Tool Academy 3 Recap – Finale – Tears For Fears

jacobkick

You totally did this after you saw who won Tool Academy 3, didn’t you? Good thing you kept the computer!

“I was here to save my relationship. If I win that money and I’m able to graduate, even better,” says Angelo at the start of the finale. Is this the face of sincerity? I think so! And if I’ve been fooled, I’m not alone. Trina kept Angelo for a reason.

toolacademy308-vh100004

Jacob says he can’t see Angelo graduate while he stays a Tool, after the STDs thing. For the record, it took 40 seconds into this episode for the STD thing to get mentioned. That’s a new record (low) for this show. Oh, and Christie was also the first person to bring this up. So this bring everything full circle in a way, doesn’t it?

toolacademy308-vh100007

Dayna interviews that this week’s therapy was all about “What was it? Tool…vibration?” Close: it was Tool Evolution. Tool Vibrations was week 1.

toolacademy308-vh100016

Angelo cries as soon as his first baby picture hits the TV. And even though Trina makes them yell at their own photos later, I wish she had them start now. Yelling at their own baby photos would have added some much-needed pathos to this show!

toolacademy308-vh100018

Angelo looks exactly the same! Or maybe it’s all the crying that’s kept him looking like a baby. Either way: cute! Yes, crying adult men are cute too.

toolacademy308-vh100022

I do feel bad because Angelo explains why he’s crying this time. But as Christie points out, he’s cried every. Single. Week. The sympathy she felt for Angelo has turned into this.

toolacademy308-vh100033

One of my favorite exchanges with Jacob’s first pic:

toolacademy308-vh100048

Trina: So how old are you there?
Jacob: A baby?

Welcome to Duh Academy.

And then Jacob immediately breaks down. Keep in mind that this is the same Tool who told Kyle, “My heart’s a lot colder than yours, and I will beat you like a dog.” But then it turns out Jacob’s dad left him when he was a year old. I think this explains a lot of his pent-up rage.

toolacademy308-vh100053

A Tool’s weakest point is his family.

Also this picture makes Jacob start crying anew. But when Trina asks what person he’d rather be, he says, “That person’s soul, but outside, what I am now.” Jacob won’t be giving up the guns.

toolacademy308-vh100055

And now, the saddest graduation photo in a decade:

toolacademy308-vh100059

Then the best moment in a decade, when Jacob kicks the TV. Good thing this is the last episode of the season! I think Dayna’s mouth probably locked this way out of shock.

daynasurprise2

Though therapy’s over, Trina says they’ll meet her in the backyard that night for a ritual. Jacob thinks it’ll be a barbecue and a few beers. Then he sees this:

toolacademy308-vh100080

Surprise! Drums and talking sticks. I didn’t know Trina got down in a new age way. We go through all of Jacob’s worst moments, and all of his silver-logo’d t-shirts.

toolacademy308-vh100093

toolacademy308-vh100097

toolacademy308-vh100099

This is how Dayna looks when she says it just feels good to be happy again. I think I understand the mixed emotions. Because that’s sort of how I feel about getting to the end of this season.

toolacademy308-vh100112

Trina has the Tools burn things that symbolize their Toolishness. No one burns a bandana! I can’t think of a greater symbol of their vanity:

toolacademy308-vh100001

Angelo burns two of his t-shirts. And when I imagine what burning cotton, plastic, and seeped-in testosterone must smell like, I want to make this face:

toolacademy308-vh100032

Jacob burns his leopard-print robe and shorts, and “these stupid panties.” And the fire jumped really high. Either this polyester burns really well, or God approves of this sacrifice.

toolacademy308-vh100122

Relationship metaphor/final challenge time. The couples have to walk a tightrope.

toolacademy308-vh100126

Both Tools are scared of heights. Of course. The toughest dudes always are.

As with his tears, Angelo’s pretty expressive with his fears.

toolacademy308-vh100141

The final challenge: The leap of faith. Just like in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. You’ve been keeping track of the parallels right?

toolacademy308-vh100155

The girls are in for the question and answer portion of tonight’s pageant elimination.

toolacademy308-vh100160

Just like real graduation day, they get caps and gowns. And they share a drink. Just like high school graduation, you put aside the beef for your one last day together.

toolacademy308-vh100171

At final graduation, Trina tells Angelo he’s in league with the Academy’s worst Tools ever. Unfortunately this isn’t one of those underdog situations. And Trina doesn’t grade based on “most improved.” Why do I think his tears may have been real all season? He doesn’t cry at the exact moment he should.

toolacademy308-vh100191

Angelo says, “I’m sorry I didn’t graduate for you.” And before the tears start, Dayna gets him into the limo. They don’t even get out of the driveway before they start arguing.

toolacademy308-vh100213

So, Jacob wins Tool Academy 3. He’s so happy he picks up Trina (after he promised to stop picking up girls earlier this episode). I think Jordan was hoping for a boost too.

toolacademy308-vh100219

This picture’s way happier than his earlier diploma shot:

toolacademy308-vh100236

“This means more to me than my high school graduation.” All I got for graduation was a copy of Oh, The Places You’ll Go! He got $100,000 and graduated first in his class. Of course it means more, and I bet the 10-year reunion’s a lot more fun.

The Celebreality Interview – Jacob
Tool Academy 3 – Meet the cast
Tool Academy 3 show page
Tool Academy 3 videos and extras
Connect with Tool Academy fans!

1. ashley says:

pretty sad that he won…. he was and still is one of the biggest tools.. i think this was the worst season of tool academy by far..

2. Tempest says:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

JACOB WON BOOOOOOOOOOO!

3. Lola says:

ARe you kidding why this couple? the other couple should have won , i saw Jacob and his girlfriend play into everything after they knew how to play the system..

4. jim/mia says:

Angelo and Dayna should have WON
    Trina chose the wrong TOOL to win !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    they only cared about the $$$$$ money they dont care about the relationship ,,hello!

5. your mom says:

i think the bottom 2 sucked. they are both tools and will continue to be because they are “famous” now.

6. chelsea says:

i guess i’m the only one who agrees that Jacob was the right one to win.

7. unknown says:

Your not the only one I agree with you I just watched all season 1 episodes today it’s way better than season 2 and 3 as I expected vh1 shows will never be as good as season 1 so to the people who haven’t watched season 1 do so it’s so much better only problem is the damn buffering issues! Caveman kicking the tv was funny Caveman: THAT IS NOT ME! he wreck things started fights kick the damn tv and he still won pretty awesome!

8. LPchick says:

I think Jacob and Christie were the better of the 2…

Think of it this way, if Angelo had gotten the $100k do you think he would be planning on finally getting a job when he got home? No, probably not… At least Jacob said in his interview they’re just putting in the bank and saving it for now instead of blowing it.

9. Tev says:

CALLED IT. So called it.

Don’t think either of them deserved it, but Jacob was a much better choice than Angelo. My only complaint is, where’s Kevin? Wasn’t his elimination quote, “Screw 100,000 dollars, I got my wife back!” Seems to me he really deserved it.

And like unknown said, I agree that the earlier seasons were better. Really hope when the 4th season comes along (since we all know it will) they’ll make some improvements.

10. MISC says:

What a terrible choice for winner! Especially considering Jacob interviewed that he didn’t know how he was going to lash out if he didn’t win … not IF he was going to lash out, but HOW. Clearly lots of personal growth and maturity there. :-/

11. LISA XOXO says:

Hes the best looking on the show, most entertaining, and changed the most. Show would of been boring without him…
    FOR REAL!!! Neander is the man….sexxyyyy

12. Mike says:

NEANDER WINS 100k, hes the man, and I would love 2 meet him.

13. Jason says:

Are u kidding me i will never watch this show again that idiot shouldve left the first day

14. Julie says:

Who did Jacob pay off/sleep with? I believe Trina has lost any credibility she may have once had. Just a couple weeks into this season I saw where it was headed. I was so hoping to be proven wrong. But after Kevin was eliminated after Jacob lying all the way through the “human lie detector”, you could tell it was rigged. I can only hope that viewers weren’t fooled by Jacob’s fake crying. I am surprised that it took him so long to pull this out of his bag of tricks. Anyone can rub their eyes and hide their head until they make their face all red! Such a fake!!! BAD Tool Academy! BAD BAD Trina!

15. shaknbak480 says:

So BS. Jacobs girlfriend had no emotions throughout the whole show they totally played Trina. How can you fail every question on the lie detector and not get sent home? And Courtney was sent home for being too touchy feely which is completely stupid

16. Derp says:

I can’t think of ANY of the tools this season being deserving enough to win in the end. They each barely passed each lesson by simply NOT being the worst tool of the week.

Maybe Angelo was more deserving, but I really can’t tell if he’s sincere at all with his emotional behavior, or if he’s just doing it to impress Trina. Maybe he was just going through the motions, so he could graduate?

And Jacob, haha. In one of the therapies Trina called him out, and Jacob admitted to just simply saying what Trina wanted to hear. And now he’s walking around with more money than me! WTF BRO!

17. taytay says:

it was the saddest finale ever of tool academy ,seriously dangelo and jacob? theyre worst tools there! jacob is better than dangelo though, dangelo was fake the whole show….bottom line kevin shouldve won

18. 4825992 says: