Basketball Wives Recap – Episode 2 – Points Of Tension

It’s time to bust out your popcorn…

bball_2_bp11_29

…or girlie drink, or whatever other enhancement you might enjoy…

bball2_gif1

Before we get into our weekly dose of extreme human behavior (or at least, one of our doses), let’s look at something for which there is no point of conflict:

- Non-tension Point: Evelyn vs. her 34th birthday

It’s not that her impending anniversary qualifies her as old by normal-people standards, it’s just nice to see that she doesn’t think so either (sexy, public women can be so…weird about age). Evelyn reports that her 34th “means to me that I am a grown-ass woman and I am finally drama free.” That’s the spirit! For a few seconds! See, as she’s planning her party, the issue of the guest list comes up and the only question mark she has sits near Royce’s name.

bball_2_bp11_14

She’s “skeptical” about inviting Royce for a number of reasons explained throughout the episode. They include:

- “She’s a little annoying sometimes, and it’s my birthday and I don’t want to be annoyed.”
- “She’s a little messy on Twitter.”
- “She wants to twerk her vagina.”

Sounds like a one-woman party to me. I can’t think of an event where I wouldn’t want an annoying mess on Twitter twerking her vagina, but I can see how Evelyn would be afraid of that person stealing her shine.

- Tension Point: Noe versus his own feelings

bball_2_bp11_15

Noe is, according to Evelyn, “one of my girlfriends in a man’s body.” If that sounds confused, well, get a load of Noe’s own words. As he presents party outfits he’s picked out to Evelyn, he contradicts himself as soon as he can get done gagging over them. Weirdly, the effect doesn’t sound as guttural as it should. Some examples:

- “Oh my god, I love the boobs…Oh my god, I don’t like the way it squished your boobs!”
- “I love it, but you look like a PTA mom.”
- “I love it but I’m still not feeling it, no.”

I guess it’s helpful when you’re dealing with someone as potentially vindictive as Evelyn to cloak all honesty in fawning praise.

- Tension point: Jennifer versus Eric Williams

bball_2_bp11_16

At a dinner between this show’s sole practicing basketball wife and her husband, he notes that she has been spending all her time with Evelyn. He also brings up the nickname they’ve given him, Jabberjaws. He does little to disprove the dubbing by chomping on ribs throughout their discussion.

bball_2_bp11_21

And then, weirdness — the topic of his infidelity is broached vaguely, and he explains that there are things in the past that he isn’t proud of but that at the time he didn’t think was bad. “One could say I was being selfish, but I really wasn’t. I was just trying to satisfy me at the time. That’s it,” he explains. That’s a very interesting contrast between selfishness and only thinking of yourself that he’s got there. I think we can all agree that these are the words of a humanitarian.

And then, as if the topic of trust was never a concern in their relationship, much less examined about five seconds ago, Eric says that Jennifer is not allowed to hang with him and his clients that night.

bball_2_bp11_22
Hmmm, something tells me that their day has yet to come.

- Point of Tension: Jennifer versus Rashidah

bball2_gif2bball2_gif3

I have no idea what happened here — I can only guess that they came to the table (that of Evelyn’s birthday dinner) with claws extended. One minute, they’re talking about Royce’s lateness (“You know how they say ‘fashionably late?’ She’s not really fashionably [sic], so she’s just gonna be there late, I guess,” explained Evelyn, speaking of claws extended) and the next, they are involved in some serious neck-snapping. The final act featured Rashidah calling Jennifer “so f***ing phony,” and then this exchange:

Jennifer: “I don’t have to go home to you at night.”
Rashida: “The person you go home to doesn’t think you’re real.”

bball_2_bp11_23

Jennifer reports that she has “so much hateration” she “can’t even deal,” but after getting up from the table and moving so she’s not across from Rashidah, it seems that she’s dealing just fine. Plus, you know, the neck-snapping is a great way to deal with problems. It’s a cathartic trip to the chiropractor on a small scale.

- Non-Point of Tension: Jennifer versus Erikka

bball_2_bp11_24

…Just in case you were curious about what the rest of the table thought about this throwdown.

Also: A person on this show with no complaints? Erikka takes over Shaunie’s title of Unicorn of the Week.

And finally, of course, we end on what is by now old favorite just two weeks into this show’s run:

- Point of Tension: Evelyn versus Royce

When Royce finally arrives to the party, she’s all…

bball_2_bp11_27

bball_2_bp11_28

(Whatever that means!)

…and Evelyn’s all…

bball_2_bp11_25

…even though inside, she’s really all…

bball_2_bp11_26

And then, the surprise turns out to be not a surprise at all. It’s another sexy, crotch-centric dance from Royce:

bball_2_bp11_30

bball_2_bp11_31

bball_2_bp11_32

bball2_gif4

bball2_gif5

It’s very in-your-face and dance-off style, even though her adversary isn’t dancing back. The effect is something like Paula Abdul’s “Cold Hearted” video. Evelyn later tells Royce that she did a good job, but via an interview, you know she thinks otherwise: “She kind of looks like a little girl, but then she’s thrusting her vagina everywhere…it’s just weird.” I wonder how many times Royce is going to have to do this before it’s not weird anymore. Luckily, we have (at least) six more episodes left to find out!

Basketball Wives show page
Basketball Wives videos and extras
Follow the Basketball Wives on Twitter

1. Love says:

They should call this show basketball exwives the throw backs.

2. ljl-BREZZY says:

FIRST OF ALL THIS AN GOOD SHOW DATS IF LUV TOO SEE GROWN +(~_*!((#)^!~%^ WOMAN BE JUS AS FAKE AS THEIR SMILES.EXPOSE DRAMA ON&ON FROM JENNIFER&EVELYN YA IS A TRIP.ITS JUS SAD LADIES DAT YOUR EGO’S IS SET SO HIGH C’MON SON!ROYCE IS AN DANCER YA ITS NOT TOO SHOW OFF.I JUS REALLY HOPE YA PRAY AND REALIZE WHAT YA GOT NOT EVERYBODY HAS IT.SO LIVE WELL LOVE MUCH LAUGH OFTEN……

3. Irie says:

What is this crap about? Would any of these women have been with the basketball players they now complain about if it weren’t for the money? Hell no.

4. Robyn says:

Royce is the most real person on the “fake” show. I think these ladies are jealous because they can’t dance like Royce. That Evelyn chick looks so nasty with all those tatoos running up and down her back. And….she was never married to dude so why is she a basketball wife.

5. MIA says:

The show is the worst!!! I have always liked Shaunie, however I’m disappointed in the message of this show. You have this 34 y/o, who looks 44, ENGAGED for TEN YEARS!!GTFOOH!!!! How on earth does one stay engaged for TEN YEARS? She(Evelyn)is always looking down on others calling them groupies…WTF is she??? Would she have stayed with AW if he made 60K a year? HELL NO!!! At least the groupies keep it real!!! Hell, the realist one on the show is Royce. Have a baby from ball player 18 years of good money flowing in…DAT!! The other one married to EW should have made him get some braces! She said my husband cheats…however before that she said…let me put my Channel purse down!!! Yes, young ladys it is OK for your husband to cheat as long as you have a Channel bag to go along with it!! I just pray there is not a season two. I thought the message was going to be a bit more postive for our young ladys. My heart goes out to these young ladies, they have no clue on how to get a real man! Ray J, Flavor Flav, and now this! I was all for Shaunie telling Shaq’s dirty laudry…but now I’m so against it. Reason…she stayed with him all those years knowing he was not $hit, but rich. Get over it and move on. Let’s not continue feeding this trash to our youth!

6. rob says:

I say, just do not watch this horrible show and that will not give them viewers. I bunch of pretend to be wives, but really groupies that the men did not want. At change the name to What I will Do for Money. There is one wife on the show and I am shocked at Shaunie for the crap. I just hope the woman realize they have children. Royce is getting a lot of attention from the others who were never able to get married and will keep messing with athletes even though they are dogging them out on the show. Real Smart Ladies

7. tiffany says:

this show is great!!! i am so glad that they finally did a show on wives and exwives.. ithink on the next season they should add a wife or ex wife of a over seas player..i was i na relationship for 10 yrs married 5 to a professional over seas player and the life is very hard!!!!but props to all thes ladies i love the show!!!

8. Yolanda says:

Why are these ladies acting like Royce is doing something so wrong–get a life and a clue and stop being judgemental—-U go Raoyce

9. charese carter says:

Royce do what she do and she do it well the other girls becaause they dont act like women, should take dance lessons from her and maybe their men wouldnt cheat so much.How long ago did Jennifer have her sex change operation,thats what she need to be focused on having that adamsapple removed.

10. Kris says:

Can someone tell me the name of the song that plays when Evelyn walks out of the dressing room with her birthday dress on?

11. shonette barkoye says:

hey that is royce u can take her the way she is or leave her she do relize that she is a grown woman i am 20 and don`t behave like tht in time to come she will see what u were telling her about

12. LovelyPhd says:

Why is this show called Basketball Wives when the cast consist of 2 wives 1 never is on the show actually and the rest were apparently groupees that had established long term relationships with ball players. Come on how long do you think this pretense will last. They even look like wishful girls that wished a little too hard. We deserve to see what is the moral fiber of this industry made of and how they interact responsibly.

13. brooklynzown says:

The show should be (&_)_&@@)$&%#^% led Basketball Baby Mamas, with one ex-wife, and one soon to be ex-wife. These chicks are nothing but phony project chicks who came from nothing, got knocked up by ballers, and now wanna play high post. They are insecure whiners with low self esteem. They knew what they signed up for. Go Team Royce!! I’ll be watching!

14. Keke says:

I am hoping that Shaunie can read between the lines about these two Haters she hangs with.While she wants to keep Gloria close to her she needs to ditch Jennifer and Evelyn.They are faker than a 3 dollar bill.If they didn’t like Royce why in the hell do they not tell her. Like her dance at jennifer B-day party.Come on yall know the type of stuff she does deal with Royce being real to herself and what she knows and maybe yall 2 Fake you know what will learn a couple of things .Shaunie doesn’t fit in this group of girl.Jen.did get told off at the party table….Tend to your Husband girlfriend then you won’t be going thru this.I’m from Texas so we don’t put up with this crazy $#$))_%#*^+#+*~ ^$&!(!^(@&&_$))* that yall going thru..See yall in another state and it seems like you’ve forgot where you come from.No Man wants a Women who is one thing at home then with her girls a big Fake!!!

15. Tracy says:

I like Royce and Gloria the most. They are the most real and down to earth. Evelyn and Jennifer act way to snoody and jugdmental of Royce. I think they may be a lil jealous of her talent. I thought the show would have a little more substance. There is only one wife the rest are just fiancees.I thought the show would be about the lives of actual bball wives and their families, not groupies with a ring.

16. kcpretty1 says:

The show has one ex-wife and one wife. The rest of them were stepping stones. I will not be with any man for 10 yrs and not have a ring on my finger. They all gold diggers! Shaunie out spending Shaq money on her new boy toy and you know his pockets are low. They keep talking about Royce like she so bad, first of all, she is the youngest and secondly she is a professional trained dancer, that is what she does, get over it. I think she does a damn good job at it. Dancing is a gift like singing, everybody can’t do it. Them heffa jealous! None of them work or have real jobs. All of those women are tired, I don’t feel sorry for them and I think the show is just what the public think athletes’ wives are, NOTHING!! The depend on others to take care of them. Real women get it cracking with or without a man and it don’t take 10 years to figure out dude not right for you!! Grow up….

17. Ms. Blue says:

First off the show is garbage. Why call it wives of NBA players when there are only 2 wives in there. Shaunie O’Neal is a noody trying to be somebody. I love Rashida because she will put you in your place. Royce is real she doesn’t care what people think of her she still does her thing. Jennifer I can’t stand the way she talks idk what it is about her voice but it’s weird. Everyone else is fake. Oh yeah how in the hell are you engaged to someone for 10 years come on now be real.

18. joy says:

I think eve is mad wack. she is a hater and needs to be educated about trying to diss someone. If your going to try to say their something make sure that ur not. Don’t be mad cause ur not flexible.

19. Social69Buttafly says:

Okay, Evelyn’s lil’ party was cool…Buuuut when it started getting interesting is when Royce came out and did her dance. All I can say is GO Ms. ROYCE, do yo dance girl. And Ms. Evelyn was like all shocked ” she didn’t come to my dinner but she did this dance”??? Yeah for you, goofy broad..The Hatin’ a** Evelyn stated she (Royce) can’t take my shine.. Check it out, Evelyn, your birthday party wasn’t sh*t until Royce showed up…KEEP IT REAL BOO..And uh you did ENJOY THAT DANCE…..!!

20. GET A CLUE says:

These basketball “wives”/ “10 year girlfriends” are very miserable and bitter with their lives and their husbands that’s why they are hating on other people because it will make them feel better about themselves. They really need to focus on their relationship with Jesus instead of all the materialistic things that will disappear one day anyway.

21. T_DUB says:

This show is pure entertainment. Some the ladies brag about living a lavish lifestyle with all the perks but they are so empty on the inside. Awww poor babies! But hey, that happens when you marry or date for $$$ & not love! DUH! I hope Gloria stays far away from these bitter women because misery loves company. Royce continue to be true to yourself.

22. WithStupids says:

Did Royce pay you people to make the same damn favorable comment about her over and over? Why the hell would this basketball paycheck recipient Royce come to another WOMAN’s party, avoid the main part (THE DINNER), and basically thrust her $_@_^%@@^$+@$$( all up in another WOMAN’S face? That `#)($~%_(*#+^&`+^ is trashy…NO EXCUSES! ~_&&$%_&(^ you b*i*t*c*h with all of that God-speak, Royce; you’re just as trashy as the rest of those low lifes…

23. Shea says:

OMG, this group of women is so fake!!! Like get real!! Real classy women would have kept their (_$^#$%(`&+`&@+ es off TV and found a way to make some real money.

And this Jennifer William, girl!!! Please drop those dayum contacts!!!

And whichever one has the blond hair, its really time to start checking out some darker or at least natural colors!!

24. Jess says:

I like this show. I don’t care if they are not actual wives. It’s just entertainment. Reality tv is supposed to be silly, right?

My thoughts on the girls:

Evelyn- I think she is beautiful. I put her up there with Beyonce. However, her eyes show a bitter, cold person. Men can really suck the life out of you…if you let them. Hopefully she can get over all the pain that her ex put her through, and go back to her Bronx roots. You know she was probably a fun chica back in the day in the boogie down Bronx. She’s just so stuck on being “high class.” It’s her way of showing that she’s better than all of the groupies her husband cheats on her with. The problem is, she’s TRYING too hard, and she doesn’t seem to let loose or have fun anymore. No one wants a boring, stuck up partner.

Royce- I love this girl. She’s a little cutie. She’s a great dancer, too. She definitely stays true to herself, while the other girls stay fake.

Jennifer- Pretty lady, but she seems like Evelyn. Trying a little too hard to be something she’s not. It’s like she struggles to sound proper all the time.

The other girls don’t really have a story line yet, so I don’t have much to say about the rest of them either..

25. realindetroit says:

Jennifer, “Let me put my channel purse down” ????

Really girl? Look, we all know who you are married too and all the material b/s you have access to,but the mere fact that you had to mention what type of bag you are carrying shows that obviously you haven’t or don’t receive enough acknowledgement for what you ‘have’ and attention for who you are! I hope your value of self isn’t buried benenth your valuables!

Evelyn-why are you acting like a mean girl? You are far to beautiful and blessed to be going in on Royce and who she is! Don’t worry about it! It she likes to dance like that..and its a bit much for your liking…so damn what! Let her be the indivual she is and stop looking down your nose on her…it makes you like threaten and ugly.

If you snobby women were sincere about helping Royce understand how her behavior may come off to others, you would do it in love! And if you did that in love, it would make others view you as beautiful….then we could take notice of the other qualities and things that you have and refer to you as a bad @$~%`!%#@+^@#@( woman….but we cant, because you are missing that loving quality!

Ladies, don’t be a victim of “group thought”….that’s so last year! Real Talk!

26. diamondjessica says:

why are these women so %((*@`%&$^*$&^)^+ y they make it seem like they are the bread winners no %((*@`%&$^*$&^)^+ es you get (!++%!(&#))^$(#^ for *(*$&~+#_~&(!#$) ing men who can throw a ball and then you think you have the right to look down on other people my girl was rite when she called jen fake but she is not the only one get real the only reason there men cheated on them is because the women became such %((*@`%&$^*$&^)^+ es they knew what they were getting into and now that the basketball world has thrown them away they are bigger %((*@`%&$^*$&^)^+ es

27. factck says:

rumor has it suzie’s baby daddy is not the real baby daddy- she was a groupie on the la scene for a long time. she dated kobe and brian williams before she met her alleged baby daddy

28. milastone says:

omg!!! i agree 100% with MIA’s comment on April 19th, 2010 at 8:46 am…wow! where’s the dignity in these women? these ladies made their beds…now, they have to lay in it. you chose to be with a basketball player (key word “player”) and now that all the fun is gone, you want to act like a victim. wake up and smell the coffee…you either keep shopping for all the stuff your “player” pays for or get out now while you still have a little soul left. to me, there is no difference between the basketball wife and a paid escort. they both get paid one way or another.

29. Lady Starr says:

The Seaons is good so far but i have to say That Royce and Gloria are the only ones that are real and on point. but gloria better watch out cause i can tell Evelyn and Jennifer is about to start hating and for the rest of these chick are ugh Evelyn Was dumb enough to be with a man for 10 years and didnt even get a ring but quick to judge someone that she dont know about..Jennifer is straight up Fake!!! her and Evelyn are ment to be best friends

30. Amber from the A says:

I’ve only seen the 2nd episode, and so far-NOT IMPRESSED! How old is Royce oh by the way and why did she feel that her dance was appropriate? Sorry Dwight-please tell me she was your high school sweetheart, if not, please get custody of your son.

And how do you have an independence party when you weren’t married to begin with? Your the dummy that stuck around for 10 years and failed to tie the knot. I hope you had a baby b/c otherwise no alimony for you!

To Shaunie-did Shaq ever find your stash of money? If not, that’s what you need to be teaching these ladies.

31. chantelle says:

Good show vh1!! what id really like to see are more ex wives, women who were once or still are truly loved by their ballerz or ex ballerz. This show mostly has groupies who got babies, we cant expect their men to love them when they know what their baby mamas really are(groupies)- more ex wives please

32. dina from lalaland says:

we want more ex wives and less groupies- women who were really cheated on, more drama. We expect groupies to be cheated on, they re like escorts- i aint ever heard of no escort paying client staying faithful to his best hooker!!

33. erica says:

why is royce on the show anyway…. i don’t get it, kick her off please

34. bebe says:

omg…everyone has sooo much to say about Royce…she is young ,hot and sexy. She still has a life to live and she lives it up to the fullest and the rest of the girls act so phony towards her because she knows who she is. Stop worrying about what the tabloids have to say and live your life and to be honest i never heard of the “basketball wives” anyway…except for Shaunie

35. @peace says:

MIA IS soooooooooooooooooooo on point with this show, it really needs to be renamed “DUMPED AND CONFUSED” (with the exception of Jennifer) there are no wives here just a lot of LONG TERM GROUPIES (GIRLFRIENDS) AND A FEW HOPEFULS (FIANCES)

36. TRUTH says:

WHAT IS THE DEFENITION OF THE WORD “WIFE”?

37. Miss Jai says:

This show is a trip!! I am not surprised that Shaunie is behind it all. She wants to come out and play the victim but let us not forget that she cheated on her FIRST husband with Shaq and cheated on Shaq with a fitness trainer. So why is she coming out trying to play innocent. She is one of the biggest groupie/golddiggers out there. She trapped Shaq with all those babies when he did not even want her behind. Evelyn needs to get over herself. She wants to seem so prim and proper…..there was a reason why you were the fiancee for 10 years and not the WIFE. Now when Antoine is having problems, you drop him like a bad habit. What makes her so much better???!!! Jennifer is just ugly….you mean she could not have found a better looking ARTICULATE man. Well, for one, she looks like a man in drag herself. These women are pathetic to say the least except Gloria.. Gloria seems sweet (so far).

38. kuntrygirl says:

I was waiting on someone else to comment on this:

Rashida should be cast on the show. I loved the way she let Jennifer HAVE IT. Too funny!

39. passing thru says:

Evelyn is full of herself and hates Royce because she sees Royce as beneath her. I can’t stand that fakey bottled blonde. Her hair is dried up like a brillo pad and can she possbily get anymore make-up on her face? She’s like the cheer captain on the cheerleading squad. Pathetic.

40. Tonya says:

Mia…I so agree with you. When Evelyn announced she was 34 years old I wanted to see her damn I.D. that woman looks every bit over 40+. Then she says she’s inviting some classy women…those women must have attended another party. Not ragging on tattos, but I do not see any woman with tatoos all over her back as classy. As most of the post say Royce seems to be the realest woman on this show…they keep calling her a little girl and insisting on her growing up…Evelyn and Jennifer need to take a look in the mirror. Evelyn may be pretty but she looks OLD…I can not get over the fact she is only 34…NO WAY!!!

Evelyn and Jennifer want to call other women groupies…they were groupies and then point fingers at others…that is so sad…if they thought this show would help their image they were wrong…it makes them look like pitful ex-groupies turned ex-fiance and wife. Just shameful.

41. bea says:

whats the name of the song that play when she is trying on her bday dress

42. DEE says:

Funny thing, check out the YFB website, new pics of Evelyn………………Now lets see what she has to say about what ppl are saying and posting on the internet!!!! Taking naked pics ain’t classy Boo, be-littling someone else to make you feel better about being played isn’t the sh%^&! Royce is confident in who she is, and what she does,you on the other hand couldn’t be! Goofy, you claim to be so classy, and mature but your the 34yr old ( looking more like 44) who played herself for 10yrs with a baller. Celebrating independence…….girl celebrate your b-day, let it go, you should be glad you finally came to your senses (then again you haven’t, still crying over it….so fake)or then again he was prob. the one who broke it off otherwise you would be celebrating 11yrs of being engaged….and happy to do so…….DUMMY!

Jen, drag queen, bird lady, blue eyed bandit……….uggh where do I start??? I will just say can someone please recommend a hair stylist. Beautiful hair but that center part that she HAS 2 HAVE

43. DEE says:

cont…..that center part doesn’t go with every style! who wheres a part in the center of a ponytale??? Who does that?? why are you paying someone to do that bull%^$#? Who put her on that high horse she is on, no wonder why her man cheated. She is stuck on the fact she has money and thats a good thing but make the money boo don’t let the money make you. Bright Blue eyes………o come on they don’t even look nearly natural on you. He probably wanted someone down to earth and thats why he strayed your to stuck up. He didn’t even want you around his “clients” with that stuck up attitude! How your own husband don’t want you around and bluntly told you to your face………” You don’t need to come” wow………

44. RRE IN SC says:

I find it interesting that a lot of people are hating on these women and calling it the throwbacks, the other wives are not trying to go on here for fear that their husband’s business will be more public and they are okay with the money so they are probably dealing with the cheating…So I want to say to these ladies, great show and thanks for sharing, its all entertainment for us, but don’t forget this is still their life.
    Now for Royce, I just don’t get this chick who asked her to dance, and why not bring a gift like everyone else…The dance was okay, and would have been more appropriate for a player than his wife…LOL

45. MrsDeedivalicious08 says:

Jennifer n Evenlyn are to fake chicks. Jennifer you know you are ghetto trying to act like you come from sumthin. Girl stop! It shows on your face your a hater!! Evenlyn you just playing follow da leader. Yall know Royce is doing what yall wish yall could. She is young n living life. Stop all the madness…

46. Ky,OMGSagave says:

Ima start at the beging Royce hunny do u y r u on here wit a bucnh of hens, dey old washed up and lonely. Ur a dance dont let them down play u cuz dey light turnd off ten years ago.. Jennifer u need to get out da boosuise $*#_!^+%~+@%&!_~ Wen u married dis men u knew wat u were getting into stop fixing ur hair and pulling ue teeth Reverse cowgirl ya mzn b4 u a divorce it might do him sum justice.Eww I hate fake `$*)@_`()@~*%+&(@ es. Shonie I’ve had it if ur over Shaq i wudnt care if he `&%((#)#!^@(@@%$ ed someone I knew. My dear EVELyn I just seen ur $`#@)_`*++)&*%# butterfly tattoos, on ur back n ur vickis on WShh. U got sum nerve talkn bout Royce,Practice wat u preach u mite need dem pic to get a job. After ur divorce…HAHA The Half breed wit da `&%((#)#!^@(@@%$ d up teeth…NEEEEEXXXXT I c y dey aint `&%((#)#!^@(@@%$ n wit ch’all ungrateful hoes…On to the NExt One!!! Sleep on dat

47. Felicia says:

Evelyn, are you f—ing kidding me, there are several pics of you floating around on the internet that you sent by cell phone to somebody you screwing, acting like you are a teenager, and you talked down and belittle Royce. When you think about it, you have a seventeen year old daughter and you just turned 34, meaning you had her when you were at least 16 or 17 yourself, all of those faces you made in disgust with Royce dancing will be some of the same expressions that your daughter friends will be making when they see her old azz 34 year old mama taking naked pics of herself to send to her bed partner, how low can you go, to diss Royce, and at least Royce didn’t have her son until she was at least 26 or 27, but you were a young fast hot mess and got pregnant before you even graduated high school. Karma is a motherf—–. So lets back track, you said that you read on the internet that people were talking about Royce, and it makes you look bad, because you are a mother and business owner….so does your behavior make your daughter look bad, because you know all of her guy friends are going to see mama’s breast, azz, whop sided nipples and looking old in the face as hell, just start telling people you turned 44 and not 34, because you don’t wear your age well without makeup. And what the hell does those butterflies on your back represent going in a f—– up direction, which looked bad in that dress. Maybe your ex need to do a little research and background check on you, because i think you had a tendency to be an undercover mother that was probably cheating tooo…and Shaunie wants you two who–s to befriend Royce and Gloria and bring them into the circle and take them under you all wings, DAMN, how bout that…..Can’t wait to see Jennifers naked pics surface with her man on the side or woMan on the side…nuff said

48. lyric says:

Excuse me, but the last time i checked it was not impossible to love any other person, even if it is a bball player. I DO believe that these women were in love and may still love these men. Think about it, yes they get the material things but they wouldnt be complaining about being lonely if they didnt love these men. I think every woman has dated a man whom under other circumstances they wouldnt have but someway somehow they actually started to love this person.
    Please stop actin like these women dont have real feelings like we do….
    Now I agree that it surprised me to hear Jen say let me put my Chanel bag down, not never have i said let me put my Rue21 down, or my walmart down.lol. that was a hot mess, overall i think Jen is pretty, without contacts, but i know it had to be love to stay with he husband, cause i was so disappointed.yall just dont know.i dont know what groupies he has cause id keep it pushin.i really honestly think evelyn is pretty but she need to stop actin like she aint never dropped it like it was hot.and she needs to be a woman and stop talkin bout how she dont like royce and just stop being around her, well as much as possible.now royce, another ciara, please do ur thing gurl, dont wori bout these haters. you have natural talent, and you are just as cute as can be, but please do something to your hair, i mean outta all the others yours is real, but go get a real trim on those ends, and no body wont be able to tell you nothing, not even these heffas.shaunie, gurl are you even on the radar???we watch cause we trying to find out whats going on with you and shaq and even that new lil qutie you got. im not sure why suzie is there cause…..idk, strange?evelyn get ur game up sweetie, i mean really a shoe boutique, isnt shaunie doing the same thing. stop doing things so your ex will hate, and maybe youll be able to really go out there and date.
    I know you ladies are hurt by these men, but still be ladies about it.
    Overall, Royce steals the show, so regardless of how hard Jen and Eve hate, sori boo but Royce did steal your shine, and it didnt take but 2 episodes and your party.

49. SHELLY says:

GREAT SHOW, SHAUNIE, LIFE IS SO GOOD FOR YOU WITHOUT SHAQ…YOUR A DIVA FOR LIFE…FOR THE TWO 30 ISH LADIES(EVEYLN AND JENNIFER) STOP HATING ON ROYCE. YOU HAVE WRINKLES AND STRESS LINES IN YOUR FACE ALREADY STOP STRESSING OVER HOW GOOD THIS YOUNG LADY LOOKS BEFORE THE TWO OF YOU END UP LOOKING LIKE YOUR GRANDMOTHERS, BEFORE YOUR TIME. GET A LIFE AND STOP ALLOWING YOUR STATUS TO GET IN THE WAY OF WHAT YOU WISH YOU COULD DO. ROYCE IS A BALL OF ENERGY THAT NEEDS TO CALM DOWN SOMETIMES, BUT YOU WORK IT AS LONG AS YOU CAN..JUST BE DISCRETE SOMETIMES. TO THE SIS OF THE CHICK WITH SHAUNIE’S EX…GET A CLUE, BUT YOU WILL SOON ENOUGH. LOVE THE SHOW KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

50. TIsha S. says:

I am astounished at how Evelyn is acting. She is no Miss Professional or even high class. On the first 2 episodes of the show she has spoken very ill of Royce, but it seems to me that Royce is the only one that is working for her money. While Evelyn is claiming to not want to date any more athletes she is sending nude pics to other B Ball players. In my opinion she is a hypocrite. She is so jelious of Royce. She wishes that she was more like Royce. Oh Ya she knows she liked her birthday present from Royce. LOL!

51. StephC says:

OK, to start, not sure if I like the show yet. Shaunie seems a little to classy for this group. I like Jennifer but her husband Eric made me and my husband sick to our stomach. Look at him???? If he wasn’t a baller, she would never have talked to him. He is nasty. Evelyn, 10 years??? Fiance? Why are you on the show? I am really trying to like you but you seem to be very fake. You own a shoe shop, fine. I hope you show us something else on the show because right now you are looking like a groupie yourself. Evelyn wants a professional. What does she have to offer?? Not much in personality. I am curious as to the education level of these women? With the exception of Royce, they don’t seem to have anything going on for themselves. You go Royce…atleast you are passionate about your craft. Atleast you have a craft, not relying on you husband. I love my husband to death but if something were to happen, you can believe that I will not be meeting with my girls to cry and whimp about “guys are this, guys are that.” I will be meeting with my business partners regarding the money that I have to make to support my child at MY JOB. The more I watch, the more proud I am that I continued my education while dating a “Ball Player”. I would have been one of “THEM”

52. Peaches says:

Eric Williams is so %!_+)_(`_^()++!& ing ugly he looks like a big #^+$_+~@^&#~`#+* He has no respect for Jennifer and she need to go in on his +$&(~^)#*#$~^@* instead of trying to have a fight with a so called groupie. She married to Eric so she need to be mad at his +$&(~^)#*#$~^@* Evelyn and Jennifer are the worst who told these weave wearing, fake contact wearing hoes they where the *(^`_(%(_!!$“%% All they done was suck some #^+$_+~@^&#~`#+* and give up some dam +$&(~^)#*#$~^@* just like a so called “groupie”. If they had any respect for themselves they wouldn’t be with a guy for 10 years without a ring, are would Jennifer be letting Eric ugly #^+$_+~@^&#~`#+* face +$&(~^)#*#$~^@* dog her out and disrespect her.

53. Debbie says:

I’ve only seen two episodes and already I’m confused and annoyed. First of all, the show is entitled “Basketball WIVES”, and only one woman on the show is actually married. Go figure. Shaunie was married to an NBA star and obviously has insight gained from actually being a spouse, but the rest of these broads…? What’s up in particular with
    mouth almighty Evelyn? In fact, what makes the majority of these “never married to an NBA player” women any different from the groupies they look down their noses at? From what I see, with the exception of Shaunie and
    Jennifer, they’re all just baby mommas. Please. I’m not sure I’ll continue to watch this nonsense.

54. Samantha says:

When I first heard of this show coming out ,I actually thought that it may be a good show ! Turns out its a bunch of nonsense ! Like the working class has nothing better to do but watch high maintenance hookers flaunt their status of freaking a baller ! I thought womens lib was meant to evolve ourselves from the role of just being a wife or girlfriend ! These Broads havnt shown me where they even deserve to be with these men but for their money and status ! If Jen wasnt married to Eric and was married to Mark on 55th street and he cheated and talked to her the way he does,I guarantee she would have been divorced his ogre looking behind ! All these nuckle head `_**`%)!((^)^$% lil girls acting for the camera and fake as I dont know !What if Matt isnt cheating ? Yall hating `_**`%)!((^)^$% es causing troubes in his household ! Do Eric even still Ball ? Im a NBA junkie and I aint seen him! Shawny you could have saved this show for `_**`%)!((^)^$% tissue ! And she dont act no better than the rest !In the beginning I bet all of them was a grou-ie,a booty call,etc ! Royce do you ! You the only one to me whos not stuck on herself ! Not doing a baller.Not wearing fake `_**`%)!((^)^$% )@$(()#!$+^)`(_( in your eyes and hair.Not over dressing like your the one thats famous ! Not down talking folks ! I wish they all get left in the rain at another mans house.Jen if you need the Juice to give u backbone your weak and someones gonna knock the hel out of u ! Bring back Girlfriends ! this )@$(()#!$+^)`(_( is whack !

55. tecia says:

i think evealyn is the one that was fake…she anit even try 2 stick up for her friend jennifer…she anit nuttn but a faker…them ugly $~%$&@%&^+`)%$! shoes in her store….thats why that )(^)`^~)#^(~)!%~@ was empty….she anit *#@#$@_$%@*@#+%! she washed up….i cant stand her

56. Classy says:

The woman are so dry and bland. I expected so much more from the so called “rich and famous” basketball wives. They are just typical wanna bees you can find in your everyday hood. Shaunie is exploxting all of them, hence why she has yet to only appear but on one show. Can you say flunkies and groupies? Thats exactly what these wives are. One final comment: I LOVE Royce she is real and I know she is getting a phat %_`~%)!^`~!^(~# checks from her baby daddy where she can afford glam stuff, but she is sticking true to who she really is. Evelyn looks old hell more like 44 not 34 and Jennifer needs a better hair weave and a deep condition treatment to help with those randome split ends as well as leave her snake %_`~%)!^`~!^(~# ape %_`~%)!^`~!^(~# of a husband, he is scum of scum….. That was sooooo tacky for Jennifer to step to plastic surgery at the weak %_`~%)!^`~!^(~# party…. wow, you gave her that much attention??? Who does that? I would never step to a scank and lower my standards…. threatened much Jennifer? Boy-o-Boy these woman are JOKES…LMAO.

57. Classy says:

The woman are so dry and bland. I expected so much more from the so called “rich and famous” basketball wives. They are just typical wanna bees you can find in your everyday hood. Shaunie is exploxting all of them, hence why she has yet to only appear but on one show. Can you say flunkies and groupies? Thats exactly what these wives are. One final comment: I LOVE Royce she is real and I know she is getting a phat (!`&#_)(!)`+$__ checks from her baby daddy where she can afford glam stuff, but she is sticking true to who she really is. Evelyn looks old hell more like 44 not 34 and Jennifer needs a better hair weave and a deep condition treatment to help with those randome split ends as well as leave her snake (!`&#_)(!)`+$__ ape (!`&#_)(!)`+$__ of a husband, he is scum of scum….. That was sooooo tacky for Jennifer to step to plastic surgery at the weak (!`&#_)(!)`+$__ party…. wow, you gave her that much attention??? Who does that? I would never step to a scank and lower my standards…. threatened much Jennifer? Boy-o-Boy these woman are JOKES…LMAO.

58. Mikejones says:

This is the dumbest show I have ever seen. These ladies make them self look so stupid. Like my mom always said you just can’t buy class

59. nypeach says:

Rashida went too far when she told Jennifer that the person she is with doesn’t even think she’s real. Even if she wanted to tell Jenn off, Rashida doesn’t know anything about her marriage or what her husband thinks. I definitely think she crossed the line. On the other hand, Jenn had no business approaching a groupie at a party to tell her off. That girl should have gone upside her head with the bottle she was holding…get real ghetto on her. That was just plain stupid and pointless. At the end of the day, they’re all just different degrees of Groupiness.

Royce, oh little Royce. I love this girl, so cute and adorable. But I wish she would quit gyrating like a stripper without a pole every time she hears a beat. Yes, she can dance, but can she please stop dancing like she’s waiting for somebody to make it rain?

Jenn: your husband is beyond ugly inside and out. He is just disrespectful, self-absorbed and immature. You married a baller, the life was nice, if you weren’t smart enough to spit out a baby right away then boo on you. But it’s time to cut your losses and split.

60. Liz says:

Hi, I watched the second episode about Evelyn’s 34th birthday. I would like to know the name of that awesome smoky drink she had…it looks really good. Also, Royce needs to get a grip. I think she is so stuck on herself that she is not realizing the fool that she is making of herself…yes, she dances good but there is more to life than dancing. Any way, can I please have the name of that drink?

61. shanee says:

This show is a mess. Really though? VH1 couldnt come up with anything better with. I agree with you tara people cheat dont matter bout the money. and these chicks must of forgot. and i hate that they make it seem like they job is so hard. What vh1 should’ve did was put a true reality show about military wives. instead of this bull. they go through more @_$~@@%!($$#)~+@ then these ladies ever will. they need to grow up. and what they dont realize is they still basing their self off they ex’s because this show is called basketball wives. most of them aren’t even married anymore. it should be called basketball baby mamas. and big props to gloria you the only girl who seem decent or better than decent on this show. none of these women got anything on you. keep doing your thing girl, raising your girl and supporting your man and teach them a lesson. and what jacqueline said was real and quote

“Jennifer, Jennifer, so what you have the ring. What does having the ring really mean? yes ok you have the ring but other women have your husband’s attention, his time his d—. You look lke a fool flashing the ring to some random chick. You are having marital issues, therefore you find it hard to be happy for Gloria. Instead you want her marriage to fail. You want her to discover that her man is cheating. Shame on you and Evevlyn. Two low self-esteem haters trying to pull someone else down. And the only reason why you helped Royce is for your own selfish gain. She was a pick me up for you. You desperately needed somebody to look your nose down on to make yourself feel better about your life. Pathetic.”

62. shanee says:

This show is a mess. Really though? VH1 couldnt come up with anything better with. I agree with you tara people cheat dont matter bout the money. and these chicks must of forgot. and i hate that they make it seem like they job is so hard. What vh1 should’ve did was put a true reality show about military wives. instead of this bull. they go through more (`!$*$`^&!%(^!`@ then these ladies ever will. they need to grow up. and what they dont realize is they still basing their self off they ex’s because this show is called basketball wives. most of them aren’t even married anymore. it should be called basketball baby mamas. and big props to gloria you the only girl who seem decent or better than decent on this show. none of these women got anything on you. keep doing your thing girl, raising your girl and supporting your man and teach them a lesson. and what jacqueline said was real and quote

63. Myrina Mitchell says:

I just wanna knw the name of the drink ol girl is smokin on lol

64. Bianca says:

ok so this show is not all that. The women on this show are a bunch of dependent, long term groupies with rings! The only one that is on point is gloria. yea she may be naive but shorty knows exactly what she is doing. Those other chicks are straight up haters! lets not forget scripted. Females need to stop playing the victim card and start making these fools the victim! Its only obvious that a man will be a man whether he plays ball or flips burger. Keep up the good work gloria and the rest of ya’ll heffa’s need to get a hobby other than the men you have or in some cases the men you no longer have!

65. Janieca says:

1st of all miss EVELYN why are you always bashing Royce about being a dancer. & her thrusting her ()`$)&!+#~`%~~@$)` while she performs, but yet you have naked pics all over worldstarhiphop.com; can you answer me that?????????

66. saturnvsmars@aol.com says:

I’ve been watching the show since it began at first with reservations of course, is this going to be like other miami bravo type shows with alot of flash n no substance, this show dosent disappoint,,, constantly put down for being a dancer i wonder what these superficial sudo-divas did before marring money. This show does nothing but propetuate ignorance,,, high school extended basically

67. rodie says:

all i wants 2 kno iz how she made dat drink second pic

68. tman says:

what is the name of the song playing when Evelyn is getting her hair done for her party ? lyrics who wants to party yeah yeah yeah. Love the show

69. shaey says:

i just want to know what was she drinking and how do you mix it

70. sasha says:

royce is just the lowest level of a h%$, evelyn needs to get off antoine as if he did her so wrong, when the money left she left……played out, groupie lmao…..jennifer is just so unhappy poor thing……she trys to belittle women to feel a void, bcz she knows she’s nothing to her husband………im so glad gloria stood of for herslf its takes 3 of yall to punk her……shaunie, shaq left u, thats bad, i mean if shq dont want to be there…..ummmmmm im just saying!!!!! s

71. 731653 says: