truth be told. Episode 8 was by far the best episode for me. I was intrigued with the romance of Tom and Pep. You could feel the chemistry radiating off of the tv screen between the two of them. I wanted more and then I realized that it was the shows finale when vh1 flashed it on the screen. I could have screamed. You know, I think Pep is into the bad boys, but I think Tom could be a bad boy if he wanted to. Don’t let that shy exterior fool you. I can’t wait for more next season. Good luck ladies. Can’t wait til next season

5. Pam says:

ABSOLUTELYFREAKINGFABULOUS!!! I love this show. Ok Vh1, if you haven’t already greenlighted another season, you need to be doing so ASAP! If you are tapping as we speak….carry on.

I love Pep and Tom together. He is definitely what a lady needs. He is as close to perfect as you are going to get. He treats Pep like a queen and oh how I love it. Thats the way its done ladies and gentlemen. Loved seeing Pep’s daughter. That was an appropriate place to include her after Pep has gotten a few dates under her belt and could be seeing where she and Tom are going.

Can’t wait to see what happens with Kittie and Markuann. I don’t see it happening, but whatever happens it will be fun to watch. Joumana keeps me laughing. She is a mess with her self and last but not least…..

Please Vh1 don’t leave us hanging as to whether or not Ms. Jacque finds her a man to marry and/or have a baby with. We need to know these things.

“Let’s Talk About Pep 2″

6. Tracey says:

I so love this show!!! We need good shows like this to hang around. It was so wonderful to watch all the ladies have so much fun on the show.I hope Pep and Tom work out…they look great together! I want Jacque to get out and mingle more.Kitty is a mess and I love it…she keeps the spice going in the group.Joumana is funny…she just wanna have fun right now,and there is nothing wrong with that but I don’t want her to let a good man get away from her.Please keep this show on!!!

7. Tia says:

Love the show!!! Another season, please!!!

8. Lucy says:

I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never missed an epidsode!!!!!!!! BRING BACK PEP’S SHOW A.S.A.P!!

9. Chatone says:

I love Pep and I it all works out, but I really wish she would do away with that tired hair style. Her face is so beautiful, that hair looks to dang wigish.

10. Ms. Parker LOL says:

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS SHOW….AND WOULD LOVE TO SEE ANOTHER SEASON…SEX IN THE CITY MEETS AFRICAN AMERICAN WOMEN….I LOVE IT,I LOVE IT,I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

11. Desirae Hairston says:

LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!! MORE MORE

12. bizzle says:

BEST VH1 SHOW EVER!!! ANOTHER SEASON PLEASE!!!!

13. Gail says:

I totally enjoyed this show. I watched the previous with her and Salt. I wish Pep and Tom the best. I was really enjoying the tender romance shown between them. PLEASE BRING IT BACK. I love reality, and this show joined the select group of my special reality shows. GO PEP, AND LET’S TALK ABOUT PEP SOME MORE!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Haley says:

I have been looking in the t.v. guide for the next episode. I am disappointed from some of these comments to find out that last episode and it was a season finale. Didn’t the show just get started? Guess I will have to find something else to watch now.

15. Danielle says:

Yes—-love this show and it needs another season!

16. Erica says:

I hope VHI is bringing this show back – I love the girls – especially Jacque and Pep. At least give me a day of reruns or something, the season was way to short.

17. Sara says:

I recorded this show just so I wouldn’t miss anything. I look forward to another season………soon. Of all the other reality shows this was the best to me.

18. CARMEN says:

This is the best show ever!!! VH1 please please please give us another season!!!

19. DD says:

Please don’t bring this phony show back! Tom looks creepy, and I don’t see any chemistry between him and Pep!

20. Mrs.Stewart says:

One of the best shows I’ve seen yet. I hope we see more of lets talk about pep with a new season. like Tom, hope they have a good future together…. want to see more…..:) :) :)

21. Tilancrae says:

Thanks VH1 for getting me all into this show and then taking it off for a few weeks, then making it hard for me to find it again, I’ve now apparently missed all the last episodes. I kinda hate your guts right now, but I loved the show.

22. Candy says:

I loved the show. It left me and my girlfriends wondering what’s next. Will it be coming back on or is this it?

23. Loislane says:

O.K. so this is the first time I’ve watched the show..However, the character “Kittie” played herself, the guy she went out with Markuann Smith worked o works at B.E.T. and is an actor so how honest is this? So was this really a date or just a gig just to kill air time? Come on this show is sooo fake and corny.

24. mzbuddah says:

I love this show I really hope it doesn’t go any where, I want to see if pep get her some or not…LOL

25. LisaM says:

this show is one of the best I have seen in years. very good.

26. robertshorts says:

me and my girl like this show its like the black sex in the city.

27. pooka says:

KEEP THIS SHOW AROUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we finally get a good show to watch.

28. miyoshi says:

I hope this show stays around, its a very real show it lets you in on how real women talk behind closed doors :)

29. Asia says:

I really love this show. I love Tom & Pep, I think they were most interesting on the show. Tom is great, except seems like he needs to start working out because Pep’s body seems on point. But I love him! I love Pep also but hate the hair, something a little more natural please as in not so wigish, especially in the front! Please VH1 bring it BACK. Jacque could be a little more interesting. But she’s usually on point with her concerns with these guys. Kittie is just random, and not sure about Joemana, I think the last guy may be good for her but will scare her away by moving too fast.
    Bring back the show VH1!!!!!

30. Earl says:

I want more episodes!!! How come this season was sooo short!! I want an update on Tom and Pep!!!! Googled them and there is no coverage!! I WANT UPDATES!

31. Tabitha Manning says:

Hey so wat happen did pep get laid or wat?

32. jrenee says:

what happened with Tom and Pep I would like to know. It looked very interesting

33. nicky says:

I love this show when is it around for another season? When does it start?

34. Vivian says:

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this SHOW….it is about time we have a show for the Sista’s. I wish the very best for Sandy and her girlfriends with finding the Right MAN for them but until then WHY? not have fun and date as many men as they can….

35. ann says:

tom is soo sexy. i love tom, pep better hold on to him!
    tom makes me want to find a fine ~)&~_(!@*$___#~ asian guy my damn self. my grandmother was chinese and jamaican and i am jamaican but never been with an asain guy, i want one. i love u tom, i love pep too this show was so interesting.

36. antoinette says:

Live life and have fun you only have one

37. penny says:

Hey when will the next showing, can’t wait A.S.A.P.

38. HARLEMSOWN says:

VH1 YALL NEED TO PICK LETS TALK ABOUT PEP FOR ANOTHER SEASON!!! THIS IS COMING FROM A MALE COLLEGE STUDENT. I LOVED THAT SHOW.

39. Thel says:

Will let’s talk about pep have a second season.

40. Angie says:

Will this show be coming back this season? i liked it allot!

41. Completely certain paid google web sites possess complete listings as regards personal particulars of persons as soon as utilize the telephone number, municipal court public records, with also criminal background particulars.

42. Seeing as the bing evolves these cellular phone lookup services have possession of become inexpensive at what time pay out, several services nowadays allow on behalf of discounts pro unlimited searches. With paying a nominal sacrifice intended for this type of service has allowed individuals with the purpose of have peace of mind around the world.

43. SeeChelle says:

Of all the shows that VH1 has renewed a season with, the GOOD doesn’t get picked back up. Bring back Lets Talk About Pep… It was the reality Sex and the City; just a lot more REAL. Cut Basketball Wives, Mob Wives, What Chilli Wants, Brandy and Ray J, etc….they’re far less worthy of additional seasons.