Tough Love Couples Recap – Episode 5 – Hostile Witness

toughlovecouplesshock

Surprise! Tough Love Couples has eliminations.

“This is gonna be bad,” guesses Heather at the beginning of Tough Love Couples. Heather? Hi Heather! Where have you been the last couple episodes? I didn’t know you were still on the show. I thought maybe they did off-camera eliminations of people who don’t say or do anything for entire episodes, but I guess not.

toughlovecouples105-vh100015

Steve takes the couples to a jail to be interrogated by him, though, doesn’t he always interrogate the couples? Between this and last week’s game show get up, I think that these exercises may also be so Steve can act out his wildest fantasies. CSI: TLC:

toughlovecouples105-vh100021

toughlovecouples105-vh100030

Pawel is up first, an when he is brought into the interrogation room it dawns on him that “this s*** is for real.” He’s going to have to either define s*** or “real,” because being interviewed in jail about your relationship for the camera is not interrogation for real. I’ve seen enough episodes of Law & Order to know what a real interrogation looks like.

toughlovecouples105-vh100036

Steve gets Heather to admit she got back together with her ex after she broke up with Larry. This seems like a big deal until Ryan comes in.

Ryan and Axelle broke up for a little bit, and Ryan and Steve argue over whether he was on a break with Axelle, or whether this was one of those temporary breaks that guys do when they feel like not having a girlfriend for a weekend. Or, in Ryan’s case, when someone you want to have sex with comes to visit you.

Steve gets a bit more of the truth out: Ryan stayed on the couch for one night, but shared the bed for the rest of her visit, and they took a shower together, and he “grabbed her boobs,” a detail that it looks like Axelle did not know before:

axellesurprise

…but he insists that they didn’t have sex. Why did he stop short? Because he’s such a good guy, right?

“You are a liar, you have no balls, and you are not to be respected,” Axelle tells him back at the house. She pushes him to “have the balls” to tell her that he had sex with her, but he won’t. Hey, it takes balls to lie this much too. Credit.

toughlovecouples105-vh100065

The next night it’s time for romantic dates! But there’s a catch: They have to reveal something really personal. Before they can go on a date, Steve asks Ryan if he’s willing to salvage his relationship. He says yes, but he gets this look first:

ofcourseryan

Still a bad liar. At least Steve and JoAnn are sending them to a public place, which is where you go to reveal information no one wants to hear.

Mario and Christina talk about their parents, and it’s sweet and a little sad, since it’s mostly about how to take care of them when they’re sick. Let’s move on.

toughlovecouples105-vh100072

Larry wants to have kids by the time he’s 35, so he and Heather discuss what Steve calls “Larry’s ticking clock.” Males apparently have biological clocks too. But Tony Randal had a kid when he was 200 years old. The clock just doesn’t apply anymore. They kiss after their talk, but I prefer this second right before, since it looks like they’ve invented a new form of affection: close smiling.

toughlovecouples105-vh100079

Ryan apologizes again to Axelle, and Axelle pretty much breaks up with him. We get more cheater crying. Speaking of, where are Dustin and Courtney? Do they just jam on at the house and do laundry while the others are on their couples dates?

toughlovecouples105-vh100088

toughlovecouples105-vh100089

Back at the house, it’s hot seat time. Mario and Christina do the best this week because of their very mature talk about how to care for their parents when they get sick. They’ve come a long way since they debated happy endings at cheap massage parlors.

toughlovecouples105-vh100101

Axelle and Ryan are in the hot seat. And Sherry tells her side, via video. Still not good enough though. So Steve invites her in.

mariowoo

toughlovecouples105-vh100124

I love that everyone gets a thrill from this. Of course they do: First, it makes them look better, second, who doesn’t want to see this?

Now I feel like this is indulging Steve’s talk-show host fantasies. Were this any other reality show, the ladies would be taking their earrings and shoes off. I know Tough Love Couples is a classier affair, but don’t let the smart blazers fool you. Sherry, to Axelle’s credit, actually does seem like the awful person Axelle makes her out to be. First of all, she doesn’t realize this is a upscale casual kinda night. Second, she asks if she can hug Ryan before Steve begins his questioning.

toughlovecouples105-vh100131

Then Sherry goes even further and says she loves Ryan and adds in that she doesn’t think Ryan is happy. Ryan gives an awful speech about truth and honesty to the rest of the group, while Axelle gets comforted by Steve. They had already broken up at the restaurant, so this whole thing was really just a way to make sure they don’t get back together, I think? Unless the justification is just that it would be entertaining for all? If so, thanks! It was.

toughlovecouples105-vh100142

Unlike Courtney and Dustin, they’re done.

The couples gather around to say goodbye to Axelle, but Ryan leaves alone, never getting a chance to grace us with either his guitar-playing, or his hat. Later Ryan! I’m pretty sure Sherry’s been milling around the parking lot waiting for you anyway.

toughlovecouples105-vh100162

Tough Love Couples cast reveal
Tough Love Couples show page
Tough Love Couples videos and extras
Master Matchmakers
Check out Steve and JoAnn Ward’s Book, Crash Course in Love

1. Melissa says:

Axelle was way too good for that loser anyway!Wouldn’t be surprised if she was on the next “tough love.” Love Love this show! A learning experience!

2. Cinema says:

Thats a great idea. Courtney and Axelle both deserve far better men than they came in with, and Steve could hook them up with someone way better.

Ya know, after proper time for healing and whatnot.

3. Jhon says:

Relationships get worst on this show…there was actually
    no reason to purposely break up axelle and her man for
    ratings. BS!!

4. Wendy says:

(If this ever becomes a reunion, I just want to ask.)
    Steve, why did you go the extra mile to bring on Sherry? Didn’t you feel that the video was enough? Were you trying to prove a point to either Ryan or Axelle, or both? What was the purpose of bringing her on?

5. Amanda says:

Okay so I love this show!, but as i was watching the past episodes i kinda got the feeling steve was trying to break Ryan and Axelle up, I know Ryan made some big mistakes but Steve seemed to only really focus on those two…I just think Steve may have liked Axelle idk does anyone else feel this way?????

6. darlene biggs says:

sorry, my questions not pertaining to this particular series, but i would like to know how to get on this show. id do anything to find out more about my relationship. i was brought up with honesty and i feel as though i ruined my whole life on a dream and would love to be on this show and find out what the hell is my so called relationship called or am i just paraniod from all my past relationships? thank you darlene

7. shaknbak480 says:

Steve just knew they weren’t right for eachother. He is a match maker and can see they clearly aren’t matches so he was doing good for both of them. And it wasn’t that he was trying to break them up, he just knew Ryan was lieing and Axelle deserved to know the truth and she decided to end it not Steve

8. Billie Jo Haworth says:

I want to know about Steve himself!!!!!!!!! He is not sporting a wedding ring. WHY is this ??? He is a very sexy man!!!!!! He is hosting a show on “Tough Love”. Why is he not hooked up?????????? How old is he and what is his status???

9. Maria says:

Steve was spot on with Ryan and Axelle, Axelle main issues with Ryan was that he lies to her whether it be a little white lie or a big one. No matter how many times Axelle ask Ryan to please just tell the truth it seems to Ryan that it would be a hard one to do. It’s sad, but it had to be done it wasn’t fair to Axelle. I really don’t think it’s the act that Ryan did with Sherry, it was the lies. If he could of just told her when she asked him, yeah she would be upset for awhile would even say her peace, but she will appreciate the truth because she will then know what she has to do in the honest way, that’s all plain and simple. This show is good because it can help other couples in their own relationships. I don’t believe in the whole marriage thing, meaning getting the paper for proof of marriage, which for me a Marriage License is for financial and/or rights to entitlements when a spouse passes, however that’s not to say I don’t believe in love. I’ve been with my husband(common law)for 21 yrs., do we have our ups and downs, hell yeah, there are times he doesn’t get what I’m trying to tell him or when I do tell him, but then I do the pros and cons of our relationships and the pros over power the cons, so we try and it could be bumps on the way, lots of yelling, but our love is still there and I know it can be a little insecurity in him and with me I expect too much. I do come down from my high horse and think of all the things he said and things I say and find a compromise that fits both of us and it’s cool, ok, not all the time but we try and then it happens. This all happens because of communications with eachother, and this show express it. Sorry, for the long story I thought just to share it a little to show that people like me, who is not 25 yrs., but 46 with a beautiful 29 yrs. old daughter and two beautiful grandsons, yeah some of us need to watch the show just to get a little perspective on things. Trust, I look at my parents, too, for their love and support because they are still together after all these years, my mom was 15 and dad 17 had me when she was 16, and still they are both together. My mom will tell me about ups and downs they had, but they had lots on their plates, but either way they stuck it through even with a little separation from eachother did them both good because they both came to eachother knowing that they belong together. I love them so much, even though I’m going through depression and stuff with my husband, they still consult me letting me know how to go about it and to pray for strengh and wisdom, that way I know how to make my decisions and it comes from a place of understanding and willingness to make it better. Sorry, I went off again. I hope all the couples get what they really want from this experiences, I hope it works out for all the couples. To Steve and Joann Ward, thanks for the show I believe it can help lots of people, you’re great. Love and Peace

10. Love It says:

Steve has definitely turned up the heat. You go Steve! Good job Dennis & Simone!!!

11. 3703965 says:

What a lovely day for a 3703965! SCK was here

12. 1504512 says:

What a lovely day for a 1504512! SCK was here

13. Hunting for who owns particular cell phone number be able to easily way an solitary nuts. You spirit observe the cell number display hopeful focus of your current caller ID rider there’s no drv to inform you who is having in touch along with you.

14. All single phone number authorized in the United States includes a whole profile to facilitate features; names, age, address, in addition to extra information and information.

15. First of every we should kill off a common misconception: You are unable so when do a annul telephone number search used for obtainable.

16. Seeing as the bing evolves these telephone lookup services possess become inexpensive once to pay out, compound services at present let in support of discounts meant for unlimited searches. Via paying a nominal price tag designed for this type of service has allowed folks at what time own peace of mind around the world.

17. Initial factor would be there so when enter in the cell phone number you necessitate inside the “lookup field” a propos the reorder cellphone search webpage.