New Show Alert: VH1′s Football Wives!

It’s official! VH1 is turning Basketball Wives, which premiered Sunday, into a franchise. Next up is a “behind-the-scenes look at the glamorous life of the better halves of professional football’s most elite players.” We can’t yet announce any of the Football Wives cast members, but the 30-minute show will run for eight episodes and will premiere later this year. And for more football-related goodness we have the second season of The T.O. Show and a new dating show with Chad Ocho Cinco coming up in July. Official Football Wives press release after the jump.

VH1 RUNS FOR A TOUCHDOWN WITH “FOOTBALL WIVES”

Network Announces Expansion of “Wives” Franchise with
New Eight-Episode 30-Minute Series

LOS ANGELES, CA - April 14, 2010 – VH1 and Shed Media are teaming up again with the new series Football Wives, giving viewers a behind-the-scenes look at the glamorous life of the better halves of professional football’s most elite players. Production will begin immediately. The eight-episode 30-minute series is set to premiere later this year.

This series goes inside the real life locker room of the spouses of some of the biggest footballers in the game. For the most part, these ladies live the life. They drive the best cars, live in the biggest mansions, wear designer clothes and jewelry and only travel first class. But living the high life is not all glamour and is frequently fleeting. Football players are often injured so their partners are forced to not only play wife, but also be a mother or nurse to their man. The careers of these modern day gladiators span only a few years on average and unlike basketball players, football stars travel less for games and are expected to be home with their families. But do they live up to those expectations?

“Building on the success of Basketball Wives, we want to take a look at the differences and challenges of being the better half of a player in America’s most popular sport.” said Jeff Olde, Executive Vice President of Original Programming and Production. “We are thrilled to expand this franchise and give viewers access to a new, unique and exclusive world that you have to see to believe.”

Shed Media is producing the series. Executive producing for Shed Media are Nick Emmerson, Jennifer O’Connell, and Alex Demyanenko. Tom Huffman is a consulting producer. Executive producing for VH1 are Jeff Olde, Jill Holmes and Noah Pollack.

1. jack says:

I will def be watching basketball wives is a hit! I love royce!!!!!

2. Lane says:

You gotta be kidding me.. Wow this is dumb

3. ILM says:

Who cares, bring back I LOVE MONEY!

4. Xavier says:

Why would vh1 already be having another stupid Wives show if Basketball Wives isn’t even a proven hit yet? All of these shows are lame, I agree bring back I Love Money. Until ILM returns I will continue to not watch Vh1.

5. Elle says:

NO MORE CRAPPY SHOWS!!!! Bring back I Love Money, Charm School, and other shows of the same nature!!! VH1 listen to your fans for ONCE!!

6. DIVA83 says:

I HOPE THIS SHOW HAVE ACTUALLY WIVES & NOT GIRLFRIENDS,EX-WIFE/FIANCE/GIRLFRIEND,BABYMAMAS(ROYCE IS DWIGHT HOWARD BABYMAMA) SHE CAN’T SPEAK HIS NAME OR NOTHING ABOUT HIM CUZ HE TOOK HER 2 COURT…DON’T BRING BACK NO DATING SHOW UNLESS ITS 100% FOR REAL…I MISS I LOVE $ & CHARM SCHOOL ALSO

7. Katy says:

YAY! ANOTHER SHOW I DON’T CARE ABOUT!

8. April says:

I think this would be a great idea. If done correctly. I really hope they use actual wives on the show. I would like to see the wife that was married to the player who was stopped outside the hospital by the police officer and had the gun turned on her. I wonder what ever happened with that situation and they seemed like a really down to earth couple on GMA. Use couples who have something going on. This basketball wives has no point they don’t do anything and only one is married to a basketball player.

9. OMG... says:

I know some of these women who were cast and trust me, not all of them are “professional football’s most elite players”. Maybe 1 is. And no, being a football wife is not glamorous unless your husband is one who starts. If not, you are always on the chopping block and living day to to day wondering if you will make a few hundred grand that year or nothing. And wondering if you will be picking up your life and moving after 3 weeks with a team.

10. K Dog says:

Can’t wait I’ll be tuning in!!! Bet the show will be way BETTER than Basketball Wives.

11. jandi spann wright says:

I am a wife of a former NFL player. You need to do a show on the down side of football life, Like the aftermath of a players life when it is not all good!
    J wright

12. milann4545 says:

Let me see, none of these woman are married to actual NFL players except Pilar. UFL like are yall for real? Mercedes the ex girlfriend of MB3 but he has a new girl now, so she’s obviously on their as a GROUPIE.

How desperate can you be to become famous? Every season when these shows air, I can never understand where they find these PATHETIC people to film. I don’t understand why people think you can become famous off of a show like this.

13. Chris says:

What happened to diversity? Why are the majority of the wives from the Dallas team. You need more diversity!

14. SB says:

Dors Pilar not believe in GOD or did she keep making the quotes symbol because the Bible study was at someone’s home. Why did she even go?

15. Jacci says:

I love Pilar she is the only classy lady on that show.I love her and Deion’s old show also.Chanta Foster is getthooooooo OMG!

16. Tanya says:

Pilar is so “Real” Chanita is so ghetto! I don’t know why she was so upset Pilar left bible study? It wasn’t even her fight…. but its obvious Chanita is jealous of Pilar. Since Chanita is very tall, bad built and looks like a man. Pilar keeps it real and I love it. She came to bible study because thats where they where filming the show but had a prior engagement. She didn’t have to explain to anyone why she left! She is grown and don’t owe those lame heifers an explanation. I love Pilar attitude. Be you and don’t change to please those heifers!

17. christ says:

who does this women think she is & her hubby.god is the only way.

18. christ says:

pilar .who the hell you think you are & your husband. seeing you both on TBN talking about god, then seeing you do that. i FEEL SO MAD AT PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO TALK ABOUT GOD THEN MOCK HIM.YOU & YOUR FAMILY DID NOT MAKE IT WERE YOU ARE IN LIFE BY YOUR DAME SELF,S. GOD TOOK YOU THERE. YOU GIVE ALL SPORTS WIFES A BAD NAME AS GOLDDIGGING HO,S. SELFISH.ECT.ECT. YES THE LIST GOES ON. FROM A REAL MAN,S POINT OF VIEW. YOU MAY THINK YOU HAVE IT ALL. BUT YOU REALY DONT.I FEEL SORRY FOR YOU. GOD,S MAN OF VALOR.

19. JoJo says:

I like football wives a lot better than the basketball wives. But I do think they tend to live beyond their means. But with that said I like the way many NFL players work in the community and help others. Seems you hear more about football players giving more of their time to the community. I know I live in a NFL city and our team is always out there helping others.

20. Jojo says:

Pilar is somewhat over confident but at the same time she was invited by her friend to go to the Bible study therefore its really the friend who is to blame and Chanita simply got completely out of line. It was not her Bible study to say anything and she was an invited guest herself.

By the way..what Bible study last 3 hours. I used to go and they were only 1 hour.

21. lynn2010 says:

Football wives 10-31, oh my God Chanita is as ghetto as anyone could be. She must have bought that wig at a street stand for $10.00. She needs to be on meds, she’s loud beyond loud, jealous and probably renting that house she’s living in. She is ANGRY at the other wives, controlling and domineering. God help this awful woman!!

22. lynn says:

I predict Amanda Davis and her husband will be flat broke 5 to 10 years from now. Did you all know that 63% of atheletes end up broke later in life. The money is here today gone tommorrow. Need to save that money for all those injuries that he will have to deal with by the time his broken down body has reaced the end. Around 40 yrs of age.

23. AP says:

Chanita, is a hot mess…… She needs to be replaced.

24. SupaStar says:

I was disgusted last night when I heard Amanda Davis refer to her children as dogs. If you wanted dogs instead of kids then you should of kept your damn legs close. No wonder the cowboys lost again last night. Look what some of them have to come home to.

25. RealArmyWifey says:

Please tell me these hoes are not crying because their husbands are going to FOOTBALL CAMP!! I’m an Army wife and even when War is not going on our husbands are away at work!! GET A LIFE

26. Nicci says:

I haven’t watched but 2 episodes of football wives and I must say its a quite disaster. Pilar is way 2 classy 4 these ladies. Im not downing any of the ladies but it is what it is. Im hoping that Chanita is only acting so she’ll stand out & get more ratings…& not that miserable with life. Chanita if ur being real & this is who u really r then u need 2 get a life & stop having babies. All i c is anger, jealousy, misery, & 2 paychecks from being @ the unemployment line. Stop humiliating urself & get sum class about urself:)))

27. K Cheek -Boyd says:

I love Pilar, she is allllll so exactly like me,My attitude is so much like hers,She put the C in Classy.Them other 1′s is a HoooooT Mess!!! Take some pointers from the Fly and Classy!!! And where and what back alley these football players get these broads from!! Pilar Rules, Marinade On That!!!

28. sirlot says:

I have one thing to say. These programs are such a waste of time to watch. The women are such a waste of space. It is such a slap in the face of who the american women are, these women should be ignored, because they have nothing to contribute! It is like I am watching a high school after special program. They are all uneducated women. It is very sad.

29. sirlot says:

Please do something with your life besides being sixteen years old.

30. 818521 says:

What a lovely day for a 818521! SCK was here

31. 330584 says:

What a lovely day for a 330584! SCK was here

32. Judy Morales says:

VH1 .Are you aware that even the US government is on board , when it comes to stopping the
    tactics of a ” Bully ” ??? I know that money alone is the force that moves your networth.
    ( network ) But having viewed ‘Basketball Wives sadly featuring an un-educated woman,
    Evelyn , and allowing the vomit that calls speeaking her -mind ??? This is uu-acceptable !
    This woman is supposed tp be a mother ? Where is her sen$f of decency ??? is she ( and
    a few of her co-horts ) so hard-up for money , that they refuse to acknowledge the inpact
    that they are having on dys-functional young women ,who , in reeor , think that they are
    ” role models “….The few times that I watched them , I was reminded of what 42nd street ,
    used to be like …before it was cleaned up. Evelyn has mental issues and is dangerous !!!
    You are heading for mutiple lawsuits , from parents around the country and some of your cast !!!
    To observe grown women behave as dys-fubctional teens, is a sad commentary for our day !!!