Harvey E. Walden IV’s Celebrity Fit Club Workout

cfc7_1_gif2

If you’re looking to get fit, curious about how Harvey interacts with the Celebrity Fit Club: Boot Camp cast when the cameras aren’t rolling or enjoy the use of the word “grasshoppers,” you’ll want to see below — Fit Club‘s own drill instructor Harvey has sent us the workout guidelines he sent to all the Fit Clubbers after the first boot camp, and again midway through the season. At last, here’s your chance to play along with Fit Club at home. I’ve got dibs on playing Bobby!

Part 1:

I know your bodies are a bit sore from the first Fit Camp, but it will get better and you just have to hang in there and stay in the fight. For the first few weeks or so the workout may look a bit strange to you, but trust me on this and rock and roll with it. There is always a method behind my madness and I don’t want you all to plateau, so the workouts I give you will prevent that if you follow it to the T.

I can also break down all of your heart rate zones if you want. If you are already familiar with this technique, just take 220 and minus your age. Now that number is your maximum heart rate. So when you’re doing your cardio sessions, you want to work out in the 65 percent to 75 percent zone of your maximum heart rate.

For example: If I were 20 years old my formula would look like this:
220-20= 200 (200 is my max heart rate)
65% of that is 130 BPM’s (beats per min)
75% of that is 150 BPM’s

So when I’m working out I want to have my BPM’s at least at 130 and no higher than 150. Ideally if you can work out first thing in the morning before you have had breakfast and on an empty stomach, you will really make some money and I will explain this next Fit Camp to you in detail.

So your cardio sessions need to happen five times a week for at least 40 mins in that zone I mentioned above. Now you can go to a gym and do it on a treadmill, stationary bike, elliptical, rower, etc and use the sensors on the machines to monitor your heart rate, or you can wear a HRM (Heart Rate Monitor) and it will tell you what your BPM’s are as well. Just remember to keep it in that zone for at least 40 mins five times a week. Also start your pushups as well after your cardio sessions. Three sets for one min. You can do full pushups or half if you can’t do a full one. Also do three sets of crunches on the stability ball for one min if you are at the gym and two sets of pull-ups. If you do for example 10 pull-ups your first set then shoot for 6 or 8 the second. Do your pushups, pull-ups and crunches three times a week but cardio five.

You can also break up your cardio sessions in 15 min segments. It’s actually 15 mins on treadmill, 15 mins on rowing and maybe 15 mins on the elliptical. You pick the three exercises that wet your whistles. Be sure to move from station to station to keeping the heart rate up.

Always remember to do that 5 min warm-up and stretch before your workout and do a 10 min cool down afterwards as well as stretch. Stay hydrated with water of course and if you want to implement anything else in addition to your cardio sessions, i.e. kickboxing, spinning, yoga, pilates, etc that’s good to go and money in the bank. Just remember that your cardio sessions need to have your heart rate up for that 40 mins so if you are doing kickboxing for 40 mins and your heart rate is in the zone, that’s money in the bank grasshoppers.

Part 2:

I know your bodies are a bit sore from the Fit Camp, but it will get better and you must hang in there to dig a little deeper. Now that you are past the halfway point, some days you will do cardio and resistance training. YOU CAN’T FALL ASLEEP OR SIT BACK NOW GRASSHOPPERS.

So your cardio sessions still need to happen five times a week for at least an hour. Also don’t forget your pushups as well. Three sets for one min. You can do full pushups or half if you can’t do a full one. Also do three sets of crunches on the stability ball (if you are at the gym) and three sets of pull-ups. If you do say 10 pull-ups your first set then shoot for 6 or 8 the second. Do your pushups, pull-ups and crunches three times a week but cardio five.

You can also break up your cardio sessions into increments on machines in the gym like the treadmill, elliptical, stairmaster, etc. You pick the three machines that wet your whistle. Be sure to move from station to station to keeping the heart rate up.

Always remember to do that 5 min warm-up and stretch before your workout and do a 10 min cool down afterwards as well as stretch. Stay hydrated of course and if you want to implement anything else in addition to your cardio sessions, i.e. kickboxing, spinning, yoga, pilates, etc that’s good to go and money in the bank.

I know it may be hard for some of you to get those cardio sessions in first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, but make every attempt to knock it out and don’t take no for an answer. The pain is only temporary, but the pride and respect you will have once it’s all said and done will be forever so suck it up and enjoy the new fab body you are going to get in the end.

Your resistance training will be three times a week, three sets of 15 reps light weights on the machines and change up the order every other workout meaning start with upper body first then legs and vice versa on your next time doing resistance training.

CHEST PRESS OR BENCH PRESS
LAT PULLDOWNS
SHOULDER PRESS OR DUMBBELL PRESSES
BICEP CURLS
TRICEP PUSHDOWNS
LEG PRESS
LEG CURLS
LEG EXTENTIONS
CALF RAISES
DIPS (THREE SETS OF PYRAMIDS)

Annnd, that’s it. Admit it: just from reading that, you feel more like a grasshopper already.

Exclusive Shar Jackson video interview
Celebrity Fit Club: Boot Camp - Meet the cast
Celebrity Fit Club: Boot Camp show page
Celebrity Fit Club: Boot Camp videos and extras
Connect with Celebrity Fit Club: Boot Camp fans!

1. Bonnie says:

He might be a womanizer but I think Federline is a cutie!!!!!

2. VH1 Rules says:

VH1 SHOULD BRING BACK VH1 VOGUE FASHION AWARDS

3. Paula says:

Harvey is frickin awesome! Even though he seems tough, he genuinely wants to get people in shape and believes in living healthy. If the only way that can happen is through yelling and being tough – so be it!!

4. Angel says:

hey im 20 years old and i had lost weight about 40 punds i was 165 and got down to 120 125 and now im back at 170 and i hate it.. i seriously need some guidence i watch the show i would like some help so if you could give me some please do thank you so much <3 Angel

5. Andrea says:

I am definitely gonna try this workout. I wish they had the dietplans and stuff on here too so I could try that out but I am gonna try the workout. Im trying to lose some weight before I go on this trip in mid May…so hopefully I can get down to a nice size before then. Im currently at 174lbs…hoping to get down to atleast 150 or something…Hope it works for me as well as it has been for these celebs

6. CORINNE says:

PLEASE GIVE US A DIET REGIME HARVEY! AT LEAST A KICK START FOR THE FIRST 2 WEEK. ALSO, WHEN YOU SAY A”SET” DOES THAT MEAN 10-12 REPS PER SET? OR 15, OR EXACTLY HOW MANY? ALSO, I’M DOING THE ELIPTICAL AT HOME. ARE YOU SUPOOSED TO USE AN INCLINE OR NOT? I SET MY MACHINE AT “RANDOM.” LEVEL 6. IS THAT A SUFFICIENT # TO BE AT FOR THE ENTIRE TIME?

THANKS,

CORINNE

7. Deloise Williams says:

I would like to lose weight before the summer get here please help me

8. AMANDA says:

HARVEY,
    I AM LOOKING FOR HELP. I CURRENTLY WEIGH 363 LBS. I AM 28, AND HAVE SIX CHILDREN. I DON’T FIND IT AMUZING THAT I CAN’T EVEN PLAY A FULL GAME OF KICKBALL WITH MY KIDS. I NEED HELP. I NEED SOMEONE WHO WILL STICK BEHIND ME, AND HELP PUSH ME. I DON’T HAVE THE MOTIVATIONAL SUPPORT, AND THUS FAR HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO DO IT MYSELF. I FIND IT VERY HARD TO LOSE WEIGHT, BECAUSE I DO GO TO THE GYM, AND I DO EAT HEALTHY, YET I’M STILL DISGUSTINGLY OBESE. IF YOU WOULD BE THAT PERSON WHO CAN HELP GUIDE ME I WOULD BE FOREVER THANKFUL TO YOU.
    THANKS,
    AMANDA

9. shon says:

WHERE IS THE DIET PLAN

10. guinn says:

Where the hell is the diet plan??? You talk about it every week!!!! I still cant find it ;how can we succeed if we cant even get the right information to follow?? please help

11. monna cox says:

harvey is so hot when he yells it turns me on i love it who raw yah baby sorry thats how i feel

12. Jennifer says:

I agree with guinn below – where is the diet plan that they advertise EVERY WEEK? Harvey, Dr. Ian, and the whole cast really inspire me. I want to do what they do, follow what they follow, and they keep saying we can get it here, BUT IT IS NOWHERE TO BE FOUND. Anyway, for the most part this is the best cast they ever had (excluding the 2 who don’t really try – why are they even there?). These people are funny, sincere, and relatable. BUT AGAIN, WHERE IS THE DIET PLAN? I guess we will have to buy Dr. Ian’s book.

13. kathy says:

can anyone tell me how to get harveys workout tape?

14. kathy says:

…and where is the diet plan they keep talking about gettting on this site? have not been able to find it. i need help!

15. kathy says:

can anyone tell me how to get the diet plans they tell you on the show to go to this site for? i can not find them. i need help.

16. Lydia says:

This kicked my @$$ but I can see results!

17. Dee Dee says:

celebrity fit club, Harvey,and Dr.Ian have really inspired to lose weight and change my diet. Thanks alot vhl and everyone on the show.I love this show. Can’t wait til the next season. I feel really inspired I will never look at fitness and diet the same.

18. Lynda says:

OMG I am a flight attendant and I was off from work with a stress fracture from jogging. I am 54 but I am active and I try to eat healthy. I can not get rid of my mid-section. I do squats, I work my arms I walk and run and it’s as if the fat is keeping up with me. I tried to get on world’s biggest loser but they told me to get lost, so Harvey I saw what you did with the people on celebrity fit club so now can you work another miracle and help me get rid of thirty pounds. I loved watching the show. I saw the difference not only in the weight loss, but I saw the difference that it made in each of the celebrities and how they felt about themselves. Come on Harvey make me look good naked!!smile!

19. Jackie says:

I loved watching Celebrity Boot Camp. I have to admit I did a lot of crying while watching the show. I wasn’t born a big girl but as time and life went on I found myself gaining and gaining more weight. It seems as if I’m out of control. If I eat to much then I feel guilty. If I don’t eat enough then I know I’m not doing my weight loss any good. I’m not a celebrity but I sure would’ve love being at the camp surrounded with others who are struggling like me. Keep up the good work and know that there’s this viewer out there crying with hope every time I tune into watch the show.

20. HOLLY HEATH says:

I would love to know how a non-celebrity coudd take advantage of your expertise. I have the Celebrity Fit Club Boot camp DVD with harvey- LOVE IT. I even have Harvey’s book. I have Three of Ian Smiths books. Extremve Smash the Fat,l Smash the fat, and The four day diet. I am 46 yrs old, looking like 30 something and in good health but not in good shape. I am 25lbs over weight to professionals but 15lbs over weight for where I want to be. It may not be a lot to some people but I am 4 ft10. How about a a NOT A CELEBRITY fit-club -boot camp. reward your fans. I have watched every season. Every SEASON- What can I do to shed these pounds that just want ot hang around. I eat right, I cook, I am a great cook an a healthy cook. I bring my lunch to work. I am so imspired when you show is on, I watch all the re-runs- any suggestions

21. Chivas says:

The dietplan I’ve been following is Dr. Ian’s “Fat Smash Diet”, if you follow it exactly you will be successful, so go out and get one of his books. He has different books to fit your needs.

@Holly, I’m 48 years old and 4’11″ and have lost 16 lbs following Dr. Ian’s book religiously. You have to follow it exactly to get quick results, which includes the food and the exercise program.

It’s best to buy one of the books so you can carry it with you, as it is my food bible. Good Luck to all on your better health plan!

22. sheryllynn says:

harvey, is there an exercise regime that one can do at home to get back into shape

23. Twila says:

I am from CBS Survivor and would love to be on your show so that I may loose 35 pounds or more.

24. bigbrear says:

you are all $_(%#)^(%*$@!_!~(* ed. Its a show to promote healthy living and you all are worried about how cute or how these celebraties are treated. Screw the celebraties lets get real people in there that are not worth millions. this show is crap.

25. Laurie says:

I just started watching this season love it and i have started to work out again i to can not find the diet plan on here has anyone found it in response to HOLLY HEATH i thought the same thing they should put a regular person with a celebrity as a partner just to spice it some more .

26. Nicholle Love says:

I love Shar and i always have…I wish i could be her motivation..I know love loss sucks but EXCUSE ME she is SHAR JACKSON….and very much still a hottie..so dont let anyone or any situation let you forget that…your friend in my head….email me when you feel down girl

27. Ashley says:

Hello, i have been doing you’r workouts and staying on the diets and i lost 20 pounds in 1 month! i think u she keep up the good work with u all and Blue team, Keep working because u know you will reach you’r goal!
    Thank you once again!.

28. Jesslyn says:

I’m a 26 year old female who needs to lose a 100 pounds. I go to the gym and get bored. There are alot of health issues that run in my family and my doctor wants me to concentrate on cardio. I get bored on everything.

Help please!!